VendettaRed07
The_Badger
eyeopener
33 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Ribery's revenge - Page 4 Empty Re: Ribery's revenge

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:57 pm

I dont know how Arsenal squad cost more than Bayern? before Özil our most expensive signing was Arshivan around 15m if I am not mistaken.

Every year we were at the bottom of the league in spending on players, even stoke spent more than us.

As for ScareFace and Bayern getting revenge on Ronaldo? they just have to wait another year, its Arsenal time to get revenge on Bayern.

There wont be Vemaelen on the LB to allow Bayern have their way and get easy goals.

Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:59 pm

if anyone is getting revenge on Bayern it has to be Barca ;(
for thiagoat
for Pep
for 7-0
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:59 pm

but look, the point is I had to deal with a REAL MADRID fan here who pretended like our team is so stacked that our trophies arrive all by themselves and Ribery's part in them doesn't mean anything..

And I made the Arsenal jibe because Arsenal fans often like to see themselves as a team who is like David against Goliath, fighting with little resources against clubs throwing around with money, and I really don't accept this narrative when it comes to them playing us.

(have to say though, I ... cough.. probably exaggerated when I said ... cough.. our squad is cheaper than theirs, it's about the same... cough... maybe a little... cough.. more  Embarassed )
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:03 am

Ribery can go suck an aubergine.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:08 am

Bayern have the largest budget of any club in the Bundesliga, they dont have to compete with teams Arsenal has to compete with.
City was paying Ade 180k a week, how many players at Bayern are close to that?
Chelsea has unlimited money.
United will pay what you want.
Liverpool can attract players because they can pay them well, even Spurs have a high wage bill.

In Bundesliga, I dont think any player would turn down Bayern offer to join them, who could blame them?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:41 am

Gil wrote:That's because Ribery had by far the least impactful run in the CL last season by any star player in recent memory. In fact that's probably what ended up costing him at the end of the day. How can you give it to someone who got outperformed by about 6/7 players on his own team in the biggest club competition in football? Muller, Robben, Kroos, Schweini, Martinez, Alaba and Lahm clearly had more impressive campaigns than Ribery last year. That's just the simple fact.

Ribery was simply along for the ride last year. Replace him with Shaqiri and Bayern probably still win the damn thing. Struggling to think of a single stand out performance he had in the knockout stages where the entire world is watching not against Freiburg and Hannover.
Sometimes I think that you try too hard to be controversial. Surely you can't believe what you are typing?

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:56 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:how exactly does that bullying look? And how did Arsenal get bullied into selling Fabregas and Van Persie? They both had valid contracts, and I don't think Barca/Utd sent armed henchmen to force these transfers...
Going after Goetze and Lewandowski, 2 players you don't even need, doesn't look like bullying to you? Announcing that Goetze is leaving before the CL final? Tapping up Lewa over a year in advance to the point where he is not even willing to consider sitting down with clubs like Madrid and Arsenal?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:03 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Going after Goetze and Lewandowski, 2 players you don't even need, doesn't look like bullying to you? Announcing that Goetze is leaving before the CL final? Tapping up Lewa over a year in advance to the point where he is not even willing to consider sitting down with clubs like Madrid and Arsenal?
Well, who leaked the Mario Götze deal is still subject to anyone's guess. Fact is, no one actually won by it other than the media.

As for tapping up Robert Lewandowski - I have the eerie suspicion that it was more his agents shopping him around. The guys have a rather bad reputation as far as I know. There was a lot of stuff in the Polish media before anything became official, too. I think Lewandowski set his eyes on Bayern as he wants to win silverware and he considered them the best bet for that.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:09 am

I wouldn't call it bullying if Dortmund got money in return for Gotze and they could of gotten money off Lewa if they decided to sell him.
money that could of easily been used to find replacements (maybe not the same caliber but still)
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:20 am

Tbf it's not Bayerns fault that their main rivals Dortmund are incredibly stupid when it comes to selling players.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:22 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Tbf it's not Bayerns fault that their main rivals Dortmund are incredibly stupid when it comes to selling players.
Stupid? They couldn't do anything against Mario Götze's exit clause (unfortunately nowadays top players usually have the upper hand unless they want to sign for a real heavyweight like Bayern), and by not selling Robert Lewandowski last summer, they showed they wouldn't let themselves be bullied.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:28 am

Sahin and Lewa going for a combined 6Mill is madness

'Showing that they won't be bullied' at the expense of losing one of Europes most wanted strikers for free is ridiculous.

They should have acted earlier and prepared better to avoid these scenarios.

Now when Reus eventually goes, Dortmund will be a shadow of their former selves and they won't have the funds to come close to getting ideal replacements.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:32 am

People should fear a fit Messi.

quote this: #Septuple2014
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:34 am

rwo power wrote:
Well, who leaked the Mario Götze deal is still subject to anyone's guess. Fact is, no one actually won by it other than the media.
Well it coincided with the fact that Bayern were about to play Dortmund in a final and that Hoeness was involved in a tax fraud scandal and this was a welcome distraction. We may never 'know' who leaked what, but it's clear that Bayern gained the most from it and Dortmund suffered the most, so I don't think suggesting someone within Bayern did it is much of a leap.

Anyways I don't mean to throw this thread off topic any longer, or to hate on Bayern a club that I respect. But I do think that the reputation they have earned is not really a mistake.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ioilersrock448 Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:43 am

So we bullied Dortmund by executing a release clause in a contract and getting a player who is free when his contract runs out, sure. While Goetze perhaps wasn't majorly needed, when he hasn't been injured he's been in the Bayern starting XI and has been splendid making a terrific trio with Kroos and Thiago.

Lewandowski wanted out and Dortmund had the option to take money from us but they rejected. When a club tells a player that as a Pole he should be happy with what he is making, who wants to play there? Where is the faith in that?

As for the money thing, this happens in every league just because of the CL. It's seen less in England because of all the foreign ownership injecting cash into the team. In Spain Real Madrid and Barcelona have a massive advantage of cash compared to anyone else in the league because of the CL and TV revenue. In Italy it will be seen soon as well, as Juventus continues to make the CL and inevitably make it very far in the CL, Juventus will have more money than everyone else and will have a massive advantage over everyone because now Inter and Milan are in rebuild. Especially in the smaller leagues teams like Celtic, Porto, Benfica, Basel and Shakhtar Donetsk have a massive advantage because the can get into the CL.

Bayern isn't different from a lot of other clubs.
ioilersrock448
ioilersrock448
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:11 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:What revenge? he'll just continue winning trophies year after year while Ronaldo wins nothing.

I doubt he'd swap his treble for the Balon D'or tbh.

rofl

That's butthurt the Mehdrid fans!

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:19 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
So, Man Utd won the premier league 6 times in the last 10 years, Bayern won the Bundesliga 6 times in the last 10 years. Is the premier league ridiculously one sided now as well?

And all that coming from a supporter of team from a league where for years there were Barca, Real, and then 25 points nothing lol.

Why u think the dwarf and your primadonna manage to score 40+ goals every season, because you league is so competitive? lmao..

Real buy the best players of the world for stupid amounts of money, but you haven't managed to even come close to winning anything in Europe for a decade, you got your ASS handed by Dortmund last year, you're a complete joke of a club, as is clear for everyone to see.

But Ronaldo cried in such a heartfelt way yesterday, a little boy in an injust and bad world finally getting recognized, and I'm not a monster, so I say congratulations and well done, little Cristiano, everything is going to be ok.

Good post that. Deserves more praise.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:02 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
rwo power wrote:
Well it coincided with the fact that Bayern were about to play Dortmund in a final and that Hoeness was involved in a tax fraud scandal and this was a welcome distraction. We may never 'know' who leaked what, but it's clear that Bayern gained the most from it and Dortmund suffered the most, so I don't think suggesting someone within Bayern did it is much of a leap.

Anyways I don't mean to throw this thread off topic any longer, or to hate on Bayern a club that I respect. But I do think that the reputation they have earned is not really a mistake.

I'm pretty sure the leaking wasn't done by the club itself (Rummenigge seemed genuinely surprised and a bit pissed off when it happened), 'cui bono' would be Real as it was ahead of the semi, or indeed Hoeness, who was battling the first news cycle about his tax fraud at that time.

If I had to guess I'd say it was someone from Hoeness' entourage.
Still the fact is the players want these transfers, nothing fishy about it.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:48 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:People don't call you Buyern because you purchase players, it's because you bully your rivals into giving up their best players to you. Arsenal don't have the power to do that, in fact they're often on the receiving end (Van Persie, Cesc, etc).

Arsellnal hmm
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:51 am

M99 wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:People don't call you Buyern because you purchase players, it's because you bully your rivals into giving up their best players to you. Arsenal don't have the power to do that, in fact they're often on the receiving end (Van Persie, Cesc, etc).

Arsellnal hmm
Arsellall  hmm 
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Footyfan Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:57 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
sportsczy wrote:You obviously haven't followed Bayern regularly Z... Van Gaal then Heynckes and now Pep are absolute dictators.  You either play their way or you're gone/benched.  Doesn't matter who you are.  Do you really think CR7 wouldn't go crying to mommy within 6 months of getting chewed out?  There's no way he'd survive under those guys.  Bayern management are about the club, not the players.  He wouldn't have Uncle Flo forcing the managers to cave into player demands.

It's the reason he left Man U btw...  he was getting into scuffles with SAF over how he was used.
You think that if Van Gaal and Heynckes can get previously notoriously lazy players like Ribery and Robben to step it up he can't get Ronaldo, a model professional, to do the same thing? scratch

On what basis is Ribery and Robben lazy. They're 10 times hard working as Ronaldo.

Guardiola has said he has never seen someone as professional, dedicated and hard-working as Robben. Robben carries his trainer during injuriy/home visit/vacations. Ribery is a 2nd LB for Alaba.

They have never missed a Training Session that has been reported. No issues disciplinary, atleast not Robben.

Footyfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Footyfan Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:11 am

Nobody calls Bayern "Buyern". Certain igorant retards might do that but they're so stupid they probably don't understand football.

Bayern doesn't bully anyone. They don't need. Other teams in BL are not as well run and financially sound. Bayern is financially and prestige wise so far ahead that players automatically come to the club.

Like Real-Barca do with lower Club Players in La Liga. Only difference is only 1 club in BL has the financial muscle.

As far as LVG goes he's a Grade 1 Dictator. He showed his balls to Luca Toni and threw him outta the team.

He will throw Ronaldo out if needed. He does not give a damn about his job. His ego is sky high.

Footyfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:26 am

Footyfan wrote:Bayern doesn't bully anyone. They don't need. Other teams in BL are not as well run and financially sound. Bayern is financially and prestige wise so far ahead that players automatically come to the club.
Actually most other clubs are well run. They just often have strategic disadvantages (structural week regions, recently promoted, some suffering from sins of the past) and are still working hard to add to their earnings.

Dortmund and most others are actually financially sound - the point is they want to *stay* financially sound, which is why they don't want to get into debt for transfer fees and player wages.

(BTW, the HSV is exempt - what they are currently doing beggars belief. They should fire about everybody on their board, I guess and properly try to start anew.)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:43 pm

HSV's board seems to be doing terrible work for a long time now - they have the infrastructure, they have the players, what the *bleep* is going on?!

I remember Armin Veh was completely disillusioned and cynical after his spell there..
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:55 am

Zealous wrote:Bayern management would carry Ronaldo from Madrid to Munich on foot if it meant they could have him despite what they say or what you think.

http://www.abendzeitung-muenchen.de/inhalt.fc-bayern-boss-rummenigge-ronaldo-gegen-rib-ry-tauschen-niemals.12068f7a-25b8-4133-87b8-af1a0a971f2c.html

"Bayern München would not swap Ribéry for Ronaldo." - Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, Chairman of FC Bayern

Perfect timing!  Laughing 

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu May 22, 2014 10:14 pm

Oh God, this thread was amazing to read
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor