Red Alert
donttreadonred
RedOranje
Art Morte
McAgger
32 posters

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15 - Page 5 Empty Re: Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15

Post by RedOranje Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:42 pm

Almost certain that reports of the loan move specified that there is no option to recall him before the end of his stint.

RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15 - Page 5 Empty Re: Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15

Post by free_cat Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:04 pm

Told you Borini sucked. Never understood why Liverpool payed 11 milion for him after his more than unimpressive season at Roma.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:31 pm

something-red wrote: How can you say Borini is limited and say Aspas will get good? I honestly don't see it. In fact, it's the other way around. What exactly has Aspas shown or done to suggest he will become good? And before you mention he's playing out of position, so was Borini and you continued to attack him.

Also, Sunderland is a mess. We should honestly call back Borini, because there's no chance in hell he'll get on the pitch there. Too much politics involved with Di Canio gone. Won't be surprised if S'land go down.  
For starters, Aspas got an assist on his debut and was very impressive. He was decent in the Villa game as well. The atmosphere in the Man Utd got to him I suppose and gave him a taste of PL football. Not to mention this is his first season in England.

Borini, on the other hand, has been in England for quite some time now. His poaching instincts are impressive though, I must say. 2 goals in 20 games is a fantastic return.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:30 am

Are you really giving Aspas credit for the assist? He just passed it to Sturridge. Laughing Daniel's shot from outside the box was the reason he scored. Not because it was put on the plate for him. Decent isn't actually good enough...

If the atmosphere got to him against United, what got to him against Swansea?

Also, you make it sound like Borini played in the premier league before last season. He played at reserve level / championship ffs. He never played in the premier league. And you and I both know that most of the "20 games" were off the bench in the 80th onwards minute mark and struggled with injury for majority of his first season.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:27 pm

The hate is strong with this thread...

Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15 - Page 5 Palpatine
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:15 pm

Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15 - Page 5 BXCFewECAAAWjLb
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:13 pm

24-year-old can't stop scoring for the Reds

Daniel Sturridge has praised the role of top sports psychiatrist Dr Steve Peters in the flying start he's made to his Liverpool FC career.

The £12million striker netted a stunning lob in Saturday's 4-1 thrashing of West Brom – his 21 goal in just 27 appearances for the Reds.

Peters, who is credited by cyclists Chris Hoy and Victoria Pendleton as the man behind their Olympic triumphs, has worked at Melwood for the past 12 months.

“Steve has helped a lot in terms of mindset,” Sturridge said.

“He’s all about self-belief: don’t go out there with the mentality of trying to do something, just let it happen.

“I saw Didier (Drogba) in Miami this summer. He said the strongest thing an individual footballer can have is the mental. It’s not about the tactical, it’s not about the technical, it’s not about the physical. If you believe in yourself, that will set you apart.”

Peters recently asked Sturridge to mark his Anfield career so far out of 10. The bad news for top flight defenders is that the 24-year-old insists his best is yet to come.

He said: “Steve told me to say high but I’ve never been one to be comfortable. I’m uncomfortable getting comfortable.

“I think, for my capacity as a footballer, I’d say a seven out of 10. Probably even six — I’m being kind to myself saying a seven. I can do a lot better than I’m doing now.”

Sturridge has always been his own harshest critic but a change of mindset, coupled with the faith shown in him by Reds boss Brendan Rodgers, has enabled him to flourish.

“I usually dwell on the bad points but I’ve learnt to appreciate the good,” he said. “My dad’s been surprised. I’ve been a certain way since I was seven — hard on myself and I hate losing.

“We only lost two tournaments, my school team, but I remember them like yesterday and don’t remember the wins. I’m talking under-9s. I gotta let it go!

“Even if I score three goals, I’ve probably had 10 chances, so should have scored five. I’ll never get complacent.

“I’ve been playing football a long time and the only thing that’s changed from when you’re 17 are the pressures, the crowd, the press. I’m the same kid I was before. I have the same abilities. I’m really happy how I’ve improved.

“Brendan has helped me tactically. He’s been hard on me at times but knows everyone’s games inside out. Off the field everybody gets along. You want to play for each other and die for each other on the field.

“Me and Luis (Suarez) haven’t played together long and we’re near enough always on opposite teams in training. There’s not much chance to learn each other’s moves but together we just click. We’ve not worked on it, it just happens.

“In Liverpool it's down-to-earth, hard-working people, just like where I grew up in Birmingham. My dad said it’s the same mentality. The passion for football’s unbelievable.

“People in the street know the game. Even the Everton fans, I haven’t had any abuse off them..... until I score against them in the derby!”
Proud
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:29 am

Have any one noticed that Borini have scored (for Sunderland)!!! Have any one watched that game! How was he!!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:46 am

Yeah we're discussing it in the loan thread. It was a very nice goal.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:18 pm

Interview wrote:England striker Daniel Sturridge has confirmed he is fit to face Germany on Tuesday after receiving treatment on his foot injury.

The 24-year-old had been a doubt for the match at Wembley after suffering the knock while on duty for club side Liverpool. He missed Friday's 2-0 defeat to Chile as a result.

But Sturridge told reporters at a press conference: "I've had a lot of treatment over the last few days and been working very hard to make sure I'm OK. I'm going to train today and I'm ready to go for the game.

Sturridge ready for Germany
"It is not a serious injury so I hope it doesn't linger on. I've been playing with it for the last couple of games and it has been hindering my performance. But it is not a problem for me, I'm delighted that the pain is not as bad and I'm looking forward to the game."

Sturridge started both of England's most recent World Cup qualifiers - the 4-1 win over Montenegro, in which he scored, and the 2-0 victory over Poland.

He has been in superb form for his club side so far this season, scoring eight Premier League goals in 11 appearances.

He admitted it had been difficult to have this momentum interrupted by missing Friday's game.

"God willing, I'll remain fit and if I can do that then I am sure the opportunities will be there."
Daniel Sturridge
"It's frustrating," he said. "For me it is important to play for England and an opportunity I am relishing. If I can remain fit, that is what is important for me.

"But God willing, I'll remain fit and if I can do that then I am sure the opportunities will be there and I'll be able to take them.

"The important thing is to work hard and not worry about anything other than playing football."
hmm I hope he comes home just fine

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:22 pm

I expect he'll only play a part of the Merseyside Derby if he doesn't miss it entirely. He's aggravated his injury with England and will start tomorrow even with that issue.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:22 pm

i think he should take this slow...he will surely get few more chances to prove himself for NT

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:12 am

http://instagram.com/p/iEUl60nNb1/#

Sturridge just uploaded this video on instagram.

Ibe. Laughing

Ilori exists!
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:26 pm

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-joy-daniel-sturridge-returns-2995437
Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15 - Page 5 Liverpool-FC-Training-Session-2864966

BACK TO FULL TRAINING YAAAAAAAAAS. Might even play away at Stoke. God knows we need him :bow: :bow: :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:06 am

The GOAT is back. Cool 
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:11 pm

I hope there is no single doubt that Daniel Sturridge is our second best player in the current squad.

Absolute monster.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:13 pm

I love the guy so much. I can't get enough of him ffs. I felt this weird animosity towards him when he first arrived from Chelsea and I was slightly unhappy with signing a Chelsea reject but the second he scored against United it's been all been uphill. Arguably my favorite player right now. Definitely buying his name on the back of my next kit.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:26 pm

All of his goals this season.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:07 am

Scored in every game this season bar Southampton and Arsenal.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:31 am

And Fulham

But nonetheless very impressive
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:08 am

McAgger wrote:All of his goals this season.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

THIS POST NEEDS UPDATING
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:26 am

It's sad this thread don't have ANY posts after such a performance.

Career Total: 65 in 174
For Liverpool: 27 in 34
This Season: 16 in 18
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:00 pm

I'll update after he scores a few more, same for Suarez. Meanwhile you can find his latest goal gifs RedAlert posted in the matchday thread
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:31 am

All of his goals this season. Updated

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited by McAgger on Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:53 am; edited 19 times in total
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:30 am

‏@BBCMOTD
The @BBCMOTD Goal of the Month, chosen by 39% of voters, was Daniel Sturridge against Everton.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:08 am

Sturridge now averages a goal contribution per game for Liverpool – thirty goals and seven assists in thirty-seven appearances.

Proud Proud Proud
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next