danyjr
Lord Spencer
futbol
LeBéninois
Gil
55 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

How highly do you rate Romelu Lukaku? Empty How highly do you rate Romelu Lukaku?

Post by Gil Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:41 pm

How good do you think he'll end up being?

Physically he's up there with Ibra in terms of size and pure strength and he's already stronger than Drogba ever was. The amazing thing is he beats both in terms of pure athleticism, he's extremely quick and only Falcao beats him in terms of vertical leaping ability.

He's still extremely raw though and I cringe whenever I see him need about 2 or 3 touches to control a simple lofted pass or miscontrol the ball when through on goal. His general awareness also needs alot of work, gets called for offside far too many times and his link up play, while decent still needs a bit of work. His biggest weakness though in my opinion is probably his shooting technique, his shots are even weaker than Iniesta's and there's no placement or subtlety in his finishing.

Still for such a raw player he's already scored 10 goals in the PL this year despite not being a consistent starter for his club. That's a terrific sign despite being a mediocre footballer, unlike shite footballers like Falcao, Gomez, Giroud, Ba & Hernandez he's still got a lot of time to develop his game considering he's only 19(!!!!)

I'd like to see him loaned to a smaller like club like Juve, Malaga, Dortmund, Atletico or Arsenal for example where he would surrounded by WC players and mentored by some of the greatest minds in football before he returns to Chelsea. He would get consistent game time over there and could learn alot from the likes of Pirlo, Marchisio, Wilshere, Isco, Reus, Vidal etc
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

How highly do you rate Romelu Lukaku? Empty Re: How highly do you rate Romelu Lukaku?

Post by LeBéninois Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:04 pm

Gil wrote:How good do you think he'll end up being?

Physically he's up there with Ibra in terms of size and pure strength and he's already stronger than Drogba ever was. The amazing thing is he beats both in terms of pure athleticism, he's extremely quick and only Falcao beats him in terms of vertical leaping ability.

He's still extremely raw though and I cringe whenever I see him need about 2 or 3 touches to control a simple lofted pass or miscontrol the ball when through on goal. His general awareness also needs alot of work, gets called for offside far too many times and his link up play, while decent still needs a bit of work. His biggest weakness though in my opinion is probably his shooting technique, his shots are even weaker than Iniesta's and there's no placement or subtlety in his finishing.

Still for such a raw player he's already scored 10 goals in the PL this year despite not being a consistent starter for his club. That's a terrific sign despite being a mediocre footballer, unlike shite footballers like Falcao, Gomez, Giroud, Ba & Hernandez he's still got a lot of time to develop his game considering he's only 19(!!!!)

I'd like to see him loaned to a smaller like club like Juve, Malaga, Dortmund, Atletico or Arsenal for example where he would surrounded by WC players and mentored by some of the greatest minds in football before he returns to Chelsea. He would get consistent game time over there and could learn alot from the likes of Pirlo, Marchisio, Wilshere, Isco, Reus, Vidal etc

i was confused there so i stopped reading

Last edited by Bénin on Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

How highly do you rate Romelu Lukaku? Empty Re: How highly do you rate Romelu Lukaku?

Post by futbol Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:06 pm

Gil wrote:I'd like to see him loaned to a smaller like club like Juve, Malaga, Dortmund, Atletico or Arsenal for example

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:14 pm

Not sure if serious or just trolling......

On another note, Ibra does not rely on his body as much as his skills and intelligence.

On a different note how the frak can you call Falcao a shite player when you were championing Torres during his time at chelsea.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:18 pm

:bow: Thread of the Year :bow:
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:21 pm

Best target-man in the world in 4-5 years.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:22 pm

Shite footballers can also be great scorers and f you can't see I was sarcastic about the whole Torres thing you're insane.

EDIT: I swear to God that smaller wasn't there when I posted that lol.

RG :facepalm:
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:31 pm

Even though, Falcao is far from Shite, and sarcasm is the emotion least conveyed in writing.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:39 pm

Gil wrote:Shite footballers can also be great scorers and f you can't see I was sarcastic about the whole Torres thing you're insane.

EDIT: I swear to God that smaller wasn't there when I posted that lol.

RG :facepalm:

The OP hasn't been edited at all or it would say so Laughing

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:41 pm

ib4gileditsoriginalpost
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:07 pm

Average.
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:24 pm

1. only one drogbahhhhhh no one would ever emulate him you can buy all the ba's and lukaku's it wont happen

2. he will never reach the likes gomez falcao dorito and etc

3. seriously the old lady a small club
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:25 pm

people are taking the bait Laughing
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:45 pm

oh Gill

fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:25 pm

I was about to lose faith in in this forum till this post

So much truth Proud

It is true that Juventus are not a big club. That team has had more scandals than Beruslconi's era as Italian PM.

cheers
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:14 pm

Arf! Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:23 am

Gil do I sense some Passive-Aggressiveness from you? Cause I doubt you would make a whole thesis for a player with trash cans as feet. Laughing
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:47 am

Meanwhile, Kakuta sits in a small, dimly lit room somewhere in the Netherlands, holding a plane ticket to Heathrow that expired two years ago, with a single tear running down his face, wondering when Mourinho'll call him back to Chelsea
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:52 am

someone went fishing here :fishing:
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:59 am

As for Lukaku, I'm a big fan. Looks big and strong and knows where the back of the net is

Hopefully, we can pick him up for peanuts next season
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:09 am

future city legend
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:24 am

People so caught up with typical Gil putting troll bait in his post they aren't even replying to what the thread was about...

I haven't seen quite enough of him to comment, only bits and pieces, but him being 19 he's still very raw so I can understand aspects of his game missing. These will improve in due time. I think he's got the body and the skill to be a great striker for a top club. I won't make any predictions aside from that because it can be hard to judge young players. To me he looks like he will be better than Drogba though, if he develops correctly.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:11 am

Lex wrote:Meanwhile, Kakuta sits in a small, dimly lit room somewhere in the Netherlands, holding a plane ticket to Heathrow that expired two years ago, with a single tear running down his face, wondering when Mourinho'll call him back to Chelsea

Kakuta got plenty fo game time (by Chelsea standards at least) under Carlo, the way things stand now hes right at the back of the line, tbh id be very surprised to see him get on the first teams bench again
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:56 pm

Agger and that entire Liverpool defense should be ashamed of themselves.

You can tell they were frightened as soon as he was brought on and then Agger easily gets done by a bit of skill lol, wasn't even anything particularly special and he still gets rinsed.

When he develops that first touch. :bow:

Last edited by Gil on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:58 pm

Utter monster :bow:
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next