Jack Daniels
LeVersacci
buddytaller
The Sanchez
Onyx
27 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Copa del Rey: *El Clasico* - Real Madrid vs Barcelona discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Copa del Rey: *El Clasico* - Real Madrid vs Barcelona discussion

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:51 pm

Canales is still one of my favorite players in football. I hope we bring him back after we get rid of Kaka in the summer. I expect next season to be Xabi's last as well.

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Copa del Rey: *El Clasico* - Real Madrid vs Barcelona discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Copa del Rey: *El Clasico* - Real Madrid vs Barcelona discussion

Post by Onyx Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:09 pm

I think this season should be Alonso's last.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:26 pm

Idiot wrote:
LeDNA wrote:
buddytaller wrote:This match is going to be tough but I predict a narrow win for Real Madrid with both sides scoring and a scored draw in the second leg. This is my predicted 11 to start the match.

Adan
Arbeloa - Varane - Albiol - Marcelo
Khedira - Alonso
Ozil - Modric - Ronaldo
Benzema
Lopez > Adan
yes, hope we start lopez

and maybe move arbeloa to the left and put essien as a rb (take it easy, just an opinion)
cause i think marcelo is not ready just yet
:coffee: not sure if i should be happy

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:49 pm

Varane Shocked :bow:

Carvalho and Arbeloa has been our weak spots so far in.

However, everyone else seems to be playing good. Essien is great and easily our best transfer so far in to the season. He is a great replacement for Lass and a great backup to have.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:50 pm

Varane :bow: Shocked 19 years old, the kid is mistake-less. World-class already, IMO.

Essien should be our RB first choice until we get Carjaval in the summer, bring Albiol in instead of Carvalho.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:58 pm

Carvalho and Arbeloa look to be your weak links indeed... Essien and Varane :bow: Playing beautifully!
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:38 pm

Higuian or Benzema?
Both didnt do anything.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:41 pm

Varane my goodness.

Put on a show.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:57 pm

Essien did well in his RB spot today. He proved me wrong.
But Arbeloa/Carvalho :facepalm:

Higuian and Benzema disappointed. Shame we missed those couple of chances.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:58 pm

Wowa wiwa Varane :bow:

'Twas a good game. Diego Lopez also had a good game. I'm glad we bought him, he made a few saves today Adan would probably not be able to do.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:03 pm

men of the match

varane, deigo lopez and ozil

varane. he should be starting alongside ramos. he recovers so quickly and actually knows how to defend.

diego lopez. made some great saves to keep madrid in the game.

ozil. at times he is unplayable. without him in the team, we have no attacking inspiration. he is our attack. he did really well today, in the middle and out wide.

Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:05 pm

On form Ozil has the best touch in the world. Simply untouchable today, remind be so much of Zidane. He's better than Iniesta IMO.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:14 pm

Varane, what a boss. :bow:
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:22 pm

Varane is something else. For a 19 year old, the guy's composure is unbelievable. We should've won Sad too many missed opportunities.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:02 pm

Casillas and Ramos are not irreplaceable afterall, thank God for a manager like Mourinho, switching Ozil to the wings and introducing Modric was a masterstroke.

Benzema and Ronlado should have done better with their chances but 1-1 was a fair result, if Real don't go a man down at the Camp Nou, I can see no way we wouldn't qualify to the final.

I honestly fear for Real if Mourinho is sacked because of Casillas, we'd go back to the days where clasicos were a one sided affair, I hate those days ...
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:01 am

@buddyTaller - I agree.
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:54 am

Copa del Rey: *El Clasico* - Real Madrid vs Barcelona discussion - Page 4 WizardOfOZ
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:09 am

great game.

First half:

I thought we did very well in the first half which i thought we edged slightly. Benz should have done better when he was released on the left hand side. his shot didn't even hit the target. he is ambidextrous as well no excuses there. His other shot went too high he did well too feign that move but i think he could at least hit the target. Ronaldo was alittle anonymous he didn't make his usual runs i suspect this is what Mou told him to do since we only had one playmaker in there. We pressured superbly for the whole half forcing mistaes on Barca. i was alittle dissapointed with Ozil's final third passes it happened against Getafe as welll where he gets all the way to the penalty box and his descisions there fails him. I thought he did well nonetheless i didn't like how isolated he was when he had the ball there was always 4 barca players on him with nobody to pass to. somebody should always be there for him god damn it

Callegoat oh dear, how many times did he lose the ball?? he had the first touch of a rapist yesterday jeez calegoat. he is very good at breaking offside traps but his first touch failed him resulting in the ball either being cleared or rolling to Pinto. poor poor.

I have to admit Barca had our midfield on locks, both Xabi and Khedira i thought couldve done more but where restricted by Barcas quick pressing. I loved our transition when we won the ball, there as a period when we attacked and it went back and force aka we were playing to our strength, barca couldn't handle it so they slowed the pace down to turtle pace to try and unsettle our players by making them go to sleep with their boring sideways passing.

Mr average will never learn will he, can somebody tell him NOT TO GET FCKING SUCKED IN TO THE MIDDLE WHEN THEY HAVE THE BALL. how many times was Alves free on that farside in acres of fcking space, good thing Missi kept holding the ball up for too long and we were able to intercept. Essien surprisingly did decent against Iniesta. Essien>>>>Mr average

Pedro rofl where the fck was this guy?? more anonymous than soldado?? what has happened to him on another day he would have had a brace against the slow to react Mr Average. Carvalho did ok his backpass was similar to the one he did against i cant remember which team where he got booed off the pitch, he needs alittle spanking. he also fouls too much he could easily have gotten two yellows today. Varane :bow: need i say more

Second half:

I thought barca slightly edged this half, we were abit nervous, Arbeloa as per usual leaves his side unattended and cesc found himself in alot of space and tucked the ball away. we could have found an equaliser if Ronaldo hadn't missed that sitter oh dear didn't even hit the target. Barca could have scored some as well and Lopez did well to keep it at 1-0, then Varane the boss shows ronaldo how to really head a ball and we got our deserving goal. later we kept losing the ball and barca could easily have gone up very sloppy from us. Modric did nothing to prove he wants to start poor poor from him.

So my player ratings

Lopez 7: didnt have an awful lot to do in the first half was tested in the second alot and proved he should be our number 1 keeper till iker gets back

Essien 7: I thought he did really well tbh, there was no attacks from his wing and even if there were him and Varane combined well, there was no hoofing to get the ball away everytime they won it, it always found a madrid player further up the pitch

Varane 9.5: great game by him, did he even put a foot wrong??, i thought Alba got put through on goal too easily in the first 10 min but he was aiming for the corner flag anyways Laughing

Carvalho 6: after a very sloppy start picked up but i was still scared everytime a guy from that wing came in i always knew something would hapen

Mr Average 4: please go already, Alves had fun on that side too bad Pedro decided he felt sorry for him

Xabi 6.5: not as influential as we know he can be but he did well to restrict Missi to running into our players

Khedira 6.5: again not very influential, has a first touch similar to callegoat :facepalm:

Callegoat 6: did great backwards but foward he kept losing balls had the first touch similar to a grandma not into football, he could have been on his own vs Pinto on more than 3 occasions but decided it was time for him to not receive the ball well, happened against Getafe as well where again his first touch deceived him, needs to work on that young man

Ozil 8: did well whenever he he had the ball, nobody came up to support him so barca players easily dispossessed him, i think his decision making fails him sometimes, i mean when he can shoot he passes when he can pass he shoots a very tame shot, his cross was beautiful. well done avatar eyes

Ronaldo 7: hmm got his usual chances, didn't make as many runs as he always does but had a glaring sitter missed, you can't miss those Ronaldo

Benzema 6.5: Did well to press the Barca players and whenever he had the ball, but again he missed some chances you can't really miss

All in all, great performance considering circumstances you couldn't really ask for more could you?

I loved it when Puyol slapped the reffs hand away when he nearly poked him rofl

Not much drama in this game, skysport just gave up its right to show the game :coffee:
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:37 pm

Modric should have started imo. Callejon did pretty much nothing when he had the ball.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:49 pm

Lol at the unjustified Arbeloa hate.Just another player you guys can scapegoat.
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:38 pm

arbeloa has been average for a while now but granted that lb is not his usual position ill let him offf. but whatever side he plays in he always does the same mistake of leaving his side and getting suck into the middle which already containst both cbs plus xabi

not only dis barca continually exploit this but other teams have as well

and how is this scapegoating scratch this was a good result considering circumstances.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:48 pm

Arbeloa scapegoat? Please.
The guy is average at RB and even more so at LB.

His ability to play those two positions when we need him to is the only thing I got for him.

Modric didn't really offer anything when he came on.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:51 pm

worms wrote:Lol at the unjustified Arbeloa hate.Just another player you guys can scapegoat.

this

and Benzema 6.5? you kidding mate? Higuain was a 6.5 but Benzema was a 4 or a 3
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:42 pm

benz did press great tho you can't take that away from him. 6.5 seems reasonable for his performance. higuain came in late with most of our players tired to run. it wss evident by how sloppy we were

do you really rate arbeloa punkfusion scratch we have never gone a game withoutt his side being assaulted he is such a far cry from the old arbeloa who never gave us performanes less than a 7.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:10 am

In terms of pressing Higuain was definitely the better striker. I recall the Bernabeu giving him an ovation for crossing most of the pitch and forcing Barca into a misttake. Having said that I thought Benz was good too just a bit unlucky with his finishing really. Our strikers weren't fantastic but they were good and did what was asked of them.

Arbeloa is a weird one, he clearly was bad enough to let Barca have a clear run at our left flank but at the same time he was fantastic when he was marking his man. Alvaro is a great defender but his weaknesses show when he is in between two players and he's usually not fast enough to reach either. Essien had a great game because he was marking a midifielder (Iniesta) in wide areas and as a midfielder that must have been great for him, by contrast Alvaro had to deal with more naturally offensive players (Pedro, Fabregas, Messi). However Alba was dangerous so Essien wasn't perfect either. Overall though I'm happy with the effort both our fullbacks showed above and beyond the call of duty.

Xabi and Sami had great games imo. They (along with Varane) carried the heavy load in defence and they did a beautiful job considering all the factors going against us. Top marks to both of them even though offensively they suffered but that is natural, the hunter who chases both rabbits catches neither.

As for Ronaldo and Ozil what can be said really? When they had the ball we looked dangerous. Neither scored but sometimes just being a threat is enough to make the other team struggle and you can bet your ass Barca were having a really tough time during some stages of the game.

Diego was great and I think we can safely say that we have a good GK to count on in Iker's absence. Varane had a magical game, I can't really add any more to what has been said about him already. Best CB performance since Pepe at the Mou Camp in 2007/2008 and this one was arguably more impressive. Ramos probably needs to expect a move back to RB soon because Varane made a serious case for himself to start.

Carvalho and Calleti didn't really play that well but they both showed great energy and when you have at least that you can never really be that much of a negative point.

And lastly Top marks to Jose. His tactics were spot on. This could've been a disaster for us but it wasn't and the way he handled the game was a big reason for this. The Modric sub was a fantastic one because it gave our midfield an extra "umph" in the second half where Barca are usually starting to assert themselves.

We could have lost but we also could just as easily have won and a 1-1 draw isn't a bad result considering we usually are able to score 2 goals at least at the Nou Camp. They gave us their best shot and we're still standing tall and could have even knocked them out. You can bet your ass we're the team that feels better about this result if certain parking lot temper tantrum rumours are true eco smile
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:43 pm

Zealous wrote:We could have lost but we also could just as easily have won and a 1-1 draw isn't a bad result.

Copa del Rey: *El Clasico* - Real Madrid vs Barcelona discussion - Page 4 Tumblr_mecffj69Wg1qfw2dno1_400

www.journalx.org

Last edited by ronalessi on Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next