serieAkings
VendettaRed07
Art Morte
97 posters

Page 3 of 38 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20 ... 38  Next

Go down

Gareth Bale transfer saga - Page 3 Empty Re: Gareth Bale transfer saga

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:50 pm

The Franchise wrote:I also dont think it makes a difference Bale or no Bale....all paths lead to 5th place.

Think so? really think they have a chance if they get Soldado and hold on to Bale.

Chelsea haven't really improved at all IMO, i know every wanks over them because of Mourinho but i really don't see it.

Arsenal haven't bought anyone, i expect them to do so but as it stands Spurs have closed the gap as far as quality is concerned.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:50 pm

----------------Soldado
-----New LW-------------Lennon
-----------Paulinho---Dembele
-----------------Sandro

Holtby could play instead Paulinho/Dembele for more creativity if they need it.

In terms of Chadli, if Bale does leave, he'll probably be a rotational player. I'm sure they'd want to spend the £50m or so on a replacement.

I think it's ideal a team has at least two players who are capable of scoring.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:53 pm

Chadli will score around 10 ish.

Soldado will score near 20, with Bale around the same.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:54 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
The Franchise wrote:I also dont think it makes a difference Bale or no Bale....all paths lead to 5th place.

Think so? really think they have a chance if they get Soldado and hold on to Bale.

Chelsea haven't really improved at all IMO, i know every wanks over them because of Mourinho but i really don't see it.

Arsenal haven't bought anyone, i expect them to do so but as it stands Spurs have closed the gap as far as quality is concerned.

So you believe Chelsea could miss out on top 4 WITH Mourinho?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:56 pm

If you don't buy anyone and Spurs and Arsenal strengthen....

Yes.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:57 pm

No need to feel threatened etc.He didn't exactly say he's going to steal Chelsea's 3rd spot. All he said was "they have a chance".
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:04 pm

something-red wrote:
The Franchise wrote:I still think there is plenty time.

Its not ideal that some weeks of preseason have gone by but its not by any means too late in my opinion. I would trust in AVB's ability as a coach.

There are still players out there they can lure.

Hulk is probably miserable at racist Zenit. No CL sure, but I am fairly sure AVB could talk him into it.

Nani is probably available, Di Maria..some others.

I dont think they would have to completely overhaul the team. Yeah, he is real important, but tactically I believe AVB could figure it out.

AVB wants to keep him for a reason. He is just that good. He's not as good as "rival to Ronaldo" and all that overrated nonsense, but he is their only chance of CL as of now. AVB has built the whole team around him. To lose him now, and to get an as good player to replace him will be hard. They'd have to overpay for "player X" as teams know Spurs have money by selling Bale, and there's always a risk of that player flopping.

Which CF can you also suggest joining Tottenham now? A realistic target too, before you mention the likes of Rooney etc.

Of course AVB would prefer to keep him, he is a great player and has a relationship that works with him. However, I believe in AVB as a coach and I think he can have a very good team with or without Bale.

A striker for Spurs?

It depends what kind of player they would replace Bale with, or how AVB changes the team.

Anyway, Saldado is alright, they could go for Doumbia, or Yilmaz, or Benteke (maybe not now)..its hard to say.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:04 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Chelsea may not have improved on paper, but they were better than Spurs last year and with Hazard and Oscar with another year of experience they will improve individually and collectively. I also think, at the bare minimal, Mourinho will have them playing to their strengths.

Arsenal I think are just better and will be better once they sign players.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:08 pm

Soldado's almost official mate. Subject to a medical. 30m Euros fee. Valencia's chairman has already confirmed it. They've signed him to play with Bale though. That's why they're desperate for him to stay. Their whole team is built for Bale. It's like how Liverpool's team is built for Suarez; and Barcelona's Messi. Teams don't want to lose their key players, and that's why Tottenham don't want to get rid unless it's stupid money.

Benteke has also signed a new 5 year deal with Aston Villa. He won't be leaving this summer.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:09 pm

As always Tottenham -could- get a top 4 spot. But they're like Romas evil twin brother in a way, they find themselves near the top of the table then before you know it they're 10 points away from 4th Laughing
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:12 pm

something-red wrote:Soldado's almost official mate. Subject to a medical. 30m Euros fee. Valencia's chairman has already confirmed it. They've signed him to play with Bale though. That's why they're desperate for him to stay. Their whole team is built for Bale. It's like how Liverpool's team is built for Suarez; and Barcelona's Messi. Teams don't want to lose their key players, and that's why Tottenham don't want to get rid unless it's stupid money.

Benteke has also signed a new 5 year deal with Aston Villa. He won't be leaving this summer.  

Yeah im aware, I wouldnt have signed him for that much. Dont think he is that good.

But if they lost Bale and replaced him a good enough player, I dont think the level of the team will be all that different.

And I agree teams dont want to lose their best player unless its stupid money. However, 50m to me is stupid money. I dont believe they will be any worse than 5th if they sold Bale and replaced him well. I also dont think they will do better than 5th with him.

In the end, he wants out, you can only put it off so long.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:12 pm

They finished 1 point behind 4th. And 2 points behind 3rd.

With Defoe (poor mans Bent) and Adebayor as their main strikers.

Soldado will improve them heaps.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:14 pm

The Franchise wrote:
something-red wrote:Soldado's almost official mate. Subject to a medical. 30m Euros fee. Valencia's chairman has already confirmed it. They've signed him to play with Bale though. That's why they're desperate for him to stay. Their whole team is built for Bale. It's like how Liverpool's team is built for Suarez; and Barcelona's Messi. Teams don't want to lose their key players, and that's why Tottenham don't want to get rid unless it's stupid money.

Yeah im aware, I wouldnt have signed him for that much. Dont think he is that good.

But if they lost Bale and replaced him a good enough player, I dont think the level of the team will be all that different.

And I agree teams dont want to lose their best player unless its stupid money. However, 50m to me is stupid money. I dont believe they will be any worse than 5th if they sold Bale and replaced him well. I also dont think they will do better than 5th with him.

50m is stupid money. Again, I only rate him at around 30m. But this is Real Madrid we're talking about. When they make someone their primary target, they do whatever they can do get him.

50m was an opening bid. Spurs could potentially get 60+ if they play this smart.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:15 pm

I know where they finished, im just saying my opinion. Soldado is an upgrade, but a marginal one for me.

Adebayor has some things Soldado doesnt, and even Defoes does too. Soldado is a different, and slightly better player, but not worth the 30m they outlayed.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:16 pm

something-red wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

50m is stupid money. Again, I only rate him at around 30m. But this is Real Madrid we're talking about. When they make someone their primary target, they do whatever they can do get him.

50m was an opening bid. Spurs could potentially get 60+ if they play this smart.

Yeah perhaps they can, all im really saying is, I dont understand if they dont sell at all. In the end, now or later, Bale will leave. I wouldnt be that fearful to make it happen now, while his value is where its at.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:18 pm

The Franchise wrote:I know where they finished, im just saying my opinion. Soldado is an upgrade, but a marginal one for me.

Adebayor has some things Soldado doesnt, and even Defoes does too. Soldado is a different, and slightly better player, but not worth the 30m they outlayed.

That wasn't directed at you mate. Should of quoted the post. Was addressing the 10 points behind.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:20 pm

Ah, my bad.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:21 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:As always Tottenham -could- get a top 4 spot. But they're like Romas evil twin brother in a way, they find themselves near the top of the table then before you know it they're 10 points away from 4th Laughing

Tbf they did finish 4th twice under Arry and were very unlucky not to do so last season.

Its not that outlandish at all and out of the challengers they have strengthened the most by far.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:23 pm

The Franchise wrote:
something-red wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

Yeah perhaps they can, all im really saying is, I dont understand if they dont sell at all. In the end, now or later, Bale will leave. I wouldnt be that fearful to make it happen now, while his value is where its at.

As it stands right now, it could be a win-win situation. 60m for a player who's only ever had one amazing season is a daylight robbery. But Madrid will get majority of that back from commercial reasons so they don't really care. And if Spurs keep him, they keep a genuine world class talent (although overrated to the MAXXXXXXXXXX) in the squad and could fight for a CL spot.

So you could understand why Tottenham are doing everything they can to hold onto him right now. There's a very slim chance of finishing top 4 by selling Bale. But I think they'll be made up by it by if they do get an insane bid for him as they can invest that into the team for a stronger side albeit taking a year or two for them to develop a whole new structure / fight with teams above them as well of getting rejected by more players because of the lack of CL.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:35 pm

AS say Madrid have offered 60m euros plus Coentrao and Di Maria for Bale.

If true,they would be insanely stupid not to consider that offer.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:46 pm

Surag wrote:AS say Madrid have offered 60m euros plus Coentrao and Di Maria for Bale.

If true,they would be insanely stupid not to consider that offer.

Well that changes things as they would be given two CL level players plus a ridiculous amount of cash.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:49 pm

Never a summer goes by where i don't get very angry at one of our moves. Last year it was selling Sahin when we were short midfielders, the year before that Coentrao to play as a DM (Laughing lasted 5 games), etc.

We almost had a perfect summer pale 
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:44 pm

Cash plus Di Maria and Coentrao is a must sell for me. Everyone wins in that deal honestly.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:10 pm

except Di Maria and Coentrao

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:11 pm

I don't think that Di Maria would want to swap Real Madrid for Tottenham... The same goes probably for all of Madrid's better players. And some other names thrown around, like Hulk.

As a Liverpool fan I'd like to see Spurs lose Bale to Madrid, but if they manage to keep him they would have a very interesting team to follow.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:28 pm

Considering what he's going through at Zenit, I think Hulk would probably jump at the chance to return from relative obscurity.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 38 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20 ... 38  Next