Red Alert
donttreadonred
RedOranje
Art Morte
McAgger
32 posters

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15 - Page 13 Empty Re: Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15

Post by Helmer Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:17 pm

Don't call me James wrote:I think his injury problems are (or will very soon be) over. Kind of like RVP early in his career being marred with injuries. No matter who you are, you couldn't possibly have so much shit luck for your whole career.

bah gawd, I dont know how you managed to put such a bold post out there ! Even Courtinho would struggle to digest such optimism Laughing

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15 - Page 13 Empty Re: Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15

Post by mr-r34 Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:46 pm

Don't call me James wrote:I think his injury problems are (or will very soon be) over. Kind of like RVP early in his career being marred with injuries. No matter who you are, you couldn't possibly have so much shit luck for your whole career.

*bleep* you, yeah *bleep* you, serouisly *bleep* you and your jynx.

FML this guy DS, mate his injury prone.

He is now behind origi in our strikers list. So that Leaves bentekers and Ings, we need a new striker, if DS doesn't get fit this season and spends it all on the sidelines, sorry mate but 140k charity a week can go to a world class stiker who plays.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:14 pm

How much will you sell him for?

And will you sell him to a rival?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:15 pm

Yeah, at this point, I wouldn't be sad if he was sold in January. Obviously he won't be, but this is ridiculous and hugely frustrating.

Maybe a Sturridge - Mahrez swap :coffee:
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:15 pm

RealGunner wrote:How much will you sell him for?

And will you sell him to a rival?

RG pls, you've got Welbeck.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:20 pm

Need to kick Giroud out of the club

I think Sturridge will get over his injuries at some point like RVP. We know he can play more than 30 matches a season. Just need a good run of 10 matches

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:24 pm

Walcott and Oxlade-Chamberlain and we'll call it a deal smoking
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:50 pm

Sorry if posted before

"Gerrard says in book that Sturridge wont play unless he is 100% mentally about his body. Says he had to beg him to play v Utd & he scored. Medical team told Gerrard that Sturridge was fine to play but Sturridge wasnt sure. Gerrard begged him on morning of game."
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:52 pm

You aint getting my signature on the paper for this transaction, Art.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:18 pm

RealGunner wrote:Sorry if posted before

"Gerrard says in book that Sturridge wont play unless he is 100% mentally about his body. Says he had to beg him to play v Utd & he scored. Medical team told Gerrard that Sturridge was fine to play but Sturridge wasnt sure. Gerrard begged him on morning of game."
if that is true Liverpool should sell him as soon as possible. beg him to play Shocked Shocked
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:20 pm

Nishankly wrote:You aint getting my signature on the paper for this transaction, Art.

But honestly, what do you need this kind of player for? I don't remember which ex-footballer it was that said "you're almost never 100% fit during the season, there are always the little niggles and knocks, but you play through it". Something like that. Might have been Shearer, I'm not sure. If the quote RG posted is true, Sturridge will never be more than a dozen-games-a-season player. I'd rather not have such a player at all.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:53 pm

Art Morte wrote:Walcott and Oxlade-Chamberlain and we'll call it a deal smoking

I like the deal albino

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:23 pm

Art Morte wrote:

Nishankly wrote:You aint getting my signature on the paper for this transaction, Art.

But honestly, what do you need this kind of player for? I don't remember which ex-footballer it was that said "you're almost never 100% fit during the season, there are always the little niggles and knocks, but you play through it". Something like that. Might have been Shearer, I'm not sure. If the quote RG posted is true, Sturridge will never be more than a dozen-games-a-season player. I'd rather not have such a player at all.

He's mentally wrecked obviously, Both Klopp and Gerrard saw it. Unlike other guys he knows he's one of the best strikers of the PL and could easily be the best striker in England's current generation, He doesn't want to risk it. He needs help, Both physical and mental.

We know what he's about when he's fit and we should be the last people to say sell him atleast for a little more while, I would understand if this was Diaby or Fabio Aurelio or *bleep* Phillipe Degen.

There's obviously a lot of sentiment attached to this but i'm confident Sturridge is going better his 69 games 42 goals record for Liverpool.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:32 pm

I don't know, if he's going to average something like 10 PL games a season, I don't care what his goals ratio is, I want more reliable people at the club.

No, I don't want him sold in 2016, but if this same shit goes on next season, I'll swap him for Agbonlahor for all I care.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:04 pm

Klopp would be the best thing that could have happened to Sturridge ! As Klopp quite openly talked about this current issue so he knows what the problem is.

The most important thing is, Klopp also spoke about Firmino when asked about strikers so it seems like Klopp already has plans in place about how to go around this striker situation. Also, Klopp avoided three-four times talking about Benteke and his quality Laughing when asked by journalists. He doesnt like talking about just one player but more about team. So I think he is fed up with questions about Studge also Laughing

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:49 am

I think Sturridge is not on good terms with klopp tbh. klopp said Henderson is knocking on his door asking for 10-15 mins of play. Sturridge is shying off with a sore foot. read into that what you will. but it seems to me like klopp is telling us what the attitude is like with both players.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:23 am

Sturridge doesn't even look happy in training pics I've seen either. Looks gassed in almost all of them, or unhappy in others.

I don't think he's going to make it under Klopp. Good talent, but just doesn't have a winner's drive it seems. Any player that needs other players or people to force them to play or motivate them needs some serious psychological help if they want to succeed at the highest level...and we should be aiming for the highest level.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:30 am

He's had over 10 injuries on the same leg.

It's not like he doesn't want to play, he's "refusing" (if that's the right word) to play out of fear.

I mean, he COULD be on the pitch, but he'd have the same mentality as Torres and his downfall. He won't be the same player.

Oh, and he's arguably one of the few players in the current squad that has a "winner's drive". Laughing
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:04 am

One of the few players that has a winner's menality which is why he needs other players to beg him to get over a little niggle and get on the field.

Right.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:40 pm

Curtinho wrote:One of the few players that has a winner's menality which is why he needs other players to beg him to get over a little niggle and get on the field.

Right.
spot on.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:47 pm

Unique wrote:I think Sturridge is not on good terms with klopp tbh. klopp said Henderson is knocking on his door asking for 10-15 mins of play. Sturridge is shying off with a sore foot. read into that what you will. but it seems to me like klopp is telling us what the attitude is like with both players.

Curtinho wrote:Sturridge doesn't even look happy in training pics I've seen either. Looks gassed in almost all of them, or unhappy in others.

I don't think he's going to make it under Klopp. Good talent, but just doesn't have a winner's drive it seems. Any player that needs other players or people to force them to play or motivate them needs some serious psychological help if they want to succeed at the highest level...and we should be aiming for the highest level.

I think both of you are jumping the gun, and reading much too much into it.
First of all, Curtinho, you should know better than to think you can conclude from training pics how happy a player is.
And if he looks 'gassed', well that might be because he hasn't trained in a long time.
Which is exactly what Klopp said, that it's normal a player's body would have to adapt again to intensive training and get a feel for his fitness.
I can't imagine why Klopp would have any problem with his attitude, at least he's not saying anything about it.

If you read that into Klopp's presser, you're misunderstanding it IMO.
The thing about having to be begged to play etc is just hearsay and you're combining to with snippets to build a narrative.

If anything, Klopp's saying that only because of Sturridge's immense quality there's even the question, or temptation, to think about throwing him in so early, while the real situation according to Klopp is that they have to stay patient.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:45 pm

Why Sturridge wouldn't want to play??? He isn't like Enrique, Cole etc. who were accumulating retirement fund from us. I thik his mental state is a residue of recurring injuries. Yes, he is fragile (physically and mentally) than others and that's hurting us ATM. But his fragility (both) can be overcome, and don't forget the quality he brings.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:46 pm

I've got your back, Danny Lad.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:50 am

Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15 - Page 13 Pg-68-11
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:02 pm

Sturridge out few a few weeks again. jesus wept
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:53 am

rofl

Need a new number 9.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next