daneq
Future
futbol
FennecFox7
Onyx
29 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Champions League: Real Madrid vs Manchester United discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Champions League: Real Madrid vs Manchester United discussion

Post by Zealous Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:03 pm

Idiot wrote:yes city, i dont trust city to give me a fair conclusion for what to expect against big clubs
look how they played against southampton

Look at how United played against Southhampton, they won but they were lucky as heel they didn't lose. Look at how we played against Granada if you want to use us as an example. The fact is a lot of big clubs have had consistency issues this year in terms of performance.

We need to be pressing Carrick/Cleverly hard if we want United to struggle. Essien and Khedira can do that, just like they did it to Barry/Toure/Silva.

Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Champions League: Real Madrid vs Manchester United discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Champions League: Real Madrid vs Manchester United discussion

Post by Die Borussen Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:26 pm

southampton was just one example and the most recent one, city constantly gets dominated by inferior sides no matter the results

anyway do you remember how city counter attacked us that game? im pretty sure united can do that way better,
im not sure what to expect and im not sure what i want from madrid in this game? more possession? less possesion? and what formation?

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:27 pm

Xabi isn't a DM, he is a DLP, there is a difference.

Also, Khedira's is a complete player in that he can join the attack aswell as defend. I don't mind having three midfielders, Mou has shown before with Chelsea that it is the best formation vs Man U.

BTW, Zealous, you're right. They play terrible but still manage to get the results. That's why they're the worst side for us to meet imo. They can have the worst game in their lives and yet manage to win, and that is what is so terrifying with Man U.

Anyway, hala madrid tonight! Bummed that Iker couldn't play honestly, but Lopez isn't bad (2nd best spanish GK imo :coffee: )
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:40 pm

If it's a 3 man midfield, then Modric should play instead of Essien imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:41 pm

De Gea going to get reunited with his good friends from the derby days, Ozil and Cristiano :coffee:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:44 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:If it's a 3 man midfield, then Modric should play instead of Essien imo.

Modric is much better as an impact player in the second half imo.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by alexander mahone Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:55 pm

Yea I take Essien too for 3 man midfield. Was impressed by him when playing City, he was good going forward when needed and with him there somehow we recovered the ball so quick. Recently he showed he's linking up very well too. If not 3 man midfield play him as RB, Essien is in good form he must be played somewhere imo what's the point of signing up an EPL veteran who's currently in good form if we're not using him vs an EPL team.
alexander mahone
alexander mahone
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:00 pm

alexander mahone wrote:Yea I take Essien too for 3 man midfield. Was impressed by him when playing City, he was good going forward when needed and with him there somehow we recovered the ball so quick. Recently he showed he's linking up very well too.
off-topic but im re-watching prison break right now Razz although im not yet to his season, mahone :bow:

anyway i agree too, i prefer essien under these circurmstances ofc to play in the midfield but i would replace xabi with modric later in the game accordingly

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by alexander mahone Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:31 pm

Idiot wrote:
off-topic but im re-watching prison break right now Razz although im not yet to his season, mahone :bow:

anyway i agree too, i prefer essien under these circurmstances ofc to play in the midfield but i would replace xabi with modric later in the game accordingly

cheers mahone was the best thing from prison break imo, i probably wouldn't put up to the declining quality in the later season of prison break if not for watching mahone
alexander mahone
alexander mahone
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:41 pm

I do not want a trivote. I don't see the need to tbh.
Here's to a great game and hopefully a win with a clean sheet.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:53 pm

Zealous wrote:De Gea going to get reunited with his good friends from the derby days, Ozil and Cristiano :coffee:

rofl

anyways to hell with the trivot. it has never done well and mou just seems so scared when he uses it. play with our usual formation and he will get the best out of our players guaranteed
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:04 pm

Marca saying Varane will start.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:09 pm

but there is no essien in that line up so I doubt its the real one
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:47 pm

REAL MADRID: Diego Lopez Arbeloa, Ramos, Varane, Coentrao, Xabi Alonso, Khedira, Ozil, Di Maria, Cristiano Ronaldo and Benzema.

Manchester United: De Gea, Rafael, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra, Jones, Carrick, Kagawa, Rooeny, Welbeck and Van Persie

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:20 pm

For the love of god, please score on the chances we get Sad

LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:21 pm

God I'm a nervous wreck at the moment. PLEASE take our chances and don't stupid mistakes.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:33 pm

Good first half, we just need to get the 2nd goal.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:44 pm

Good game. We pressed well, kept the ball well. However we need to improve when defending set pieces and we need to stay concentrated at all times. Also we conceded too many chances.

Ozil man of the match. :bow:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:52 pm

DiMaria is our best player he gets subbed he is the worst he stays on. I hope to god someone torches mou's house when he gets there. what a big massive idiot

higgy shouldve started. united werent defending with 6300000000 men then. he could definitely have scored. ronaldo really had to stop missing those easy chances ffs

also I hate hate hate arbefckingloa what a fcking scrub. giggs beat him for speed GIIIIGGGGGSSSS. essien or my deceased grandfather please.

hopefuly we will have marcelo back for the second leg. a 1-1 is more favourable to them than us god damn it we couldnt do a city there wete just too many legs in that penalty box
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:54 pm

everytime we play, i feel we can score at least 5 goals or more, no matter the opposition, we miss so may opportunities.

the game was good, we should have killed this team off in the first 45 mins

ozil is a boss.

only if khedira knew how to shot and be accurate like a lampard, he would be a boss too.

list of chances that had me screaming goal:
khedira chance alone in the box
coentrao off the post
ronaldo header wide after the goal
ozil in the box, clean through, doesnt shot pulls back for ronaldo, ronaldo miss cues.
ronaldo free kick around 80 mins, over the bar
ronaldo miscue around 85 mins box scramble

the ref let go a lot of fouls in the first half that I think were clear fouls.

Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:00 pm

Terrible score.. return game won't be gentle Sad
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:09 pm

It was a heart in mouth moment every time Man Utd had a corner/created chances. No

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:30 pm

If Coentrao's shot in the first minutes would have gone in, we wouldn't have this discussions now.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:41 pm

Another Goddamn goal conceded through set piece defending....

gosh..
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:13 pm

We played into United's hands when we conceded the first goal, they had set up to attack and there was a lot of spaces to be exploited, Ozil had a shocker of a match, he decision making was poor today, best Real Madrid players in the match have to be Di Maria and Coentrao, they were awesome today, Coentrao probably played his best game in a Madrid shirt.

Ramos was awful as usual, he was responsible for the goal conceded, I'd drop him for the return leg. Benzema and Higuain, are both so off form it's not funny, I can see both or at least one leaving at the end of the season. Maybe Higgy should be starting more games, Benzema did nothing for the 60 minutes he was on the pitch.

The return leg is going to be tough, Utd would play for a 0-0 draw, Real would have to go for the away goal, right from the blast of the whistle and force them to change their gameplan. All is not lost, on and up.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:40 pm

We could have won handedly but we could have lost. Happy with the draw because now things are clear for us.

We score the first goal at OT and I think it's in the bag.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum