Mobile phones Thread

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Mobile phones Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Mobile phones Thread

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:14 pm

The OnePlus 7T Pro Nebula Blue looks really beautiful. I have always thought Apple takes the cake when it comes to overall beauty, but OnePlus is surely keeping the competition tight with their latest phone.

An absolute gorgeous piece of technology and it just so happens to be great performance-wise as well.

I mean look at this beauty for god's sake:
Spoiler:
Mobile phones Thread - Page 8 Kv-static-m

The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:18 pm

@The Demon of Carthage wrote:The OnePlus 7T Pro Nebula Blue looks really beautiful. I have always thought Apple takes the cake when it comes to overall beauty, but OnePlus is surely keeping the competition tight with their latest phone.

An absolute gorgeous piece of technology and it just so happens to be great performance-wise as well.

I mean look at this beauty for god's sake:
Spoiler:
Mobile phones Thread - Page 8 Kv-static-m

I like how it bends on the sides. Kinda looks like the S7 Edge from a few years ago but without the bezels.

But it doesn't have wireless charging which for me is a complete turn off.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Private

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:50 pm

I really don't mind having a phone with no wireless charging as long as it's a great phone. But I understand why it can be a deal breaker for other people such as yourself.

By the way, I still rate Apple's iPhone higher than the other 'competitors', if we can even call them that. But I was pleasantly surprised with the OnePlus for pushing the envelope and coming up with a really good-looking and high-end phone.

First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:28 pm

@RealGunner wrote:
Better than any iPhone tbh

"In the face of the relatively conservative changes of the Lightning cores (other than AMX), the new Thunder cores seem like an outright massive change for the A13 and a major divergence from Apple’s past efficiency core microarchitectures. In the face-off against a Cortex-A55 implementation such as on the Snapdragon 855, the new Thunder cores represent a 2.5-3x performance lead while at the same time using less than half the energy."

https://www.anandtech.com/show/14892/the-apple-iphone-11-pro-and-max-review/2

tl;dr iPhone's are 2.5 times faster and use half the energy compared to best Android CPU.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol on Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:03 pm

Best bang for buck as usual delivered by Xiaomi:

Mobile phones Thread - Page 8 81UgYuadkpL._AC_SL1500_

249.99 Euros for the Redmi Note 8 Pro.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:18 pm

So my iPhone 6s broke about 2 weeks ago on a night out and I was left for dead and had to immidiately purchase a new phone in the morning. So I went to the store and picked the Xiaomi Mi A3 or whatever and, after 2 weeks of use, I have to say I've never been more disappointed with a phone. Although the battery is quite decent (apart from standby time) I think the iPhone 6S was better in every way despite being 4 years old. It was faster, more responsive, easier to use and thus more user-friendly (I guess that's relative though), there was no overload of rubbish taking up space etc. Not to mention issues like privacy and security.

I'll be buying an iPhone early next year and the Xiaomi will be merely my back-up phone. For the time being, I'll have to suffer and re-think all my life choices.

Never. Again. Anyone with similar experiences?

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner on Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:22 pm

^^ what's wrong with the Xiaomi privacy and security issues?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:37 pm

As I said I've only been using Android for the past 2 weeks but I've read there are/were a few issues regarding Bluetooth and WPA2 wi-fi security protocol. Not sure how things stand currently or how they've tried to improved it.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner on Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:06 pm

but how is this affecting your user performance personally?

I'm an android user - a Huawei - an my experience on it runs clean and efficiently.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:17 pm

Yeah that doesnt really affect me, I meant to say its the least of an issue of all those I mentioned

My brother also has a Xiaomi (better specs than mine) and I'm not impressed either. Maybe its a Xiaomi thing idk. Sure its cheap and looks good on paper but idk.

Another thing I noticed is that navigation works way better on iOS for some reason (other apps aswell, not only google maps etc.). Maybe I'm biased but I love everything about iOS and dislike most things about Android. I thought I'd change my mind going full-time Android for a period of time but my initial opinion only cemented itself.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol on Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:28 pm

When you go Xiaomi you must get the Xiaomi Redmi Note Pro. No difference in speed between my wife's Xiaomi and my Samsung Galaxy S8 (which is basically the same as an S9). If you are disappointed it's about Android, not the phone itself.

Though I would never support a company like Apple with my money even if their systems are a bit smoother in respone time.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer on Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:12 pm

@futbol wrote:When you go Xiaomi you must get the Xiaomi Redmi Note Pro. No difference in speed between my wife's Xiaomi and my Samsung Galaxy S8 (which is basically the same as an S9). If you are disappointed it's about Android, not the phone itself.

Though I would never support a company like Apple with my money even if their systems are a bit smoother in respone time.

I use Redmi Note pro and I confirm this.
Lucifer
Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:18 pm

@futbol wrote:Though I would never support a company like Apple with my money even if their systems are a bit smoother in respone time.

Merc-Benz supplied Nazis with their best vehicles but that doesn't mean you wouldn't buy a Mercedes now, does it? I definitely would, because its a damn great car.

Who knows what Samsung is doing back in Korea bro? They sure as hell are no better than Apple. And Xiaomi? What are they doing to keep their pricing points so low? Slavery? hmm

To each their own, I personally know iOS is my destiny. It's just so much superior to Android, thats what I think.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol on Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:44 pm

@Myesyats wrote:
@futbol wrote:Though I would never support a company like Apple with my money even if their systems are a bit smoother in respone time.

Merc-Benz supplied Nazis with their best vehicles but that doesn't mean you wouldn't buy a Mercedes now, does it? I definitely would, because its a damn great car.

Who knows what Samsung is doing back in Korea bro? They sure as hell are no better than Apple. And Xiaomi? What are they doing to keep their pricing points so low? Slavery? hmm

To each their own, I personally know iOS is my destiny. It's just so much superior to Android, thats what I think.

I'm not a hardcore political do-gooder. My life span is too short and mankind itself is too irrelevant in the grand scheme of things (we're not even a fart in spacetime). So I don't try to be holier than the pope. But when there are great alternatives for me, I use those.

I avoid American products as well as I can for thousands of reasons but it doesn't mean I'm so hardcore that I don't even use Windows or Android. I'm not a political activist.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Yesterday at 9:07 am

I just feel like Android is buggy and in constant Beta state for some reason. I've had that impression years ago and i still have it now. The way iOS uses and distributes its RAM is sooo much more efficient. It's worth the extra buck but the iPhone 11 is actually $699 so thats a lot but not that crazy. Rumors are they plan to introduce a $399 phone soon so thats one to look out for.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8