donttreadonred
Le Samourai
RedOranje
McAgger
Red Alert
20 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Official Europa League thread! - Page 2 Empty Re: Official Europa League thread!

Post by Red Alert Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:49 am

Lucky it's only Hearts then.

Likes of Sterling and Suso could be involved, with us playing the strongest team possible for Man City.

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Official Europa League thread! - Page 2 Empty Re: Official Europa League thread!

Post by Fahim89 Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:09 am

ynwa wrote:Lucky it's only Hearts then.

Likes of Sterling and Suso could be involved, with us playing the strongest team possible for Man City.

Yep then if necessary we can field a stronger team in the Home fixture & bring out another Gomel Performance Thumbs up
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:12 pm

Spearing, Henderson & Shelvy in midfield and perhaps Kelly in RB. If things go well then early substitution of Suarez & Borini.

But I think we will field the full team. Rodgers might try build a momentum early on.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:15 am

No Spearing.

He's no better than Suso, and Henderson is better "shielding" the back four.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:04 am

ynwa wrote:No Spearing.

He's no better than Suso, and Henderson is better "shielding" the back four.

Have to disagree on this cause both Spearing & Hendo are HORRIBLE in the discussed role. .
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:10 pm

Europa League play-off round vs Hearts:

First Leg: Away, on 23rd August at 7.45pm BST,

Second Leg: Home, on 30th August at 08.05pm BST.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:24 pm

After the Hearts game are we into group stages?

(provided we win of course Razz )
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:45 pm

Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:After the Hearts game are we into group stages?

Yes, and what's really telling about the gulf in class between Hearts and us is that their manager said he is hopeful of signing a striker with the cash that will be generated by these two fixtures.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:50 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:After the Hearts game are we into group stages?

Yes, and what's really telling about the gulf in class between Hearts and us is that their manager said he is hopeful of signing a striker with the cash that will be generated by these two fixtures.

Stop, some difference really.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:32 pm

Liverpool FC ‏@LFC

Udinese drawn in Europa League Group A alongside #LFC

Two more teams to be drafted. . .
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:35 pm

Liverpool FC ‏@LFC

Young Boys of Switzerland join #LFC and Udinese in Group A

A trip to Switzerland & Italy. . . One more to go!
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:42 pm

Group A: Liverpool, Udinese, Young Boys, Anzhi

Very Happy
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:55 pm

Fahim89 wrote:Group A: Liverpool, Udinese, Young Boys, Anzhi

Very Happy

That's one tough group. Looking forward to these games!
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:35 pm

Europa league of death? Very Happy

is europa seeded the way CL is? and if so which pot were we in, and how were anzhi and udinese not in it?
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:39 pm

I can see us having a good deal of trouble in our away games... will need to get maximum points from the home matches, IMO.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:09 am

Bring it on I say. Should be fun. Very Happy
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:00 am

There goes our hope of sparing the likes of Suarez, Gerrard from some EL games (& assorted travel).

I think Anzi will be the main competition, Udinese don't take EL seriously.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:07 am

iftikhar wrote:There goes our hope of sparing the likes of Suarez, Gerrard from some EL games (& assorted travel).

I think Anzi will be the main competition, Udinese don't take EL seriously.

Will be interesting to see if Suarez (and some other key players) play in all of these games. Probably not, I mean, won't they get exhausted? So it could very well be that we end up fielding a second-string side and Udinese, too, so I wouldn't say we don't have to worry about them.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:16 am

Mad I wanted an easy ride in the group stages. We should still win the group but it will take some tough battles though Mad
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:19 am

I think it's wide open between Anzhi, Udinese and us who'll win the group. In fact I won't be too upset if we fail to progress because this is a tough group and domestic competition is more important.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:47 am

Art Morte wrote:I think it's wide open between Anzhi, Udinese and us who'll win the group. In fact I won't be too upset if we fail to progress because this is a tough group and domestic competition is more important.

Shocked you don't want to win the whole thing???? We have 3 UEFA Cups, winning one more would put us as the sole record holder for most UEFA Cup/EL wins cheers I rather get knocked out of League Cup and FA Cup instead of EL. More prestige and more money Thumbs up
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:04 am

Sure I'd like to win it but not at any cost. If we have an EL game on a Thursday and BPL game on the weekend, I rather rest the most important players for the BPL game.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:56 am

I think its a must to get through the group stage. The knockout rounds don't start till late February and by then we will know if we actually have a genuine chance of at the title, at the 4th spot, whatever. If we lose out on the 4th spot by December like last season then EL would be a great competition to focus on, don't you think?? And if we are still are in a good spot in the league by late Feb then we can just field youngsters and focus on PL.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:22 pm

For me Morgan & Yesil would get good runs in this competition specially in the away trips . . . . . hmm
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:25 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:I think its a must to get through the group stage. The knockout rounds don't start till late February and by then we will know if we actually have a genuine chance of at the title, at the 4th spot, whatever. If we lose out on the 4th spot by December like last season then EL would be a great competition to focus on, don't you think?? And if we are still are in a good spot in the league by late Feb then we can just field youngsters and focus on PL.
It would definitely be advantageous to get out of the group stage. I was really hoping we wouldn't be stuck in such a high-profile group, but that's the luck of the draw. My worry is our lack of depth in attack. Like Art said, we could easily wear out some of our first-choice attackers by playing them in every fixture in the BPL and EL.

We need to find a balance, and we need to do it quickly. Maybe play Suarez as CF for League and Borini for EL, with the other on the bench for a possible sub appearance. We may even see Yessil and Morgan get a start here and there. In addition, some sort of rotation for the wing spots between Assaidi, Sterling, Cole, Pacheco, and whoever ends up in this pool needs to be established. Playing Sterling in both competitions could seriously effect his development and possibly cause an injury. Assaidi, while yet to be given his debut, will be called upon to contribute quite a bit in both competitions. Cole and Pacheco will most likely be needed to put in a shift in order to give the more regular starters a break.

Between the two competitions, this squad and managerial staff will be tested over the next few months. BR has his work cut out for him, but he also has the opportunity to prove why we brought him in and gave him the reins of the club. The good news is that if we make it out of the group, the elimination stages don't start until February. That gives us another window to bring in a few reinforcements.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:29 pm

I think BR has to do his calculations very neat and tidy while seleceting teams for europa league, EPL, FA cup...according to oppenent liverpool faces, he can select wide players or strikers. The good thing is many young lads who are eager to break into the first team will get chances to show their talent. So he can make use of such enthusiasm and energy among likes of suso, pacheco, morgan...
I think he will try to have a mixture of senior and young players. Although many are worried about attach trio, I am worried about midfield. The problem with the midfield is, the role which is played by Allen (or lucas), will be difficult for other players (I mean not effective in BR style).
But another positive is Downing, it gives not only a new option for left back but also an advantage in attack.
Specially Gerrard and Suarez have to be used efficiently.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next