Iker Casillas rates Ramos ahead of CR7 for Ballon d'Or

+3
Valkyrja
Cyborg
Nedved
7 posters

Go down

Iker Casillas rates Ramos ahead of CR7 for Ballon d'Or  Empty Iker Casillas rates Ramos ahead of CR7 for Ballon d'Or

Post by Nedved Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:53 pm

In his picks for the Ballon d'Or he gave Sergio Ramos 5 points, Cristiano Ronaldo 3 and Xavi 1. I am trying to understand Iker:)
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Iker Casillas rates Ramos ahead of CR7 for Ballon d'Or  Empty Re: Iker Casillas rates Ramos ahead of CR7 for Ballon d'Or

Post by Cyborg Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:33 pm

why would he choose ramos, knowing that he has no chance at winning it.

is it that he doesnt like or rate ronaldo? come one

i dont knw what is going on. i would love to be in a real madrid training session to know exactly what i going on

i hear that ramos is the real captain of real madrid now. casillas' leadership is faltering.

Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Iker Casillas rates Ramos ahead of CR7 for Ballon d'Or  Empty Re: Iker Casillas rates Ramos ahead of CR7 for Ballon d'Or

Post by Valkyrja Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:17 pm

Cyborg wrote:why would he choose ramos, knowing that he has no chance at winning it.

i dont knw what is going on. i would love to be in a real madrid training session to know exactly what i going on

i hear that ramos is the real captain of real madrid now. casillas' leadership is faltering.

I think it's like that since Raul left. Casillas isn't a born leader like El siete.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:29 pm

Cyborg wrote:why would he choose ramos, knowing that he has no chance at winning it.

Because football ain't about individual awards and he felt like paying respect to his club and national team teammate who had a great season. Ramos has always been a leader , just his nature . He's vocal with his opinions and he pushes for things to happen.

Casillas can't do much if the coach is literally trying to personally battle him. He can either get rid of the coach (which he can) or he can sit back and let it play out in the hopes the team can still salvage the season.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:37 pm

If Iker thinks Ramos deserves to be voted ahead of Ronaldo, with Messi & Iniesta not even in his list, then only reason to think so is not football, but something else. For a club captain to do this is cheap.

No wonder CR7 is not happy at RM. I won't be surprised if he leaves next season to Man U.

Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:41 pm

Le Samourai wrote:

Because football ain't about individual awards and he felt like paying respect to his club and national team teammate who had a great season. Ramos has always been a leader , just his nature . He's vocal with his opinions and he pushes for things to happen.

Casillas can't do much if the coach is literally trying to personally battle him. He can either get rid of the coach (which he can) or he can sit back and let it play out in the hopes the team can still salvage the season.

rofl
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:38 pm

With voting like this it's hard to give any credibility to the awards, Messi may be the better player but Ronaldo had a better year and deserved to win. There's nothing classy about what Casillas did, he could have shown his love or whatever for Ramos by voting him as third choice behind Ronaldo and Xavi but chose to do otherwise. I don't really want to read too much into it :facepalm:
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:11 am

buddytaller wrote:With voting like this it's hard to give any credibility to the awards, Messi may be the better player but Ronaldo had a better year and deserved to win. There's nothing classy about what Casillas did, he could have shown his love or whatever for Ramos by voting him as third choice behind Ronaldo and Xavi but chose to do otherwise. I don't really want to read too much into it :facepalm:

I fully agree . This '' i vote for my friend or my team mate '' is ridiculous. Vuvinic's ( Montenegro's cap ) top 3 are only juventus players. How sad
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:19 am

Bénin wrote:
buddytaller wrote:With voting like this it's hard to give any credibility to the awards, Messi may be the better player but Ronaldo had a better year and deserved to win. There's nothing classy about what Casillas did, he could have shown his love or whatever for Ramos by voting him as third choice behind Ronaldo and Xavi but chose to do otherwise. I don't really want to read too much into it :facepalm:

I fully agree . This '' i vote for my friend or my team mate '' is ridiculous. Vuvinic's ( Montenegro's cap ) top 3 are only juventus players. How sad

yea. its the best player in the world not your best friend.

but there is no way to stop this, players will always vote for people they know.

i remember when it was understood that a player had to win a trophy to be considered best player. the last few have been so ridiculous.

i may be bias but the 2010 balon dor should have been sniejder's. world cup finalist and top scorer, champions league winner, seria a league and cup winner.

this year, 2012 you can argue that ronaldo had a greater impact in football games. la liga winner, champion league semi finalist and euro semi finalist. the best player had to help his team to win something.

fifa is so annoying, balon dor should have never merged with fifa.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:33 am

I agree, why vote for a player that has no chance of winning when you can give the 5 points to Cristiano who is the only player who had a chance to beat Messi (even if it was slim??

Every point counts.. Casillas should of just 'taken one for the team'
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down