USA USA USA!!!

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Go down

USA USA USA!!! - Page 15 Empty Re: USA USA USA!!!

Post by Warrior on Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:20 am

When i hear it on radio this morning i was quite surprised... our first victory vs USA since 30 years can you *bleeping* believe :facepalm:

Very lucky to play in CONCACAF where all nations except Mexico have mediocre teams that are built only on strength and running. In the end Gold Cup and Nations League have no importance, exhibition games from european NTs are more interesting, what really matters are the 3½ spots for World Cup 2022. You will qualify and we won't.

Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis on Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:36 pm

@Clutch wrote:I honestly think that Americans just dont understand the sport. They treat it like basketball or football when it comes to evaluations or it's just super political and the good players slip through. I played at a very competitive level growing up and they're are some really good players I've came across, I dont know what happened to them though. Most of those players were foreign also tbf

Yup, there are stories like this all over. Had these kids lived in Europe, South America or even Mexico, they would've had a much better chance of getting discovered and that talent being nurtured to higher levels of the game. Would they have ultimately made it? Some would've, others wouldn't have. Either way, they would've had a much better chance than they do here.

And that's because, for some mystifying reason, soccer is still seen as a sport of the affluent and suburban where everywhere else, it's the sport of the poor. That's American capitalism for you though. We can monetize literally anything, even a sport that requires essentially nothing more than a ball at your feet. The lack of access or path to progress gated by significant costs in the youth game was a major topic in the run up to the USSF elections. Everyone knows there's a problem, there just isn't much will to change things to solve it. USSF are raking in far too much money with the current model and if they can keep polishing the turd that is our Men's program to gaslight people into thinking it's not as shitty as it actually is, they'll do that as long as they can get away with it.

Only way to change things is stop watching this awful team, both on TV and in person. I have 0 incentive to watch them as of now so this will be easy. I'll spend my money and TV time watching the Women's and youth teams instead.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis on Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:14 pm

Also, it should be noted that Tata Martino, Oscar Pareja and Julen Lopetegui all expressed interest in the USMNT job before Berhalter got the job.

The reason why Lopetegui and Martino didn't even get an interview? Their English wasn't good enough.

The absolute fucking state of this federation Laughing
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:31 pm

Martino was coaching a MLS team wasn't he? Kansas City? Atlanta? Dallas? (Remember it was something with lots of A's lol) Apparently the language barrier wasn't that big of a problem there.

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis on Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:38 pm

Not only did he coach Atlanta, he won an MLS cup with them. Language was absolutely not a barrier then and Atlanta reaped the dividends. It paints the USSF in an even worse light.

And now he's coaching Mexico, who destroyed us in our last meeting.

Deserved karma imo.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:44 am

@McLewis wrote:Also, it should be noted that Tata Martino, Oscar Pareja and Julen Lopetegui all expressed interest in the USMNT job before Berhalter got the job.

The reason why Lopetegui and Martino didn't even get an interview? Their English wasn't good enough.

Imagine rejecting a coach with Barcelona and Argentina in their CV Laughing Laughing Laughing

Admin
Admin

Club Supported : River Plate

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis on Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:33 pm

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:
@McLewis wrote:Also, it should be noted that Tata Martino, Oscar Pareja and Julen Lopetegui all expressed interest in the USMNT job before Berhalter got the job.

Imagine rejecting a coach with Barcelona and Argentina in their CV Laughing Laughing Laughing

I laugh at this delusion in order not to rage. The arrogance of the USSF knows absolutely no limits.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum