Motogp69
McLewis
RedOranje
18 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Comics  Empty Comics

Post by RedOranje Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:32 am

Since going by the Movie thread there seem to be a few comic fans on here I figured we could use a thread to discuss them. This thread will be fairly open to anything related to comic books and the characters featured within, including but not limited to movies, comics, cartoon, and what not.

To start things off, what do you think of DC's Justice League: Doom. While I find that there's quite a bit that's quite good about it (voice acting, the action, some of the characters themselves, and the source material) there are a few things about the story that just really cause issues for me... they screwed a few things up with their adaptation, particularly in their attempts to account for Hal (Fillion as Jordan's voice is goat, btw) rather than Kyle and how he's taken down.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Comics  Empty Re: Comics

Post by McLewis Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:00 am

Well I've fallen off the wagon in terms of comics over the past year. Still haven't read nothing, but a few of the new DC 52 series and almost no new material in the Marvel universe.

I honestly don't know where to start on the Marvel side...it's ridiculously wide open in terms of different directions to go in. Just haven't settled on where I want to go.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:22 am

I enjoyed it overall, but here are some of the differences between the comic book version ("Tower of Babel) and the movie:

1. Vandal Savage is the main antagonist in the film, while Ra's Al Ghul was the main antagonist in the comic.
2. The records of the Justice League are stolen from the Batcomputer by Mirror Master (on Vandal Savage's behalf) instead of Talia al Ghul (on Ra's al Ghul's behalf).
3. Plastic Man and Aquaman were not featured.
4. Barry Allen was in Wally West's place.
5. Hal Jordan was in Kyle Rayner's place.
6. Cyborg was added for the film and was not part of the original storyline.
7. There are also differences in the methods used to take out each member of the Justice League: (i) Martian Manhunter was poisoned to make his skin excrete magnesium in the film. In the comic, his skin was coated with nanites which turned his skin into magnesium; (ii) in the film, Wonder Woman was also poisoned with nanites that caused her to see everyone as Cheetah. In the comic, a nanite is injected into her ear, putting her in a virtual reality battle with an evenly matched opponent; (iii) an explosive bracelet is put on Flash in the film. In the comic, he was shot with a special "vibra-bullet" that caused him to experience seizures at light speed, making 22 minutes feel like months of pain; (iv) a Kryptonite bullet was used to defeat Superman in the movie. In the comic, he was exposed to a special type of red Kryptonite that made his skin transparent, causing him to experience a power overload from absorbing too much radiation from the Earth's sun; and (v) Green Lantern in the film was made to doubt the powers of his ring and making it look like he failed to save some people which were actually androids after being exposed to the Scarecrow's fear gas. In the comics he became blind due to a post-hypnotic suggestion that was placed into him while sleeping that makes him believe he is blind so the ring would cause that to happen.

When it came to deciding if Batman should remain a member of the Justice League, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Plastic Man decided against it while Flash, Green Lantern, and Martian Manhunter vote to let Batman stay, leaving Superman to make the deciding vote. Batman states that he knows what Superman's vote is and leaves. In the film, there was no mention of who voted upon the judgement of Batman, as Batman resigns before the League can vote.

McLewis wrote:Well I've fallen off the wagon in terms of comics over the past year. Still haven't read nothing, but a few of the new DC 52 series and almost no new material in the Marvel universe.

I honestly don't know where to start on the Marvel side...it's ridiculously wide open in terms of different directions to go in. Just haven't settled on where I want to go.

Download Comixology and wait for the free comic event. They usually let you download all the new number 1's but they only do it once or twice a year.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:37 pm

Yea, I know the changes that were made, and I don't have a problem with them just because they were made. I just think some of them did detract from the story overall.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:35 am

Since Nova is supposedly going to appear in GotG, I hope we can all agree that it needs to be Rich Rider and not Sam Alexander. Also, Cosmo definitely should make an appearance on Knowhere.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:52 am

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:04 pm

Heh, they're releasing trailers for trailers now.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:44 pm

Why did they cast Batista :facepalm:

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:07 pm

Jason Momoa was up for the role, don't know anything about the comics, but he is certainly a better actor than Batista. Will still wait to judge his performance until I have watched the movie.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:08 pm

Yeah, I was really hoping they would've gone with Momoa. I really liked him as Khal Drogo/Ronan Dex and I thought that would have been a pretty good rendering of Drax the Destroyer.

This move is going to be so unreal and awesome I'll restrict my judgment till I see the movie about the casting choices. Oh, and I have an idea this guy will GOAT the whole thing:

Comics  77QZCRA
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:26 am

Full trailer.

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:16 am

On a second thought, Batista might not talk much so maybe he will get away
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:40 am

Batista will be fine. All he needs to do is shout and destroy shit which he can do pretty convincingly.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:49 pm

A few things:

first some gif GOATNESS -
Spoiler:

Second, I think I am in love with the director James Gunn. Here are his thoughts on the trailer:
Spoiler:

He is definitely one of us :bow:
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:45 am

Miles Teller, Kate Mara, Jamie Bell, and Michael B. Jordan have been revealed as the 'Fantastic Four'.

http://imdb.to/OcB2vZ

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2014/02/fantastic-four-reboot-cast-pix.jpg
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:02 pm

So worst casting so far: Fantastic Four or Batman vs. Superman? Those are both pretty horrible casts.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:04 pm

Comics  Gotg_y10

You're Welcome.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:16 am

Matt Ryan (Edward Kenway from Assassin's Creed IV) cast as John Constantine.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/02/matt-ryan-nbc-dc-constantine/
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:04 am

M99 wrote:Matt Ryan (Edward Kenway from Assassin's Creed IV) cast as John Constantine.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/02/matt-ryan-nbc-dc-constantine/

I always thought Paul Bettany was the perfect John Constantine, but he's probably to big for television at this point unless it was something on HBO.

Comics  Tumblr_mnt88h7AD11rur95fo1_r1_500
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:28 am

Matt Ryan does have the right look and he is British too.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:19 pm

The big question is ability to act in the role, not looks or nationality.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:22 am

Hey Moto, have you read Planetary or Transmetropolitan?

I really, really hope GotG does well so that Cosmic Marvel can get a foothold in the cinematic universe and we can potentially see this animated:
Comics  Original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:04 pm

RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:15 pm

I don't believe I've read either series, but if you recommend them I'll try and pick them up on Comixology.

I am still wondering if we will ever see Sentinel, Heroes for Hire, or Captain Marvel in any of the actual movies.

I'm stoked for Dr. Strange though, I think that will be the next major fan service for hardcore Marvel fans.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:25 pm

It really depends on which Captain Marvel you mean... if you're referring to Batson or Mar Vell. The former is most probably never going to happen, as it seems unlikely that DC will ever get their shit together on the live-action front. Mar Vell may be a possibility if GotG does well enough and they want to make a move that bridges Cosmic and Earth Marvel.

I would most definitely recommend Planetary. It's one of the best series I've ever had the pleasure of reading. I really enjoyed Transmet as well but it's a bit different from the other comics we've discussed so far.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next