When Mourinho leaves who should we replace him with?

+55
RedOranje
Cyborg
DeletedUser#1
REWB
Gil
Adit
King Meyy
Kick
Error
chad4401
RealGunner
Doc
stront96
sportsczy
Goal Digger
hrealmadrid
raulmadrid4vr
buddytaller
Mr Nick09
Zealous
FalcaoPunch
rwo power
Future
FennecFox7
Xifio
Real Kandahar
LuckAndWin
McAgger
Freeza
Nedved
Valkyrja
guest7
Lupi
StevieRayVaughan
Jack Daniels
StrugaRock
VanDeezNuts
the xcx
DeviAngel
Art Morte
halamadrid2
Mamad
LeVersacci
SuperMAG
Pedram
teamanarchy
punkfusion1992
S32TABLANCA
The Madrid One
stunt
Babun
Yuri Yukuv
Die Borussen
Senor Penguin
Onyx
59 posters

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

When Mourinho leaves who should we replace him with? - Page 18 Empty Re: When Mourinho leaves who should we replace him with?

Post by Doc Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:27 pm

Wait, Carlo's still coming? I thought we personally put sand in PSG's vagina and they aren't talking to us.

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

When Mourinho leaves who should we replace him with? - Page 18 Empty Re: When Mourinho leaves who should we replace him with?

Post by sportsczy Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:30 pm

I hate to say it... and i will get crushed for this... but until we move away from being so CR7 centric and actually put together a system that takes advantage of all our players' talents, we've peaked. If you haven't noticed, as soon as we play opponents that can match our talent fairly well, we're usually outplayed. This has to stop. He can shoot 250 times and be happy... doesn't need to take 450 Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:31 pm

@Doc, Correspondant close to PSG and Madrid confirm that from both side, RM are extremely confident in getting Carlo (no one talks about Heynckes) and Carlo has decided to go. there has been no official contact between clubs yet, but as soon as tomorrow when Perez officially signs as president, things will heat up. We are going to pay his last year of contract and he will be released. that's what i am hearing anyway.

@Z, we say that every year but reality is that we need to start building in a different direction. would be very interesting to see what Carlo does with our team, he can go 4411 or 41212 depending of the players we sign.

i really like the 41212 but it always look as though teams that use intense wing play will stretch you apart, but i could easily see
casillas
carvajal rafa ramos marcelo
thiago
CM--------Isco
Ozil
Cavani----CR

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:32 pm

Our system will change with the new coach hopefully. We won't play the same one as we did under Mourinho.

Is Ancelotti one dimensional in terms of attacking? Or is he better?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:33 pm

Thiago wouldn't really work as a lone DM. He's an attacking CM. In fact he doesn't suit Xavi's role either. He looks like he's forced into it at times.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:42 pm

you mean the same way Pirlo never worked for milan right?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:51 pm

Pirlo had a defensive back 4 of Cafu, Maldini, Costacurta and Nesta.... and his partner were Gattuso and Seedorf. Very different.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:56 pm

fair enough sports, lets scrap it then. if carlo can work some kind of 4411 with CR inside i will forever bow to him i swear
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:03 pm

I don't know what Carlo is going to do. He went at Ibra hard for taking shots from bad position early in the season... it's going to be interesting how CR7 reacts to it. Carlo is a perfectionist on the pitch. He doesn't like players taking liberties. He even got angry at Ibra for not running enough Laughing But Ibra respected him and really stopped taking crazy shots completely after the first 2 months. Still didn't run much at times Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:06 pm

sportsczy wrote:I don't know what Carlo is going to do. He went at Ibra hard for taking shots from bad position early in the season... it's going to be interesting how CR7 reacts to it. Carlo is a perfectionist on the pitch. He doesn't like players taking liberties. He even got angry at Ibra for not running enough Laughing But Ibra respected him and really stopped taking crazy shots completely after the first 2 months. Still didn't run much at times Laughing
that's man management, SAF was able to control CR's play on the pitch. Mourinho never could. Ibra loves Carlo so he tried hard for him. it all depends of what kind of relationship the manager establishes with his players.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:10 pm

Yeah true. And i'm starting to see signs of CR7 maturing as a person a bit. So maybe he'll accept Carlo's management, which will help everyone.

The idea is not for CR7 to score less goals... but to score almost almost as many with far fewer shots. For example, Ibra scored 40 on 250ish shots. No reason CR7 couldn't do that.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:03 pm

sportsczy wrote:Pirlo had a defensive back 4 of Cafu, Maldini, Costacurta and Nesta.... and his partner were Gattuso and Seedorf. Very different.

Not comparing but before Carlo a lot of those players weren't exactly proven. Seedorf while a fantastic player showed no indication of being able to hustle and run for 90 minutes while creating chances for team mates.

Anyway, I think we play a 4-3-2-1 under Carlo. Seeing the players we have it would make the most sense.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:06 pm

Agree with Seedorf who was a know partier... but the other guys were all very good even without Carlo.

It still stuns me that Carlo only won 1 Serie A title in 8 years with that team Shocked Truly unbelievable.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:11 pm

I think their bench is what cost them, I mean aside from the first XI who really stood out on that Milan team? I honest to God cannot remember any of their squad players.

Compare that to the efficient and large Juve and an equally large and equally efficient Inter team and you sort of see why Milan couldn't win the league more than once.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:41 pm

Actually, the squad was pretty insane. Here's the 2005-2006 squad:

1 GK Dida
2 DF Cafu
3 DF Paolo Maldini (captain)
4 DF Kakha Kaladze
5 DF Alessandro Costacurta
7 FW Andriy Shevchenko
8 MF Gennaro Gattuso
9 FW Filippo Inzaghi
10 MF Rui Costa
11 FW Alberto Gilardino
12 GK Valerio Fiori
13 DF Alessandro Nesta
14 MF Johann Vogel
16 GK Željko Kalac
17 DF Dario Šimić
18 MF Marek Jankulovski
20 MF Clarence Seedorf
21 MF Andrea Pirlo
22 MF Kaká
23 MF Massimo Ambrosini
27 MF Serginho
31 DF Jaap Stam
37 FW Marcio Amoroso
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:34 pm

I think at that point a lot of the players there were reaching the end of their cycle. Milan gave Carlo his last hurrah by winning the CL in 2007 but it was pretty clear they were at the top of their game. Plus I think fatigue played a part and of course the crazy competition in Sera A (Juve, Inter, Roma).

Anyway

Rubén Uría ‏@rubenuria 2h
Todo puede cambiar en cuestión de horas, pero mi información es que Heynckes será el próximo entrenador del Real Madrid

Huge rumours that Heynckes will be our new coach lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by AmarillaDirecta Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:06 pm

Im watching the punto pelota interview with Perez Live right now, he is saying that he hasnt talked with PSG, and that he hasnt sat down with zidane to talk about transfers or the next manager yet, he said to wait till tommorow, because before then he could not talk about players in the show. When asked about heynckes and ancelotti he gave nothing much.

Regardless, there havent been any big revelations and he has responded most of the questions in the predictable way that is to be expected.
AmarillaDirecta
AmarillaDirecta
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:08 pm

Yeah Perez doesn't become President officially until tomorrow anyway. I think all will be made clear this week.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:29 pm

Anyone honestly believe Perez there? Laughing What was the problem? The election was too grueling??
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:37 pm

Perez is in full bullshit mode. seriously it's time to get Carlo now, too much messing around.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:57 pm

Ronaldo to be converted to CF and played alongside benzema hmm Could work
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:43 am

Jupp Heynckes has announced that he will not take over Real Madrid this summer after helping Bayern Munich to Bundesliga, Champions League and DFB-Pokal glory in 2012-13, though he also refused to commit to retirement.

The 68-year-old had an expiring contract with the Bavarians and it was already announced earlier this season that he would have to make way for Pep Guardiola ahead of the 2013-14 campaign.

A number of recent reports suggested that he was one of the candidates to take Jose Mourinho's place as Real Madrid coach, but Heynckes has now made it clear that he will take time out instead.

"I told my wife last year that my plan was to fulfil my contract and then quit. I did not have any holiday last year and I've noticed in the past few weeks that I was close to my limits," Heynckes said at a press conference.

"Other clubs showed an interest in signing me. There were some rich clubs, where money is not an issue, and there were clubs where you can enjoy yourself. And there was a big team that's not at Bayern's level at the moment," hinted the veteran trainer at Madrid interest.

"I am going to enjoy a holiday now, though. I will not be coaching either abroad or in the Bundesliga next season.

"Is this a definite retirement? I don't like to use the word definitive as you never know what will happen. But there's a life after your professional life."
Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, meanwhile, hopes that Heynckes will return to the club in another role at some point in the future.

"The door will always be open for Jupp at Bayern. He deserves a break more than anyone else. We accept his decision.

"Once his holiday comes to an end, Uli [Hoeness] and I are keen to have a chat with Jupp to see whether he'd be open to a return in another position."

No Heynckes. No

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckAndWin Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:33 am

This is bad. Oh my gosh! :facepalm:
LuckAndWin
LuckAndWin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:44 am

Hopefully we'll contact Laudrup.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:00 am

You guys are so impatient lol

I'll start worrying if things don't change in a week's time. Until then I wouldn't sweat it too much.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:08 am

Bronzetti is in Paris to talk to Leonardo... the problem is that the president of PSG wants both the 7.5 mil and also for Madrid to sell them a players. Pretty staunch on that. So it's a bit more complicated than usual...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next