Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Torres Appreciation Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Torres Appreciation Thread

Post by Gil Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:22 pm

Poor guy. Should just call it a day ffs. His wife clearly doesn't love him.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:33 pm

RealGunner wrote:Resurgent Torres Molenation https://vine.co/v/OMBO69n9B5P

Beautiful one-two.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:53 pm

Milan desperate to cancel Torres' 2-year loan next month, according to reports, but Chelsea don't want him back.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:16 pm

Should to to the Danish league imo. Even though he might have to step up his game.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:19 pm

One of the least likeable players I've ever seen. He's always been a sulky ladyboy but the way he's given up on his career after the first obstacle and refused to adapt his game after the injuries is unbelievable. David Villa still contributed in a title-winning Atletico side with 33 after breaking his leg. This guy gave up in his mid-twenties and is only in it for the money.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:32 pm

Torres and Agger at Brondby Proud
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:43 pm

Torres is behind Menez, Pazzini and Niang. I can understand why Menez is preferred over the Spaniard, but the other 2 are hardly better than him. I think he must have some attitude problems.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:21 pm

Torres' career has to be one of the most spectacular recent nosedives in the sport.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:48 pm

Forza wrote:Torres is behind Menez, Pazzini and Niang. I can understand why Menez is preferred over the Spaniard, but the other 2 are hardly better than him. I think he must have some attitude problems.

I've been thinking Torres is injured when I haven't been seeing him in Milan's line-ups in recent months Laughing

Damn, he's really lost.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:04 pm

Biggest decline I've ever witnessed in top level football. I'm talking in terms of a player once heralded as the best striker in the world, to then drastically drop a level and remain like that from his mid twenties onwards.

Still young as well, but has the capabilites of a playing heading into retirement.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:13 pm

Not young, he's already 30.

But the strange thing is that Torres hasn't looked like he's declined physically. When he was Chelsea he looked fitter than ever to me. I think I remember reading at the time when he joined Milan someone from Milan saying that Torres is in amazing physical condition or something like that. It's like he's been training really hard to become good again, but his decline has just been something else, something weird. Like the biggest mentality block ever.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:41 pm

He definitely declined physically Art. But his biggest problem was mental. He's got some huge issues.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:53 pm

Having said that I would rather have current Torres up front than a *bleep* 33 year old beet factory worker who trips over his own feet.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:21 pm

Come to MLS Fernando.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:37 pm

The most important reason as to why he hasn't scored other than 1 goal so far in Milan . There's no teamwork when it comes to Torres. They do not feed him when it matters , in some cases like Menez it's terrible to witness. He will pass anywhere but Torres. Most of Torres' chances were earned on his own , he pushed hard for those and unfortunately for him none went in . Players like Honda , El Shaarawy , Bonaventura , even Muntari and especially Menez , look to score themselves and play the hero. They do not support him like they should and frequently their decision making involves going for the goal themselves .

It's a general issue at Milan as of now , at it's worst with Torres . Our players do not usually follow tactics when chances presents itself. I get it that individual freedom is a must and that a player will take a chance on his own , but when everybody does that , neglecting the CF more often than not , what do you even need a CF for ? That's what is happening with Torres at Milan. Terrible support and it's bewildering . Torres in all his games works twice as much as Menez and it really shows .

Menez off the ball is at best mediocre , still gets more passes to score though . Individualy taking a chance on his own , Menez has done better , no doubt . But when it comes to work to receive support , he's been significantly worse than Torres , yet still his teammates play him more than Torres , even when Torres was better potisitioned . Torres receives the ball in the most lame places for a CF to be , like in the wings or in the middle of the pitch during a counter . And he usually finds himself there cause teammates won't pass it to him previously , so he naturally moves wayward or deeper to receive the goal , effectively minimizing his chances on goal. We are talking about wrong play here and it's all down to Inzaghi , he should have been adressing this , yet he doesn't . Menez has been his favourite so far and Berlusconi likes him too... that's why Torres suffers. He won't stay at Milan if this goes on.

I cannot tell why 100% really . Had they fed Torres half the chances Menez got , never mention how much Torres works to get available , he'd have scored a lot more than 1 goal. Anyone who actually wants to SEE why Torres doesn't score , check his next game .

He moves fast , he pressures more than often , he is always up there when Milan attacks , trying to get into position to receive the ball . They rarely look to feed him and what's worse is they pass to him when the defence is protected , as if Torres will become Messi suddenly .

In general lines , neither Inzaghi is fully utilising Torres as he should , nor his teammates actually help him as they must . They either play the hero for themselves , or will simply downplay Torres . It's very worrying , because Torres goals put aside , has barely 1-2 bad games . If our players looked to make their CF score rather than be the heroes no one needs , Torres would be doing so much better right now .

I firmly throw the blame mostly on Inzaghi about Torres , to be honest. He personally asked for him and he's afraid to back his own choice with actions . I am bloody damn sure he understands better than everyone else how badly Torres needs his teammates to support him by last-pass terms , but he doesn't seem willing to adress this. I never see improvements there. All of a sudden , when Torres doesn't play , Menez with far less work off the ball and with quite few to seperate the two movement-wise or positionaly based , he gets the ball in the same areas Torres wouldn't . Yeah , regardless of that one goal , Torres has actually been quite good for the team in most of his games , no matter how much of an anomaly this seems .

For once , this really isn't on Torres fully. If anything , Milan doesn't really offer the support he was promised . Especially Inzaghi , mostly on him . Trully , there's no good reason Torres wouldn't have scored half the goals Menez has so far , especially when i consider almost half of those are penalties , which are granted to him just because he's Pippo's and in reality , Berlusconi's favourite current Milan player . I feel quite sad for Torres , cause if we actually looked to complement him on the field , we would have seen far better results than this. It's down to Menez or Torres though , since Menez doesn't like to play on the wings .

There's a solution ... the 4-3-1-2 . But it will ruin either Ses , or Honda's game , so Inzaghi is happy to let his own choice Torres rot in the bench , for what he thinks greater good. I really disagree . Menez is a very good player on the ball , though there's no question in my mind , he will never be the face of this team . When players like Ses and Torres are under utilised for Menez to shine , yeah , i don't like that very much and give it enough time , most will begin to agree.

It's down to tactics imo and how to get the best out of this team , which i don't believe Inzaghi does . Ancelotti's diamond is the answer , but he doesn't have the balls to drop Honda deeper. If it was up to me , i would try this

El Shaarawy - Torres
Honda
Montolivo - Bonaventura
De Jong
De Sciglio - Alex - Rami - Abate
Diego Lopez

I would bench Menez , he offers absolutely nothing we will need if we played like that , not from the start . Not only Honda and Ses would be better , but Torres too . Bonaventura would improve this midfield as well. Better protection as well as counter attacks that will require teamwork . All of this doesn't happen for Menez , because he's a favourite. Even if this doesn't happen , i must say the on the field relationship Menez has with his teammates is very worrying. The rest forwards have problems with Menez and Torres most of all .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by sumon_blue Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:01 pm

Q: "Is it possible @Torres can return?" Jose: "No, no, no. No place for him in the squad"
Sad
sumon_blue
sumon_blue
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:07 pm

Don't call me James wrote:Having said that I would rather have current Torres up front than a *bleep* 33 year old beet factory worker who trips over his own feet.

Who would you rather have right now , Balotelli or Torres ? Just a question on the players . Not where Balotelli should play stuff e.t.c . Strictly on the players , Balotelli or Torres ?
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:22 pm

Dante wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:Having said that I would rather have current Torres up front than a *bleep* 33 year old beet factory worker who trips over his own feet.

Who would you rather have right now , Balotelli or Torres ? Just a question on the players . Not where Balotelli should play stuff e.t.c . Strictly on the players , Balotelli or Torres ?

Nice post above, Dante. A pitty that Torres isn't in favour of his coach or teammates.

I don't want Torres because I'm not that fond of ex-players coming back, but Torres' style would certainly suit better our needs than Balotelli's when playing the 4-3-3 with a lone striker like we've been largely playing this season.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:35 pm

I'm happy with Balotelli, but I would take Torres back in a heartbeat. I think that he could still be useful.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:36 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Dante wrote:

Nice post above, Dante. A pitty that Torres isn't in favour of his coach or teammates.

I don't want Torres because I'm not that fond of ex-players coming back, but Torres' style would certainly suit better our needs than Balotelli's when playing the 4-3-3 with a lone striker like we've been largely playing this season.

Yeah , ex-players coming back rarely works as expected. Torres could do with taking advantage of open space and constant support from teammates that look up to his game . I think so myself , Liverpool would be better off with Torres as of now , than Balotelli .

Balotelli just isn't suited for the play where he's used . He could be , but he won't adapt. If i learned one thing last season , is that Balotelli can't spearhead anything , 4-3-3 and whatever . Let others take the full load. Either partner him or play him waywards , he's movement for that kind of play is sad . He actually forces teammates to hoof to him and in general lines , his play up front doesn't invite the play Liverpool wants .

Torres maybe would open up threads in attack that with Balotelli are simply hidden and locked . That's if he got what he needed , which i suspect he would at Liverpool . What he would make of it , not sure , but surely would provide more than what Balotelli does there.

As for Torres at Milan , yes , perhaps i detailed it too much , but that's the essence of it. You can't ask for a player to improve your own fortunes and then make his life difficult . I fully blame Inzaghi about Torres , honestly. He's not even been bad in most of his games , goals aside rather the opposite happens . He works for the team , whereas other work for themselves and he's the only one paying for it. He lacks support and players like him live off support. Cut that pipe down and you have an uneccesary resource , unable to use it .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:34 pm

Anyway , new rumours on Torres . Apparently Benitez is going to 'resque' him and offer him Napoli's bench Laughing

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2871471/Fernando-Torres-way-Napoli-Rafael-Benitez-considers-rescuing-striker-AC-Milan-misery.html

One thing is clear though , the situation either changes for him at Milan , otherwise Milan should let him go. If you ask Inzaghi he'll answer he simples makes decisions on players each game individualy , but when you choose scrubs like Pazzini and Niang in front of Torres who works double what any other forward we have does , it's a conviction rather than an observation .

And Pazzini and Niang always fail miserably , in everything and in any case. No way they ever did anything better than Torres when used. The season is still long , but if this persists , then yes , Torres will have to go , he doesn't even have to go through this. This downplay Torres experiences is simply wrong , imo . There's no good reason why it exists . But it happens and it shouldn't .  

Going with Menez is one thing , allowing players to be worse than what they are -Ses and Torres- is another. Even Honda would be better as a trequartista. With just a diamond midfield and an adjusted duo up front , we would be so much better in all areas of the pitch and mostly in attack. Nothing stops us from being a poor replica of Carlo's Milan again , but Inzaghi who's known to have him as an idol , doesn't really follow his steps. El Shaarawy playing in Shevchenko's role and Torres in Inzaghi's old role would be very usefull for Milan right now , since we mostly counter attack.

Menez can also play in Sheva's role , left of the CF , but his relationship with teammates is quite worrying , i wouldn't risk starting him , no matter how usefull he's with the ball at his feet. He's passing is mediocre at best too , wouldn't assist nowhere near what would be required of him.  Besides , a well constracted midfield wouldn't even require Menez to drop deeper that often , so yet another thing he does won't be necessary , rather the team would be better . I fully know what i would choose. It's like Inzaghi wants Menez to be THE player and he allows other players to suffer because of it , or even worse , he doesn't get it? I don't believe that though , it cannot be that he doesn't get it. In the end , it's not like his 4-3-3 makes us play who knows what kind of football. We counter attack well. Counter attacks aren't based on the formation , for a start. You can counter attack regardless , so i don't really see why this discrimination persists with Torres.

Inzaghi himself said in the past that 4-3-1-2 and 4-3-3 don't have big differences , it all depends on the forwards. I fully agree. My problem? When he specificaly wants his own choice forward to be the difference and not the capability of the team. I really hate that and that's exactly what happens. All of Torres , El Shaarawy and Honda would like it much better in Carlo's diamond , never mention Bonaventura would blossom in the midfield , without dropping anyone but Menez. Not even him actually , he would still play most games , just not always from the start.

Shevchenko(El Shaarawy-Menez) - - - Inzaghi(Torres-scrubs)

----------------------------------Kaka (Honda-El Shaarawy-Bonaventura)

This way we would have El Shaarawy , Torres and Honda in better form , our midfield much more solid than it is and our back line more protected , without our play changing significantly . We just wouldn't need Menez to show up to win games... oh wait. That's where we are currently headed atm. My big concerns are Torres and El Shaarawy . I firmly believe El Shaarawy given Shevchenko's "boots" , will jump a whole new level. Don't let him struggle on that left wing and all , let him franticaly run at slow Serie A defenders and use his burst exactly near the box , not from the middle of the pitch which requires heavy long runs .. let him be outside the box to either shoot banana-shots he likes , or assists a well placed CF to score the tap in , or finish the chance.. i am almost fully convinced we would see Ses and Torres having a great time in a partnership up front , instead of a trident which actually limits both Ses and Honda full potential and makes Torres obsolete , all of that just for Menez.

I am mainly dissapointed with how Inzaghi has been using both Torres and El Shaarawy , at least Honda can cope well after so much time on the right wing . Still , even with Honda , you can see he's not natural there . He must always put that extra effort , where otherwise he would use that energy in the 10 position to actually improve our play , rather than survive on the right wing. Many complaints with Inzaghi , though it's early , i hope for the whole team's sake he makes adjustments.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:10 pm

El Cujo wrote:I'm happy with Balotelli
Surely you jest? Laughing
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:19 pm

You guys are over thinking it, Torres is utter turd and has been since his last season at Liverpool.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:31 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:You guys are over thinking it, Torres is utter turd and has been since his last season at Liverpool.

Remarkable that people are still bringing up things like the 'no service' canard. And with a completely straight face Laughing

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next