Zealous
Uncanny
LeVersacci
halamadrid2
Onyx
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

El Clasico: Barcelona vs Real Madrid discussion Empty El Clasico: Barcelona vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by Onyx Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:10 pm

El Clasico: Barcelona vs Real Madrid discussion 418El Clasico: Barcelona vs Real Madrid discussion 131

Barcelona vs Real Madrid discussion.

Saturday 26th October.

H2H Past 5 meetings:

League - Home: 2nd March 2013: Real Madrid 2-1 Barcelona

Copa del Rey - Away: 26th February 2013: Barcelona 1-3 Real Madrid

Copa del Rey - Home: 30th January 2013: Real Madrid 1-1 Barcelona

League - Away: 7th October 2012: Barcelona 2-2 Real Madrid

Super Cup - Home: 29th August 2012: Real Madrid 2-1 Barcelona

Injuries/Suspensions:

Barcelona: Jordi Alba.

Real Madrid: Alonso.

Barcelona last 3 league results:

Osasuna 0-0 Barcelona
Barcelona 4-1 Valladolid
Almeria 0-2 Barcelona

Barcelona current league position: 1st.

1. Barcelona - 25 points
2. Atletico Madrid - 24 points
3. Real Madrid - 22 points
4. Villarreal - 17 points

Real Madrid players called up:

Goalkeepers : Casillas, Diego Lopez and Jesus.
Defenses : Varane, Pepe, Ramos, Coentrao, Marcelo Carvajal, Arbeloa and Nacho.
Midfielders : Khedira, Bale, Casemiro, Modric, Di Maria, Isco and Illarra.
Forwards : Cristiano Ronaldo, Benzema, Jese and Morata.

Real Madrid predicted lineup:

--------------Diego Lopez
---Carvajal--Varane---Ramos---Marcelo
---------Khedira--Illarra---Modric
-------Di Maria--------------Ronaldo
-----------------Benzema

El Clasico: Barcelona vs Real Madrid discussion 185652578.0_standard_352.0

Cristiano Ronaldo has scored on his last 7 visits to the Camp Nou.

Ancelotti pre match:

"It is difficult to prepare for this game, motivation and concentration are very large. The players are confident because the last match at the Camp Nou was a great game and so we look forward. The timing is good for us last week was good and we improved a lot in all aspects, we can do well. The idea we have is going to play and show our quality and our game. Do not know who is favorite. Everyone thinks Barcelona, ​​but this is not bad for us. "

Prediction:

Both teams aren't solid defensively, so I expect there to be goals from both sides. Against Juventus it was a victory, however overall it wasn't the best game. Juventus were the better side. As usual, we need to improve defensively. Possession play needs to improve and the overall system needs to be more clearly defined. Right now it's too random.

In terms of Barca, they're more pragmatic under Martino. They've played a deeper backline and countered recently, so this could turn out to be an end to end game.

Barcelona 2-2 Real Madrid.

Last edited by Yohan Modric on Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:03 pm; edited 3 times in total

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

El Clasico: Barcelona vs Real Madrid discussion Empty Re: El Clasico: Barcelona vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:18 pm

2-2 is very generous to us imho. Barca will keep most of the ball so its important all our midfielders have a set task tomorrow. we can't just sit back and invite them to our half because messi is at his best when we do that

we need to press their cbs because thats where their posession starts, I'd rather mascherano hoofs it back to us than finding a pass to busquets or xavi or whoever

for this reason we should start morata. he presses alot better and will generally just occupy the cbs and bring fear into them
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

El Clasico: Barcelona vs Real Madrid discussion Empty Re: El Clasico: Barcelona vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by LeVersacci Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:04 pm

Didn't Carlo say that Bale will start? Read that somewhere.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:34 pm

Apparently Ancelotti said he'll see in training and will decide whether to start Bale or not.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:23 pm

Hope this is a good match to watch from a neutral perspective, been waiting for this game a long time
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:39 am

I don't feel very confident considering the way we've been playing away from home in the league.

Ancelotti better wise up and change the way he lines us up and his substitutions both have been so bad this season.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:48 am

I don't want any "Make a player happy subs".
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:02 pm

The lineup that Marca is reporting is complete :facepalm:
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:16 pm

Lopez
Carvajal Varane Pepe Marcelo
Ramos
Khedira Modric
Di Maria Bale
Ronaldo
:facepalm: 

Great idea, try something you've never tried before in your most important match. BRILLIANT!!!
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:20 pm

Shocked 
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:24 pm

Oh yeah Carvajal is starting El Clasico: Barcelona vs Real Madrid discussion Hessam4
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:35 pm

If Di Maria plays left of Modric then I love this lineup....it's something I've been hoping we try for quite a while.

I think we need the extra centre back to cover Marcelo and to make sure that Varane doesn't need to come up....that way he can control the game from the back rather than needing to leave the spots where he can see the game to cover for a break in midfield...which is going to happen.

For me, I would say isco and Morata instead of Bale and Di Maria, but it's the same thing really.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:41 pm

Morata isn't even on the bench.
Let's experiment a lineup in a very important game against Barcelona that could see up go level on points.

And you are content with that?
When was the last time we've seen Ramos in the mid...ever?

If it was Pepe, I'd still be upset, but I could see why Carlo would have put him there.

We have to win. No excuses after coming out with a lineup like that.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:53 pm

I don't think he's going to be a midfielder. Even if he's positioned slightly ahead of the other two...I think Varane is going to be behind and Pepe will and Ramos will find themselves in a more natural position somewhere between CB and DM.

Experimentation? I don't see what's wrong with making a change in an important game. Do we really have the type of winning formula that says we can't make a change?

I see the logic in the structure, I see him trying to accomplish a goal with the change...so yea..I'm happy. This isn't Mourinhio throwing people in and waiting on expecting miracles....it's thought out.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:57 pm

That logic about Mourinho throwing players out is flawed because if anything, that's what Ancelotti has been doing this whole season. And I'm not sure how you haven't noticed that.

Or how you forget to recognize that we haven't lost a Clasico in our 6 previous encounters. I doubt we would have accomplished that if Mou would experiment everytime.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:03 pm

For the whole month and a half? Ancelotti has a basic idea of what he wants to do and is trying people out, testing where they fit and where they don't. When that's sorted out - we'll see the dividends.

The last 6 don't matter, we sold key players, key players injured, we haven't played that way in a while. To try that now would be as much an experiment as this is.

They'll do the same things, high press middle press, fall back after lines are down then look to counter, but it's just a different structure...that distributes roles more evenly at the back and gives the front more freedom.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:22 pm

You type a lot without saying a lot.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:47 pm

This lineup that Carlo put out is practically inviting Barcelona to come play in out own half.

There is nothing good about this "experiment".
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:45 pm

Benzema the teams cancer Laughing .

his 30 minutes was better than all of our players 90 minutes alltogether.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:51 pm

^^ don't neglect modrics performance.

This *bleep* experiment ancelotti did was pointless and a waste. And he picked the best time to do so.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:52 pm

We're a *bleep* joke Laughing

Ramos Laughing

Khedira Laughing Laughing

Carlo Laughing :facepalm:

all those chances yet again in a clasico Laughing
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:54 pm

benzema can only perform as subs. proven 2 times in france and once today.
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:56 pm

smh where do some of you come up with this stuff be quiet
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:01 pm

FalcaoPunch wrote:This lineup that Carlo put out is practically inviting Barcelona to come play in out own half.

There is nothing good about this "experiment".
Carlo:"Hello Tata,this is the invitation to play in Our half,Goodbye."
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:04 pm

He plays better when we are chasing the game, or any time he sees the ball more than once every 25 minutes really.

Carlo it seems wanted to lock it down in the first and push toward the end, and I think he timed it well, individual lapses from Khedira and Lopez were unlucky. Hitting the post was unlucky, not getting the penalty was unlucky.

I genuinely thought Ramos was going to be a centre back, in my mind 3 at the back is really a worthwhile experiment. But in the middle, he's a better passer than Khedira and that showed. Still, playing him as a floating DM with none to track was a mistake. The minute Messi veered right he should have slotted in behind Marcelo.

I thought we played a well paced game though, unlucky in the end.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next