McAgger
CBarca
•MilanDevil•
FalcaoPunch
sk19501
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How can I get really GOOD? - Page 2 Empty Re: How can I get really GOOD?

Post by Nishankly Wed May 29, 2013 2:32 am

Diet isnt that big an issue at this level imo. Just eat.

About the game, The others covered it thoroughly. As for defending at this level. Some obvious tips that coaches and players better than me gave me.

Always try to show the striker on his weaker foot.

Always release the ball in minimum 3 touches, You DON'T want to be the defender who is great at stopping but loses his nerve when he touches the ball.

SLIDING TACKLES - This is one thing that everyone loves to see and are very important in the game.

Flexibility, The ability to turn the way strikers turn while on the ball.

I read that you are fast, That's a plus point. So here's one thing, Its pretty obvious but if you focus on this while defending you get the better of the forwards most times. So a striker is coming at you, Dont charge like a chicken, Wait for the guy to take a touch, The moment he takes that touch you can move towards him, Dont go to fast or he might go through you using a simple change in direction. The moment he takes that touch, You go press him, He has 2 options, Pass under pressure, Try to dribble using a longer touch or change in direction. If he passes, good for him, If he tries the other option, You're fast you'll probably get the ball through a slide or press him until he has no other option but to pass. This is just one scenario, Keep it in mind its works very well.

For passing what i used to do was, I chose a wall, took some chalk and made a rectangle. Kept passing the ball at it, Shooting at it until i used to hit it all the time, When my success ratio went higher, Distance from where i passed became longer, ands soon the rectangle became smaller. This helps too in accuracy.

Also there will be people better than you, There will be people worse than you who could get the better of you on some given day. What is important is that you are confident, The moment you start doubting yourself, It affects your entire game. Its a big step back. Dont lose confidence, Bad days come and go, Your talent remains the same!

Hope i helped, All the best to your future endeavors in football Very Happy

Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Wed May 29, 2013 7:00 pm

Wish I was young again... My parents said school was the most important thing, and it made me eventually give up footy, even though many said I had talent. Anyway, u dont need much talent to play in the Norwegian league lol, only dedication.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by sk19501 Wed May 29, 2013 11:19 pm

Wow, thanks for all of the advice guys. I have indeed been trying to get much more confident and it's working. I played today against my (future) captain, and he told me he noticed alot of improvement, as well as the fact that he did not want to admit that he couldn't get by me Thumbs up . So I guess mentality and confidence are the most important then? I have noticed that I do choke when I get the ball.

sk19501
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu May 30, 2013 12:03 am

First touch practice is a good shout.

I mean when I play football I basically poach and run about as much as I can to pressure the opposition. I'm not techincally that good but I can pass well.

But even for me, there's very little as frustrating than softly rolling the ball into your teammates feet only to have him lean back and *bleep* his touch up then get the ball nicked from his feet.

A good first touch, good decision making and work ethic will undoubtedly get you noticed by the coach.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Thu May 30, 2013 12:10 am

Always stay calm, I find that I play my best when I am calm thats when I can think of my next move.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sk19501 Fri May 31, 2013 11:17 pm

Ok, now that we have the tactics part down, here's to physique. I've been running half a mile every day as well as scrimmaging one vs. one against my friend. What else can we do to become stronger on the field? I already lift 3x a week on top of the half mile daily. Anything else to improve our reflexes and agility?

sk19501
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sk19501 Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:10 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiCF0Mip1kU&feature=c4-overview&list=UUyHagr4vdMmjZSRS6tDx6CA

How do you guys think he got to be so comfortable with the ball? I'd like to do an eighth of what he's doing!

sk19501
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sk19501 Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:00 pm

bump.

sk19501
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2