iftikhar
20 posters

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down

Rival Thread: 2014-15 - Page 3 Empty Re: Rival Thread: 2014-15

Post by Kick Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:16 am

Red Alert wrote:@Robbie9Fowler:
2014-08-18 19:47:52 UTC
Chelsea fans singing about liverpools stevie g again... You'd think he's the only player that's ever slipped

Rival Thread: 2014-15 - Page 3 LPJTPX2

:coffee:  rofl 

Difference is, we have since won the CL, you had yet to win the EPL.

Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:37 am

the day is not far away when once again Mourinho will get sacked because of dominance of BR's team in EPL and Abra goes begging to x-Liverpool-the great one, Rafa to take the Chelsea job once again :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:17 pm

Kick wrote:
Red Alert wrote:@Robbie9Fowler:
2014-08-18 19:47:52 UTC
Chelsea fans singing about liverpools stevie g again... You'd think he's the only player that's ever slipped

Rival Thread: 2014-15 - Page 3 LPJTPX2

:coffee:  rofl 

The difference is, you winning a CL afterwards, doesn't make up for you not winning a CL before. You could have had 2 CLs, but now you only have 1 thanks to captain Slippy.

It's like me saying, it's okay that we lost to AC Milan in 2007 final, because we beat them in 2005. that's retarded logic Very Happy

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:18 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:the day is not far away when once again Mourinho will get sacked because of dominance of BR's team in EPL and Abra goes begging to x-Liverpool-the great one, Rafa to take the Chelsea job once again :coffee:

Well, Terry nominated Rafa to take the ice bucket challenge. Proud

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:27 am

Kick wrote:

How is that relevant to anything at all? Terry has never won the CL. He may have dressed up and pretended he put in a performance worthy of being MOTM, but he's not actually won it.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:30 pm

Everton and Arsenal both dropping 2 points...would have preferred Everton win actually

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:48 pm

Yeah same, would've like if Everton could've held on but it's alright. Both dropping points isn't the worst thing in the world.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:14 pm

I like the best that they drew, can't really feel happy about an Everton win.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:19 pm

Don't understand if Everton were stupid or Arsenal were good  scratch  hmm .
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:36 pm

Arsenal did much better in the second half but Everton still conceded two very stupid goals that would never go in if it's still 0-0.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:20 am

Nishy wrote:ffs Arsenal
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:36 pm

Eto'o has joined Everton, kind of interesting to see how he does there after apparently being close to joining us.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:57 pm

Surprised they can afford his wages, to be quite honest.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:15 pm

Maybe he settled for a reasonable amount now that his options were starting to look few, I dunno.

Anyway, wanted to acknowledge it here, too, that MK Dons beat Manchester United four-frigging-nil in the League Cup Proud

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:14 am

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote: I can already see them drawing lots of games. I am really sick of hearing LVG's miracle making scums title contender Laughing I mean wtf is dat!!!

:fapfest:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:26 pm

Every rival except Chelsea drops points :bow: :bow:

What a weekend :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:34 pm

I don't know what to think of Everton, they've got only two points from three games, but on the other hand have scored 7 goals in 3 games.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:04 pm

Art Morte wrote:I don't know what to think of Everton, they've got only two points from three games, but on the other hand have scored 7 goals in 3 games.

I think they're suffering from their schedule. Arsenal and Chelsea in the first three weeks is a rough start, and while two points isn't the ideal from these three games (really should've been around 4), they can take solace in the fact that they've gotten some tough games out of the way. I don't think they're a rival for top 4 at this point, though.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:10 am

One thing I wanted to mention after watching this deadline day madness for the other clubs, is that regardless of how you feel of the quality of players we signed, I'm very impressed at our management's ability to identify and fill problem areas in the squad. Although there's some argument as to the quality of the players in each spot, we ticked every single box we had at the beginning of the offseason for positions needed (with the possible exception of a backup keeper - the least important of all the necessities).

Seeing Arsenal and ManU spend big yet fail to address their biggest problems just reminded me of how important it is to accurately identify thin parts of the squad and then do your utmost to fix them. We've seen in recent windows how frustrating it is to go into the season with a part of the squad already being the worry, and it's nice to be able to honestly say that I'm not worried about our depth anywhere on the pitch.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:27 am

stevieg8 wrote:One thing I wanted to mention after watching this deadline day madness for the other clubs, is that regardless of how you feel of the quality of players we signed, I'm very impressed at our management's ability to identify and fill problem areas in the squad. Although there's some argument as to the quality of the players in each spot, we ticked every single box we had at the beginning of the offseason for positions needed (with the possible exception of a backup keeper - the least important of all the necessities).

Seeing Arsenal and ManU spend big yet fail to address their biggest problems just reminded me of how important it is to accurately identify thin parts of the squad and then do your utmost to fix them. We've seen in recent windows how frustrating it is to go into the season with a part of the squad already being the worry, and it's nice to be able to honestly say that I'm not worried about our depth anywhere on the pitch.

It is interesting how, Liverpool, Chelsea and City all adressed this in similar ways, bought early and effectively for what they needed.

None were active on deadline day and all three now have the best and most complete squads while Utd and Arsenal needed extensions on the deadline to sign players yet they still have massive holes in their squads.

I would agree it's nice heading into the season feeling comfortable with your squad. It's also nice heading into deadline day knowing that your club doesn't need to make any signings.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:53 am

Kick wrote:
stevieg8 wrote:One thing I wanted to mention after watching this deadline day madness for the other clubs, is that regardless of how you feel of the quality of players we signed, I'm very impressed at our management's ability to identify and fill problem areas in the squad. Although there's some argument as to the quality of the players in each spot, we ticked every single box we had at the beginning of the offseason for positions needed (with the possible exception of a backup keeper - the least important of all the necessities).

It is interesting how, Liverpool, Chelsea and City all adressed this in similar ways, bought early and effectively for what they needed.

None were active on deadline day and all three now have the best and most complete squads while Utd and Arsenal needed extensions on the deadline to sign players yet they still have massive holes in their squads.

I would agree it's nice heading into the season feeling comfortable with your squad. It's also nice heading into deadline day knowing that your club doesn't need to make any signings.

Precisely my thoughts. I posted quite an extensive post in the GS on how I feel about each player, and I think it's clear from reading it that I have my doubts on a few of them. That being said, for the first time in a while, we can survive a flop or two (or an injury or two) and still have quality cover, which is the main reason I feel so good about this window. We filled holes, while other teams got more lopsided, and I think that's an important differentiation.

I think it'll be quite an ask to take down Chelsea and City this year, but I honestly believe we're closer to that conversation than the other. Time will tell, I guess.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:43 pm

I think it's pretty clear that the top 3 teams, right now, are Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester City. Right now, to me, Chelsea is the clear favourite with Liverpool and City to battle it out for 2nd and 3rd. 4th becomes a little more tricky because even though I thought Arsenal was going to be quite strong this year they aren't impressing me. Tottenham, Everton, Swansea (call me crazy, but they look good) and Manchester United I think could all fight for that 4th spot.

As far as United goes, as long as they aren't pulling off knee-jerk reactions to a single season, I could see them taking a Liverpool like trajectory after the signing of Rodgers. Mediocre first season and then a much better second season. I mean considering what they have to work with, if they're healthy...

Jones-Blind-Rojo
Rafael-----------Shaw
Herrera-Di Maria
Rooney
RVP - Falcao

Say what you will but it's a pretty strong line-up if they all buy into the system and can mesh.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:30 pm

They have better squad than we had last year so i can safely assume they'll make a good push for 4th regardless of how mediocre they keep on playing.

City and Chelsea for the top 2. Arsenal, Liverpool and United for the rest two CL places. That's from me. Spurs will fade away, Everton look clueless in defense surprisingly, Early season blues probs.

Ill go for

1st: Chelsea
2nd: City
3rd: Liverpool
4th: Arsenal
5th: United

IMO pls dont hate.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:51 pm

Personally think united will be the surprise packet for the top 4 in all honesty, they have a great attack now and it's all a matter of how they gel and what not. I wouldn't be under estimating them right now. They only have the BPL to focus on which should help them out.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:52 am

Falcao, Di Maria, Herrera, Blind, Rojo, Shaw.

That's six new outfield players that they've added to their last season's failing team, all probably starters, i.e. upgrades on what they had for those positions. Once they have everyone fit, it's nothing like their last season's XI. So, yeah, I'm definitely expecting them to improve, although I'm not expecting all of those six players to be hits. But even if just half of them are hits, that's already a big improvement on what they had.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:40 am

Kick wrote:

both of you, liked your posts :bow:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next