Kick
JAY-Z
Onyx
RealGunner
Art Morte
94 posters

Page 3 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 32  Next

Go down

David Moyes is a Football Genius - Page 3 Empty Re: David Moyes is a Football Genius

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:24 pm

Yo , you man United fans are just spoiled. You can't really judge him based on the the team which his predecessor left behind.  Which, might I add was already a sinking ship on its last support.  We are so used to seeing United dominate, any thing less seems like a failure.  Personally, I would hold the players more accountable for their undoing.

Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

David Moyes is a Football Genius - Page 3 Empty Re: David Moyes is a Football Genius

Post by VendettaRed07 Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:42 pm

They are not spoiled. l don't think expecting united to not lose to Swansea in the FA cup right off the bat with the kind of team they have, sounds like the lofty expectations of deluded fans to me.

Their league position, is one thing. The top 7 PL teams have been just great this year.. But its not so much as where united are its how they have played. They have played awful, of course except against us where they looked like Bayern.. But other than that the difference in quality with Virtually the same squad has been absolutely ridiculous. Sure, Fergie probably didn't leave the team in the best position, with the defensive and midfield on the old side and weaker compared to their competition..But he filled those players with an unrelenting desire and will to win. The players believed in him and gave everything they had on the field...You should expect a drop off in quality when the greatest manager of all time just left after nearly 30 years at the helm, but l don't think anyone expected them to look this bad. The results are one thing, but Moyes has not had the team playing in a way that should convince anyone that its going to get better over time. The players don't play with belief in themselves or in each other.. And as sepi put it brilliantly, that most of United's best players are older and will need replacing soon.. lf moyes is around long enough hes going to fill the team with a bunch of Fellainis rather than star, united quality players.

Yes, there every manager needs an adjustment period and a time where he gets the benefit of the doubt, but that time has come and gone for moyes. He doesn't have a winning mentality or even the desire to win. He plays not to lose and often losses in the process.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:49 pm

It's one step forwards, twenty three steps backwards with Moyes Laughing
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:02 pm

Wouldn't mind seeing AVB at Man U tbh
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:48 pm

M99 wrote:Shows how good SAF was if it is indeed the team which is shit.

Tbf to Moyes, Carrick and Van Persie carried them last season.... two players which have hardly played this season.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:50 pm

Moyes is so average, why do you want him gone? United misery is delicious
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:51 pm

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:Yo , you man United fans are just spoiled. You can't really judge him based on the the team which his predecessor left behind.  Which, might I add was already a sinking ship on its last support.  We are so used to seeing United dominate, any thing less seems like a failure.  Personally, I would hold the players more accountable for their undoing.

7th in the league, 6 defeats, just got knocked out in the 3rd round of the FA cup at home to Swansea. Half the season gone and we've gone from winning the league by 11 points last season to that. That's why we're moaning and being frustrated. I guarantee you every other fanbase of big clubs with high expectations would be doing the same.

We knew the transition wasn't going to be smooth sailing, but no one would have thought it would be this bad.

I'll let the pic below explain just what a joke we've become:

David Moyes is a Football Genius - Page 3 1521239_636267089769499_1958033584_n

United teams of last season or the season before would have won v all of them at OT. This current Utd team shouldn't even be losing to these teams at OT....maybe a draw with the current Everton team. But the rest, we should be beating comfortably at home.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:03 pm

"Can't really judge him based on the the team which his predecessor left behind."

You mean the team that won the league and only a 40 year old Scholes has left?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:12 pm

Red i think that's a bit unfair....

We went to Old Trafford last year and lost 4-3 with pretty much a 2nd string and hit the bar/post 3 or 4 times only losing out to a last minute goal.

The difference between the two is just a difference in luck and besides....

Out of all those games you lost although i haven't seen Swansea game Everton, Spurs and West Brom were incredibly lucky.... watch that game back and Man U deserved to win those games and the ball just didn't drop their way ( about a time after years of it constantly going the other way) and the other team got insanely lucky especially Everton.

We were the only ones who went to OT and controlled the game and prevented Man Yoo from created the others just did a smash and grab.

So i don't agree with you on beating all them comfortably.... Spurs too beat you last season in a more impressive fashion than this year so i think its unfair to the teams concerned.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:14 pm

Speaking on behalf of all football fans in the world, I sincerely appreciate everything Mr Moyes has done at United thus far

May his reign at United's helm last as long as the Queen mum's did
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:30 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Red i think that's a bit unfair....

We went to Old Trafford last year and lost 4-3 with pretty much a 2nd string and hit the bar/post 3 or 4 times only losing out to a last minute goal.

The difference between the two is just a difference in luck and besides....

Out of all those games you lost although i haven't seen Swansea game Everton, Spurs and West Brom were incredibly lucky.... watch that game back and Man U deserved to win those games and the ball just didn't drop their way ( about a time after years of it constantly going the other way) and the other team got insanely lucky especially Everton.

We were the only ones who went to OT and controlled the game and prevented Man Yoo from created the others just did a smash and grab.

So i don't agree with you on beating all them comfortably.... Spurs too beat you last season in a more impressive fashion than this year so i think its unfair to the teams concerned.

Sorry about that Mole, I shouldn't have discredited NewC like that. NewC have def given us a hard match at OT in recent years. 1-1 2 years ago, a last min winner for us last season and you guys outplayed and defeated us this season.

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:35 pm

SAF to pull a Scholes and come back ?  Laughing 
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:48 pm

I love the secret agent Mole defending Moyes. Of course he would, he's the only chance that Newcastle would may be one day finish about Man Utd.

But yea, the squad who won the league with 12 points and by April last season is of course shit and terrible. Poor old Moyes' can't do anything with the shit that SAF left behind ....He needs to spend proper money on a proper midfield with an afro, O wait  Rolling Eyes 

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:51 pm

Valkyrja wrote:SAF to pull a Scholes and come back ?  Laughing 

not only SAF would be an upgrade, Paul Scholes STILL better than Cleverley  Laughing 
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:54 pm

It was his stupid philosophy that hes trying to apply to Utd which he deployed in Everton aka no attacking scheme at all just more composed to the game with only offensive remarks being set pieces and numerous longballs and hoofs from the flanks. Hes not trying to change it either and no amount of great signings will change that, he needs to go.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:05 am

Good times at Old Trafford.

Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:09 am

Moyes' face at the end lmfao
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:17 am

Buttner actually had the cross of the season in that game though

then he proved to everyone it was a fluke Proud
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:39 am

Lex wrote:Moyes' face at the end lmfao

Lex, out 1 to 10, how much are you enjoying United's current plight?
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:02 pm

Honestly I havent seen much difference in the manner we play this season and may be last or the ones previously.

Under SAF
Against Bottom half teams
We won on a regular basis by coming from behind
Against mid table teams
We drew and we even won cos of individual brilliance mainly when we played away and just edged past them at home.
Against top teams
We got 1 or 2 wins cos we were lucky (chelsea match last season and city match ) and in other games against them we drew (and that was mainly cos these arsenals and liverpools that time feared us, feared our reputation and feared fergie, so they played safe and tried not to lose simply )

So how many times we have played like total crap last season conceding early goals, and then suddenly in the last 10 or so mins doing just enough to nick 1 or 2 goals in and emerge victorious. Thing is we have been playing this kind of football but in the end getting 3 points in the bag, where as our opponents dropped points like we do now against weak teams.

And there in lies the basic difference between a SAF and Moyes. SAF had that unique quality to rally players and extract out of them to their limit when things start to look messy, where as moyes simply doesnt have that.

Thats why even average or below average players looked capable especially last season. And of course there was a red hot RvP.

Moyes might acquire that in the long run, that very quality and that could be the reason saf had picked him in the first place.
But in todays day and age, it could very well test the board's resolve to its limit.

Apart from that I dont see much difference between them.
Even Fergie had a shet team. But the important thing was he could produce results out of them.

Moyes is incredibly unlucky and super negative. But even fergie was a bit negative. Even earlier we sat back and protected leads but then cos of the fear of fergie players gave their everything. Regarding the luck hopefully it will change soon.

What I am trying to say is that its not cos of Moyes this fall , but cos of the players.

Therefore I will continue to back the coach for a max two years come what may this season. Next summer he can get the players he want, flush out all liabilities, the valencias, the youngs et al.  and build his own team. But if the plight doesnt change and also luck by 2015. Then I too will hop onto 'Moyes out' bandwagon.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:07 pm

futbol wrote:Good times at Old Trafford.

Proud
my sides Laughing
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:09 pm

David Moyes

Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:34 pm

futbol wrote:Good times at Old Trafford.

Proud

Had the 'fml' look.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:36 pm

Laughing

David Moyes is a Football Genius - Page 3 Img_2410
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:35 pm

LeSwagg James wrote:Laughing

David Moyes is a Football Genius - Page 3 Img_2410
DIE talent from Sir David Moyes :bow: Laughing

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:56 pm

David Moyes is a Football Genius - Page 3 73410810
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 32  Next