Should Barcelona 12-13 be associated with Barca under Pep (08-12)?

3 posters

Go down

Should Barcelona 12-13 be associated with Barca under Pep (08-12)? Empty Should Barcelona 12-13 be associated with Barca under Pep (08-12)?

Post by Onyx Tue May 07, 2013 8:54 pm

There's lot of talk about Barca's tiki-taka etc coming to end, however considering Barca are different under Tito, I don't think Tito's and Pep's Barca should be associated. They're similar, however there are differences too. For example they don't press as well, they concede more shots, the pace isn't as high as it was under Pep, tactics etc etc.

If anything it came to an end when Pep left.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Should Barcelona 12-13 be associated with Barca under Pep (08-12)? Empty Re: Should Barcelona 12-13 be associated with Barca under Pep (08-12)?

Post by juventus101 Tue May 07, 2013 10:05 pm

I think its the same exact team. They don't press anymore simply because Xavi is getting older, Messi stopped pressing under Pep last year too, Alves & Pedro have gotten lazier, and the biggest difference to me is the loss of Puyol, who would organize everything defensively. Now even when they do press they have no organization, its like headless chickens, so that's why they stopped. I don't think the team or philosophies are different, the team is just going downhill.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Should Barcelona 12-13 be associated with Barca under Pep (08-12)? Empty Re: Should Barcelona 12-13 be associated with Barca under Pep (08-12)?

Post by The Franchise Tue May 07, 2013 11:32 pm

Of course the team is different and of course the philosophy is different.

They might want to apply the same ideals, but they dont follow tons of what we are supposed to be about.

If this thread is going to turn into a questioning of the philosophy, you can stop right now, its beyond stupid.

And of course this season has nothing to do with Guardiola, he isnt the coach.

You can point to some of the signings he made (even though he didnt make them alone) and look at them..but thats pretty stupid because

A. He isnt using them now

B. Anyone who thinks that the individuals are the sole problem clearly doesnt have a clear eye on what is going on here.

But nothing "came to an end" when Pep left...the ideals are the same, they are simply applied poorly.

This has the makings of one of those odd threads on here where I question how people view football and how they interpret it.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down