Abramovich
DeletedUser#1
RealGunner
Firenze
McAgger
71 posters

Page 5 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next

Go down

Brendan Rodgers Sacked: Now at Celtic - Page 5 Empty Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked: Now at Celtic

Post by McAgger Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:40 pm

Rodgers didn't trust his 25m signing, Lallana, to come in at the weekend to add creativity when we were badly lacking in attack. Instead he brought on Lambert for Coutinho and sealed the 3 points for Newcsatle. Why the feck else did we buy Lallan for?

That's one example of a recent game, some of his decisions this season have been baffling

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Brendan Rodgers Sacked: Now at Celtic - Page 5 Empty Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked: Now at Celtic

Post by McAgger Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:48 pm

Well just watched Rodgers' recent presser. He's pulling out the transition card.

130m *bleep* pounds and he's pulling out the transition card.

I wonder what sort of transition Southampton are going through, because I would really like some of that transition.

Rodgers in APRIL 2014:

"I don't think there is pressure on ourselves, only what we have from within. Look at Tottenham ... [when] you spend over £100m you'd expect to be challenging for the league.
"People talk about pressure but it's absolutely wonderful."

Really Brendan?? So challenging for the title you say?

Rodgers in May 2014:

"I don't want to put a figure on how many but I would rather have one or two absolute top players than seven that might not help us.

"It's about the quality. We can't be going into the Champions League this year with doubts about players. We have to be going in knowing what the players' capacity to play is and their capabilities."

Rickie Lambert and Dejan Lovren it is then. :facepalm: We are an embarrassment of an institution. Lied right to our faces. He's so full of himself.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:58 pm

What a difference 2 months can do to a fanbase...... Laughing
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:00 pm

That's the thing i'll never get, he said we would only buy players who improved our first 11.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:03 pm

Maybe it isn't his fault, and he's just a puppet for the ownership and their moneyball approach, whatever the feck that means. He's obviously lied to our faces.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:07 pm

He and the whole team need more time. It's hard when you lose your star player, a top 5 footballer.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:18 pm

He'll get time. With Sturridge back we should at least look like a football club hopefully.

Now back to the point...Realistically, after Suarez's last summer antics, we knew the whole year that he would most likely attempt to leave again this summer. We had a year to find a transfer strategy that would place us in the best position. We had money. We had CL.

Why are we in this position and in need of transition when it was inevitable that our best player would leave?

Why are we in transition after YEARS of being in transition prior to that? We finally had a year we could have kicked from and we took 30 steps back.

We've spent probably among the top 5 in all of Europe in transfer fees since Janaury 2011 and we're "in transition".

It's worrying that our manager is looking for excuses to cover up a shambles of a summer.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:54 pm

#RodgersOut @RodgersOutClub
Follow
The banner to fly over Anfield during the Chelsea game has been designed. Donations are still welcome for the plane.
Brendan Rodgers Sacked: Now at Celtic - Page 5 B1dpkDWCEAA95ZW
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:57 pm

Chelsea fans forever obsessed with failures of other clubs than their own success. (Not talking about you Kick because you posted this)
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:18 am

izzy wrote:What a difference 2 months can do to a fanbase...... Laughing

More like one poster honestly. McAgger is tripping balls and I must admit, I'm enjoying it.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:27 am

Don't call me James wrote:Chelsea fans forever obsessed with failures of other clubs than their own success. (Not talking about you Kick because you posted this)

Who cares what Chelsea fans think ffs.

Their God in Mourinho pretty much attacked their, well his own, fan base after the game against QPR. Laughing
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:08 pm

How long has he got?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:15 pm

Don't call me James wrote:How long has he got?

Our owners seem pretty level-headed, so that works in his favour. As well as the fact we finished 2nd last season... but there are just so many thing he's doing wrong since then, from transfers to tactics.

Our next game is against Ludogorets and it's crucial as far as our Cl campaign goes, so that's one yardstick. After that it's Stoke at home and Leicester away and a defeat against either one would be horrible. We'll see.

Pulis is available after all :coffee:
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:18 pm

Let's get you guys on record then, do you think he should be fired?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebelles.REUS.rex Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:20 pm

Fraud of the century.
Rebelles.REUS.rex
Rebelles.REUS.rex
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:21 pm

Art Morte wrote:

Our owners seem pretty level-headed, so that works in his favour. As well as the fact we finished 2nd last season... but there are just so many thing he's doing wrong since then, from transfers to tactics.

Our next game is against Ludogorets and it's crucial as far as our Cl campaign goes, so that's one yardstick. After that it's Stoke at home and Leicester away and a defeat against either one would be horrible. We'll see.

Pardent is available after all :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:22 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Let's get you guys on record then, do you think he should be fired?

I nearly made a thread after this Palace defeat that "I was right about Rodgers after all", for I posted in the Humble Pie thread sometime last season that I was wrong about Rodgers when I resisted his appointment initially. But I'm going to give him a few more games. He deserves it after last season. But if things go the direction they've been going, there's no way he can be our manager come the end of the season. It's the next few games, hopefully, that will decide his faith.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:23 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Art Morte wrote:

Pardent is available after all :coffee:

The last time I dreamed of having him, Pardew had a good half a dozen years left in his Newcastle contract, sadly.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:49 pm

Molenation "If you spend more than £100 million, you expect to be challenging for the league." - Brendan Rogers in April Molenation

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/302665.html

http://strettynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Boss-520x520.jpg

Brendan Rodgers Sacked: Now at Celtic - Page 5 B1-xQ0EIMAA6DUe
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:12 pm

Rebelles.REUS.rex wrote:Fraud of the century.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:45 pm

His biggest downfall was that his mistakes were too obvious, from transfers to tactics, his gotten it wrong on so many levels.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:15 am

Brendan Rodgers Sacked: Now at Celtic - Page 5 B3J6rWVCAAIRPhV
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:18 am

These quotes :facepalm:

Brendan Rodgers Sacked: Now at Celtic - Page 5 Rushs-foot-in-mouth-problem

Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:43 am

M99 wrote:Brendan Rodgers Sacked: Now at Celtic - Page 5 B3J6rWVCAAIRPhV

wowww Shocked He said that ???
Deserves every bit of this humiliation and criticism if so. And deserves no sympathy. Douche !!! :brickwall:

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:51 am

mr-r34 wrote:His biggest downfall was that his mistakes were too obvious, from transfers to tactics, his gotten it wrong on so many levels.

His biggest downfall was not implementing a style. I was banging about it all of last season.

This is his third season now. What's there to show for it? He came with us being a mid-table club, and he's going to leave us a mid-table club.

He spent the first 6 months of his time at Liverpool implementing a style. He did well in the second half of his second season when it all started to click n gel.

Then in his second season he decided to sit back with 10 men behind the ball and hold a lead until Suarez was back from suspension. Then it was all "let SAS" to do all the work. It's funny how we're all clueless in the final third now that the opposition don't fear those 2 eh? Proud

Not too mention it was clear for all to see that Suarez was going to be playing in Spain this season. Gerrard pretty much said it himself by saying "give us 1 more season and Bayern, Madrid or Barcelona will come for you". Sturridge was injured for half of last season too, and has been injury prone in the past, so it was well known he was going to be absent this season.

So how does he replace 50+ goals and our whole team of last season? He buys a 20 year old kid from the Portuguese league that wasn't even a guaranteed starter for 20m. He buys Lallana for 25m. Who's DECENT, but worth around half that fee. Not too mention he hardly ever plays the guy ffs. He buys a 35 year old Lambert for the "feel good" factor. He buys Mario Balotelli and plays him as a lone striker, a role he's never really played for ever.

I really can't go on with the rest of his signings or I'll be here all day. Let's just say he's signed 25 players. Only 5-6 look good enough to play here. And only 3 are pretty much Liverpool worthy as of right now. (Sturridge, Sakho (who's being pushed out ffs) and Coutinho) Mignolet is okay too, but he's being told to play a role he's not accustomed to either so looks weak in that role but will be okay when he's told not to distribute and he actually has a settled defence in front of him. Can looks like he can play a role too. Markovic is no better than Jordan Ibe ffs.

So in short, his signings suck. His "tactics" suck. He's an arrogant fool that got carried away because he had the luxury of letting SAS have ultimate freedom.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:52 am

Brendan Rogers wrote:“I have absolutely no sympathy for Southampton,” said Rodgers, whose team kick off their campaign against the depleted Saints tomorrow.

“They have a choice as a club. They don’t have to sell. They had that choice. Maybe Southampton’s objectives have changed. They were on course to be a ­Champions League club, I believe, but, obviously, that has changed...

I suppose Liverpool have taken three players, but Arsenal have taken a player, Man United have taken a player and there might be one or two others. It’s just ­football. It’s just the way it works. We were after a certain type of player that fits the profile and the mould of the way we play. So, I don’t have sympathy, no...

Not even sure how you guys rate the Mirror but I got that quote from there. Here's the website...
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-boss-brendan-rodgers-unapologetic-4061328
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next