Onyx
OLpower
Die Borussen
barca 2011
Swanhends
67 posters

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Pep Guardiola appreciation thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Pep Guardiola appreciation thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:03 pm

No i would have benched one of the midfielders because they were pointless.

Because unlike you i realize that midfield control means nothing against a Barca team which were complete by passing it anyway Laughing

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Pep Guardiola appreciation thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Pep Guardiola appreciation thread

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:05 pm

It's a pointless argument. We lost, and we lost pretty clearly in the end.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:08 pm

And how open will Bayern be defensively with 2 bodies less in the middle? Let's ignore "midfield dominance" and concentrate on the defensive phase. Slowlonso and Thiago going to create enough chances as well as boss the defensive phase of the game? Okay.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:09 pm

Pep is a good coach
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:12 pm

futbol wrote:And how open will Bayern be defensively with 2 bodies less in the middle? Let's ignore "midfield dominance" and concentrate on the defensive phase. Slowlonso and Thiago going to create enough chances as well as boss the defensive phase of the game? Okay.

i never said 2.... i said one. Besides they were open regardless Laughing

You are looking far too much into this to suit your agenda of " Pep sucks lolz" All i was saying is i believe they would have won if they didn't have so many injuries last year and i don't believe that is such a far fetched claim to make.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:16 pm

i'm not sure why he's insisting with the " 2 midfield " thing as if it was inevitable . Laughing

Bayern could've fielded a 3 man midfield + Robery with the only notable absence being a badly concussed striker who had no business being there in the first place .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:24 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:It's a pointless argument. We lost, and we lost pretty clearly in the end.

Yes, it is pointless. I just want people to realize the very simple principle that you can't take away some parts of a system to add other components and then pretend it's like merging the positives of both worlds together without side effects. We're not talking about like for like substitutions here (winger for winger). If you replace 2 midfielders with 2 wingers (even world class or top 5 or whatever wingers), taking away the midfielders can have bigger negative effects than adding the 2 world class wingers. For instance Bayern might not be able to move the ball forward to create enough chances or defend well enough.

Now people here even suggested moving Müller to 9 and leaving Lewandowski on the bench in Fifa-esque lineups to suit their argument. Which is totally pointless as Müller's strength is playing as a shadow striker in the spaces that others like Lewandowski create. And not wrestling with centerbacks.

I'll make it short. If Robben and Ribery are fit, some other world class players will have to be on the bench and what Bayern gain in wingplay they will lose somewhere else. This is so because Bayern have too much depth. So this argument "they already only lost 3-5 without Robbery, they'd win 6-5 with them" doesn't really work. They might lose 6-10.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:27 pm

farfan wrote:i'm not sure why he's insisting with the " 2 midfield " thing as if it was inevitable . Laughing

Bayern could've fielded a 3 man midfield + Robery with the only notable absence being a badly concussed striker who had no business being there in the first place .

"Only notable absence" the most dangerous player on the pitch for Bayern. Okay. You keep talking about theory, I look at what happened in reality on the pitch.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:27 pm

I'll just leave this here.

Pep Guardiola appreciation thread - Page 9 NIQ9c6P
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:33 pm

futbol wrote:
farfan wrote:i'm not sure why he's insisting with the " 2 midfield " thing as if it was inevitable . Laughing

"Only notable absence" the most dangerous player on the pitch for Bayern. Okay. You keep talking about theory, I look at what happened in reality on the pitch.

what happened in reality was Lewandowski looking disoriented the whole game and missing a sitter .

let's not pretend that Muller is not capable of playing upfront against a high line like Barça's .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:35 pm

Harmonica wrote:I'll just leave this here.
Spoiler:
Ronaldo :bow: :bow:
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:42 pm

farfan wrote:
futbol wrote:

what happened in reality was Lewandowski looking disoriented the whole game and missing a sitter .

let's not pretend that Muller is not capable of playing upfront against a high line like Barça's .

That's the type of player he is, even without a concussion. Laughing

Unless you point me to the games where Müller at 9 did anything of note you won't convince me.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:13 pm

Spoiler:
Epep :bow: :bow: :bow:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:07 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Spoiler:
Ronaldo :bow: :bow:

Best player in the world :bow:
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 am

Pep Guardiola appreciation thread - Page 9 NIQ9c6P

Was actually planning of saying something like this.
Almost perfect lineup, just massive Pep asshattery.
Though in the defense of Bayern fans here, I think nobody on the forum actually said Pep did well in that match.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:44 am

Adit wrote:First leg was no way even match. Having messi does that to you. I really don't think Barca's defense had any problem that match. On the other hand Bayern's defense got raped in the second half.

I remember the same things said about Bayern in the year we played them. How they are going to become the first team to retain it and how them finishing Bundesliga by December shows they are unstoppable and what not.
Come the business end , guardiola got absolutely outclassed by Ancelotti...both legs. We could've played 500 minutes and they still would not have created a single chance and that is with Bale,modric,Xabi,Di Maria midfield covering the defense.

That's very untrue. Bayern had a couple of very clear chances to score the 0-1 at the Bernabeu. They went on to lose 1-0 and the second leg was a disaster. But had it finished 0-1 or even 1-1, you never know what would have happened.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:52 pm

What chances are you talking about? Shot outside the box from Robben or Ribbery going on a solo run and shooting for a comfortable iker catch? I don't remember them having any clear cut chances but I remember Ronaldo missing sitter with only Neuer in front the next minute after Benzema scored his goal.... Should have been 2-0 there.

Guardiola got royally screwed by Ancelotti both game. What ever tactics he used were worthless and he even had to bring DM for damage limitation... A far cry from his cryffian philosophy.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:22 pm

Pep Guardiola has lifted Bayern Munich to another level since taking over at the club in 2013, according to former France international Zinedine Zidane.

Guardiola's arrival at the Allianz Arena has secured successive Bundesliga titles and the DFB-Pokal, with their attacking brand of football setting them aside from other teams in Germany.

Success in Europe has yet to materialise for the 44-year-old, although his side have reached the last four of the Champions League in each of the previous two campaigns.

Zidane has been impressed with former Barcelona coach Guardiola since his switch from Spain to Germany, and believes the Catalan has led Bayern to a new level.

"What I've noticed is that Pep Guardiola has lifted Bayern to a sensational and fantastic level," he told TZ. "Since he came to Bayern I have not seen a bad game.

"Not only has he brought the maximum out of the players, but he has got 120 per cent [from them].
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:52 pm

Pep: "It's not possible for a coach to win without quality players, and quality players can win with a shit coach"

Did he really say this Laughing

https://twitter.com/iMiaSanMia?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

If you go down he's speaking in German, so I don't know.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:55 pm

Mahatma Pep hmm

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:04 pm

What was so Mahatma in that hmm
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:07 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:Pep: "It's not possible for a coach to win without quality players, and quality players can win with a shit coach"

Did he really say this Laughing

https://twitter.com/iMiaSanMia?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

If you go down he's speaking in German, so I don't know.

Yeah that was at a fan club christmas visit the other day.
His usual self-deprecating thing. He's more or less joking around the whole time.

Also was asked why he played Boateng in midfield against Hertha and why he then switched him back with Martinez after a 15 minutes, and he said " After 10 minutes I looked and I wondered 'what the hell why is Boateng playing in midfield'" Laughing

Also claimed the players can't hear him anyway when he's giving instructions during the game, even if he likes to think they can.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:10 pm

Ffs I thought Pirlo was Hans Laughing

Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:15 pm

Cruijf wrote:Ffs I thought Pirlo was Hans Laughing

its confusing for me also. Whenever am going through a thread am like "why the feck Hans is copying my post" Sad
Spoiler:

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:23 pm

Btw who's that douchebag in that avatar ? I have no clue who he is.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:28 pm

S wrote:Btw who's that douchebag in that avatar ? I have no clue who he is.

He's probably a bundesfodder legend ala Grafite or Meier (:
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next