Vibe
TalkingReckless
Red Alert
McAgger
Gil
81 posters

Page 20 of 29 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24 ... 29  Next

Go down

Martin Ødegaard - Welcome to Arsenal - Page 20 Empty Re: Martin Ødegaard - Welcome to Arsenal

Post by Thimmy Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:23 pm

Pinpoint through ball Proud

Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Martin Ødegaard - Welcome to Arsenal - Page 20 Empty Re: Martin Ødegaard - Welcome to Arsenal

Post by Arquitecto Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:42 am

Not even the 5th best moment he has produced at La Real this year.

Top 5 in La Liga this year, Ødegaard.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:50 am

He seems to be getting a lot of attention on social media for this particular performance. I actually think quite a few of his passes while at Vitesse/Herenveen were more impressive. Perhaps they weren't as perfectly weighted as this one, but they were more impressive in terms of their complexity, and the ability to execute such extravagant passes while being under a lot more pressure. I suppose that just goes to show how beneficial it is to play in one of the most relevant leagues. Individual brilliance doesn't seem to get as much exposure outside of the top 5 leagues.

Hell, I still remember being gobsmacked after impulsively deciding to watch a Leverkusen match where Son looked like an absolute world beater compared to everyone else around him, and yet I've lost count of all the times I've seen someone on the internet credit Pochettino for supposedly discovering and nurturing him into a "somebody". I don't think Martin's pass against Alaves would've garnered much attention outside of the Netherlands if he'd still been playing for Vitesse.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:00 am

That pass was all over my twitter line. To be fair i think there was some hype even when he was at Vitesse because i have seen the passes you are thinking of, at least some.

Playing in la liga is also a giving him higher exposure, thats normal. Not to mention his performances against the same teams Madrid play week to week makes it more realistic to imagine he can play and succeed in Madrid. Especially if he sustains this level the whole season
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:09 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:That pass was all over my twitter line. To be fair i think there was some hype even when he was at Vitesse because i have seen the passes you are thinking of, at least some.

Playing in la liga is also a giving him higher exposure, thats normal. Not to mention his performances against the same teams Madrid play week to week makes it more realistic to imagine he can play and succeed in Madrid. Especially if he sustains this level the whole season

I meant more in a general sense, but yeah, that adds up in Martin's case. I doubt he can sustain this level of performance throughout the entire season. He's worked like a horse for both club and country recently. I'm pretty sure he's played all 90 minutes of every match for Real Sociedad, and I imagine that won't change anytime soon. He may be young, but there's got to be a limit to that seemingly endless stamina.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:02 pm

Brief summary of his breakthrough at 14 until now, at 20.

https://www.vgtv.no/video/185526/fra-martin-15-til-martin-20

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:49 pm

Who?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:03 pm

Harmonica wrote:Who?

A top 5 player in La Liga according to your closest source
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:08 pm

Freeza wrote:

Proud
Rated higher than Messi too
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:12 pm

rincon wrote:
Freeza wrote:

Proud
Rated higher than Messi too
Rated higher than injured player? And we need thread about this?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:28 pm

Yes
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:29 pm

Quality post, Harmonica. I thought that joke was funny the other 50 times, as well.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:59 pm

• Becomes player of the month in La Liga
  • Real Madrid increase his buyout clause to 350m euros.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:15 pm

Is that true?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:30 pm

RealGunner wrote:Is that true?

Him becoming player of the month is confirmed, will be announced in the upcoming days. The buyout clause has been reported by several news outlets, including my local newspaper and Marca, but of course, I can’t confirm that one. If Real Madrid release information that suggests otherwise, I’ll edit the post.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:53 pm

I had no idea a buyout clause can be increased without a new contract. Thought it was usually part of the contract.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:49 pm

Obviously they cannot change the buyout clause - if he has one - without a new contract lol. Clubs could slap any buyout clauses on their players on weekly basis.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:00 pm

I would assume they renewed his contract. Will look into it when I get home.

Real Madrid have a policy of protecting their young players from Europe's other rich teams, so before Odegaard joined La Real on loan, he signed a new deal until June 30, 2023, with a release clause of 350 million euros, an 'unattainable' price right now for any club in the world.

https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2019/10/03/5d9647c1ca4741d5568b457e.html
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:15 pm

Thimmy wrote:

• Becomes player of the month in La Liga
  • Real Madrid increase his buyout clause to 350m euros.

Amazing feat, it took Messi a decade to get PoM in Liga, who's this beautiful player?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:44 pm

Seriously, the fk Messi has to do with this?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:13 pm

It's pretty obvious he's only developing well because he is NOT at Real.
The moment he return to Real, he will flop, fail, and ruin years of his career, until he leaves again.

We all know that's true.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:24 pm

Martin Ødegaard - Welcome to Arsenal - Page 20 200px-2014-05-18-Pierre_Emile_H%C3%B8jbjerg
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:15 am

He renewed his contract before going on loan

but this is smart, not sure if he thought about this, but let's say he returns to Madrid in 2021, he plays the season 2021-2022 to see if he is counted on, if yes, he extends his contract, if not, he has a year left to pressure to go.

Obviously we can renew his deal at any time but this kinda gives him control.

There is always a chance that if he is too good after this season, the club talks him into staying next summer. 2 year loans are not allowed in Spain so i think he is working with a verbal agreement that he is returning to la Real next summer.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:04 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:It's pretty obvious he's only developing well because he is NOT at Real.
The moment he return to Real, he will flop, fail, and ruin years of his career, until he leaves again.

We all know that's true.

All I know is that you need to stop saying hurtful things about Real Madrid you pos.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:13 am

He's right though, Odegaard is developing quite nicely at La Real, something we all know wouldn't have happened here with Zidane still in charge.

And to be completely honest with you, I really hate the way Madrid has been handling some of their youngsters. I have nothing against selling, loaning out or even benching failed prospects, but what I'm absolutely against, and even loathe, is the idea of bringing back a youngster after a successful spell elsewhere, only to glue them to the bench and rarely play them.

For instance, what they're doing right now with Vini is frankly disgusting. Granted, I don't agree with my fellow Madrid fans (or at least some of them, to avoid generalizing) that he's the second coming of Jesus, but I do think that the kid has talent and this talent could be developed under the right guidance and with regular playing time. So when I see the kid either benched, or playing out of position, or not even included in the list, I really feel bad for him because this is a crucial time for his development, and he absolutely can't afford to waste it warming the bench. Why condemning the kid to a season-long life on the bench when they could've easily found a loan deal for him in the summer? If You're not planning on playing him regularly, why did you keep him?

Same thing with Brahim. I think I saw more solar eclipses than him in a Madrid shirt. He left City specifically because he was unhappy with the lack of playing time under Pep. But I don't think Madrid is treating him any differently. In fact, some could argue that his situation might be even worse here. And just like Vini, I always find myself asking the same question; why did you keep the kid if you're not planning on playing him?

They are not going to develop if you only play them when one of the starters gets injured or for CDR and meaningless crap.

I'm really happy for Odegaard, and I'm glad he didn't choose to come back. And I even encourage him to not come back as long as Zidane is still in charge.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:32 pm

Sociedad are leading 3-0 over Osasuna. Ødegaard is having a brilliant first half, and just scored a cheeky freekick Smile
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 29 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24 ... 29  Next