Onyx
SuperMAG
halamadrid2
Mr Nick09
Adit
40 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

HIGGY STAYING HATERS AND BIATCHES!!!! - Page 7 Empty Re: HIGGY STAYING HATERS AND BIATCHES!!!!

Post by Clandestino Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:39 pm

sportsczy wrote:ESPN doesn't separate stats for starts and subs... they give goals and assists in total. So how did you do that? LaughingLaughingLaughing

And the TOTAL stats they have include preseason, friendlies and NT, which are entirely irrelevant to official competitions with Madrid Laughing

Why don't you link where you got your numbers if you don't mind. I don't want to start calling you bad names if it's unwarranted.

Well, I got them from here:
http://espnfc.com/player/_/id/46858/karim-benzema?cc=5739
http://espnfc.com/player/_/id/67310/gonzalo-higua%C3%ADn?cc=5739

I usually get them off AS and Marca, but since I needed the stats from CL I didn't feel the need to go on two sites to get them because this one has a nice overview quality for all official competitions .

Clandestino
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

HIGGY STAYING HATERS AND BIATCHES!!!! - Page 7 Empty Re: HIGGY STAYING HATERS AND BIATCHES!!!!

Post by sportsczy Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:44 pm

OK... that does not separate the goal column to separate for goals while starting and goals while in as a sub. You couldn't have gotten that from ESPN. Where did you get your ratio per start from? It's not from the sources you linked.

Edit: If you can't answer for one reason or another, don't. It's not important. Just for future reference, note your source please. I'm a bit of a stickler with stats since i uses them a lot for a living.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:12 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Sports, one thing is clear. He didn't play as well as the stats seem to indicate. Whether that is due to not being given the correct role or opportunities is debatable, but he certainly wasn't the better than all the guys below him who played 3000+ minutes.
Before the last match, this was the complete picture for all his 4 years here

HIGGY STAYING HATERS AND BIATCHES!!!! - Page 7 Benzemahiggy

Not that this is using transfermarkt assist count, which have been known to inflate the real amount(other sites like opta for example have a lower assist count for both, but it's impossible to get this info for previous years).

Clearly not the superior player sports would have us believe.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Clandestino Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:12 pm

sportsczy wrote:OK... that does not separate the goal column to separate for goals while starting and goals while in as a sub. You couldn't have gotten that from ESPN. Where did you get your ratio per start from? It's not from the sources you linked.

Edit: If you can't answer for one reason or another, don't. It's not important. Just for future reference, note your source please. I'm a bit of a stickler with stats since i uses them a lot for a living.

Ahh, now I understand! I should have written X goals IN games started not PER game started - my bad. All I did was divide the goals with starts, that's how I got the ratio. The whole purpose of the stat was to show how Pipita scores a goal in less minutes played and after that how he needs less shots to score a goal, which I still believe is true at least for the last two seasons.

I see now that you take your stats very seriously so I'll ask you for advice about that whenever I am in doubt, however I'd also encourage you to lighten up a bit on them and not take them as the only measure of a player's worth Smile

Clandestino
Clandestino
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:26 pm

I have no doubt Benzema is a better player - or at the very least has the higher ceiling after watching them both for quite a while. It has little to do with stats and to me it is little relevant. This is a debate that should not exist.

It was never a choice between him and Benzema. If it was then it was a stupid choice. Choosing between two players who compliment each other is as dumb as it gets.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:46 pm

I'm done with comparing the two. I'm not going to convince anyone who's set in his Higuain love and i'm not going to be convinced either.

But i will attack anyone who randomly goes off on Benz for no reason. That i can guarantee you eco smile There's no reason to tear a player down because you are upset that your favorite one is gone.

Personally, i wanted Benz to leave because he's limited at Madrid and he has a lot more to give... but oh well.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:00 am

I talk so much shit about benzema because it pains me to see him waste that talent.

Cr should teach him a few things or so. Hopefully the new manager instills confidence in him. I believe on his day he truly is the best striker in the world bar ibra
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by raulmadrid4vr Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:33 am

Le Samourai wrote:I only disagree with the notion that Benz has gotten anything from Perez. Though Perez is a fan, the mere fact that Benz has been the secure starter for all of 1 year out of four - coinciding with Higuain's injury and during which time he had about 40 goals and 20 assists - to me puts that notion to rest.

He was lucky to get his chance, he retained his spot for a period of time based on performances - and barring being favored to a on form Higuain in the latter half of last season - he has been done no favors.

His freedom and contribution has been as constricted as Higuain's - and neither of them deserve the ultimately futile position they found themselves in a broken system exacerbated by a unfeasible rotation system, merely at the root of a larger series of childish and regressive management practices.

My opinion of both are higher than most's opinion of either and I have consistently refused to see it as one against the other. Because they fit together. If this club had even an ounce of vision they would have both gradually replaced Raul and eventually formed the ideal duo.

They would have been complimented by players that actually put them in positions to succeed, and it's my conjectural stupid childish belief that here - 4 years later we would be falling over ourselves bragging that we have the best duo of forwards in world football - not merely talented but completely cohesive and complimentary.

But who needs a team? Who needs players that fit? We have the money to blindly spend it on the biggest and the best and then celebrate in our own ignorance. I'm 17 and I feel as though loving this club is eating away at my soul, and I have 50 more years of punishment to endure....and the worst thing is it's never the losing. It's this foolishness, it's the process, it's the seasons of garbage and the summers of shame. It's a cycle, never ending,
for every success there is 50 little failures.

It's pointless.

All thanks to perez. Cristiano's presence ruined both higuain and benzema. Instead of both playing up front, or cristiano being made to support them, higuain was left isolated or as a winger. benzema was more of a midfielder than striker. all while cristiano scored tap ins and took all the credit.
raulmadrid4vr
raulmadrid4vr
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:14 am

not entirely true

Both have missed some truly shocking opportunities. It wasnt that bad
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7