Kick
JAY-Z
Onyx
RealGunner
Art Morte
94 posters

Page 30 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down

David Moyes is a Football Genius - Page 30 Empty Re: David Moyes is a Football Genius

Post by Firenze Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:57 pm

RealGunner wrote:Fav to take over Swansea

United > Sociedad > Swansea Proud

can't wait for him to relegate them tbh

Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

David Moyes is a Football Genius - Page 30 Empty Re: David Moyes is a Football Genius

Post by RedOranje Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:45 am

RedOranje wrote:
Art Morte wrote:Swansea and Newcastle seem like candidates. I'd like to see him back in the Prem, I just have no idea what's his stock right now. He's coming off the back of two failures now and I don't think people rate his time at Everton quite as highly anymore as they used to.

Can't see it. Swansea have always (at least, during their rise to and time in the PL) made attractive football a key part of their club identity. Moyes doesn't fit with that.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:41 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/12074766/David-Moyes-Would-I-take-the-Manchester-United-job-again-Of-course-I-would.html

Come home, GOAT. Sad

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:57 pm

Still one of my fav vines

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:11 am

Craig Hope for The Daily Mail wrote:David Moyes should not have been sitting in a small auditorium in front of a handful of reporters answering questions as the new manager of Sunderland.
Instead, he maintains, he should have been halfway through a six-year contract as the boss of Manchester United.

Moyes, eyes narrowing as the subject turned to the inevitable, made no attempt to mask the feeling of injustice and bitter taste left by the manner of his undignified sacking just 10 months after replacing Sir Alex Ferguson at Old Trafford.

At the club's training ground on Monday, it was the first time he had spoken as a Premier League manager since that April day in 2014 when, after news broke 24 hours earlier, he was seemingly the last to know of his impending — and brutal — dismissal.

'When you sign a six-year contract and you end up being there 10 months — yeah, I believe I was unfairly treated,' said the 53-year-old. He has chosen Sunderland as the club where wounds can be healed and new life can prosper.

'That is life in football. Ultimately, the key is to win football matches. I didn't win enough. But you must say there were mitigating circumstances. And I think there are maybe things that have gone on since then that would actually justify that even more so.

'Managing Manchester United gave me an unbelievable idea of what it is like at the top. I believe that is where I can work and that is where I should be working,' he added.

'My level is that, because that is what I saw when I was there. You don't get offered those jobs if you've not done something to deserve it. I am a better manager now for that experience.'

If Moyes sees himself leading out teams in the Champions League in the future — and he clearly does — his choice of club on his return to these shores is leaving him with a bigger mountain to climb than the Alpine range which formed the backdrop to last week's training base in France.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3718806/David-Moyes-believes-manage-level-unfairly-treated-Manchester-United.html

You tell 'em, Moyesie
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:40 pm

Unfairly treated ya ya!! Rolling Eyes

Anyway hope we loan Januzaj to Moysie. Only he can resurrect the lad's career now. Can see him persuading the boy to sign for them on a permanent basis tho as a revenge.
And Sunderlnd will 101% take points off us this season. He will treat the match like a cup final. silent

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:16 pm

David Moyes: Manchester United's great traditions have gone says Sunderland boss

Manchester United's "great traditions" have "gone", according to their former boss and current Sunderland manager David Moyes.

The Scot was sacked by United in 2014 - less than a season after being chosen to replace club legend Sir Alex Ferguson.

He said the club had "tended to pick British managers" and never felt the need to impose themselves in the transfer market.

"I can say that's gone," added Moyes.

"There have been a few changes at Manchester United but that's the way they have chosen to go."

United have spent £480m since Sir Alex Ferguson retired in 2013 after 26 years as manager.

They broke their club record in January 2014 by signing midfielder Juan Mata from Chelsea for £37.1m - a deal done under Moyes, and spent a British record £59.7m on Real Madrid winger Angel Di Maria later that year, after Dutchman Louis van Gaal took over.

In August this year, they gave new boss Jose Mourinho a world record £89m to sign midfielder Paul Pogba from Juventus.

"They were a football club who enjoyed traditions with the way they spent," said Moyes, who returns to Old Trafford as a manager on Boxing Day, with relegation-threatened Sunderland, for the first time since he was sacked.

"They didn't try to compete with all the other clubs. They did what they thought was the right thing to do and spent the right way.

"Maybe that has had to change because of the current situation. [But] Sir Alex [Ferguson] went out and bought wisely and correctly in the transfer market and what he thought he needed to do."

Moyes repeated a claim that he was "definitely unfairly treated" by not being given enough time and also confirmed that the club missed out on a number of major transfers during his short tenure - including Real Madrid and Wales forward Gareth Bale, Madrid team-mate Toni Kroos and Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas.

"When I first went in my real target was Gareth Bale," said Moyes. "I felt all along that Gareth Bale was a Manchester United player.

"I fought right until the last minute. We actually offered a bigger deal than Real Madrid. But Gareth had his mind made up on going to Real Madrid. That was, in my mind, the player I really wanted to bring to Manchester United.

"The other one was Cesc Fabregas, who we thought we would get right up until the last minute.

"I remember when I first met Sir Alex and he always said there was a chance Ronaldo might come back.

"So that was the level we were targeting. I was not going out to bring in seven, eight players, because we had a squad which had just won the league.

"Toni Kroos was agreed to come in the summer. I had agreed it with Toni himself and his agent. Sometimes you don't get deals done. Gareth Bale, we were probably behind all along, Real Madrid were well in for it.

"The Cesc one was disappointing. It was very close. And Toni Kroos came up in January - it was done.

"A lot of players come into Manchester United and have not necessarily made the difference. But I think that, given time and having got to this period, I would have hoped I would be working with a successful team now."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38424155

He had 0 chance with any of those players lmao.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:57 pm

He's going to get sacked by Sunderland rofl

from Man Utd to only getting Championship job offers in 3 years rofl
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:35 pm

After his Sunderland side's 2-2 draw at home vs Klopp's Liverpool, both goals scored from penalties, Moyes lauded his team for "the way they got up to Liverpool" and for "how they pressed them", telling the journalists that "Maybe If I was a German manager, you might praise that actually..you know.. if I had been German, you may have been saying 'great! you're doing something different'"

You tell'em, Moyesie
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:22 pm

Proud

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:07 pm

Gibson and Moyes having represented both Proud
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:36 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/apr/03/sunderland-david-moyes-tells-reporter-get-slap-bbc-vicki-sparks?CMP=share_btn_tw

ffs Moyesie. Who have you become?
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 22, 2017 5:34 pm

David Moyes resigns as Sunderland manager following Premier League relegation
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:08 am

Ex-Everton boss David Moyes is being reportedly lined up for a return to Goodison Park.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:03 pm

Hope they like relegation.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:13 am

Genius indeed. :bow:

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:11 pm

Don't understand it. West Ham have an alright team, willing to spend every summer..pretty big name. Why sign this scrub? they can do better.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:20 pm

They can't tbh.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:51 pm

I'm sure they can. There's about 500 million people on this planet with the last name Silva, and I'm sure every single one would be a better choice than Moyes.
The United thing has broken Moyes. He will no doubt West Ham get relegated.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:28 pm

6 month contract. I think all managers should have 6 month contracts. Very Happy
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:03 pm

Red Alert wrote:Rooney is better than RvP
The bantz back in the day was legendary
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:40 am

David Moyes' 6 year contract finally expired yesterday. What a ride. Proud

David Moyes is a Football Genius - Page 30 D-WDde-X4AA0VkD

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:04 pm

Everyone's jerking off about Hasenhüttl meanwhile David Moyes has West Ham 3 points above Southampton on 7th place

not even a proven insightful, smart, thoughtful and judicious Premier League expert like @Jay29 saw this coming
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:57 pm

What a bump
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:04 pm

He has made West Ham a quality side. Some really good transfers as well unlike his predecessors. Wonder how many stays though

Both Soucek and Rice are good enough to play for a traditional top 8 side.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:30 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:I'm sure they can. There's about 500 million people on this planet with the last name Silva, and I'm sure every single one would be a better choice than Moyes.
The United thing has broken Moyes. He will no doubt West Ham get relegated.

Firenze wrote:Don't understand it. West Ham have an alright team, willing to spend every summer..pretty big name. Why sign this scrub? they can do better.

because that is what we all think of Moyes :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next