Red Alert
donttreadonred
RedOranje
Art Morte
McAgger
32 posters

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15 Empty Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15

Post by McAgger Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:14 pm

Both of them have 1 goal to their names this season. Borini will be back soon as well so he'll feel like a January signing. Who will outscore whom in the next 6 months? Leave your predictions here, it should make for a nice bump at the end of the season.

EDIT: Changed the title

Last edited by Don't call me James on Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:49 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Changed the title to accomondate my boi Studge)
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15 Empty Re: Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15

Post by Art Morte Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:26 pm

Sturridge.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15 Empty Re: Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15

Post by RedOranje Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:50 pm

I expect Sturridge to score more goals by virtue of playing through the middle while Borini will likely play out wide for most of his appearances except when the squad is rotated for cup matches.

I also think Sturridge is the more dangerous goal threat of the the two while Borini is probably the more tactically intelligent and better team player of the two... which will only play into the goal difference more.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:11 pm

My money is on Sturridge, if only because I think he'll play more often and more centrally. He's the more developed player at the moment, and I expect his performance to reflect that.

That's not to discount Borini, as I have high hopes for this kid. He has shown himself to be very tactically aware and hungry in his time with Swansea and (more importantly) Roma. The best case scenario is that the injury has given him time to settle in and remove some of the expectations after his summer move. I think he will be used as a rotation option with Sterling, and Downing for the 3rd spot in the front three, as well as the obvious option at back-up striker.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:15 pm

Fair enough, all three of you think Sturridge. I'm putting my money on Borini. I think he'll explode once he comes back. His problem was just settling in.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:22 am

By the end of the season, I feel Sturridge will have more in all comps. Although I do feel that Borini will become the better player.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:31 am

:bow: Borini

Embarassed can we have him back nd u get destro?
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:40 am

I think Sturridge will score more but I think Borini is the overall better player and will do better overall for you guys. Love the kid and I hope he succeeds with Liverpool, his injury was unfortunate.

Looking forward to seeing Borini back in action and hopefully tearing it up (except for Spurs of course, but looking at recent history I'm confident Borini or not Razz)
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:42 am

I wonder how we'll line up to be honest.

Borini Suarez Sturridge
vs
Suarez Borini Sturridge
vs
Borini Sturridge Suarez

They'll obviously be interchanging throughout the game, but I'd like to see who leads the line.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:55 am

I'd guess that one of Borini or Sturridge will start most games on the bench. I think it will be Borini when he comes back from injury, unless Sturridge has a shocker in January.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:11 am

Sturdige will score more, at the present hes the better player and is the fitter of the two, althoguh in the long term Borini is your man, the kids a real gem

#saveuschelsearejects Razz
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:05 pm

More like your future
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:37 pm

Sturridge.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:38 pm

just happy to read that Borini is back in training Very Happy
difficult to say in long term but for next 6 months it's surely sturridge

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by HOXTYGEN Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:37 pm

i 'd wager you on sturridge to score more AggerSwagger.......
HOXTYGEN
HOXTYGEN
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:56 pm

HOXTYGEN wrote:i 'd wager you on sturridge to score more AggerSwagger.......
rofl

Welcome to...
Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15 Band_wagon_effect
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:30 pm

Sad

Hoxty I'll agree if we do it for next season. I don't think Sturridge has left me with much choice here.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon May 13, 2013 1:22 am

We don't have appreciation threads for Borini and Sturridge so I'm just going to change the title on this one and make it a conjoined appreciation thread for both players.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon May 13, 2013 8:12 am

Still feel Borini is more natural striker of the two but Daniel is a lot better as of now. The only thing Sturridge has over Borini is experience to be fair. I find Borini more talented. But maybe it's just me.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon May 13, 2013 5:21 pm

I also think Borini is underrated by us, but mostly because we haven't really been able to see what he can really do. Consistent playing time is what he needs.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon May 13, 2013 6:11 pm

Carroll >>> Borini
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon May 13, 2013 11:37 pm

Art Morte wrote:Carroll >>> Borini

woahhhh woahhh , lets not go mad, we haven't even seen much from borini yet to say this, but from what i've seen he is a better option for us everyday over andy.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue May 14, 2013 12:42 am

ynwa wrote:Still feel Borini is more natural striker of the two but Daniel is a lot better as of now. The only thing Sturridge has over Borini is experience to be fair. I find Borini more talented. But maybe it's just me.

rofl

The only thing Borini has on Sturridge is work-rate and maybe movement (though Sturridge's movement has been great at times). Sturridge has more pace, better first touch, better finisher, better vision.

Please.....I like both players. but I can already see people bumming Sturridge's ass next season if he goes on a 3 match barren run

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue May 14, 2013 6:09 am

Harry Redknapp wrote:
ynwa wrote:Still feel Borini is more natural striker of the two but Daniel is a lot better as of now. The only thing Sturridge has over Borini is experience to be fair. I find Borini more talented. But maybe it's just me.

rofl

The only thing Borini has on Sturridge is work-rate and maybe movement (though Sturridge's movement has been great at times). Sturridge has more pace, better first touch, better finisher, better vision.

Please.....I like both players. but I can already see people bumming Sturridge's ass next season if he goes on a 3 match barren run

Depends how you define talent. Sturridge has the edge, yet Borini has shown more intelligence & better ambidexterity to which Sturridge falls short of at times.

Both talented players in their own rights as comparing them in such a manner is harsh given one has had barely a chance to prove himself.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Tue May 14, 2013 7:25 am

this.. even the work-rate part is arguable tbh

Borini lacks physicality for the PL but unfortunately isn't talented enough to make up for it like Coutinho. The only thing good about him is his positional sense. He has no pace, no tricks, average finisher.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next