Fahim89
Helmer
Art Morte
Curtinho
McAgger
15 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Original Origi || The Divock of the People - Page 4 Empty Re: Original Origi || The Divock of the People

Post by Art Morte Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:57 pm

Well, Ings is Ings, I think the day we signed him everyone expected him to be a 3rd-choice back-up at best. But Origi was a bit different, there was actual excitement and talk about how he will shape our attacking choices this season. Yet now when he's actually here, it's looking rather unlikely he'll be featuring much. Domestic cups and the EL, yeah, but I don't think our hopes about this guy were "he's going to be a good choice to use in the less important games".

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Original Origi || The Divock of the People - Page 4 Empty Re: Original Origi || The Divock of the People

Post by iftikhar Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:04 pm

I guess the earliest chance for the likes Origi, Markovic etc. is the League Cup game next month. Also, considering there's international breaks in September, October and November; these fringe players have more chances to make an impact.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:14 pm

Should of went on loan.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:48 pm

I said this when we signed him. he wont make it at Liverpool.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:38 am

Klopp wanted to take Origi to Dortmund Shocked ???

He says something like that in post-match press. Watch around 7min of the following link:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3a01nd_jurgen-s-post-match-press-conference_sport
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:03 am

I don't think origi is going to make it at Liverpool tbh.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:58 am

Unique wrote:I don't think origi is going to make it at Liverpool tbh.
He looks better on the wings.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:23 am

iftikhar wrote:
Unique wrote:I don't think origi is going to make it at Liverpool tbh.
He looks better on the wings.
Thumbs up Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:59 am

He did OK against Tottenham, imo, well, OK compared to what I thought his level would be. But I can't see him making it as a striker here, though.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:30 pm

Art Morte wrote:He did OK against Tottenham, imo, well, OK compared to what I thought his level would be. But I can't see him making it as a striker here, though.
I agree. when tekkers and Sturridge are fit he wont get a game. and imo ings is a far better player. infact I can see ings doing well for klopp.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:25 pm

He has to take his chance to make something happen till other strikers will be injured. Specially, Ings is injured and he will surely going to get his chance and I am sure he will improve much more under Klopp.

Last edited by Helmer on Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:05 pm

Helmer wrote:He has chance to make something happen till other strikers will be injured. Specially, Ings is injured and he will surely going to get his chance and I am sure he will improve much more under Klopp.
the problem is mate he wont get the goals. he puts the work in and gives 100%. but he just don't have the talent. I said as much when we signed him. imo he was another bad buy from Rodgers. I don't see how Rodgers could have thought the guy would come in and hold down a spot in the team.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:09 pm

He's very young. I think he's going to be a work in progress for about 4 years. At which point we'll know if he'll make it or not.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:13 pm

Don't call me James wrote:He's very young. I think he's going to be a work in progress for about 4 years. At which point we'll know if he'll make it or not.

I think, four years is very long time and I would say we will know in this season itself if it is even worth keeping him or investing in him or probably just send out on loan and cash in later. But Klopp likes him and Krawietz has special interest in him when he was in Dortmund and he will put real hardwork to develop him so I have high hopes. Krawietz has played tremendous role in developing players at Dortmund.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:19 pm

the thing is he is a year older than Anthony Martial. I know one cost much more than the other but the gap is massive. I just don't see him going anywhere tbh.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:23 pm

Far too early to be writing him off. He has the talent as he has shown in glimpses (look at him with the NT, the World Cup, at times with Lille, pre-season, etc.) and he has a great set of physical attributes.

Klopp is good at working with youngsters and if he wanted to bring Origi to Dortmund he obviously saw something in him as well. Remember he is still quite young, and while Ings yes has shown to be better even he is older and has a lot more experience.

Patience.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:38 pm

Which world class striker was setting the world on fire at age 19/20? Very very few. You have the likes of Falcao, Lewandowski, Cavani, Costa, Van Persie, who all visible grew into a top players at 23 or 24 or older. It would crazy to give up on this kid because he looks meh in a few games at 20.

I'm not saying he'll be like those guys but he really needs to be given time. And by time I mean years. 4 years hopefully. I want to see what he can do at age 24.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:06 am

With Ings out for rest of the season, Origi now has a better chance. But I really think he would do better as a winger.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:39 am

He's not good enough a dribbler to be a winger, imo.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:48 am

He needs to be more decisive. He needs to be smarter. He needs to make much better movement. Things that come with experience. He's got physical attributes to be a good CF. He's got good technique on the ball as well.

I trust that if there's any sort of good player in there, that Klopp will unearth him in a few years.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:18 pm

Problem with Origi is that he doesn't have the instincts of a CF...  he's not a scorer believe it or not.  That was the big question mark at Lille and he didn't answer them.  Take Martial or Lacazette for example...  Martial now and Lacazette back when he was 20 were always scorers.  Always.  The issue for Lacazette was that Gomis and Lisandro were blocking him from playing CF and he struggled playing wide.  Martial had to play wide because of Falcao and then Berbatov...  look at him as a CF this season.  For Origi, he struggles playing central.

Not saying he can't become one... saying he needs to learn to make the instinctual movements and subtle plays that a true CF would.

Balotelli had the same problem so you guys should know.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:47 pm

Original Origi || The Divock of the People - Page 4 2f004110
Proud Chaka Molenation
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:57 am

sportsczy wrote:Problem with Origi is that he doesn't have the instincts of a CF...  he's not a scorer believe it or not.  That was the big question mark at Lille and he didn't answer them.  Take Martial or Lacazette for example...  Martial now and Lacazette back when he was 20 were always scorers.  Always.  The issue for Lacazette was that Gomis and Lisandro were blocking him from playing CF and he struggled playing wide.  Martial had to play wide because of Falcao and then Berbatov...  look at him as a CF this season.  For Origi, he struggles playing central.

Not saying he can't become one...  saying he needs to learn to make the instinctual movements and subtle plays that a true CF would.  

Balotelli had the same problem so you guys should know.

I find this interesting since they all have similar scoring rates throughout their careers, and Origi has played just as much wing as those two.

u19 NT and up:
Origi 10 goals in 20 games. (.50/g)
Martial 4 goals in 17 games. (.24/g)
Lacazette 18 goals in 33 games. (.54/g)

Senior NT:
Origi 3 goals in 14 games. (.21/g) - notable for World Cup performances also
Martial 0 goals in 6 games.
Lacazette 1 goal in 8 games. (.13/g)

Senior Career:
Origi 16 goals 6 assists in 89 games. (.18/g)
Martial 15 goals 8 assists in 70 games. (.20/g)
Lacazette (at 20) 12 goals 8 assists in 55 games. (.22/g)

Then when you consider that both Monaco and Lyon score much more goals than Lille in his time there I don't see how either Martial or Lacazette have separated themselves more as goal scorers. Origi's movement has been great in any Belgium or Liverpool game you watch -- his finishing or decision making has been lacking at times, but that comes more with age and experience. His physical tools are superior to both Martial and Lacazette, IMO.

If you look at his hattrick against Southampton you can see the makings of a potentially great player, one that we saw glimpses of also at the World Cup and various levels of the Belgian NT. I'm not convinced Lacazette or Martial will be better players. I think with confidence and time Origi has just as high, if not higher, potential.

I mean even if you look at Martial and Origi this season, where Martial has received way more playing time, Origi has 3 goals 2 assists in 12 games and Martial has 6 goals 4 assists in 24 games (Martial has played almost 3x more minutes though). Exact same rate if we're going by 'per game', and Origi has played out wide as well.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:10 am

One thing that is really noticeable about Origi is that he likes to drop back and help with the build-up play and be involved a lot in the game. It might take away little bit from the scoring positions he gets into, but it also means the team as a whole will be able to create more chances. Two perfect examples of this are the 1st goal by Sturridge where Origi makes a nice play on the side to get the ball to Allen before the final pass, and then the backheel on to Moreno before his cross to Ibe. In fact he was also involved in the 2nd goal when he contested the header that fell to Can. Watching the vid you can see he was involved in every single Liverpool goal against Southampton. Incredible performance. All of his talents on display.

**Just to note, the first Origi goal doesn't seem like much of a touch, but without it that ball wasn't slipping under Steks.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:41 pm

I have to admit when we signed origi I thought he was not going to make it. but I think he has a bit about him. not a world beater but showing some good stuff. he was very good tonight v bvb. and klopp seems to like him and has we have seen klopp has a very good record of bringing young players on. lets hope klopp can pull one out the bag here with this lad.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:54 pm

I still don't see him becoming good enough to be our first-choice, but he's in a good moment right now, let's see where it goes.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next