futbol
DeviAngel
Mr Nick09
91 posters

Page 16 of 29 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 29  Next

Go down

Morata is finished - Page 16 Empty Re: Morata is finished

Post by guest7 Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:55 pm

Morata has real potential though, I think all Morata fanboys can agree that if Morata stops going down so easy he'd be ten times the striker he is today.

Mourinho is smart, he has that in mind when signing him imo.

guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:10 pm

ES wrote:Twitter saying United will get Morata AND Belotti

Is see this being this generation's Karim/Higgy scuffle

I mentioned it last night that some credible sources were saying both of them are among the 5 new recruits Mou wants

do you guys see them working together in a starting lineup?
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:16 pm

Definitely, i can see them even being Rooney-RVP level good if they hit it off, Morata is best with another striker anyways.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:55 pm

guest7 wrote:Morata has real potential though, I think all Morata fanboys can agree that if Morata stops going down so easy he'd be ten times the striker he is today.

That's right, because what will Mourinho will do to his striker is stop him going down so easily Laughing

Jesus Christ you're on a roll
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:00 pm

Hans rofl
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:23 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
guest7 wrote:Morata has real potential though, I think all Morata fanboys can agree that if Morata stops going down so easy he'd be ten times the striker he is today.

That's right, because what will Mourinho will do to his striker is stop him going down so easily Laughing

Jesus Christ you're on a roll

Excuse me? that's a stupid comment rofl

A good manager affects your playstyle. if Mou tells him to stop going down so easy, he is going to do it. plain and simple. i dont know why Zidane never told him to stop going down so easily, but it's not like Morata is a weak midget. He is stronger than he shows he is

manager is the one who decides how you play, thats football 101...
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:43 pm

@guest7, you really think a coach can tell his player "stop falling easily" and that's it? have you thought that it may be force of habit that said player can't shake off so easily? unless its something that's worked on with that player over a period of time? that's like saying a coach can tell a player stop doing step overs and the player automatically stops. players are not robots, a lot of their actions are force of habit

and you give managers too much credit in saying they "decide how a player plays"
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:48 pm

titosantill wrote:@guest7, you really think a coach can tell his player "stop falling easily" and that's it? have you thought that it may be force of habit that said player can't shake off so easily? unless its something that's worked on with that player over a period of time? that's like saying a coach can tell a player stop doing step overs and the player automatically stops. players are not robots, a lot of their actions are force of habit

and you give managers too much credit in saying they "decide how a player plays"

I disagree, if a player has a fault in his game, he TRAINS him until he learns better.

That's the managers primary job. But I understand you don't know since half of you lots don't even play football obviously. lmaoooo still can't believe someone said the manager doesnt decide how a player plays. what are tactics for? just a formation? lol
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:01 pm

A manager can tell a player how to play but it really is up to the said player to actually listen. It's easier to dictate how a team plays for a manager but on an individual level, it really boils down to the player.

The more talented and famous a player is, the less likely he is gonna change his style. Morata may stop going down easily under Mourinho but I highly doubt it since Di Maria was a diving champ under his watch and he did not bat an eye.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:46 pm

@guest7 if you've ever played football then you'll know getting a player to adjust or change his style is not the easiest thing to do. you can have all the tactics in the world, if player x always does 3 step overs when he gets the ball at the right side of the pitch, facing an upcoming defender its difficult to get him stop

this isn't some video game where the coach can control any and everything a player does. and doc is right, tactics mainly command a broader purpose. did cristiano ever change his free kick style when rafa benitez suggested changes?

sometimes a player can change certain things based on the manager's suggestion, but it isn't the easiest thing to do, which is part reason why players and managers fall out. if you've actually played you'll know what i mean. you're very used to dribbling to your left, you've done this for years. then some coach tells you "from now on dribble to your right". it doesn't work like magic
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:49 pm

for all you know zidane might have told him not to fall too easily, but if its force of habit its difficult to shake off. and two, zidane doesn't seem like the kind of manager who'll go to the press and tell them "i told morata to stop falling, he still does it, that's on him". other managers like to take all the credit and shift the blame. but i'm not surprised.....u did say at the start of the season this is the worst madrid side you ever saw
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:10 pm

Comparing Rafa to Zidane or any top manager for that matter rofl

Let's compare it to this: If a manager says stop passing long balls, you do it or risk a substitution? THIS IS TACTICS. You either follow (which happens 99% the times with a TOP manager) or risk a substitution, and in worst cases, a replacement.

Anyway this is a case of wait and see. I'm still a Mourinho believer so I believe Morata can improve under Mourinho if Mourinho wants him for real.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:15 pm

of course Morata will improve, he is going from a situation where he is not trusted to one where his coach will allow him to lead, to make mistakes and to get better. he will be a top 5 CF undoubtedly within the next 2-3 years.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:17 pm

I can't help but respect this level of hyping tbh.

Up there with when i said Demba Ba was better than George Weah because he scored a volley against Rio Ferdinand.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:27 pm

my argument is not about whether or not morata will improve. as mentioned he's moving to a place where he is trusted. its about this idea that a coach can just tell him not to fall down easily and that's it. a player doesn't fall down easily because they like it. its either they're trying to draw a foul or do not have stamina/a strong physical presence. it takes time to work on that....its not a simple case of "don't fall or be substituted", and any sensible manager would know that
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:14 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I can't help but respect this level of hyping tbh.

Up there with when i said Demba Ba was better than George Weah because he scored a volley against Rio Ferdinand.

You actually said that? I mean, I agree but I just need proof.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:31 pm

80 millions for Morata paid by Chelsea, deal is done

Biggest transfer out of Madrid ever

Chelsea are getting a top 10 CF so I am happy for them, Morata is truly a champions and will lead you to more EPL titles. I know he has a lot of haters out here but don't listen to them

I just want my Chelsea brothers to kiss the ring , I see you back there Kick, Blue Barrett, come over here Proud
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:47 pm

Morata isn't even a top 10 CF in the PL let alone the world Laughing

can't wait for him to put up dem single digits for the season

Chelsea Laughing
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:49 pm

Blue Barret don't let Fi diss our new star like that ffs

He is for sure better than Lukaku
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:50 pm

Excellent deal for everyone except Chelsea Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:51 pm

Far better than lukaku. Also proven in the CL. No wonder Mou wanted him instead of the Belgian but I guess United are too cheap to buy WC players nowadays. Ever since SAF left they have become a magnet for mediocre players. You can have Benz though Proud
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:55 pm

Don't really care who is better or who will prove to be the better signing for their respective clubs , but i believe Morata will be very good for Chelsea in any case.

Also impressive piece of business for Real .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:10 pm

So this is actually happening? Madrid really is gonna get 80 mil for Morata. Alvaro Morata. Essentially Morientes that can run a bit fast (trust me, the young man is deceptively fast).

Alright then. Well, Chelsea got themselves a good striker however Morata is really gonna have to step up. No Ronaldo to cover any shortage of goals and he ain't 21 at Jjuve anymore. Take some extra shooting practices, watch videos, start dabbling in black magic, anything that would get him to score more is very much needed.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:34 pm

Doc wrote:So this is actually happening? Madrid really is gonna get 80 mil for Morata. Alvaro Morata. Essentially Morientes that can run a bit fast (trust me, the young man is deceptively fast).

Alright then. Well, Chelsea got themselves a good striker however Morata is really gonna have to step up. No Ronaldo to cover any shortage of goals and he ain't 21 at Jjuve anymore. Take some extra shooting practices, watch videos, start dabbling in black magic, anything that would get him to score more is very much needed.

was thinking he kind of reminded me of Morientes last night (albeit faster as you say)

agreed with the rest as well , in any case i think he will do very well. Chelsea is a strong team with a coach who knows what he is doing. There's no way in hell he would just give the green light if he didn't think he would do well there .

I've seen Chelsea attack with numbers in games when they need to , Morata will not be out of his comfort zone at all , he will be an asset for Chelsea if they get him. Not that sure about counters but i never saw him struggle there either , i guess his hold up play and all that would be enough for him to remain usefull no matter what

I always thought of Morata as an altruist kind of player and that's quite a bonus for any team , especially if he gets to play with players like Hazard and co near him . I sincerely believe Chelsea chose very well , regardless of how Lukaku would have done . I think Hazard especially will enjoy playing with him
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:43 pm

If there's anyone who can turn a medioce talent like Morata into a great performer, it is Conte. I would have rather seen Morata at Utd tbh.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:45 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:80 millions for Morata paid by Chelsea, deal is done

Biggest transfer out of Madrid ever

Chelsea are getting a top 10 CF so I am happy for them, Morata is truly a champions and will lead you to more EPL titles. I know he has a lot of haters out here but don't listen to them

I just want my Chelsea brothers to kiss the ring , I see you back there Kick, Blue Barrett, come over here Proud

This coming from the guy who called him a scrub just a week ago. Nick has been on a campaign for past month to boost Morata and Danilo to obtain sufficient funds for Mbappe. While I agree with the moves (and tactics), Nick has been spreading more BS than Trump!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 29 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 29  Next