Nishankly
Art Morte
18 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Norwich v Liverpool - Page 4 Empty Re: Norwich v Liverpool

Post by Red Alert Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:36 pm

McAgger wrote:
Red Alert wrote:Borini. :proud:Sterling. :proud:We're going to win the league.

McAgger wrote:

it was only by one person in our section. Laughing 

And rightfully so. We had won ONE FROM NINE ffs.

Kind of impossible when we had 2 away wins in the first 6 matches.

We had 1 win in 9 games in all competitions at one stage.

But please, tell me how Sterling isn't good enough to be playing for a team that's aspiring for a top 4 push and how Henderson on the right side is much more benefitial.  Embarassed 

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:38 pm

BusterLfc wrote:I don't know why Mignolet tried to catch that ball when Skrtel and Sakho were pretty balanced in the air up to that moment, cleaning all the crosses. Mignolet really has hard time with crosses.

I hope Sturridge is back for Chelsea game so Coutinho can go back to his role and we can bench Lucas until he sorts out his shit.

It's Lucas' first game back in a while.

He has to adjust to the tempo and drive of this new team. He wasn't that bad, but he wasn't great either.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:03 am

Proud

Norwich v Liverpool - Page 4 BlsurBACMAEFNJm
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:23 am

Fantastic win this.

It's business end of the season, all that matters is the results, and there are no worse fixtures than going away to shitholes like Carrow Road playing teams fighting for their lives. Keown and Murphy nailed it saying Norwich started playing when pressure was off them. It's difficult when opposition tackles you every time you have the ball (Sniffgrass should have been off) . Also, against side who press us, we usually always release early to Sturridge, and that's what we really missed today. I think with Sturridge on the field, we win this game a lot more easily.

Having seen both City and Chelsea crumble against relegation battling sides in the past few days, it just makes this win a hell lot more impressive. When you win 11 on the spot, not all of them are going to be bullrings.

Interesting is, every time we narrowly beat a shit side, there is this sense among opposition that "O, now they'll be found out next week playing a decent opponent", and then we go on and hammer that so called decent opponent. Remember the stick we got after beating Sunderland 2-1 ? OO LOOK, LIVERPOOL ARE SHOWING SIGNS OF CRUMBLING UNDER PRESSURE !! . Came and screwed Spurs senselessly 4 days after. Or the worries after 4-3 win over Swansea at Anfield.

I also share that sentiment that Johnson was our worst player, followed by underwhelming performances by Sakho and Lucas. I think having Sturridge back next week will be a massive boost, as even if he is out of sorts, his movement and pace creates a lot of space for Suarez and Sterling and Coutinho to operate in.

Hope Pepe Mel can knock off this disrespectful nick name of "Pepe Melegation" and gets a result tomorrow. Great display by Norwich btw, I think they have 1 big result in them, but don't think even 35 points will be enough to save them from relegation.

To think, next week this time....we can be THE OFFICIAL MATHEMATICAL CHAMPIONS. Proud

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:17 am

Art Morte wrote:Lucas was worse than Johnson yesterday. Lucas's immobility made it difficult for Johnson to play forward effectively. I cannot understand how Lucas played like that, I thought he was smarter than this.

When Coutinho, Henderson or Sterling or even Allen come receive a pass from our back four or Gerrard, they come in with some speed, which creates them enough space so that they have time to turn around with the ball and look to pass it forward or run with it. They look to put the opposition on the back foot, as they should when playing those advanced midfield roles.

Lucas yesterday did none of the sort. When he was making himself available for that first pass out of defence, he was always just casually jogging towards the ball, so that he always had a Norwich player right behind him. So he played a first time pass straight back to defence or at best sideways. This slowed us down and invited a lot of pressure on us, which resulted in us having trouble getting out of our half and gave Norwich the chance to have much more control of the game than what they're really good for.

Lucas played that higher CM position like he would play in his more familiar DM position and that's what damaged our game the most. He looked like he wasn't even trying to be a link between defence and attack. There was zero urgency, no sprinting runs to empty spaces in midfield (I don't remember once seeing him run full speed, can you play that CM role like that? Negative.), no attempts to take the game to Norwich. Yes, he worked hard when we didn't have possession, but I just couldn't believe how poorly he played that CM role when we had the possession. It also made it difficult for the full-back in his flank, Johnson, when the closest CM to him was offering so little in terms of going forward and was inviting so much pressure on us with his slow play. That's why, in my opinion, Lucas was our worst player. Just lacked understanding and effort to play his role right.

As for Flanagan, a pretty good performance.
agree with this. Lucas could not realise what to do in his role, he made some senseless runs in the box. Johnson played badly but he looked even worse because Lucas was not easily available to pass and Norwich were running like crazy so he was always under pressure.

If Sturridge returns in the starting line up, we have to get Coutinho in the CM role and SASAS in the front. Most likely we will play the diamond with Gerrard, Allen and Coutihno in CM role and Sterling at the tip. We need Sturridge for this game, I think he will score a goal against his former team and he will have a good game since he was rested for the last game, which he needed badly. If Studge is not fit, I wont mind at all playing Moses or someone else but no Lucas pls.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:39 pm

I forgot to post gifs for this match Razz so here you go

Norwich v Liverpool - Page 4 14014499614_b7d7c21b37_o

Norwich v Liverpool - Page 4 14014221575_0970885cd9_o

Norwich v Liverpool - Page 4 14034277593_e3dc19cfa6_o

additional