Cyborg
Onyx
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Casemiro discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Casemiro discussion

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:22 am

in before hala lol

i share the same feeling, he is great at ball winning but when we are trying to control the game he is not a great pivot. he doesnt have that gameintelligence to run the game.

Imagine Kroos as pivot running the midfield but having Casemiro body to defend in transition. That would put you close to the perfect 5.

But looking around europe, most players in that role are either genius ball players but liabilities in defense, ex: THiago Motta, Jorginho, weigl, etc.. or you have ball winners like casemiro. Busquet is still the best DM in like 10 years lol. On the ball he is genius like and off the ball, he is not Casemiro but he holds his own

you need to "make" a player for that role, you need raw material which you can develop and only a a handful of coaches playing that style can achieve that. Zidane clearly not one of them.

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:56 am

Yeah, Hala would obviously find objection so I'll say that I do not think Casemiro is a bad footballer or is detrimental to our team. At all. I reckon he is a fine defensive midfielder as long as you play him in a destroyer, clean up role. Don't give him too much passing responsibility and he'll be wonderful.

However, you can see that whenever Madrid wanna wrestle control of the midfield, Casemiro always seem 2 steps behind Modric and Kroos in what they wanna do. Casemiro can pass the ball well but his speed of thought is nowhere near those two.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:10 pm

Yeah I see the same thing he simply doesn't have that game intelligence but it's ok because the trade off with protecting Modric and Kroos is more important.

I have always thought we need to find a DM that is more versed the opposite way, just to have options. But nowadays it's almost as if casemiro is more secure in his position than CR lol. He simply does not have a back up and Marcos Llorente isn't skilled enough to offer a real alternative.

I was looking at young number 5 in Europe and the two I like most because physically they look competent and they both have higher game intelligence / vision compared to casemiro. Diawara from Napoli and rodri Hernandez from Villarreal but I think he is going to Atletico next summer
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:25 pm

He does however have some nice long balls, assisted a few like that
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:40 pm

Diawara is a good call. He excelled before his move and chose Napoli, probably for the best as he is learning Sarri's football and playing behind Jorginho. He looks like he'll be a beast in his position.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:44 am

Casemiro is the last problem we have, come on now. Kroosand modric are enough. It's our forwards who take the blame and zidane + marcelo
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:06 pm

Even if casemiro is the last problem we are still gonna talk about it lol

Interestingly we are being linked with Paredes today lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:09 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Interestingly we are being linked with Paredes today lol

What scares me even more is that the same report claims Madrid is willing to offload kova. It's not bad enough that we lost a big chunk of our glorious bench last season, we're apparently thinking about losing the rest.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:31 pm

FennecFox7 wrote:Casemiro is the last problem we have, come on now. Kroosand modric are enough. It's our forwards who take the blame and zidane + marcelo

The name of the thread is called "Casemiro discussion", I think we can use it to discuss his game a bit Giggity. If that is alright with you of course Razz

Did I say he was a problem? I mean, the liability remark was wrong of me, not gonna lie but I would never call him a problem per se. That being said, there is a serious flaw in his game that not only myself and Nick are seeing. He is, however, not the problem, just a player that I am not too sure if he is indispensable or we can afford to play Kova instead. Really not sure.

As for our forwards, we have talked about them way too much for it to be a topic of note. Not really feeling like bringing that up in any detail.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:18 pm

He’s limited, but very important at the same time. As Nick said, that complete player, combination of Kroos and Casemiro doesn’t really exist, closest probably being Busquets and yet he has flaws as well.

We need a coach to use the talent on team and to come up with tactics that utilizes the strengths on team and limited the exposure to the weaknesses.

In the same way we don’t need all 11 back on defense, we don’t need all 11 on offense.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:44 pm

The perfect 5 you are describing Nick is what Fede Valverde could become.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:59 pm

I really hope he has a blinder against PSG as, once again, questioning if he really should be a starter.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:49 am

The one man Chinese wall. Full credit to the creator of this video

Most successful tackles per game, most interceptions per games and helped us concede the least goals in the league. If he was American Trump would put him as the lone Mexican wall and nobody would be able to get through

Of course Zidane also deserves 0.0000001% credit for being able to revive this guy after dumb and dumber tried to destroy his abilities last season
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:00 pm

What a legend this man is.

Singlehandedly responsible for our midfield balance that brought us great success during the threepeat.

Last of a kind. Thank you for everything Carlos Heart
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:12 pm

Ancelotti confirms Casemiro has asked to leave
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:01 pm

He was not our shiniest player but he's the type who rarely has a bad match, always did what was asked of him to the best of his abilities.

Farewell legend, will miss him.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:57 pm

I'm not a huge fan of this exit at all. Even when people were trynna give him the makelele treatment (he doesn't dribble out the back comfort on the ball and all that headache we give our defensive mids) I never bought into that. The perfect foil for kroos and modric and a hard worker. May not have the highlight reels but dude is a proper defensive midfielder. But it is what it is.

Last edited by titosantill on Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:59 pm

Pedram wrote:He was not our shiniest player but he's the type who rarely has a bad match, always did what was asked of him to the best of his abilities.

Farewell legend, will miss him.

Totally agree. A true soldier and an integral cog in our midfield. I really didn't want him to leave now because I think our young midfielders aren't ready yet to take on the responsibility of filling his shoes. But one of things that I admire about Madrid is that they don't keep players against their will.

I hope Tchou and Cama will rise to the occasion, although I don't expect them (nor would it be fair to) to start goating from now. They still have a long, learning curve and big, big shoes to fill.

We don't have the pressure of winning the CL this season, so whatever happens in Europe happens. I'd be happy to just retain the league title this season and let the youngsters learn and grow pressure-free.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:33 pm

I'm gonna miss him but 72m plus 13 in add-ons is amazing sweet deal
Let's hope Tchouameni steps up
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:26 pm

I wonder for how long the club was privy to Casemiro possibly being interested in leaving, did it influence the Tchouameni signing? Good luck to him, he's an RM legend.

Now, i'm intrigued as to whether Camavinga could develop and play for reals as a starting DM and if that will factor in at some point, although I expect Tchouameni to be the starter. With Kroos and Modric leaving soon too i'd say we'll prob need 2 or so more elite level players, particularly more of a versatile ACM.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:39 pm

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:46 pm

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:06 pm

Leaves through the front door with his head held high
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:18 pm

You know what's funny? Case is one of our legendary players and I'm, of course, going to miss him. But to me, Kroos, and particularly Modric, are significantly closer to my heart for many reasons.

If I was this hurt by Case's departure, I can't even begin to imagine how I would feel when those two leave as well. Man, it's going to hit me like a brick wall.

Both of them will probably leave next year, marking finally the end of the legendary midfield duo era at Real Madrid. I would start preparing myself psychologically from now, but no amount of preparation is going to help me not get crushed at the sight of them finally leaving the Bernabeu and walking into the sunset.
Casemiro discussion - Page 2 EofZmjCWEAEXfW2
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:32 pm

I think Kroos has been dropping hints for a while that he'd like to retire at the end of this season. I am mentally prepared for his departure. Having none of the 3 will feel so weird. They've been synonyms with oursuccess over the past years

If we can hit the jackpot again with Tcho-, Cama and Valverde that'd be so so amazing
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:20 pm

I think it is safe to add Ceballos and likely Bellingham to the list as well. It’s kind of funny how most were saying we had to get rid of the same players that most (i wonder if it same) are now expressing regrets about the departure(s).

For sure we didn’t want Casemiro gone this year, but he did see the writing on the wall judging by his reaction of being subbed and let’s not forget the string of poor performances he had early for past two years.

No one knows for sure how the kids will turn out, but all have been impressive, plus Ceballos has also played well this season and at end of last. Rumors have been out there for past two months of Bellingham. So bottom line, we do have the potential! Plus don’t forget about possibly using Alaba and Rudgier when and if needed.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next