Helmer
Fahim89
Art Morte
Red Alert
McAgger
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

MIG no let in goals || Mignolet - Page 3 Empty Re: MIG no let in goals || Mignolet

Post by iftikhar Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:09 pm

El Cujo wrote:I would still like to have someone else around to push him, or be there if he falters again. He seems very confidence based and right now he's flying high but if he were to have a dip in confidence again we can't challenge for the title/CL if he plays as he was playing before. Even if only for a few weeks it can prove crucial to any type of silverware or title we'll be vying for.
That goes without saying. Jones will leave in the summer so we will need another keeper in any case.

BTW, DCMJ, can you compile/source some great saves by Mig???

iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

MIG no let in goals || Mignolet - Page 3 Empty Re: MIG no let in goals || Mignolet

Post by Curtinho Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:34 pm

Yes, but I mean someone of better quality than Jones. Or someone young who could blossom into a truly consistent world-class keeper.

That said Mignolet has really been fantastic of late. He still has had a few moments that scare the shit out of me, but for the most part he has been excellent and deserves praise.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:22 pm

El Cujo wrote:Yes, but I mean someone of better quality than Jones. Or someone young who could blossom into a truly consistent world-class keeper.

That said Mignolet has really been fantastic of late. He still has had a few moments that scare the shit out of me, but for the most part he has been excellent and deserves praise.
Off-course someone better than Jones. Like I said in other threads,

#1. A veteran who can provide good cover (and competition) for couple of seasons. or
#2. A youngster who will be a contender for starting position in couple of seasons.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:28 am

Someone like Renia...
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:25 am

Reina is on over 6 digits a week to sit on the bench in Germany...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:09 am

Like I said somewhere earlier, Cardiff City's David Marshall, 30 in March, would be a neat back-up. He did great for Cardiff in their season in the Prem, got elected in Sky Sports' team of the season and wouldn't cost a fortune and wouldn't be a big name demanding guaranteed game time.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:30 am

I think he took the meaning of battling for your spot a little too literally. Laughing

MIG no let in goals || Mignolet - Page 3 1932
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:39 am

Frankly, I would be happy to see Karius
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:06 am

Club Brugge hmm

Anyways, good luck Mig 22
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:17 pm

I think Migs got underrated by our fan base, for example someone like the totally mediocre Karius should never have been ahead of Simon in the pecking order. All that stopped mattering, though, when we finally got a superior goalkeeper in Alisson. Could have done better than Brugge, but good luck to him anyway.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:10 pm

Ja Mignolet was definitely underrated. The issue was after seeing Reina in his peak form and later on Alisson, WC keeper, Mig was completely forgotten. But I guess the club got his value and it seems like he got his wish. Unfortunately he is not here otherwise this would have been perfect opportunity for him as Alisson is injured. Let's see how Adrian performs, I am highly sceptical about him.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3