IzzyC08
Ganso
spanky
Patrick Bateman
13 posters

Go down

Zamparini's Top 10 Crazy Quotes Empty Zamparini's Top 10 Crazy Quotes

Post by Patrick Bateman Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:02 am

Goal.com list Zampa's top 10 quotes, ranging from the unbelievable to the unfortunate.

10. "THIS IS NOT A GROUP OF MEN, IT IS A TEAM OF GIRLS."

Zamparini lashed out at his side after they took a 1-0 lead into the interval only to conceded three goals in the second half and succumb to a 3-1 defeat to Torino on February 10, 2008. It was the club's fifth loss in six games, prompting him to liken his players to a bunch of schoolgirls.

9. "INTER ARE THE NEW JUVENTUS."

Zampa was less than impressed following the 2-1 loss to Inter at the Renzo Barbera last September and hit out at the referee saying his side should have been awarded at least four penalty kicks. He then went on to compare Inter with Juventus, saying the Nerazzurri are now the ones receiving all of the favours in Italy.

8. "ROSSI IS LIKE MY WIFE, I WANT HIM ALL TO MYSELF."

After firing Delio Rossi following the humiliating 7-0 loss to Udinese and claiming he "ruined Palermo", Zamparini rehired the Italian less than two months later and confessed he had a soft spot for the tactician before parting company with him once again after the season ended.

7. "JAVIER PASTORE'S RIGHT BOOT IS WORTH €40 MILLION ALONE."

With a plethora of teams chasing club jewel Javier Pastore, the Palermo president insisted that only a mega-offer would see the playmaker leave Sicily, before adding with a straight face that €40 million would not be enough to purchase one of his boots just for good measure.

6. "THE ENGLISH ARE PIRATES."

He took aim at his English counterparts whom he accused of poaching Italian youngsters before they had a chance to sign professional contracts. He chastised Premier League teams in 2008 for pillaging and harming the clubs who brought the players through their ranks and compared the English to pirates taking treasure.

5. "IF IT WAS UP TO ME I WOULDN'T PAY THEM NO MORE."

The Palermo patron blasted his side's performance following the 2-2 draw against lowly Treviso in March 2005. He went on to reveal that he had no intention of returning to Sicily as he was in the mood to "kick each one of them in the backside."

4. "PALERMO HAVE A COACH WITH NO BALLS."

The 70-year-old gave a frank assessment of Delio Rossi after the 1-1 draw against Bari last December. The Serie A cellar dwellers played the match with 10 men for nearly 60 minutes but were able to erase a 1-0 deficit and earn a draw leaving Zamparini to question his coach's manhood.
3. "WE SHOULD PUT ALL OF THE REFEREES IN PRISON."

He pulled no punches following the 3-1 loss to Cagliari on January 16, claiming the 'incompetent' referee should be forced to do some hard time after Alessandro Matri scored the opening goal from an offside position. He then blasted the refereeing system in Italy and demanded an apology from the designator.

2. "I DIDN'T MEAN TO OFFEND MUTU WHEN I CALLED HIM A CRAFTY GYPSY."

Zamparini said sorry (sort of) after he blasted Adrian Mutu for opening the scoring while a Palermo player was down injured during the 1-1 draw on March 11, 2007. He was fuming at the time and blurted out, that "craftiness is a Romanian characteristic, they have it in their DNA. They developed it as part of their survival instinct," among other things. The Romanian FA were none too pleased with the remarks and demanded an apology.

1. "I WILL CUT OFF THEIR TESTICLES & EAT THEM IN MY SALAD."

He issued his most infamous rant in 2003 when he threatened to castrate the players on his team and use their testicles as toppings in his salad, which is probably going a little overboard even by Zampa's lofty standards..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2011/06/19/2536908/the-english-are-pirates-palermo-president-maurizio

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great piece by our old friend from Goal Cool

Last edited by The Fonz on Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Zamparini's Top 10 Crazy Quotes Empty Re: Zamparini's Top 10 Crazy Quotes

Post by Patrick Bateman Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:04 am

I can't believe what he said in No 1 ...Really fkd up...lol
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by spanky Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:10 am

i promised never to go there again m8, can you post them in your OP ploox.
spanky
spanky
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:15 am

He issued his most infamous rant in 2003 when he threatened to castrate the players on his team and use their testicles as toppings in his salad, which is probably going a little overboard even by Zampa's lofty standards.

Zamparini's Top 10 Crazy Quotes LUOJQIxoCp9ew54mbwDybLOPo1_500
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:15 am

Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini is infamous in Italy for his itchy trigger finger and sensational off-the-cuff comments. The 70-year-old has a knack of courting controversy and made the headlines once again last week.

Zamparini has spent his summer fending off interest from a number of Europe's most illustrious clubs for playmaker Javier Pastore. The Sicilian supremo has insisted that only a 'crazy' offer in the region of €50 million will be enough to land the talented 21-year-old.

Former Palermo sporting director Walter Sabatini, who left the club last year in acrimonious circumstances and is now at Roma, stated that Pastore's asking price was way too high only for his former boss to hit back that the Argentine was now worth €60 million.

Goal.com list Zampa's top 10 quotes, ranging from the unbelievable to the unfortunate.

10. "THIS IS NOT A GROUP OF MEN, IT IS A TEAM OF GIRLS."

Zamparini lashed out at his side after they took a 1-0 lead into the interval only to conceded three goals in the second half and succumb to a 3-1 defeat to Torino on February 10, 2008. It was the club's fifth loss in six games, prompting him to liken his players to a bunch of schoolgirls.

9. "INTER ARE THE NEW JUVENTUS."

Zampa was less than impressed following the 2-1 loss to Inter at the Renzo Barbera last September and hit out at the referee saying his side should have been awarded at least four penalty kicks. He then went on to compare Inter with Juventus, saying the Nerazzurri are now the ones receiving all of the favours in Italy.

8. "ROSSI IS LIKE MY WIFE, I WANT HIM ALL TO MYSELF."

After firing Delio Rossi following the humiliating 7-0 loss to Udinese and claiming he "ruined Palermo", Zamparini rehired the Italian less than two months later and confessed he had a soft spot for the tactician before parting company with him once again after the season ended.

7. "JAVIER PASTORE'S RIGHT BOOT IS WORTH €40 MILLION ALONE."

With a plethora of teams chasing club jewel Javier Pastore, the Palermo president insisted that only a mega-offer would see the playmaker leave Sicily, before adding with a straight face that €40 million would not be enough to purchase one of his boots just for good measure.

6. "THE ENGLISH ARE PIRATES."

He took aim at his English counterparts whom he accused of poaching Italian youngsters before they had a chance to sign professional contracts. He chastised Premier League teams in 2008 for pillaging and harming the clubs who brought the players through their ranks and compared the English to pirates taking treasure.

5. "IF IT WAS UP TO ME I WOULDN'T PAY THEM NO MORE."

The Palermo patron blasted his side's performance following the 2-2 draw against lowly Treviso in March 2005. He went on to reveal that he had no intention of returning to Sicily as he was in the mood to "kick each one of them in the backside."

4. "PALERMO HAVE A COACH WITH NO BALLS."

The 70-year-old gave a frank assessment of Delio Rossi after the 1-1 draw against Bari last December. The Serie A cellar dwellers played the match with 10 men for nearly 60 minutes but were able to erase a 1-0 deficit and earn a draw leaving Zamparini to question his coach's manhood.

3. "WE SHOULD PUT ALL OF THE REFEREES IN PRISON."

He pulled no punches following the 3-1 loss to Cagliari on January 16, claiming the 'incompetent' referee should be forced to do some hard time after Alessandro Matri scored the opening goal from an offside position. He then blasted the refereeing system in Italy and demanded an apology from the designator.

2. "I DIDN'T MEAN TO OFFEND MUTU WHEN I CALLED HIM A CRAFTY GYPSY."

Zamparini said sorry (sort of) after he blasted Adrian Mutu for opening the scoring while a Palermo player was down injured during the 1-1 draw on March 11, 2007. He was fuming at the time and blurted out, that "craftiness is a Romanian characteristic, they have it in their DNA. They developed it as part of their survival instinct," among other things. The Romanian FA were none too pleased with the remarks and demanded an apology.

He issued his most infamous rant in 2003 when he threatened to castrate the players on his team and use their testicles as toppings in his salad, which is probably going a little overboard even by Zampa's lofty standards.
Zamparini's Top 10 Crazy Quotes Zamparini2
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:17 am

spanky489 wrote:i promised never to go there again m8, can you post them in your OP ploox.

Done.....
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ♠Ace Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:17 am

damn i just got a disturbing image in my head after reading #1

♠Ace
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:22 am

What a great article. Not as great as The Fonz' sig, but very good. Best crazy president in the World. Berlusconi, move aside.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:41 am

This has to be goal.com best work ever.

#8 and #1 were my favorites.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by spanky Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:51 am

The Fonz wrote:
spanky489 wrote:i promised never to go there again m8, can you post them in your OP ploox.

Done.....

grazie fratello!
spanky
spanky
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:29 am

Zampa-Show xD
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirgal Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:35 am

This guy and his invented offers for Pastore really piss me off.
Nirgal
Nirgal
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:39 am

Sushi Master wrote:What a great article. Not as great as The Fonz' sig, but very good. Best crazy president in the World. Berlusconi, move aside.

Haha thanks Very Happy

Blue wrote:This has to be goal.com best work ever.

#8 and #1 were my favorites.

Yeah it's a great article alright..No surprise though just look at who wrote it ... Wink
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:13 am

Inter are the new Juve.

:coffee:
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

http://acmilan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:29 am

i lmaod so hard at 2. LEGEND
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:08 am

Guys, look who wrote it. None other than good old Morpheus.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:19 am

Gotta love the 8th and 1st one Very Happy..
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:02 am

Palermo president Zamparini denies club are interested in Penarol's Alejandro Martinuccio: "Martinuccio who? What sort of a name's that?"

Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

http://acmilan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum