Iker Casillas

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Iker Casillas - Page 5 Empty Re: Iker Casillas

Post by The Messiah on Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:59 pm

Neuer would have saved both goals...

The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Posts : 6153
Join date : 2011-06-05

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Iker Casillas - Page 5 Empty Re: Iker Casillas

Post by vanDEEZ on Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:13 am

@The Messiah wrote:Neuer would have saved both goals...

and what makes you think that? all the trophies neuer has won?
vanDEEZ
vanDEEZ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 5869
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Iker Casillas - Page 5 Empty Re: Iker Casillas

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:34 am

Benzema was at fault for the free kick and defenders for the first none of which Iker could of done anything about.

Nice try though.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Iker Casillas - Page 5 Empty Re: Iker Casillas

Post by Donuts on Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:46 am

@vanDEEZ wrote:
@The Messiah wrote:Neuer would have saved both goals...

and what makes you think that? all the trophies neuer has won?
Torres must be the worlds best player in all football history, world cup winner, 2 Euros and champions.

_________________
https://i.imgur.com/i6BMgLU.gif
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Toronto
Posts : 5710
Join date : 2012-06-27
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Iker Casillas - Page 5 Empty Re: Iker Casillas

Post by harhar11 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:57 am

@Donuts wrote:
@vanDEEZ wrote:
@The Messiah wrote:Neuer would have saved both goals...

and what makes you think that? all the trophies neuer has won?
Torres must be the worlds best player in all football history, world cup winner, 2 Euros and champions.

I reckon he deserves Ballon dor this season :coffee:

_________________
Iker Casillas - Page 5 CFmNixJXIAEVZ2A

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3646
Join date : 2011-06-11

Back to top Go down

Iker Casillas - Page 5 Empty Re: Iker Casillas

Post by billionmillion on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:19 am

At least Casillas doesnt concede stupid goals like Valdes

_________________
Iker Casillas - Page 5 Afghan10
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 2440
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Iker Casillas - Page 5 Empty Re: Iker Casillas

Post by billy_gr on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:21 am

still one of the best keepers i've seen.
not his best season so far though
on the other hand Valdes No
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3453
Join date : 2011-06-29
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Iker Casillas - Page 5 Empty Re: Iker Casillas

Post by vanDEEZ on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:36 am

@Donuts wrote:
@vanDEEZ wrote:
@The Messiah wrote:Neuer would have saved both goals...

and what makes you think that? all the trophies neuer has won?
Torres must be the worlds best player in all football history, world cup winner, 2 Euros and champions.

ya and iker's contribution v torres' contribution is comparable. good one.

anyways i was referring to iker's individual trophies (golden gloves, zamora, worlds best keeper 4 years running), not so much team trophies, though do you really think neuer could have saved both those goals?
vanDEEZ
vanDEEZ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 5869
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Iker Casillas - Page 5 Empty Re: Iker Casillas

Post by rwo power on Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:26 am

@vanDEEZ wrote:anyways i was referring to iker's individual trophies (golden gloves, zamora, worlds best keeper 4 years running), not so much team trophies, though do you really think neuer could have saved both those goals?
Well, I still think that the World's Best Keeper Award in 2011 should have gone to Neuer after his CL heroics with Schalke. But unfortunately some individual rewards are given out as popularity contests and not really on merit. As for Zamora - in Germany the "Weiße Weste" is only awarded since 2008 anyway, and Manuel Neuer actually did win it twice and he's leading this season already, too. Moreover, Manuel Neuer is atm 4th in the all-time world ranking for minutes without conceding over all competitiomns with 1147 minutes (behind only Edwin van der Sar, Abel Resino Gomez and Vitor Baia). He was also voted Germany's Best Player in 2011 as one of the very rare GKs to get this award (in other years this went to Reus, Robben, Ribéry, Gomez, Klose, Ballack etc - you see the pattern).

_________________
Iker Casillas - Page 5 Ys-jum10
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Philadelphia Union
Posts : 20978
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Iker Casillas - Page 5 Empty Re: Iker Casillas

Post by Muzza on Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:04 pm

@billionmillion wrote:At least Casillas doesnt concede stupid goals like Valdes

yes he does. there's youtube compilations of cassilas blunders.

Muzza
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 154
Join date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Iker Casillas - Page 5 Empty Re: Iker Casillas

Post by Pedram on Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:09 pm

@Muzza wrote:
@billionmillion wrote:At least Casillas doesnt concede stupid goals like Valdes

yes he does. there's youtube compilations of cassilas blunders.

I can find a collection of Messi's blunders too, youtube is not a indication.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 5910
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Iker Casillas - Page 5 Empty Re: Iker Casillas

Post by Lex on Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:22 pm

@Pedram wrote:I can find a collection of Messi's blunders too
Good for you

Casillas still concedes stupid goals, though

_________________
Iker Casillas - Page 5 Giphy

@The_Badger wrote:Chelsea fans forget that they are only where they are due to the ill-gotten gains of their owner who had people murdered to make his fortune.

Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia
Posts : 14818
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Iker Casillas - Page 5 Empty Re: Iker Casillas

Post by Pedram on Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:33 pm

@Lex wrote:
@Pedram wrote:I can find a collection of Messi's blunders too
Good for you

Casillas still concedes stupid goals, though

Tell me who doesn't.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 5910
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Iker Casillas - Page 5 Empty Re: Iker Casillas

Post by DuringTheWar on Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:46 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:
how is that? put any other keeper there and tell me who would've saved those goals.

@vanDEEZ wrote:theres nothing any keeper could have done about either of the goals.

Nah, watch the fk again, casillas was standing way too far away. Was a good effort by messi to get it over the wall, but the Fk wasnt in the corner and it wasnt at a high velocity, if casillas was in the ideal starting point it was savable imo. Dont know if he thought messi was going to go the other way after the last one he scored against him, that might be why


_________________
Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2870
Join date : 2012-01-03

Back to top Go down

Iker Casillas - Page 5 Empty Re: Iker Casillas

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:59 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:
how is that? put any other keeper there and tell me who would've saved those goals.

@vanDEEZ wrote:theres nothing any keeper could have done about either of the goals.

Nah, watch the fk again, casillas was standing way too far away. Was a good effort by messi to get it over the wall, but the Fk wasnt in the corner and it wasnt at a high velocity, if casillas was in the ideal starting point it was savable imo. Dont know if he thought messi was going to go the other way after the last one he scored against him, that might be why


And if Benzema had actually jumped it would of hit the wall

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Iker Casillas - Page 5 Empty Re: Iker Casillas

Post by Arquitecto on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:23 pm

@rwo power wrote:
@vanDEEZ wrote:anyways i was referring to iker's individual trophies (golden gloves, zamora, worlds best keeper 4 years running), not so much team trophies, though do you really think neuer could have saved both those goals?
Well, I still think that the World's Best Keeper Award in 2011 should have gone to Neuer after his CL heroics with Schalke. But unfortunately some individual rewards are given out as popularity contests and not really on merit. As for Zamora - in Germany the "Weiße Weste" is only awarded since 2008 anyway, and Manuel Neuer actually did win it twice and he's leading this season already, too. Moreover, Manuel Neuer is atm 4th in the all-time world ranking for minutes without conceding over all competitiomns with 1147 minutes (behind only Edwin van der Sar, Abel Resino Gomez and Vitor Baia). He was also voted Germany's Best Player in 2011 as one of the very rare GKs to get this award (in other years this went to Reus, Robben, Ribéry, Gomez, Klose, Ballack etc - you see the pattern).

You have a strong basis for the 2011 for Neuer but his mistake vs Lyon first GS match, and especially the 2nd Leg Man UTD match convinced me enough that Casillas deserved it more considering Iker like Neuer saved his team countless times yet at a higher level and obvious pressure. Casillas deserved it.

GK awards may be a popularity contest but Casillas isn't one who is overly favoured by Awards as it is as this has been well documented. So therefore his win in this aspect is also justified.

And its a GK's performance is not quantified by by minutes conceded as Bayern that year in the beginning of the season were incredibly dominant as Neuer rarely had to do anything drastic and wasn't exactly tested. Same case against Van Der Sar although Resino is an exception due to him truly being heroic in his guardar despues de guardar heroics for Atletico.

That being said, Neuer deserves a real trophy this season.

_________________
Iker Casillas - Page 5 504px-Zazpiak_Bat.svg
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Sociedad
Posts : 9278
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Iker Casillas - Page 5 Empty Re: Iker Casillas

Post by FennecFox7 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:32 pm

@billionmillion wrote:At least Casillas doesnt concede stupid goals like Valdes
Just like in the super cup right?
OR in the same game where valdes failed to cover his near post properly.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6608
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Iker Casillas - Page 5 Empty Re: Iker Casillas

Post by rwo power on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:02 pm

@Arquitecto wrote:
@rwo power wrote:
@vanDEEZ wrote:anyways i was referring to iker's individual trophies (golden gloves, zamora, worlds best keeper 4 years running), not so much team trophies, though do you really think neuer could have saved both those goals?
Well, I still think that the World's Best Keeper Award in 2011 should have gone to Neuer after his CL heroics with Schalke. But unfortunately some individual rewards are given out as popularity contests and not really on merit. As for Zamora - in Germany the "Weiße Weste" is only awarded since 2008 anyway, and Manuel Neuer actually did win it twice and he's leading this season already, too. Moreover, Manuel Neuer is atm 4th in the all-time world ranking for minutes without conceding over all competitiomns with 1147 minutes (behind only Edwin van der Sar, Abel Resino Gomez and Vitor Baia). He was also voted Germany's Best Player in 2011 as one of the very rare GKs to get this award (in other years this went to Reus, Robben, Ribéry, Gomez, Klose, Ballack etc - you see the pattern).

You have a strong basis for the 2011 for Neuer but his mistake vs Lyon first GS match, and especially the 2nd Leg Man UTD match convinced me enough that Casillas deserved it more considering Iker like Neuer saved his team countless times yet at a higher level and obvious pressure. Casillas deserved it.

GK awards may be a popularity contest but Casillas isn't one who is overly favoured by Awards as it is as this has been well documented. So therefore his win in this aspect is also justified.

And its a GK's performance is not quantified by by minutes conceded as Bayern that year in the beginning of the season were incredibly dominant as Neuer rarely had to do anything drastic and wasn't exactly tested. Same case against Van Der Sar although Resino is an exception due to him truly being heroic in his guardar despues de guardar heroics for Atletico.

That being said, Neuer deserves a real trophy this season.
Well, I usually try to keep away from the "X is better than Y" oder "X is the best evar" contests in any case, I just would like to see Manuel Neuer's talent and ability acknowledged, too. Personally, I'm totally no fan of the popularity contests, which is why I prefer statistics as these are at least somewhat more objective. As for trophies - I would really love to see Manuel Neuer win the treble with Bayern this season Very Happy

_________________
Iker Casillas - Page 5 Ys-jum10
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Philadelphia Union
Posts : 20978
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Iker Casillas - Page 5 Empty Re: Iker Casillas

Post by Muzza on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:08 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:
@billionmillion wrote:At least Casillas doesnt concede stupid goals like Valdes
Just like in the super cup right?
OR in the same game where valdes failed to cover his near post properly.

this makes no sense or am i reading it wrong

Muzza
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 154
Join date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Iker Casillas - Page 5 Empty Re: Iker Casillas

Post by Onyx on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:31 pm

I don't think the criteria for being the best GK in the World = Never making any mistakes.
Onyx
Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 39982
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Iker Casillas - Page 5 Empty Re: Iker Casillas

Post by The Sanchez on Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:47 am

Casillas seems to like to punch instead of catch the ball. In some cases, goalkeepers will need to punch the ball because catching is a very unrealistic option. However seen him too often trying to punch when he can simply play it safe and catch the damn ball. Still, when he does, comes off his line well and keeps his eye on the ball and hits the damn thing.
Best keeper and makes less mistakes than Cech. Nueur could overtake his reign but atm Iker is the king.
Can Barca fans seriously stop this crap about arguments with Casillas. Valdes makes errors, Casillas as well though Casillas doesn't make as many friking goalscoring errors than Valdes does. Can we admit when one keeper is better than another... ffss...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3916
Join date : 2011-09-23
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Iker Casillas - Page 5 Empty Re: Iker Casillas

Post by huntsman on Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:48 pm

@huntsman wrote:Nothing new really. I have told you about all of this and more since more than one year ago. Anyhow, the media and the future has just caught up with us.

Iker Problematic, last bad apple, and the dagger in the heart of real madrid at it again. Until when? I ll leave that for you to decide.
I think we can put this to rest now.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs
Posts : 2609
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Iker Casillas - Page 5 Empty Re: Iker Casillas

Post by Onyx on Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:51 pm

Casillas isn't doing anything to hurt Real Madrid. Just by being he isn't doing anything wrong. It's not his fault he's viewed as an elite player and legend, which possibly affects others.
Onyx
Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 39982
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Iker Casillas - Page 5 Empty Re: Iker Casillas

Post by huntsman on Sat May 24, 2014 8:38 pm

Iker made me laugh today. i actually enjoyed the first half thanks to Iker.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs
Posts : 2609
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Iker Casillas - Page 5 Empty Re: Iker Casillas

Post by Lord Awesome on Sat May 24, 2014 10:43 pm

Lost respect for Casillas since last year. Shame that him & Ramos were part of the team that won this year.

But that Varane tho. :bow:

_________________
Iker Casillas - Page 5 AS-Monaco-icon
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 5678
Join date : 2011-06-10
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Iker Casillas - Page 5 Empty Re: Iker Casillas

Post by titosantill on Sun May 25, 2014 10:32 pm

lol people getting their panties in a bunch over iker's errors....we still won the game, end off...no ifs, ands or buts.....one of the greatest goalies oliver kahn made a huge mistake in a world cup final and his team lost that game.....so chill out with the iker bit
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4193
Join date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

Iker Casillas - Page 5 Empty Re: Iker Casillas

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum