Robespierre
Arquitecto
M99
EL Patron
RealGunner
78 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Managerial Transfer Rumours and News Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Managerial Transfer Rumours and News Thread

Post by M99 Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:52 pm

Manchester United interim manager Ryan Giggs insists Saturday's game against Norwich will represent the proudest moment of his illustrious career.

The 40-year-old, who has enjoyed a glittering playing career at Old Trafford that has spanned three decades, is set to take charge of the team for the first time at the weekend following the sacking of David Moyes earlier this week.

Giggs will take control of first team affairs until the end of the season and revealed at his first press conference that he has sought the advice of Sir Alex Ferguson, the manager under whom he has played for the overwhelming majority of his career.

He said: "I have got to say it is the proudest moment of my life. I have supported Manchester United all my life, I have been a part of the club since I was 13. I am proud, I am happy, a little nervous and, just like playing, can't wait for the game on Saturday.

"When Ed [Woodward] asked me to look after the team for the remaining four games, I had no hesitation in saying yes.

"I can't wait for five thirty tomorrow when we walk out at Old Trafford. I know the place will be rocking."

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official Managerial Transfer Rumours and News Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Managerial Transfer Rumours and News Thread

Post by rwo power Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:56 pm

iftikhar wrote:
rwo power wrote:Roger Schmidt will become new coach of Bayer Leverkusen from July 2014 on. He got a 2-year contract.
 No 
Well, Sascha Lewandowski made clear from the start that he didn't want to continue as first team coach as he prefers to return to the youth team next season.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:12 pm

Man Yoo briefing the english press that they want Carlo is quite funny, but cant blame them. he knows how to win and he is the nicest of guy
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:20 pm

Monaco to tempt Wenger with £13m offer [The Times]
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:08 pm

FFF will offer him more to manage France for Euro16 while PSG will offer more than both to manage them.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:44 pm

M99 wrote:

Tottenham to approach Moyes

Tottenham will approach former Manchester United and Everton manager David Moyes this summer with a view to bringing the Scot in to replace Tim Sherwood.

Source: Evening Standard

If this actually happens I will literally put the contract out on Levy's life myself and you are all now implicit on the conspiracy :coffee:
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:48 pm

Motogp69 wrote:
Natalie Portman wrote:^ that's why LVG at Man Utd will be hilarious. With Charlton, and Ferguson at the board and Woodward directions, Van Gaal will have a problem every other week. Same if he goes to Spurs with Levy. Win-win . Can Gaal can't be a coach, he simply has to manage the entire organization which is not possible for neither Spurs not Man U

I think LVG would give Spurs a manager they need, however I am more of the mind that things would end very badly and in a very public way. I still prefer Frank de Boer as our next manager, but knowing Levy that is just not a big enough name :facepalm:Not really sure how I feel about Allegri as our potential manager because I think he has the talent, but I don't think he is "consistently" tactically astute enough in his game plans.

However, if Baldini is in fact staying on with the club I would consider it almost certain our manager will be Allegri if we fail to land LVG.

Spot on about Allegri. There is no doubting his talent and even leadership that he brings to bind the lockerroom and improve players yet within his tactics he lacks the conviction within them on a consistebt basis to evolve upon them. He will build a promising blueprint and scrap it the next week/month for a semantic of pragmatism to which will not even suit the players. Stark differences in how his Cagliari played and Milan as once he established consistency and conviction within this tactical outlook, only then he will master the ideas not fulfilled and a degree of consistency.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:30 am

Arsene Wenger insists he has given Arsenal his word he will stay at the club next season.

The Frenchman has yet to sign a two-year contract extension at the Emirates Stadium that has been agreed since October.

Speaking to beIN Sport, Wenger confirmed he wanted to stay in north London saying: "Look, I have said that many times already, I have given my word to this club and that I want to continue where I am."

When then asked to clarify exactly what he meant, he added: “That means to stay.”
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:31 am

Former Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson believes interim boss Ryan Giggs deserves to be given the job at Old Trafford permanently.

The Welshman is not believed to be in the running to fill the vacancy on a permanent basis, with Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti and Netherlands manager Louis van Gaal believed to be the preferred candidates.

But Ferguson believes Giggs has all the attributes to become United's full-time manager.

"I think that he [Giggs] is the one man they should go to, really," Ferguson was quoted as saying at a fundraising dinner in Manchester this week.

"He's got 20-odd years of experience at Manchester United. I signed him as a kid at 13 years of age. He's gone through the gamut of emotions at the club – he's experienced all the highs and lows.

"He knows exactly what's needed to be a Manchester United player and I was so pleased he brought Paul Scholes back in [to his staff], and Nicky Butt of course – two great professionals.

"They understand the club, they are hard workers, they are straight as a die. So you have got the right combinations there, there's no doubt about that."

Ferguson also insists good succession planning is still possible at United despite the failure of Moyes to live up to his predecessor's phenomenal level of success.

"One of the things we have been criticised about over the years is succession planning," he admitted.

"It's a very difficult industry to say you can have succession planning, but in the case of what we were doing in the last few years, with bringing Nicky Butt into the fold, Ryan into the fold, Paul Scholes into the fold, and Gary Neville was offered a position but he decided to go into television.

"He [Neville] could easily come back."
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:33 am

Manchester United have moved to distance themselves from rumours emanating from the Netherlands that Louis van Gaal has been appointed the club's new manager.

The current Netherlands boss has been heavily linked with succeeding David Moyes at Old Trafford, with Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf reporting on Saturday that a deal has already been agreed.

Ryan Giggs has been handed the reins for the final four games of the season, and although former boss Sir Alex Ferguson backs him for the permanent job, Van Gaal remains the hot favourite.

However, a spokesman for United denied the reports, stating: "There is nothing to report. We have not signed a new manager. When we have something to announce, we will announce it."
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:34 am

Van Gaal will become next Man Utd manager

According to reports in the Netherlands, Louis van Gaal has agreed terms with Manchester United to take over the managerial hotseat after the World Cup

Source: De Telegraaf

Monaco to tempt Wenger with massive contract

Monaco are preparing a massive deal in the hope of tempting Arsene Wenger from Arsenal at the end of the season. The French side will pay the Gunners boss €15 million a year after tax.

Source: Daily Mail
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:15 pm

Brendan Rodgers says he is "sure" he will sign a new contract with Liverpool at the end of the season.

"There is nothing really until the end of the season, but there is no doubt that at some point we will agree another deal," the 41-year-old said. "I am sure of that."
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:12 pm

Monaco interested in Atletico Madrid manager Diego Simeone and their sporting director, according to Sky Italia.

However both want to stay at Atletico Madrid for at least another season.

Manchester City also interested in Simeone, even though Pellegrini has done well this season.

Manchester United closing in on van Gaal, according to Sky Italia. They also made enquiries for Ancelotti and Mourinho.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:31 pm

Monaco also interested in van Gaal, according to Le 10 Sport.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:56 pm

Wayne Rooney believes Ryan Giggs has "all the credentials" to become Manchester United's next permanent manager.

Following David Moyes' sacking on Tuesday, the 40-year-old has been placed in temporary charge at Old Trafford until the end of the season and guided United a commanding 4-0 victory over Norwich City on Saturday.

"It was a bit strange [playing under Giggs]," Rooney told Sky Sports.

"I've played with him for the last 10 years but we all know Giggs is a really experienced player and has been part of the coaching staff for the last season.

"He's built to be a manager. Us as a team, we can see that. We can see by the way he's handled himself since he's took over. It was fantastic to get out there and get the win for him.

"That's down the board. I think Giggsy's got all the credentials to be the next boss but that's down to the board, that's down to Giggsy. Who knows?"

Rooney opened the scoring against Norwich from the penalty spot after 41 minutes and doubled United's lead shortly after the break. Juan Mata, who started on the bench, also struck twice and the Spaniard is happy to be working under Giggs.

"For me it's a pleasure to play under his management," said Mata.

"When I was a kid, I remember him playing. He's a proper Man United boy. He was born almost in here and I think for all the players it's a pleasure to be with him in the training ground and every game.

"But it's not down to us, the decision. We have to now enjoy with him until the end of the season."
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:39 am

West Brom eye Sherwood

Tim Sherwood is being considered by West Brom as a potential replacement for Pepe Mel.

Source: Sunday Mirror

Pochettino tops Tottenham's shortlist

Southampton’s Mauricio Pochettino a leading contender to become Tottenham’s next manager.

Van Gaal wants Giggs as his assistant

Louis van Gaal is set to become Manchester United’s next manager and will appoint Ryan Giggs as his assistant.

Moyes in demand

David Moyes has already been targeted by several clubs, including sides from the Bundesliga, following his departure from Manchester United.

Source: Daily Express
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:40 am

rwo power wrote:
iftikhar wrote:
rwo power wrote:Roger Schmidt will become new coach of Bayer Leverkusen from July 2014 on. He got a 2-year contract.
 No 
Well, Sascha Lewandowski made clear from the start that he didn't want to continue as first team coach as he prefers to return to the youth team next season.

from mediocrity to obscurity, yey  :brickwall: .
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:45 am

What are you on about, iftikhar? Schmidt is the best manager Bayer have got since Heynckes. Very ambitious move.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:58 am

Claudio Ranieri has brushed off stories that Zinedine Zidane may replace him at Monaco, claiming he will stay at the Ligue 1 outfit.

"You journalists love your many rumours!" he joked at a press conference after being asked about Zidane.

"This is a good position to take because Monaco is a great club. But no one will replace Ranieri! Ranieri will continue."
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:00 am

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho could have become Liverpool boss in the early 2000s, according to Brendan Rodgers.

Mourinho, whose Blues side face the Premier League leaders at Anfield on Sunday, has always enjoyed a strong rivalry with the Merseyside club.

Rodgers worked under the Portuguese during his first stint at Chelsea in 2004-07 and the Northern Irishman believes that, despite Mourinho's mind games, he has the utmost respect for Liverpool.

"There is no doubt that there was a period back in the early 2000s that this club was a possibility for him," the Reds boss told reporters.

"Maybe resources were different and he had a better opportunity to go elsewhere but, make no mistake, he knows the size and prestige of Liverpool.

"There has been a history there, what with the rivalry and it was a great rivalry between the clubs, but beneath it all he knows the power of Liverpool for sure."

Mourinho was reportedly close to taking over at Anfield in 2004, when Gerard Houllier was being replaced, while Rodgers says that his old colleague urged him to take the job at Liverpool when it became available in 2012.

"He told me to take the job and what a great club Liverpool was. I had spoken to him about it, he encouraged me about the sheer scale of the club," Rodgers explained.

"I was talking to him about a choice I maybe had but he knows the size of this club. I understand full well the Liverpool-Chelsea rivalry and in that period maybe it was the managers and that was the rivalry.

"But for me there is no drama, no issue with him. The advantage I have is I know Jose behind the manager, a man who is humble, respectful, has real good values and ethics, but he is a winner and he wants to win.

"And I know even if we are considered a rival that, if they didn't win the league, he would want Liverpool to win it."
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:00 am

Patrick Kluivert believes Louis van Gaal “would be the first pick of any club” as the 62-year-old closes in on becoming Manchester United's next permanent manager.

The Dutchman has agreed a deal with United and is expected to take charge at Old Trafford after his World Cup campaign with Netherlands ends this summer.

"He would be absolutely the first pick of any club, especially top teams everywhere in the world,” Kluivert told talkSPORT.

"He likes to let young players make their debut if they are ready for it.

“The most important thing at the moment is I'm personally enjoying working with him and with the Dutch national team. We're going to the World Cup and hope to do well. After that we’ll see what happens.”

Kluivert, who is Van Gaal’s assistant with Netherlands’ national team, admits he would welcome the chance to follow the Dutchman to Old Trafford.

"Sure, I would be pleasantly surprised if Louis van Gaal asked me. I would [do the job] wherever in the world because I love working with him,” said the 37-year-old.

“It doesn't matter what club it will be if he asks me to join him, I would be absolutely honoured to be on his side.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:33 pm

M99 wrote:David Moyes has already been targeted by several clubs, including sides from the Bundesliga, following his departure from Manchester United.
English media really seem to hate on Moyes if they want to offload him to the Bundesliga Laughing
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:13 pm

Paolo Maldini has “often” been in talks with PSG and “we’ll discuss it again in future, but at this moment they don’t need me.”

The Milan and Italy legend spoke to Bein Sport about his reported job offer in the Paris Saint-Germain hierarchy, effectively as a replacement for Leonardo.

“The PSG President has often invited me to the stadium to watch their Champions League and Ligue 1 games.

“We did talk about this thing, but at this moment I say PSG don’t need a profile like mine as director of sport. The club is already well-structured.

“In any case, we have a friendly rapport and will discuss it again in future.”

It’s rumoured Maldini is waiting to accept the PSG role, as he’d prefer if Milan offered him the job as director of sport instead.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:18 pm

Marcelo Bielsa accepts 2 year deal to become Marseille manager, according to Marca.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:25 pm

Wonder how he is going to work with an extremely average squad.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:45 pm

How he always has.... by making them work extremely hard.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next