Helmer
Art Morte
iftikhar
19 posters

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Winter is Coming - Page 17 Empty Re: Winter is Coming

Post by Art Morte Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:07 pm

El Cujo wrote:Is Lambert really a bad signing though? Every time I've seen him he's looked the goods. If he's not scoring he's still putting in a great amount of work and pressing really hard. His technical ability needs a bit of work, but he's got a nose for the net and good instincts and is industrious.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:12 pm

Is El Cujo RO's Little optimistic Version Suspect

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:47 pm

Except I said that Lambert was a bad signing from the beginning. He's not even remotely similar to Ings come on now. Are you really comparing Lambert to a 22 year old who won championship player of the year and is nothing like him stylistically (has a ton of pace, presses hard, makes a lot of good runs off the ball)?

Also just read that it would be against the rules for us to loan him back to Burnley anyway. So either we're buying him to come and play for us or we'll have to wait for the summer if there's any interest. I think that Burnley should just let him come if we want him TBH and we'll loan them like Borini or Lambert or something.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:56 pm

Dare I say Ings is a bit like Harry Kane. Maybe not as athletic but very similar in other parts of their game.

There's two ways that I look at this possible transfer.

- 1. Very good signing at 3m. Will be sold for a lot more to a Villa/QPR/etc as he's English and he's only 22 when we don't need him anymore. The main reason he's coming in is to be 3rd or 4th choice competing with Origi because we're selling the 3 stooges in the summer(Mario, Fabio, Lambio). Definitely better suited to our style than those 3 aforementioned stooges. Still keeps the door open for a top attacker like Lacazette to come in.

- 2. We've lost any sort of ambition. The ineptness has taken over. Ings is brought in as the forward we've been promised to be 2nd choice or partner Sturridge and we'll have Sturridge, Ings, Origi, and Lambert as our options next season. Gods be good. This would officially end Liverpool as we know it.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:09 pm

I'm not so sure it would be the end of the world. Especially if we look to get a legitimate star at midfield and to bolster the defence. If you isolate Ings' play he really provides a lot on the field, an if he were playing in front of say Sterling, Coutinho, Henderson, Moreno and beside Sturridge would you not back him to produce a lot more than with Burnley? I know it doesn't always work out that way, but I could definitely see Ings breaking out in a way with us.

For example if our Winter/Summer went something like....Ings, Pogba/Pjanic, Montoya/Manquillo and say someone like Schar I would not be upset. Wink
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:21 pm

Yeah but the thing is we won't signing Pogba/Pjanic. That's the difference. We'll get Ings, and beat around the bush for a good midfielder and end up signing Milner or Delph or something.

I like to fantasize about signing Pogba's and Pjanic's but this transfer committee and/or this club has never made those type of signings EVER. Why would I delude myself into thinking we will this summer.

Like I said though 2 ways I view the Ings deal. We'll see how it goes in the summer.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:30 pm

Burnley Official Statement wrote:Following growing media speculation, Burnley Football Club would like to reiterate their stance regarding striker Danny Ings.

Ings has been heavily linked in the past 24 hours with a permanent move to Liverpool, with the suggestion that he would then be loaned back to the club for the remainder of the campaign.

This kind of deal is prohibited by the Premier League under rule V7 which states that a player cannot be purchased and loaned back between Premier League clubs in the same transfer window.

Chief Executive Lee Hoos said: “This type of move would violate Premier League rule V7 regarding transfers so simply cannot happen.

“This is the last time we will be making any comment regarding the player’s future.

“Over the course of the window, the player himself, Sean Dyche and the chairman have made it clear he won’t be going anywhere and we consider that the end of the matter.”
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:51 pm

That's cool.

Also Harry Kane is class. Top 5 striker in the league.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:57 pm

The situation right now is the only way we can buy him is if give them a very very handsome offer and they have time to look into replacements. As the rule suggests loaning out isn't a possibility. scratch
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:57 pm

Well this is the first time that an incumbent manager has put pressure on them to buy 'ready made players' what that means I guess we'll see this summer. I think everyone recognizes that we need to make some king of big signing to help ease along the loss of Gerrard -- give the fans something to be really excited about.

Hopefully Rodgers has enough clout to stand firm and get them to open the coffers as well as attract a great to elite ready-made player.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:59 pm

El Cujo wrote:Except I said that Lambert was a bad signing from the beginning. He's not even remotely similar to Ings come on now. Are you really comparing Lambert to a 22 year old who won championship player of the year and is nothing like him stylistically (has a ton of pace, presses hard, makes a lot of good runs off the ball)?

Lambert won Championship's player of the year the season Southampton won promotion. Scored five more goals than Ings did, too. Lambert's two Prem seasons at Southampton were 15 and 13 goal seasons. Ings has 7 right now, so is pretty much on course to the same numbers.

And Ings has a ton of pace? I've missed that. Presses hard? Great, that's going to win us so many games. Makes a lot of good runs off the ball? Okay, it's starting to sound like we're trying to sign a Lambert-Borini hybrid. F***ing A.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:14 pm

Exactly Morty.

People always champion these average players once we are linked with them. Same thing happened with Aspas, Moses, Borini at the time, Balotelli, Lambert. Trying to justify against all precedence why these guys are a good choice. First instinct is mostly accurate. He hasn't looked any more special than Borini at Roma or Sunderland, or Lambert at Soton, or Aspas at Celta, or Moses at Chelsea when we signed these guys.

For example, when I first heard of the Balotelli rumors coming up, my first instinct was of absolute rage that we are thinking of him. But then I talked myself into it in the following days and before I knew 3 or 4 days later I had made myself think it was a good idea that we're signing Mario. Shit is happening over and over again.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:40 pm

You don't think Ings has pace? Did you watch them play us, or any other team really? A Lambert/Borini hybrid would be a great player -- high work rate, nice runs, gets into good positions and has tenacity while also being a capable finisher and strong on the ball which Borini is not. Also if you don't see the difference between Lambert winning the player of the year at 30 playing on a stacked (relative to the Championship) team to Ings winning it on this Burnley side at the age of 21 and the difference between the two players I can't really help you.

Nobody is 'championing' Ings, but he is not a bad option and he has shown enough to do well at Liverpool for me. For his value and age it would not be a bad deal and he has improved every year pretty much and again, is only 22. It's funny how domestic bias even affects us, when you consider that if Ings were some South American kid or Spanish kid there'd be a ton of hype around him.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:00 pm

Ulloa is South American, Ayoze Perez is Spanish, they have 7 and 5 goals respectively and no one's hyping them up.

Signing Ings would be fine if we needed a 3rd choice striker, but we already have three 3rd choice strikers and only one injury-prone 1st choice striker. Ings is not a player we should be looking at at this point.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:18 pm

Meh, we can agree to disagree. I think we could aim higher, but I also think there's untapped potential there. I was actually talking about him last week on another board as someone who looks primed to have a break out of sorts and wouldn't mind if we were in on him. I guess we'll see how it goes, but for my money we could do a lot worse and I don't think he'd be a 3rd choice striker...I also think he's already better than the likes of Borini, Lambert and Balotelli at this point.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:48 am

We can sign Emile f***** Heskey on a 5 year deal and you'd still try to argue how good of a signing it would be ffs. rofl
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:43 am

Looking forward to the day when these two POLAR OPPOSITES will shimmer down for a while!!! scratch :facepalm:
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:25 am

Suppose we sign Danny Ings (this window or in summer) and have him, Origi & Lambert (he will be in his last year of contract) along with Sturridge as our striking options for next season. Will that be much (any) better than Sturridge, Balotelli, Borini & Lambert??? It can be only if Origi & Ings have a break-through season. But that’s not based on concrete evidence or even practical supposition. I would say that would be mere wish or hope if not fanciful dream.

I think it can be argued (for both Origi & Ings) that they will be benefiting from better service and system. But to what extant??? Can they carry the team for 5-6 games!!! Can they do it over a period of THREE MONTHS!!! Can they ensure that Sturridge can be rested/rotated for 20-odd games and that will not affect the results!!! I doubt that. Let’s not forget one of reasons we have struggled (and still struggling) is because we lacked a proven goal-scorer beyond Sturridge.

The way I see it, the Ings episode can work this way: We sign him and a proven goal-scorer (let’s call him Mr. X, shall we) and Sturridge, X, Origi and Lambert are retained with Ings sent out on loan to a Premier League club. Next season, if both Origi & Ings shows development, we retain them. If not, we sell them.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:26 am

Pete O'Rourke ‏@SportsPeteO 2h2 hours ago
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has confirmed the club will do no business before the transfer window closes on Monday night. #LFC

It might bite us in the ass given our tough schedule and important players' injury proneness but if we're not signing quality then I'm glad we're not signing any average Joe like Danny effing Ings Laughing

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:33 am

Disappointed at the lack of business. I'm not confident of getting a Top 4 finish this season. Given the lack of transfer activity definitely says something about management/ownership as well. Sad
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:38 am

poolsupporter wrote:Disappointed at the lack of business. I'm not confident of getting a Top 4 finish this season. Given the lack of transfer activity definitely says something about management/ownership as well. Sad

Just a tip: Watch your next words in here son. pale
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:22 am

Red Alert wrote:
srigooner wrote:
Red Alert wrote:
WE ALREADY HAVE WORLD CLASS ORIGI AND NOW WE CAN HAVE WORLD CLASS INGS TOO Proud

Its just past 7 on a rainy, bleary, dark Friday morning and I misread that. Had to re-read it twice more to be  Laughing

Read it 70 times if you have too.

He's world class. Did you not see him in the world cup?#!*(#^!(#

Blame the time and the day Razz

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:11 am

Red Alert wrote:
poolsupporter wrote:Disappointed at the lack of business. I'm not confident of getting a Top 4 finish this season. Given the lack of transfer activity definitely says something about management/ownership as well. Sad

Just a tip: Watch your next words in here son. pale

Blaming FSG for this window, FML. You guys think the real world transfer dealings are like Fifa football manager.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:00 pm

I'm not disappointed if we don't sign anyone, we spent a lot in the summer, it's no good buying a new lot of players every six months.

That said, a GK would have been nice and a CM. I really trust only Henderson out of all of our CMs to do a good job in this 3-4-3. If he gets injured of fatigued, we're f***ed as bad as without Sturridge, if not worse.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:48 pm

I dont trust this committee and Rodgers both, they havent proved yet that they deserve more money to spend. End of.. .. ..

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:23 am

Rodgers' signings have done quite well actually. All things considered. They make up the bulk of what has made us a successful team of late. Coutinho, Lallana, Can, Sakho, Markovic, Moreno, and even Mignolet has been coming into form again. Meanwhile he also brought Sterling into the first team, helped Henderson on and Sturridge was also one of his signings so...

That said I think Can would be able to fill in for Hendo if necessary. Maybe not a like-for-like identical replacement, but he's industrious and talented and has shown to be quite good so far. I don't think we really needed to do anything this window except keep Mignolet on his toes and maybe grab a back-up striker incase Sturridge goes down again.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next