lszanto
futbol
Curtinho
matpol
48 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Who will advance to the quarter-finals?

Last 16: Netherlands (1B) vs Mexico (2A) 29.06.14 18:00 - Page 7 Vote_lcap76%Last 16: Netherlands (1B) vs Mexico (2A) 29.06.14 18:00 - Page 7 Vote_rcap 76% 
[ 22 ]
Last 16: Netherlands (1B) vs Mexico (2A) 29.06.14 18:00 - Page 7 Vote_lcap24%Last 16: Netherlands (1B) vs Mexico (2A) 29.06.14 18:00 - Page 7 Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 29

Poll closed

Last 16: Netherlands (1B) vs Mexico (2A) 29.06.14 18:00 - Page 7 Empty Re: Last 16: Netherlands (1B) vs Mexico (2A) 29.06.14 18:00

Post by Forza Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:07 am

Robben is a great talent, but he is an impostor of a sportsman.

He cuts into the box at pace, waits for the defender to put the tackle in, gets slight contact, Robben's legs go up in the air, the back arches, he looks a mile ahead and lines up his hands in front of his eyes and executes a perfect forward 1 1/2 somersault pike dive. Splash! Straight into the swimming pool. Judges scores: 10, 10, and 10! Robben wins the mens diving Olympic Gold medal in Brazil two years early!

Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Last 16: Netherlands (1B) vs Mexico (2A) 29.06.14 18:00 - Page 7 Empty Re: Last 16: Netherlands (1B) vs Mexico (2A) 29.06.14 18:00

Post by Madvillain Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:18 am

I don't really want to go into a lot but I do want to say that the heat (38.9 Celsius) got to them. So to the guy asking why there were drinking stops, that's why. Mexico clearly wasn't as affected by this.

About Robben diving. There were three incidents in the box with Robben. First one was in the first half. That was clearly a penalty. The Mexico coach saying that Robben was diving in all three accounts makes himself look like a retard since Moreno walked (or should I say limped) away from that foul with a broken bone. Second situation was a dive. Robben even said so himself after the game. He said he shouldn't have done that and he apologized. Then the third one. It was exaggeration but there was light contact. It was open to the discretion of the ref. Seeing as there should've been given a penalty in the first half, I don't think it's really worth going on a tantrum saying it was a dive. Just deal with it.

Lastly, about that 'kick to the head' from Vlaar. A Mexico defender did the exact same thing on the other side against Van Persie. So whatever anyone is trying to say with bringing that up, just let it be. There's nothing there.

Really hope De Jong is back for the semi's if we get there. He is immensely important to this team.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Footyfan Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:25 am

Forza wrote:Robben is a great talent, but he is an impostor of a sportsman.

He cuts into the box at pace, waits for the defender to put the tackle in, gets slight contact, Robben's legs go up in the air, the back arches, he looks a mile ahead and lines up his hands in front of his eyes and executes a perfect forward 1 1/2 somersault pike dive. Splash! Straight into the swimming pool. Judges scores: 10, 10, and 10! Robben wins the mens diving Olympic Gold medal in Brazil two years early!

Yes. When he twice dived over lunges to shoot when he could have fallen and taken a PK, it showed your point.

This is why Goal gets so much stick for having d**b users making stupid comments

Footyfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Footyfan Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:29 am

Madvillain wrote:I don't really want to go into a lot but I do want to say that the heat (38.9 Celsius) got to them. So to the guy asking why there were drinking stops, that's why. Mexico clearly wasn't as affected by this.

About Robben diving. There were three incidents in the box with Robben. First one was in the first half. That was clearly a penalty. The Mexico coach saying that Robben was diving in all three accounts makes himself look like a retard since Moreno walked (or should I say limped) away from that foul with a broken bone. Second situation was a dive. Robben even said so himself after the game. He said he shouldn't have done that and he apologized. Then the third one. It was exaggeration but there was light contact. It was open to the discretion of the ref. Seeing as there should've been given a penalty in the first half, I don't think it's really worth going on a tantrum saying it was a dive. Just deal with it.

Lastly, about that 'kick to the head' from Vlaar. A Mexico defender did the exact same thing on the other side against Van Persie. So whatever anyone is trying to say with bringing that up, just let it be. There's nothing there.

Really hope De Jong is back for the semi's if we get there. He is immensely important to this team.

If you want to attack a reference, it has to be the truth not a lie. Robben referred to the 1st half where he dived which was neither of the 3 PK's claimed and said he was thrice fouled.

I have seen the replay in slow motion and HD and all 3 were legitimate PK's. He was well past both defenders when the last defenders tackled him from behind with a Wrestling Leg Sweep. Clear as day PK.

Vlaar's PK, I am not sure. He got the ball and the Mexico ST headed his boot from what I saw. It was probably dangerous but not sure if it's a PK. I am unsure about the rules.

But all 3 Robben Penalty Box fouls were genuine PK's

Footyfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:16 am

Sorry if I didn't fully hear every word correctly when listening to someone speak on a television in a crowded bar. Cool it down with the liar calling brah. I've listened to it again and he says "in de eerste helft daarvoor" which I didn't pick up the first time I heard the interview. I'm going to have to rewatch the first half as I don't remember him diving at all before the Moreno tackle. Maybe I was out taking a piss when that happened.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:39 am

Footyfan wrote:

Yes. When he twice dived over lunges to shoot when he could have fallen and taken a PK, it showed your point.

This is why Goal gets so much stick for having d**b users making stupid comments

Firstly, your comment is so incoherent it doesn't warrant a response. Nevertheless, I get the gist of what you are saying. That is (and correct me if I am mistaken) you disagree with my opinion. Noted.

You will soon notice, if you haven't already, that on this forum an excellent explanation of the grounds upon which you disagree is what will earn the respect of others, not childish name calling -- which is ironically the sort of stuff commonly found on goal.com articles.

Back on point, I shall restate my opinion so as to give you another chance to respond: Robben enters into the box always looking for the penalty, he goes down far too easily when he receives slight contact and this constitutes unsportsmanlike conduct.

If you have something constructive to add this discussion, by all means, feel free to contribute in an intelligent way.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Footyfan Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:29 am

Forza wrote:
Footyfan wrote:

Firstly, your comment is so incoherent it doesn't warrant a response. Nevertheless, I get the gist of what you are saying. That is (and correct me if I am mistaken) you disagree with my opinion. Noted.

You will soon notice, if you haven't already, that on this forum an excellent explanation of the grounds upon which you disagree is what will earn the respect of others, not childish name calling -- which is ironically the sort of stuff commonly found on goal.com articles.

Back on point, I shall restate my opinion so as to give you another chance to respond: Robben enters into the box always looking for the penalty, he goes down far too easily when he receives slight contact and this constitutes unsportsmanlike conduct.

If you have something constructive to add this discussion, by all means, feel free to contribute in an intelligent way.

Did you expect a dignified response to that stupid comment. I liked your latest response which although has no factual basis and far from the truth, actually is put beautifully to mine which although logical was somewhat of a rant. Well played.

You're reaction would have been justified had be not been hacked mercilessly in the 1st half when the tackle injured the tackler. A Double illegitimate tackle inside the PK, a wrestling Russian Leg Sweep move in the 2nd half, both legitimate PK denied.

And after that when the Mexican defender slid into a flying tackle nowhere near the ball, Robben had the chance to take the hit and go down. But he jumped over and went on.

The PK last one was a clear foul anyways.

Footyfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Footyfan Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:31 am

Madvillain wrote:Sorry if I didn't fully hear every word correctly when listening to someone speak on a television in a crowded bar. Cool it down with the liar calling brah. I've listened to it again and he says "in de eerste helft daarvoor" which I didn't pick up the first time I heard the interview. I'm going to have to rewatch the first half as I don't remember him diving at all before the Moreno tackle. Maybe I was out taking a piss when that happened.

I'm freaking tired of Mexican fans storming every forum with their conspiracy theories when Oranje were given 2 Bad PK's and denied many others including 2 more in the last match. And Neutrals are having fun regarding it.

Footyfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:49 am

Footyfan wrote:I'm freaking tired of Mexican fans storming every forum with their conspiracy theories when Oranje were given 2 Bad PK's and denied many others including 2 more in the last match. And Neutrals are having fun regarding it.

I don't give a flying *bleep* whether you get tired from reading that. You can reply in a normal fashion. Moreover, you can clearly see I don't fall under the 'Mexican fans' or 'neutrals' category. So why you are directing that anger towards me is unclear to me.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:01 pm

Footyfan wrote:
Forza wrote:
Footyfan wrote:

Did you expect a dignified response to that stupid comment. I liked your latest response which although has no factual basis and far from the truth, actually is put beautifully to mine which although logical was somewhat of a rant. Well played.

You're reaction would have been justified had be not been hacked mercilessly in the 1st half when the tackle injured the tackler. A Double illegitimate tackle inside the PK, a wrestling Russian Leg Sweep move in the 2nd half, both legitimate PK denied.

And after that when the Mexican defender slid into a flying tackle nowhere near the ball, Robben had the chance to take the hit and go down. But he jumped over and went on.

The PK last one was a clear foul anyways.
I always expect a dignified response. My analogy to Olympic diving is was hardly the most provocative of comments and no matter how comically phrased, there is no rule against using humour to demonstrate a valid point.

Here is the real problem. I have my opinion, you have yours. There is a question of fact to be disputed here. If you start claiming you have 'the facts' and nobody else's version of facts is correct, the discussion becomes impossible.

I think that in that game Robben was desperately looking for a penalty on each occasion after the Dutch went behind. Having reviewed the game again, I can't see any evidence of Robben being 'mercilessly hacked' beyond the normal sort of tackling that occurs in every other game. It doesn't help that Robben has a reputation as a diver. I think he's sort of like the boy who cried wolf in that regard - not many people believe (or respect) a player who goes down as softly as he does. Even when the decision is justified nobody will believe him. I thought going down on soft contact was a very disappointing way to end the game.

I understand that you disagree, and that is fine, but next time you can disagree with some etiquette.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:17 pm

Spoiler:
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:28 pm

Didnt watch the full match, but I seen enough to feel WTF was Mexico doing with the suicidal strategy after going ahead? Another classic example of a team should not just hold on to a 1 slim goal lead and just defend and invite the opposition.

I just dont understand the choose, its ridiculous. The only thing I can think of is they feared Dutch counters if they continued playing normal?

But the game completely changed soon after they went ahead. They seem happy and think they can hold out the Dutch. Clearly not though cos they conceded so many chances. And Dos Santos being subbed was just wtf also and tiredness is not an excuse.

Anyway, credit to the Dutch they really came back and under that heat its a top performance they put in. Mexico has respect from many but their own negative strategy after going ahead killed themselves.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:33 pm

I think it's worth noting that Mexico was probably tired. They came out hard and were tired the later the game wore on. It seems like the Dutch try to conserve their energy for the end of the game in each of their encounters so far. If you watch all of their games they seem to be able to press and attack much more than the teams that they've been facing as the game comes to a close. Intentional? Hard to say, but it's starting to look that way.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:54 pm

Overall happy with our performance in this world cup. I expected us to get past the group stage, but i did not think we would be playing this well. Hurts going out when we were so close, but in the end this loss is on us. We could have gone for the second then the third like against Croatia, especially considering how weak the dutch defense looked. In the end though I think Herrera was scared of the dutch counters, so he decided to sit back. Still we played well and we left a good impression of our football. That's a lot more than what we usually do.

See u plebs in Russia Molenation
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:09 pm

Footyfan wrote:
Madvillain wrote:Sorry if I didn't fully hear every word correctly when listening to someone speak on a television in a crowded bar. Cool it down with the liar calling brah. I've listened to it again and he says "in de eerste helft daarvoor" which I didn't pick up the first time I heard the interview. I'm going to have to rewatch the first half as I don't remember him diving at all before the Moreno tackle. Maybe I was out taking a piss when that happened.

I'm freaking tired of Mexican fans storming every forum with their conspiracy theories when Oranje were given 2 Bad PK's and denied many others including 2 more in the last match. And Neutrals are having fun regarding it.

I'm mexican and agree it was a clear PK for Robben. We were close but the superior team won, and our manger made some crucial mistakes. Hats off to the dutch, they deserved it.

So don't class all "Mexican fans" together by some random comments you see online
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:14 pm

windkick, respect your class. Your team's coach could do well to learn from you.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:47 pm

That GOT thing rofl rofl rofl
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:16 am

El Cujo wrote:I think it's worth noting that Mexico was probably tired. They came out hard and were tired the later the game wore on. It seems like the Dutch try to conserve their energy for the end of the game in each of their encounters so far. If you watch all of their games they seem to be able to press and attack much more than the teams that they've been facing as the game comes to a close. Intentional? Hard to say, but it's starting to look that way.

Good observation.... could be right, even teams like Brazil and Chile look tired in patches and towards the end.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7