Art Morte
fatman123
BeautifulGame
90 posters

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down

UEFA Financial Fair Play - Page 2 Empty Re: UEFA Financial Fair Play

Post by Onyx Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:54 am

Yeh Atletico's is probably due to Falcao.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:06 am

Atletico de Madrid is all around one of the worst managed clubs in Europe, read all about it in the swiss ramble.

http://swissramble.blogspot.mx/2012/08/atletico-madrid-its-mad-world.html

I'm glad FFP is being enforced. I'm now convinced its a good idea.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:55 am

great read that chino

i stumbled upon these points, which would probably mean they are in no danger

-Like many other Spanish clubs, Atlético have agreed a repayment schedule with the tax authorities. It had been mistakenly believed that the agreement was to pay the taxman half of any revenue received from player sales, but the club has to actually pay €15 million every September, regardless of any transfer activity, which helps explain the annual summer outgoings.

-Gil Marin provided a spirited defence of Atlético’s position, “This arrangement has been going on for years. Other teams have bank debt, we have tax debt.” He continued, “It can’t be seen as an advantage to pay 5% interest and meet all payment deadlines. It would only be an advantage if they gave us a discount or we didn’t pay any interest.”

-Obviously the lack of sporting success has not helped, e.g. Gil Marin revealed that €46 million of the tax debt arose from their time in the second division, when they stopped paying tax, while a further €50 million was charged following tax reviews, largely due to profits booked for property sales.( €215 million owed to tax authorities)

-As we have seen, FFP could be problematic, as Atlético’s 2010/11 loss excluding player sales and other exceptional items was €45 million. What this effectively means is that Atlético can only hope to meet the break-even target by either selling players or qualifying for the Champions League – though that task should not be beyond them, given Villarreal’s relegation and Malaga’s internal strife.

It should be noted that the costs of building the new stadium would be excluded from the FFP calculation, so that will not be an issue. Similarly, any expenses attributed to youth development are also excluded, so this should be an area of focus, certainly more than in the past

======================

They might be run really poorly but most of their debt was from a previous management, they are doing everything to wipe their debt although they have the third highest debt in Spain after Barca/Real without making as much revenue, they can still pay all of this off without being worse off by Uefa if they qualify for CL, but sadly i think selling Falcao is the best solution for them if they want to stay afloat... they haven't paid for the transfer yet which is rather worrying

Blame the tv deals for all of this
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:02 am

What do you know..? No Bundesliga club of course.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:14 am

One of FFP's first priorities should be the La Liga TV deal
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:24 am

Sevilla fans :bow:

"stop the game, Mourinho is still talking" :bow:
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:30 am

Like it's Barca and Reals fault that nobody wants to sign deals with the other clubs.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:35 am

I wonder what would happen if the other clubs would simply not allow the guys who pay Barca and Real their huge TV money to show their players on TV during the matches they play against Barca and Real. I think this might turn out pretty interesting, as I doubt the audience would be amused to see only part of a match XD
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:39 am

lol, it would probably mean the whole game isn't shown at all

The league would still make as much money in TV deals anyways, which is why they probably have decided against it... i am sure Del Nido has been thinking of options to punish Barca/Real in any form but been unsuccessful in all attempts
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:48 am

I'd rather listen to Mourinho talk than watch Sevilla play right now

/trololol

Anyway I'm not sure what to think of this, on the one hand it's good that they are investing any malpractice but on the other these clubs invest because they are expecting the money rewards if they succeed. It's a bit unfair to withhold the prize money if they had the intention of using to cover debts etc.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:14 am

aford92 wrote:Like it's Barca and Reals fault that nobody wants to sign deals with the other clubs.

And that adresses the root of the problem.
It's the federations fault for not enforcing a universal TV deal for the right to broadcast the competition itself. - Champions League, EPL, Buli, Serie A etc. use TV deals that involve the right to broadcast the competition with the team rights etc. inclusive and as far as I understand it each team in La Liga negotiates those deals individually with different broadcasters - wasn't the threat of a strike at the beginning of this season because of a clash between broadcasters?

The problem with trying to change things up now is that Barca's and Madrid's deals involve much more money than they could hope to get in a "rights to broadcast the competition" deal in place of a "rights to broadcast a team".

OT
FFP wont do much other get clubs semi-sustainable.
FFP would have to have such extremes such as salary & transfer caps to actually do what people think it will do.

Last edited by Phritz on Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by che Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:15 am

pathetico should just go down to segunda where they belong... running up a debt bigger than ours without building a stadium Laughing
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:24 am

Zealous wrote:
Anyway I'm not sure what to think of this, on the one hand it's good that they are investing any malpractice but on the other these clubs invest because they are expecting the money rewards if they succeed. It's a bit unfair to withhold the prize money if they had the intention of using to cover debts etc.

This sends a much stronger message, though. I don't think these clubs would listen to UEFA at all if there were no sanctions.

And I for one am delighted to see that UEFA is taking first FFP actions against clubs. It may / will be painful at first, but should help in curing the disease in the long run.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:35 am

wait, so why exactly is UEFA not giving Atletico it's prize money for winning the Europa League? Is it also the money for winning the Super Cup? How is the club suppose to start to get out of debt if it isn't giving the money for winning cups? I thought FFP would straight knock a team out of European tournaments if they were in financial trouble...not alone them to win the European tournaments but then not pay them (I think it was Mallorca that was not allowed in Europa League a few seasons back for the debt that are in...I thought that's exactly what FFP was going to be.)
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:33 am

You get the impression the clubs that deserve to be punished (MCFC, CFC etc) for FFP breaches won't be. Only smaller clubs affected thus far
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:55 am

The Messiah wrote:You get the impression the clubs that deserve to be punished (MCFC, CFC etc) for FFP breaches won't be. Only smaller clubs affected thus far
I'd like to know what standard is being enforced here. How exactly are Chelsea, Man City, PSG, Anzhi, etc. avoiding this?
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:39 pm

The Messiah wrote:What do you know..? No Bundesliga club of course.

Yup, the Bundesliga leads the footballing world in terms of financial health and proper management. The other leagues would do well to look to Germany for inspiration in how to structure their own business sides.

The Messiah wrote:You get the impression the clubs that deserve to be punished (MCFC, CFC etc) for FFP breaches won't be. Only smaller clubs affected thus far

It's much easier and less risky to punish the EL/lower sides. Less money involved, and less likely to be lost in terms of television revenue if the clubs do fail to meet the standards set and are barred from European competition.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:42 pm

Looks like FFP just screws up smaller clubs even more. There's no chance they'd actually take major action against a Top European club and risk chaos. They'll probably just fine them to look like they're enforcing FFP.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:13 pm

Forza Rossoneri wrote:
I'd like to know what standard is being enforced here. How exactly are Chelsea, Man City, PSG, Anzhi, etc. avoiding this?

http://swissramble.blogspot.mx/2012/09/uefas-ffp-regulations-play-to-win.html

chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:05 pm

TomJuve wrote:Looks like FFP just screws up smaller clubs even more. There's no chance they'd actually take major action against a Top European club and risk chaos. They'll probably just fine them to look like they're enforcing FFP.
The optimist in me hopes that instead of "merely" picking on those mid-level European competitors, this is actually the first wave of FFP sanctions. A testing of the waters situation, if you will... We all know that FIFA is reluctant to change or "stir the pot" with the big clubs (unless there is some sort of financial gain for them). Therefore, why not begin imposing rules on clubs that can't cause a huge uproar over it? In FIFA's eyes, this could be the warning shot to the clubs the super clubs and European powers.

Just a thought...
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:10 am

I also think that the UEFA will pull this through with the "smaller" clubs so that they have test cases / original precedents that they can quote when it goes against the big offenders.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

UEFA Financial Fair Play - Page 2 Empty Financial Fair Play? What clubs should fear it the worse.

Post by windkick Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:20 am

So, I was having a discussion with a friend about FFP and now I am wondering what clubs should fear it the most (IF they actually enforce it). I would assume the big spenders like City, PSG, Anzhi, and maybe Chelsea and Zenit would be the ones to fear it the most. But my friend argues that clubs like Real Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia, and United should fear it even more because they are in serious debt. Is this true? I thought some one posted an article some months back explaining and breaking down which clubs should fear it the most and why. But I can't find it anymore using the search function. Any explanation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:23 pm

Anzhi, PSG, Manc City.
Some smaller clubs, too, like, think of Europa League level.

Debt is okay as long as you can service it, i.e. its weight is not sinking you down. I don't know about Valencia in this regard. But it's more about not living on debt any longer than the amount of debt you currently have.

Anyway, Google will find you stuff about this. UEFA have the actual rules somewhere on their website. The Swiss Ramble is also highly recommendable Thumbs up
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:26 pm

The system is flawed, it will never be properly instituted, an least of all by an organization as nontransparent and corrupt as UEFA and FIFA are.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:54 pm

Chelsea are safe from FFP either way, thanks to the massive increase in the TV deals.

Anyhows Platinis son or brother? Works for PSG doesn't he and they clearly couldn't give two *bleep* about FFP lol.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:12 pm

Only mid table teams and lower league teams from around europe will be effected

There are many ways to find loop holes, like City did with their enormous deal
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless