Glory
B-Mac
cyberman
18 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Ander Herrera Empty Ander Herrera

Post by cyberman Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:37 am

As i type this, Herrera is said to be a done deal with every news outlet in Spain confirming it, so what do we think of this midfield lineup?
im still hoping for Sweinstiger [sp] to make it a 3, but would this solve our midfield problems to the highest level or would we still lag behind our rivals?

Last edited by Kick on Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited the title as requested)

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Ander Herrera Empty Re: Ander Herrera

Post by B-Mac Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:01 am

Strootman won't be moving with his injury, not until january at least.

gimme Memphis Depay, Sanchez, Herrera, Shaw

anything else will be a bonus after last year/summer :facepalm:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:00 am

this deal actually make sense now. and I believe it to be true btw. as high as 80% cheers

Bilbao will be wary of the scenario of we not going for him after his buy out clause hike after June 30 from 25 to 31 M. And since his contract expires next summer, they wont want to risk him becoming a free agent. So its looking extremely positive this time. Ander Herrera to Manchester United for 25 M Very Happy Great start I would say to this. King Louis Proud

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:47 am

We are actually getting a CM

Ander Herrera Tumblr_mdnq597mCc1qe11l6o3_250
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:57 am

banana 

Last edited by Lumiere_Blanche on Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:00 am

Busby Babe wrote:We are actually getting a CM
lol yea Proud

BBC reported the news btw cheers

But its now saying the transfer fee is 29 m and not 25 hmm which will rise to 31 after this month.
I thought we are saving upto 6 m. Rolling Eyes but its 2 m. anyway.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:04 am

Since he's played under Bielsa, he should quickly adapt to whatever van Gaal wants him to do hmm

Man, Woodward actually did well to keep this one quiet Laughing

He's fee rises after 30th of June, so it should all be done and dusted before then
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by archwooohh Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:22 am

Just relieved the club is signing an actual CM.

All talks of Strootman will probably die down until next year, though. Such an unfortunate injury.
archwooohh
archwooohh
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:51 pm

Ander compared to the rest of the plebs Laughing

Ander Herrera Ander_10

created double the chances Carrick did in only a handful more appearances :bow:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:50 am

^A 40 year old Giggs gave the best midfield performance of the season, when we played vs Olympiakos. Those scrubs should be ashamed of themselves.

Now, we are close to signing a proper CM, under a better manager. This is going to improve our team a lot.

Ander Herrera wrote:
"In the return leg, Ferguson put a man on me - Park. Wow, that guy worked his arse off! I thank Ferguson for that. It meant he'd noticed me - a big honour."
Passed the Park test, something Pirlo struggled with  :whistle:
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:45 am

wtf. reports are coming now that Bilbao have rejected our offer. Mad

after letting him come here and even undergo the medical, they simply calls off the offer. ?? Shocked 

unbelievable developments to the transfer saga.
Bilbao is playing with us. I just cant believe this. Mad
we are hopeless.. get that cnet Woodwood out of here.

We may still land him. But probably now will have to pay some more money 32 m that is. Rolling Eyes

this club is worse than a noob when it comes to transfers. :facepalm:

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:04 am

^ It's not our fault at all. This is all Bilbao. They did the same thing to Javi Martinez and Bayern Munich.

If Bilbao refuse to receive the money, and there was no obligation for them to do so, the will of the paying club (Bayern Munich) and the player (Javi Martinez) counted for nothing. In order to force the deal to go through, Munich contacted the Financial Council in Bilbao to tell them that this offer was being refused. The Financial Council, who would benefit from this deal going through, pressured Athletic Bilbao in accepting the money by telling them that if they did not do so, they would be required to immediately pay all the debts they owed the Financial Council and would not receive anymore help from them in the future.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/athletic-bilbao-not-so-innocent-in-herrera-to-manchester-united-c

Also this:

Bilbao claimed earlier on Wednesday that Martinez, who can play either as a defensive midfielder or in the centre of defence, had left to discuss terms and undertake a medical in Munich without their permission.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11890/8031013/martinez-trip-not-sanctioned
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:07 am

I just can't believe that you're still making OFFERS to Bilbao.
you had one *bleep* year to let the fact sink in they don't negotiate, after finding out the hard way last august.
And already then YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWN.

Pay the clause already if you've persuaded the player to join you, what's so hard to understand?!?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:12 am

We have met the clause, they still rejected it.

United have met the release clause in Herrera's contract but Bilbao are thought to be reluctant to sanction the sale of a home-grown Basque player.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27993874

Read the stuff I posted, they did the same to you guys. Not everything is always our fault chill.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:27 am

But you don't give the fee to Atletic, the player deposits it at the Spanish FA.
I know what you have posted, with them trying to be clever by not 'accepting' the payment from the FA and then the buy-out can not proceed.
But they made a statement they rejected a bid.
The BBC article only makes sense if "meet the buyout fee" means offering the money equivalent of the fee to Atletic as a bid, then it is a sale.
Bilbao never 'sold' Martinez to us, Martinez bought himself out of the contract with our money and of course Herrera can do to (that's why the clauses have to be there in Spain), even if Bilbao try everything to make it hard as possible.
But you had ONE year to fiigure that out.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:44 am

You say one year but remember Moyes was dreaming about Fabregas, Kroos and co. He also didn't want to sanction the deal last year where we meet Herrera's clause we offered something like £24mil.

Now, we have LvG, he's willing to get the player for the required sum, so we haven't had a year to sort this it out, but a few months. On whether we've given the player the money to pay it, who knows, no one is saying exactly what has happened so this is all speculation now.

Btw, I read an article that says if we give the money the player to pay the fee the money counts as income and is liable to taxation of 44 per cent. Which is what we're probably trying to avoid if we haven't gone down that route yet. Btw, did Bayern end up paying the taxes for Javi Martinez?
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:57 am

Busby Babe wrote:You say one year but remember Moyes was dreaming about Fabregas, Kroos and co. He also didn't want to sanction the deal last year where we meet Herrera's clause we offered something like £24mil.

Now, we have LvG, he's willing to get the player for the required sum, so we haven't had a year to sort this it out, but a few months. On whether we've given the player the money to pay it, who knows, no one is saying exactly what has happened so this is all speculation now.

Btw, I read an article that says if we give the money the player to pay the fee the money counts as income and is liable to taxation of 44 per cent. Which is what we're probably trying to avoid if we haven't gone down that route yet. Btw, did Bayern end up paying the taxes for Javi Martinez?

Yes, the tax thing is tricky and contentious.
Of course I don't know the exact facts either, but I read that we proceeded in some kind of grey area.
That is we did it in a way our lawyers argued that the money gets deposited at the FA in Martinez' name but never actually becmes his income. lol.
A feast for lawyers.
So that way he/we didn't pay income taxes, simply because this is not settled by court and there are no clear precedent rulings, and it is that way unless it is challenged or something.
So it might be Martinez/we have to pay something later, or not. I also read that some payment might become required if Martinez moves back into the Spanish league or something. Very blurry the whole thing.
And I guess you could follow the same line of argumentation.
Apparently there are different interpretations also whether the player goes abroad or not etc.

But the main thing is Bilbao by principle make it as hard as possible, they do not sell, you can't just say "hey it's the same money here you go, just take the fees worth, let's cut out the legal nonsense and be reasonable".
So reading you made a 'bid' which was rejected is just deja vu.
But it's also a fact that there a legally required buyout clauses in Spanish contracts, so eventually they won't be able to stop him however hard they make it, IF you have enough time for the legal back and forth and the player has the nerve for the struggle with his club.
If they flat out refuse to acknowledge and receive the deposited fee surely there can be legal steps against that too, but of courses that again takes time.

Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:11 pm

confused drunken scratch 

okaaaayyyy..... so in the end we will land the player right ??

they it seems just want to push the fee to the max. So be it. Rolling Eyes They wont be wishing for an unhappy player in their team after all. And in this case he will be massively unhappy. bloody TWICE!! . Mad aaargh.

Poor Ander. He seems so so desperate to join us. Imagine his state of mind now. Crying or Very sad 

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:18 pm

there's another aspect about this which I didn't really think about before.

Because activating the buyout clause means you have to pay the whole sum at once.
No installments spread over different budget years etc., the way you probably usually like to do business.
Obviously Woodward is trying to avoid that with the bids but there just no getting around it if you want the player.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:20 pm

Lumiere_Blanche wrote:confused drunken scratch 

okaaaayyyy..... so in the end we will land the player right ??

they it seems just want to push the fee to the max. So be it. Rolling Eyes  They wont be wishing for an unhappy player in their team after all. And in this case he will be massively unhappy. bloody TWICE!! . Mad aaargh.

Poor Ander. He seems so so desperate to join us. Imagine his state of mind now. Crying or Very sad 

No that's not it. They want to stick to their principle that they don't sell.
And Herrera himself knows that better than anybody so surely he's prepared for the situation.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:26 pm

Google translated:

The LFP studies document the termination cláusla EUR 36 million he deposited Herrera on Monday.

The Professional Football League is holding on Monday the documents necessary to terminate its contract with the Athletic and signing for United, the team intends to present on Friday in Manchester.

The signing of Ander Herrera by United has encountered an unexpected obstacle. The player deposited on Monday the document in the League to begin the process of termination of his contract for 36 million euros and sign for United. That is the normal process for transfers that are resolved with the payment of the termination clause, the novelty here is that the LFP glitches found therein.

That is why the League is studying the document provided Herrera on Monday at the headquarters of the organization.

If LFP finally gives the nod to the termination, the Manchester United Ander Herrera will present on Friday in England.

While these problems are solved, Herrera, his father and his representative in Manchester close details move to Van Gaal set for four seasons at three million euros per year.

http://www.cadenaser.com/futbol/articulo/problemas-fichaje-ander-herrera/csrcsrpor/20140626csrcsrftb_1/Tes

I'm only speculating here, so I'm assuming we've made a bid (the buyout clause), as Hans said this can be rejected, which was confirmed by Athletic Bilbao only today. The thing we have to do next, is give the money to the player in which he gives the money to his club. This was done on Monday. Now, there has been a few errors in the paperwork, which LFP are looking at today, if they believe they've been corrected it will be announced tomorrow. Otherwise, until it is sorted out.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:36 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:there's another aspect about this which I didn't really think about before.

Because activating the buyout clause means you have to pay the whole sum at once.
No installments spread over different budget years etc., the way you probably usually like to do business.
Obviously Woodward is trying to avoid that with the bids but there just no getting around it if you want the player.

I think it's because giving the money to the player requires more paper work, lawyers and just takes so much longer to do, so a club might want to test the waters by trying to make a bid first.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:40 pm

Busby Babe wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:there's another aspect about this which I didn't really think about before.

I think it's because giving the money to the player requires more paper work, lawyers and just takes so much longer to do, so a club might want to test the waters by trying to make a bid first.

Yes absolutely, but 'testing the waters' is what you did last summer too.
It doesn't work and it will not work if Ed tries it a thousand times.
There's just no way of getting around this with Athletic, but this year you've got enough time to sort it out. Plus as you wrote, last year you were probably going about it half heartedly, it's not Dithering Dave for nothing after all, and half heartedly, or bargaining, it's impossible to get a player from Bilbao.
As long as the player wants to join you and you're prepared to pay the full clause it's just a matter of procedure, as you say. A procedure with stumble blocks nonetheless.

Last edited by Hapless_Hans on Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:46 pm

^Yeah, I agree. Definitely a matter of procedure now, not a 100% certain to happen of course, but is looking likely.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:55 pm

still 2 months to sort it out, and the most important thing to be in place is that the player explicitly wants to join you, which he seems.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next