halamadrid2
Kaladin
BarrileteCosmico
30 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Casillas: I have suffered Empty Casillas: I have suffered

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:57 am

FIFA.com: What was it like to return to the starting line-up after so long without playing? Is it true that it felt like a second debut?
Iker Casillas: It's partly true. It wasn't a completely new feeling, but it was certainly different. When you've been out for five months, it takes a while to get everything straight in your head. Luckily my coach and team-mates have treated me extremely well, because that’s important when you're finding your way back. For goalkeepers, confidence comes from games and minutes. So whenever someone gives you an opportunity or shows faith in you, it always gives you a boost.

How important, then, was your first touch of the ball against Uruguay?
Your first touch nearly always decides how the rest of your game will turn out. That first bit of contact helps your confidence, and I honestly felt good and comfortable, although I knew I'd be under a lot of scrutiny. Because of that, I tried to step back from it all and focus purely on doing my best, and on working with my team to win the game.

After each of Spain's recent triumphs, you've been there in all the photos, wearing the captain's armband and holding the trophy aloft. Did you fear, at any stage last season, that you might never experience anything like that again?
Obviously, when your doctor tells you that you've got a broken hand, you start to have one or two doubts. Luckily, though, my recovery was quicker than anticipated. I knew that if I wasn't playing for my club, it would be difficult to get back into the national team. But Vicente [Del Bosque] followed my progress very closely, and fortunately my hand has healed amazingly well. I'd even say it's better than before! (laughs).
We've created this pressure for ourselves over the past few years, but we know we have to keep enjoying it. This team never gets tired of playing football, and always wants to win.
Iker Casillas, Spain goalkeeper.

On your return, however, you found yourself in the unusual position of having to sit on the bench at Real Madrid. How did you deal with that period?
By thinking of the team and wanting what's best for Real Madrid. I cried, suffered, felt bad and had nights where I slept little, if at all. I'm a Madridista through and through, and before everyone else – coaches, presidents, directors of football, even myself – the club always comes first.

During that time, you received many public messages of support. Were there any that particularly stood out?
No. But a lot of people helped me deal with being injured, which was a situation I'd never experienced before. I always try to be respectful. When you're not playing, as was the case with me, you have to accept it, work hard, be patient and keep going. It's no big deal.

Did you ever consider leaving Real Madrid?
I would love to finish my career at Real Madrid. But I would not cause a scene if, one day, a coach were to come along and decide he doesn't need me. Only then would I look elsewhere. And I repeat: Real is my priority. This club has given me everything, and it's thanks to them that I'm wearing this Spain shirt today.

Speaking of the national team, and with the Italy game coming up, how important is it for Spain to win the FIFA Confederations Cup?
It's extremely important, because if Spain don't reach the final, the critics will say we're not the team we were before. If we win, it'll be business as usual. We've created this pressure for ourselves over the past few years, but we know we have to keep enjoying it. This team never gets tired of playing football, and always wants to win. I think we're the major power at the moment, but there may well come a time when it's difficult for us to keep repeating the success.

Is the responsibility to win this competition any different to how it was four years ago, in South Africa?
This team is nothing like the one from four years ago. Yes, we had just won the EURO, but our success had come as a surprise to many people. Back then I don't think even we understood the role we had played in it all. Obviously, once you've won a World Cup, your mentality and responsibilities change. I'm not saying we now feel superior every time we play. But we do believe that, with our way of playing, we can achieve great things. We absolutely want to win it, as doing so would mean this generation has won every title possible.

With that in mind, do you think Brazil 2014 could mark the end of an era for Spanish football?
We're lucky that our young players are winning titles. Vicente [Del Bosque] has always brought U-21 players through to the senior side, putting them in the spotlight and giving them playing time so that, eventually, they're able to take over from the older guys. It's true that time waits for no man. Some players will soon be turning 30, and there are already a few thirtysomethings! (laughs). Some of us will choose to carry on, others won't, depending on how we feel physically and mentally. And some might just get tired of seeing the same old faces. Spanish football needn't worry, though: the new players coming through are good enough to compete and win titles.

Finally, would you say you're feeling happy again?
Yes, I really have got my happiness back. It's always difficult when you find yourself in a situation you've never experienced before. It hasn't been easy, but now I've turned the corner, I'm a different Iker Casillas.

Casillas: I have suffered Deceived
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Casillas: I have suffered Empty Re: Casillas: I have suffered

Post by Kaladin Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:14 pm

#SaveIker
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:16 pm

#freeiker

#peacemakercarlo
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:16 pm

Ancelotti will save Casillas. Cool

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:16 pm

Yeah, I heard this too.

Apparently he was crying? I don't know what to make of that.

But whatever, last season's horror show is over, let's move on (hopefully).
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:21 pm

#freeiker
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintJoe Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:23 pm

Poor unhappy Iker Sad
SaintJoe
SaintJoe
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Schalke 04

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:01 pm

The Ostracized One Laughing
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:48 pm

damn, xavi, he has been brainwashing him in the national team, Laughing

still not sure if i were to still like iker with all the rumors of him being the mole. because thats quite horrible, and i never tolerate something like that no matter who he is.

thats why i just ignore anything related to iker, our gk, let the life takes its course.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:17 pm

What a big baby, I can never understand how a player would cry if he's not getting playing time.. Grow up ffs
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:20 pm

The two words 'man up' come to mind.

No, you're not going to be happy getting benched.

But not sleeping? Crying? Ffs wow Laughing
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:23 pm

I don't think its about the benching but all the drama that unfoulded. As you may know he was accused of being a mole etc etc
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:24 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:I don't think its about the benching but all the drama that unfoulded. As you may know he was accused of being a mole etc etc

That's no reason to cry either :coffee:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Clandestino Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:26 pm

He has said that they cut that statement out of the context. What he said over his phone interview was:
Me he quedado sorprendido, han cortado parte del texto, me preguntan por el Real Madrid y digo "que he sufrido, llorado y lo he pasado mal cuando el Madrid ha perdido por ejemplo dos ligas en Tenerife.""

So he cried and suffered when Madrid had it bad, not him. At least that is what he claims and I sort of believe him: a grown man earning millions watching guys kick the ball around and crying because he is not allowed to play?
Clandestino
Clandestino
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:27 pm

He should not be crying. Upset? Yes he is human.

Crying? Ffs there's millions of things worse in life than making millions and being benched/accused of being a mole.

He's not in the Mafia ffs.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:29 pm

Ancelotti will bring calmness to camp. I'm very happy with his appointment.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:31 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:He should not be crying. Upset? Yes he is human.

Crying? Ffs there's millions of things worse in life than making millions and being benched/accused of being a mole.

Pretty sure Del Piero wouldve cried if he was accused in the media as some kind of mole..

whats wrong with crying again btw? never understood the logic behind that ''a man should not cry''.

Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:32 pm

Proud
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:35 pm

Adit wrote:

Pretty sure Del Piero wouldve cried if he was accused in the media as some kind of mole..

whats wrong with crying again btw? never understood the logic behind that ''a man should not cry''.

Nothing wrong with a man crying, just depends on what you're crying about.. If you're going to cry, then cry about a parent passing away or something like that, not about being ostracized Laughing

Last edited by Swagg on Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:35 pm

Casillas is a savvy operator. I am pretty sure the fans in Spain will lap all this up....
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:37 pm

No I don't know what you're basing that on, ADP has showed no indication of doing that so that's a rather weird point to try and make.

Yeah, there's nothing bad about crying, so long as there's a valid reason.

If he really did say that, he's talking to the media about not being able to sleep, crying etc etc because he's now the 2nd choice GK. Think how many Madrid fans will be reading that who have actual, genuine problems Laughing It comes across as him desperately wanting people to feel sorry for him.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:38 pm

Real Madrid fans are a disgrace here.

Iker lives and breaths madrid. He's the biggest madridista in the world and he was accused of doing something anti-madrid.

It's like Napoleon being accused of cheating on France, when all he's ever done, was to make France more successful. It hurts.

But I don't expect much more from internet-fans of modern era.

Iker is a living legend and symbol of Real Madrid. Mourinho is a walking scumbag and disgrace to humanity. Hope Madrid get Chelsea in CL, and Iker's saves eliminate Chelsea. would be the ultimate karma.

And there is nothing wrong with crying for men. As Jude Law would say: "I am a weeper." Girls like that.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:40 pm

Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:43 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:Real Madrid fans are a disgrace here.

Iker lives and breaths madrid. He's the biggest madridista in the world and he was accused of doing something anti-madrid.

It's like Napoleon being accused of cheating on France, when all he's ever done, was to make France more successful. It hurts.

But I don't expect much more from internet-fans of modern era.

Iker is a living legend and symbol of Real Madrid. Mourinho is a walking scumbag and disgrace to humanity. Hope Madrid get Chelsea in CL, and Iker's saves eliminate Chelsea. would be the ultimate karma.

And there is nothing wrong with crying for men. As Jude Law would say: "I am a weeper." Girls like that.

+1
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:45 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:No I don't know what you're basing that on, ADP has showed no indication of doing that so that's a rather weird point to try and make.

Yeah, there's nothing bad about crying, so long as there's a valid reason.

If he really did say that, he's talking to the media about not being able to sleep, crying etc etc because he's now the 2nd choice GK. Think how many Madrid fans will be reading that who have actual, genuine problems :lol:It comes across as him desperately wanting people to feel sorry for him.
And Casillas has showed no indication that doing such things as well.

The whole shet came when casillas GF a known football reporter said ''The locker room situation is terrible''...in fact we all knew ,Marca and AS all reported it months before that locker room situation is bad.She is a football reporter and casillas should never have crucified for his GF doing her job.

Pretty sure you have never experienced being wrongly accused as mole to wich institution you love the most..

Really who wouldnt have cried should be the question here?
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next