Vibe
TalkingReckless
Red Alert
McAgger
Gil
81 posters

Page 3 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 29  Next

Go down

Martin Ødegaard - Welcome to Arsenal - Page 3 Empty Re: Martin Ødegaard - Welcome to Arsenal

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:22 pm

true. All those *insert nationality* Messis we never heard of again.

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Martin Ødegaard - Welcome to Arsenal - Page 3 Empty Re: Martin Ødegaard - Welcome to Arsenal

Post by McAgger Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:22 pm

Remember the Freddy Adu hype Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:24 pm

Neymar also trained with us once, hope we can snatch this one up if Liverpool fails like we did.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:27 pm

This kid definitely has all the intangible qualities to be a marketing superstar for Perez.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:30 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:true. All those *insert nationality* Messis we never heard of again.

Yeah, exactly. Players just mature so differently. Everyone start wanking over some teenagers who have just developed early and will stagnate after that. I could list a bunch of Liverpool youngsters from a few years back who fans were getting excited over. Now they're lucky to play in the Championship or League one.

That said, I still think it's worthwhile to sign players like these. Just shouldn't get over the moon about them.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:30 pm

Don't call me James wrote:This kid definitely has all the intangible qualities to be a marketing superstar for Perez.

Only thing he needs is an amazing personality (like Zlatan) because I don't know how great he can be a huge marketing asset without a great population in the scandinavian countries. Unless of course he turns out to be one of the best in the world.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:31 pm

I'd be willing to bet anything that he will not join Real Madrid at this point in time, that would be career suicide before he even has a career.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:35 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:I'd be willing to bet anything that he will not join Real Madrid at this point in time, that would be career suicide before he even has a career.

Actually at this point it might even be good for him, because he would get to train with some seriously better players than in the Norwegian league and probably get some world-class advice. I mean, he's only turning 16. Could very well train a couple of years with Madrid and if he doesn't then make the cut, move somewhere else with better training under his belt than what he'd get in Norway.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:35 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:I'd be willing to bet anything that he will not join Real Madrid at this point in time, that would be career suicide before he even has a career.

Just like your club killing Højbjerg at the moment.

We would atcually loan him out and get some experience before intergrating him into the first team squad.

Last edited by Freeza on Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:35 pm

The kids father wants whichever club to guarantee his place in the first team squad. Can't ever see that happening at Real Madrid for any 15 year old.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:37 pm

Don't call me James wrote:The kids father wants whichever club to guarantee his place in the first team squad. Can't ever see that happening at Real Madrid for any 15 year old.

Can you see that for a 15 year old in the premier league though? The violent play could really hinder him until he has finalised his growth.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:41 pm

Freeza wrote:

We would atcually loan him out and get some experience before intergrating him into the first team squad.

'killing Höjbjerg'?!

Name me any other European top club where a kid just turned 19 has a similar number of minutes? Or starting in a cup final at 18? Surely not Real.

If he wants to start regularly right now, he'll have to go out on loan, simples.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:43 pm

Freeza wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:The kids father wants whichever club to guarantee his place in the first team squad. Can't ever see that happening at Real Madrid for any 15 year old.

Can you see that for a 15 year old in the premier league though? The violent play could really hinder him until he has finalised his growth.

A 15 year old will not be a real part of any top first team, and neither should he be. He should play youth football and go to school ffs.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:46 pm

Freeza wrote:

Of course not. That demand his family is making is pretty stupid. If they want him to play for a top 20 club in Europe, he'll have to prove himself against the other youth in clubs respective academies.

At the moment, everyone will say whatever the family wants to hear just so they can get him to sign for them.

Best thing would probably be for him to stay at Stromgodset for at least 1 more year and try to rip apart the league so his hype goes up further. He's still on going to 16-17. The risk with this is that he could possibly stagnate and go into abyss with everyone forgetting about him completely.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:46 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Freeza wrote:

'killing Höjbjerg'?!

Name me any other European top club where a kid just turned 19 has a similar number of minutes? Or starting in a cup final at 18? Surely not Real.

If he wants to start regularly right now, he'll have to go out on loan, simples.

Sterling
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:48 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Freeza wrote:

'killing Höjbjerg'?!

Höjbjerg, 19, 270 minutes in all competitions.

Munir El Haddadi, 19, 521 minutes in all competitions.

Wannabe Barcelona even in youth development, fss. Proud

:coffee:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:49 pm

I said 'European top team'
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:51 pm

We played Varane 2600 minutes when he was 19, and we were "destroying him" hmm
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:56 pm

Yeah well Höjbjerg won't start regularly at this point in time, not like that should be a surprise.
Alaba was loaned out too at that age, makes the most sense.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:02 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:

Not only you messed up, or Wenger with Ronaldo etc pp.
Football is full of those stories, you can never know how people will turn out.
Freiburg rejecting Benatia as not good enough in 2009 etc

or Fergusson ditching Pogba or the worse rejecting Hames Rodriguez for Bebe. :non existent blow my head smiley:

Last edited by Lumiere_Blanche on Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:03 pm

Fußball wrote:

Bruh

Sterling at 17 - 2,391 mins
Sterling at 18 - 2,626 mins
Sterling at 19 so far - 1,674 mins
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:04 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Yeah well Höjbjerg won't start regularly at this point in time, not like that should be a surprise.
Alaba was loaned out too at that age, makes the most sense.

Exactly what I mean. The notion that Ødegaard would start at any top club is ridiculous beyond comprehension. He needs to develop some your on loan until he's about 18 and then start to feature regularly at one club as the 12-14th man or something like that.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:05 pm

Don't call me James wrote:
Fußball wrote:

Bruh

Sterling at 17 - 2,391 mins
Sterling at 18 - 2,626 mins
Sterling at 19 so far - 1,674 mins

me at 17 in my club - all minutes hmm

thought we were talking about top clubs hmm
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:06 pm

@freeza. About the personality part, its funny zlatan never played for real. And its funny also that bale also plays for real. @hans. munir, sterling.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:07 pm

3 people just on this page doing the same joke Laughing

I get it you pos'. it's so funny. Ha ha

Now can we be serious.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:07 pm

Freeza wrote:We played Varane 2600 minutes when he was 19, and we were "destroying him" hmm
Varane was an exception... according to Mourinho, he came in with the mentality and training discipline of a veteran... he basically forced the manager to play him because out-performed our starters first on the training ground and then in games. You can't expect that from 99,9% of teenagers.

Madrid is an awful place for a kid who's not ready tbh.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 29  Next