SuperMAG
Gomez83
VanDeezNuts
raulmadrid4vr
I Have Mono
13 posters

Go down

Would Madrid be a better and more balanced team without CR7

Where would Madrid be without CR7 ? Vote_lcap31%Where would Madrid be without CR7 ? Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 8 ]
Where would Madrid be without CR7 ? Vote_lcap15%Where would Madrid be without CR7 ? Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 4 ]
Where would Madrid be without CR7 ? Vote_lcap15%Where would Madrid be without CR7 ? Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 4 ]
Where would Madrid be without CR7 ? Vote_lcap19%Where would Madrid be without CR7 ? Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 5 ]
Where would Madrid be without CR7 ? Vote_lcap19%Where would Madrid be without CR7 ? Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 26

Where would Madrid be without CR7 ? Empty Where would Madrid be without CR7 ?

Post by I Have Mono Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:15 am

This isn't because of the game today but would Madrid be a better team without CR7 ?

Before you start bitching read the post. 

There's no denying that CR7 is a great player and that the team relies upon him; however, I am curious if Madrid fans think that the team would be better of without him. To me he's a volume shooter and messes up the rhythm of the offense and demands the ball to much  For all the games he can win Madrid he can lose them games as well. 

I feel that the team doesn't have good balance (distribution of shots , time spent with the ball, etc) because of him and could be a lot more productive without him. 

Now I love comparing players between sports and the reason I brought up the question of Madrid possibly being better without CR7 is because of the situation with Kobe Bryant and the Lakers (for those who don't know Kobe has been injuried and the Lakers look a lot better without him [better ball movement] and are 4-1 without him). 

To me parts of CR7 and Kobe Bryant are very comparable because the both demand the ball to much, jack up to many shots, and ruin the flow of the offense. As many games as they've won their teams they've also lost games due to disappearing acts/poor shooting.

For those that are saying this is a bullshit comparison Phil Jackson wrote in his Autobiography that Kobe messed up the rhythm of his Triangle offense telling team mates to "get him the *bleep* ball." Mourinho stated that he read Phil Jacksons books, watches other sports and one might assume he uses parts of the Lakers Triangle offense which is based of passing, movement and always have 2 passes available to whoever has the ball. 
So common sense should say that CR7 is destroying Mourinho's and Madrids offense. 

I feel the Lakers would be better off without Kobe and a role player at SG. 

So do Madrid fans feel the same about CR7. 

P.S. No Shit that there are differences between CR7 and Kobe but that's not what I'm asking. 

Rather would the team be More Balanced and thus better without CR7 ?

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Where would Madrid be without CR7 ? Empty Re: Where would Madrid be without CR7 ?

Post by raulmadrid4vr Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:01 am

i was the first to say this and nobody believed me. i have been saying this since he was in manchester. but this is not a good season to say this. since the last classico he has improved in this aspect. but he should still be SUBBED off a lot more and BENCHED a lot more.
raulmadrid4vr
raulmadrid4vr
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Where would Madrid be without CR7 ? Empty Re: Where would Madrid be without CR7 ?

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:12 am

tough to say..

i mean people there was a time when we didnt have ronaldo and there will be a time when we dont have ronaldo.

but to engage this topic: we would definitely be less dangerous, score less goals. i dont think we would be a as big a threat as we are now.

but then who do we sign.. i feel like this thread assumes we would be able to find another wc player who would fit in instantly and make us more balanced.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:02 am

vanDEEZ wrote:tough to say..

i mean people there was a time when we didnt have ronaldo and there will be a time when we dont have ronaldo.

but to engage this topic: we would definitely be less dangerous, score less goals. i dont think we would be a as big a threat as we are now.

but then who do we sign.. i feel like this thread assumes we would be able to find another wc player who would fit in instantly and make us more balanced.

I dont agree that the team would be definitely less dangerous as the attack would be more balanced and harder to stop. I think the front 3 of Benz Ozil and Di Maria would pick up their goal scoring while whoever came in at LW(or RW and moving Di Maria to the LW) would still score but obviously not as much.

The stat thread shows that Madrid do most of their attacking down the left. Which makes the attack easier to stop as it is predictable.

Wouldnt have to fit in instantly either,
........Higuain.................................Benz
Benz Ozil Di Maria................Di Maria Kaka Ozil
Would suffice for a short time, but yes a winger that would fit in (more passing, less shooting) would need to be found.

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomez83 Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:09 am

You guys may not value my opinion being a Barca fan but the way I see CR7 is he usually is shut down in big games, his big goal tally is beautiful and all but it leaves a bitter taste when you see him mess up against Bayern or Barcelona, aka big teams, maybe it is just bad luck but not entirely his fault.
He isn't given the chance to play against big star teams other than Barcelona and in today's case Bayern, though he has been improving against Barca.
Gomez83
Gomez83
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:26 am

Gomez83 wrote:You guys may not value my opinion being a Barca fan but the way I see CR7 is he usually is shut down in big games, his big goal tally is beautiful and all but it leaves a bitter taste when you see him mess up against Bayern or Barcelona, aka big teams, maybe it is just bad luck but not entirely his fault.
He isn't given the chance to play against big star teams other than Barcelona and in today's case Bayern, though he has been improving against Barca.

I'm neutral and value any reasonable opinion. Part of the problem of him being shut down can be blamed on himself and not willing to pass.
Part of the problem though is also they don't have a RW also. Di Maria may play on the right and in a winger position but his lack of a right foot hurts the team as he always has to cut inside. Arbeloa at RB doesn't really help either. RB DM and 1 CB are the only positions needed to stop Madrids attack.

I don't seem being able to exploit Alaba at LB against Bayern or any LB.

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:40 am

No and stop with the bullshit

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:36 am

why do people think higuain, kaka, maria are better then ronaldo, they are 1000 times worse, ronaldo is not perfect but he is better then those.

if we had another players that can be better, i would have considered moving ronaldo to CF and flushing out the other forwards, including our beloved benzmea, but we dont have other great attacking players.

We need top class future ballonare type of players, like neymar (LF), Ozil (AMC), ??? (RF has to lefty) and Ronaldo (CF).

We need better midfeilders then two of the most slowest midfiedlers, DM like Vidal, ding ding Ramos, may be mvila i donno.

We need better RB/LB.

the thing is, we need to hit the market hard next summer. its required.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:21 pm

I don’t get u guys…
CRonaldo scores screamers vs Athletico -> he is the most complete player out there
CRonaldo disappears in a game -> we would be better without him

Make up your mind…
P.S. obviously he is an asset to your team no matter how some of u make it to appear
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:25 pm

billy_gr wrote:I don’t get u guys…
CRonaldo scores screamers vs Athletico -> he is the most complete player out there

Make up your mind…
P.S. obviously he is an asset to your team no matter how some of u make it to appear

The kneejerkers and Ultra Raulistas on one side, the inbetweeners/casuals/theorists, and the non-kneejerkers on the other side. I thought you'd be used to it by now, Billy Smile
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:21 pm

billy_gr wrote:I don’t get u guys…

Make up your mind…
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Baraa Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:49 pm

:facepalm:
Baraa
Baraa
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:57 pm

What a fickle bunch.

Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:05 pm

Seppuku wrote:What a fickle bunch.

Back to top Go down

Post by stunt Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:06 pm

Madrid fans :facepalm:

This guy has 58 goals this season. Just shut your mouth. Learn to support your team and its' players even if you don't like them.

stunt
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:18 pm

seriously , what bullshit
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:26 pm

:facepalm:
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:07 pm

Wow some of you guy must not even know how to read; or you just read to poll question and bitched.
"the aspect of getting good shots and opportunities, setting it up and deploying the defense while committing to an extra pass or two (is similar)"

It's a valid question that if Kobe messed up Phil Jackson's offense and Mourinho bases his offense on the same principles than CR7 would mess up Mourinhos offense.

http://blog.lakers.com/lakers/2011/03/16/the-art-of-coaching/

And knee jerk ? :facepalm:

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down