Luca
lucianomoggi
Juventino89
Tomwin Lannister
DeviAngel
26 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

- Forrest Gump | Stephan Lichtsteiner #26 Empty - Forrest Gump | Stephan Lichtsteiner #26

Post by DeviAngel Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:15 am

http://img.uefa.com/imgml/TP/players/1/2014/324x324/56942.jpg

Name: Stephan Lichtsteiner
Position: Defender
Date of birth : 16/01/1984
Squad number: 26
Club: Juventus ( ITA)

Height: 180cm
Weight: 75kg

Contract Until: 2015
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

- Forrest Gump | Stephan Lichtsteiner #26 Empty Re: - Forrest Gump | Stephan Lichtsteiner #26

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:19 am

DeviAngel wrote:Paris Saint-Germain are raiding Serie A again, as Stephan Lichtsteiner’s entourage are quoted as saying the Juventus star is “interested” in a move.

Carlo Ancelotti’s club has already taken Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Thiago Silva and Ezequiel Lavezzi this summer.

According to Calciomercato.it, Juve would be willing to listen to an offer of €15m for their right-back.

“Stephan arrived in Italy from Lille, but when he joined Lazio there had already been a concrete interest from PSG and we spoke to them, but decided to try out a new experience in a different league,” said an unnamed member of Lichtsteiner’s entourage.

“Obviously PSG are a very interesting club with an excellent structure. They have an important project, a great Coach like Ancelotti and a great technical director in Leonardo. It would be an honour for Stephan to play for Ancelotti.

“At the same time he is very happy in Turin. The Bianconeri also have an important project for the future and he is part of it, so there’d be no real reason to leave Juventus.

“The decision is down to Juventus. If they decide to sell Stephan, then obviously he would be interested in joining PSG.

“The certain thing is that the player wants to know his future in the next four or five days, because he is very ambitious and wants to prepare as best as possible for next season.”

Swiss right-back Lichtsteiner has also been linked with Chelsea.

“The situation is different, as I can confirm they know the player very well and really want him, but the Londoners might not want to spend that much money for a right-back.”

Nothing much to read into. In other words if he doesn't stay he would be interested in PsG. Perhaps he thinks Isla will take his spot.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

- Forrest Gump | Stephan Lichtsteiner #26 Empty Re: - Forrest Gump | Stephan Lichtsteiner #26

Post by Juventino89 Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:08 am

I would hate to see him leave. But for 15mil and already having good replacement. We could use that money. for a striker.
Juventino89
Juventino89
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:14 am

Juventino89 wrote:I would hate to see him leave. But for 15mil and already having good replacement. We could use that money. for a striker.

and who will be the replacement for him? Caceres is injured remember? but I would sell him if we had good RB and cover for it... there are really little good RB's left at least in my eyes
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:16 am

Remember bro we have Isla.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:30 am

TomJuve wrote:Remember bro we have Isla.

and no RB to cover if he gets injured Sad ... plus Licht is warrior if he chooses to leave than its different thing but not like this.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:58 am

Oh no I agree I want him to stay and all that but if the worst happens we would only have to find a back up RB. First choice is covered.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:01 am

TomJuve wrote:Oh no I agree I want him to stay and all that but if the worst happens we would only have to find a back up RB. First choice is covered.

hmm ... good young RB ? Giulio Donati from Padova he can be beast but why looking in some1 else's backyard before inspecting yours ?
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lucianomoggi Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:41 am

LINSHTAINER is a really quality right back; but CONTE is confusing the side backs with Marathon athletes

he asks for LINSHTAINER to run flag to flag : I don't think Linshtainer is good on that : maybe ISLA can do what CONTE wants

lucianomoggi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:42 am

I'm not even sure Isla is back to training yet.
He's coming off a knee injury, Caceres is out too.

Lichtsteiner was a beast last season, I really admire him and he fits the 'new' Juventus mentality.

However, I thought he was stronger in back four than in the 3-5-2. In the 3-5-2, Caceres put in some great performances. I think Isla in the 3-5-2, assuming he is fit, will be better than both but Lichtsteiner in a back four system.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by lucianomoggi Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:57 am

we have PEPE, ISLA, CACERES who can do the roles

our formation its similar to NAPOLI last season

lucianomoggi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:36 am

Pepe is not a suitable RB. I think people forget how rare good RBs and LBs can be. Before licht, we have been searching for a RB since the days of Zebina. Isla is not full strength and can fill many roles for us when he returns, so there should be plenty of playing time for Licht. Selling licht would be a major mistake. He was a big reason why we improved and did so well last season.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:53 am

I hope Juve don't even think of it...
This selling mentally needs to be cut out...
It's time people stop acting like everyone don't age....
Lichtsteiner just turned 28,no reason for a younger replacement yet...I see no young player who is fitter that Mascherano or Zanetti...
If you have a capable player who fits your system, no reason why he shouldn't remain than be pushed out by an inexperience youngster...It's a reason why Arsenal can't win anything & I don't think any other side is stacked with young players....
Isla haven't even trained with Juve yet but he is already considered to be Lichsteiner's replacement just because he is younger, when in all honesty,Conte could decide to put him in the midfield & not out wide...
We have a real good team & need a striker. We are not short on cash. Selling Lichtsteiner is a joke considering who it might be going to as well, a damn team who at this moment in time can have almost ANY PLAYER in the world & not because of how big the club is or how good the league is, but how much money they can give...
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by GIGItheBest Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:01 am

Paris Saint-Germain coach Carlo Ancelotti has confirmed that the club are not interested in signing Stephan Lichtsteiner from Juventus, also ruling out thoughts they might turn their attention towards Lille full-back Mathieu Debuchy.

The French capital club were expected to announce the arrival of veteran Anthony Reveillere from Lyon last week, but the deal has reportedly fallen through.

These developments have reportedly rekindled PSG's interest in the Juventus right-back, but Ancelotti has moved to squash such claims and insisted that Lichtsteiner is not in PSG's plans.

"It is not remotely true that we are interested in Lichtsteiner." he said in a press conference on the eve of their trip to Ajaccio on Friday. "We do want a right-back, but we are looking for a Frenchman for that role."

"It definitely will not be Debuchy however, who is a player of Lille."

The France international has already been involved in a long-running transfer saga over the summer regarding a prospective switch to Premier League outfit Newcastle.

PSG began their Ligue 1 campaign last weekend, drawing 2-2 with Lorient thanks to a brace from new signing Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Read that on Goal.com
GIGItheBest
GIGItheBest
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:54 am

Sell him.. he is 28... caceres and isla can play on that role.. MUCH YOUNGER
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:55 am

It worth it if we are going to use the money wisely to buy the TOP PLAYER ehm ehm ehm
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:51 pm

Juventude wrote:Pepe is not a suitable RB. I think people forget how rare good RBs and LBs can be. Before licht, we have been searching for a RB since the days of Zebina. Isla is not full strength and can fill many roles for us when he returns, so there should be plenty of playing time for Licht. Selling licht would be a major mistake. He was a big reason why we improved and did so well last season.

Forget useless Zebina.
Been searching since Thuram.
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:50 pm

Lynx100 wrote:
Juventude wrote:Pepe is not a suitable RB. I think people forget how rare good RBs and LBs can be. Before licht, we have been searching for a RB since the days of Zebina. Isla is not full strength and can fill many roles for us when he returns, so there should be plenty of playing time for Licht. Selling licht would be a major mistake. He was a big reason why we improved and did so well last season.

Forget useless Zebina.
Been searching since Thuram.

I wasn't saying that zebina was great. I meant that he was the start of our rb search.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:15 pm

If the money from Lichsteiner is whats needed to get Llorente then imo it should be done. I expect Isla to do well.

Juve should not underestimate that lack of quality up front even though they have a great midfield
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by k2blt Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:47 pm

I would have to disagree. Licht provides stability down that right side. He is easily top 2 as a rwb in the league. Even though I'm a fan of Caceres getting playing time, he still has some maturing to do. We should have the cash to splash on a striker... don't weaken one area to strenghten another. Marotta doesn't want to be taken by the inflated market prices. He'll work to pay teal value. Many of the clubs titles have came as a result of impenetrable back lines! Licht is needed to continue on towards our European goals.

k2blt
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:51 pm

Surag wrote:According to Eurosport, Paris Saint Germain and Juventus have reached an agreement for the transfer of Stephan Lichtsteiner at the court of Ancelotti: 15 million euros and a four-year contract for the former defender of Lazio. " The decisive meeting between the agent and the player leaders Juventus next Friday "this according to French TV group TF1.

No :facepalm:

LINK
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:05 pm

If this is needed to get a top quality striker, then it might be ok.. But I certainly wouldn't sell for only 15mil euros..

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:08 pm

We better not become one of the Serie A teams making the league weaker by selling our own talent to teams like Man City and PSG. If that happens, Serie A is in trouble.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:21 pm

From the reports...If they are true...He wants to go because of money, if so be the case...Let him go & get as much as possible for him...
We don't need a money motivated player
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by inderbaby Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:31 pm

Lichtsteiner is a quality player and if we are going to sell him it should be for a big offer...anything over 20m and he is yours! Isla is a better attacking player but not as good at Licht when it comes to defending but we have plenty of cover for RB with Caceres (Once he is back from Injury) and Padoin who has played very well in that position in pre-season and also Pepe can do the RWB role very well smoking

inderbaby
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next