billy_gr
BarcaKizz
jibers
BarrileteCosmico
The Franchise
65 posters

Page 13 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

Pep Guardiola : El Puto Amo! - Page 13 Empty Re: Pep Guardiola : El Puto Amo!

Post by jibers Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:26 pm

The Franchise wrote:Pep would be smart to stay away from Barcelona untill this crop of players is gone.

If I were him, I wouldnt come back with this group..ride it out and wait untill the majority of done. 4-5 years at least.

You don't need to tell him. He already saw Barcelona was a sinking ship an bailed. He will be back only when Messi retires.

jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:27 pm

jibers wrote:What did you disagree with exactly?

The part were he believes his rivalry with Mou took a toil on him and stressed him out. Which some what led to his departure.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:28 pm

Holy shit, nice interview. And the interesting bit about Messi, that he doesnt communicate exactly and needs to be understood silently and kept happy..... perhaps atm Tata is not getting it right with him Razz

So couldnt help but smile knowing Mou wanted the job and they chose Pep instead Smile
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:54 pm

Pep attended a demonstration in Berlin yesterday for a independence referendum for Catalans, part of a europe-wide effort of Catalan organisation Òmnium Cultural. He also read publicly a proclamation from the organisers.

Pep Guardiola : El Puto Amo! - Page 13 Image
Pep Guardiola : El Puto Amo! - Page 13 2-format43
Pep Guardiola : El Puto Amo! - Page 13 2028195113-guardiola-1MiBqI3Qsbef

http://www.tagesspiegel.de/berlin/fuer-ein-unabhaengiges-katalonien-guardiola-demonstriert-in-berlin/10009134.html
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:29 pm

The former Barcelona boss, who took charge of the Bavarians last year, has won three trophies in his very first season, namely the FIFA Club World Cup, the Bundesliga and the DFB Pokal.

"He hasn't surprised me at all," Rummenigge told his club's official site.

"He's shown the same level of quality as he did at Barcelona.

"Pep is a wonderful coach with a clear philosophy, a clear plan – and, as you saw in the cup final, he's a coach capable of springing a tactical surprise that causes the opposition problems.

"We're really happy with him. We have to thank the dear Lord he sent Pep Guardiola to us in Munich."

The decision to play Philipp Lahm as a holding midfielder is just one instance where Guardiola's tactics have worked wonders, according to Rummenigge, once again showing the Spaniard's capabilities as a manager.

"We had arguably the best right-back in the world – and moving him into defensive midfield improved the quality of the team.

"Philipp enjoys playing in his new role and he’s incredibly clever and intelligent in that position," the 58-year-old added.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:00 pm

Pep Guardiola just did a talk in Argentina where he met Tata Martino. He said more of the same really so I won't translate, but I figure I would post some of the quotes that have emerged from it on here for the spanish speakers:

http://canchallena.lanacion.com.ar/1705074-10-secretos-y-maximas-de-pep-guardiola-sobre-messi-el-mundial-mascherano-y-bielsa

http://canchallena.lanacion.com.ar/1705061-recreo

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/guardiola-del-barca-sale-sin-heridas-3334339

http://www.ole.com.ar/mundial-2014/titulo_0_1164483559.html

He also said Messi is better now than when he coached him, which I think might grind some people's gears: "He carries a very heavy weight on his soulders, which is the hope of an entire country. He's intelligent", intuitive. He's better now than when I coached him.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:11 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

He also said Messi is better now than when he coached him, which I think might grind some people's gears: "He carries a very heavy weight on his soulders, which is the hope of an entire country. He's intelligent", intuitive. He's better now than when I coached him.

I actually wouldn't contest that opinion. He has an ego now and needs a team built around himself instead of being part of an XI where he works as hard as everyone else against the ball - he basically turned into Ibra Proud - but his form blip due to injury and "saving himself for the WC" aside he's a far more decisive player now. For example I don't recall him scoring so many goals from outside the box with such regularity and his freekicks must be the best in the world by now. He also simply scores more. In 10/11 under Pep which was possibly the collective all-time high he was on 31 goals in La Liga. Under Tito before injury he was projected to reach 60+, scoring against every team and in a row.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:59 am

Fußball wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

I actually wouldn't contest that opinion. He has an ego now and needs a team built around himself instead of being part of an XI where he works as hard as everyone else against the ball - he basically turned into Ibra Proud - but his form blip due to injury and "saving himself for the WC" aside he's a far more decisive player now. For example I don't recall him scoring so many goals from outside the box with such regularity and his freekicks must be the best in the world by now. He also simply scores more. In 10/11 under Pep which was possibly the collective all-time high he was on 31 goals in La Liga. Under Tito before injury he was projected to reach 60+, scoring against every team and in a row.

exactly my thought.....i was completely surprised of his scoring from outside the box. This can be due to playing style of Argentina which is complete different from Barca. they have a pretty non existent midfield and how many times did we see the ball rolling into opponent box with fluids of passes. In barca many of his goals are end product to those passes. We, other than Adriano and occasionally Xavi almost never try to hit from outside the box. Here Argentina attacks super fast, ball almost never stays near mid line, so Argentina attack can be summed up as
Messi shooting
Di maria shooting
Set piece.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:01 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Pep Guardiola just did a talk in Argentina where he met Tata Martino. He said more of the same really so I won't translate, but I figure I would post some of the quotes that have emerged from it on here for the spanish speakers:

http://canchallena.lanacion.com.ar/1705074-10-secretos-y-maximas-de-pep-guardiola-sobre-messi-el-mundial-mascherano-y-bielsa

http://canchallena.lanacion.com.ar/1705061-recreo

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/guardiola-del-barca-sale-sin-heridas-3334339

http://www.ole.com.ar/mundial-2014/titulo_0_1164483559.html

Is the following translation correct which Pep said about Argentine duo playing for Barca............................

“I was fortunate to enjoy [being able to work with] Messi. Especially since guys like him are only born every so often,” he added.

“He does his talking on the pitch, he plays in a way that is greater than I can understand. In the latter stages of the Champions League, he always stepped up to win matches.

“Mascherano is also one of the smartest players that I have ever coached. He understands the game, always seeing things from his central position. He is more humble and smarter than I was.”

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:09 am

A new book has quoted Pep Guardiola as complaining he was forced to take sides during his time as Coach of Barcelona.

AS reports the upcoming release of Herr Guardiola, a book by journalist Marti Perarnau in which Guardiola attempts to clarify the reasons behind his Camp Nou departure.

The Bayern Munich Coach also laments the phrase ‘tiki-taka’ and speaks of a divided Barca at the time he left.

“I hate tiki-taka. Possession of the ball is only a tool to bring order and disorder to the opposition,” Guardiola is quoted as saying.

“Otherwise, if there is a sequence of 15 previous passes, it is impossible to transition well between attack and defence. Impossible.”

Guardiola also insisted that he didn’t leave Barca because he fell out with Sandro Rosell over the plans for the squad.

“It’s not true [I left] because I didn’t support Rosell in remodelling the workforce,” he continued.

“There was a limit to the wear I could take and I didn’t see any clear options for the team. I didn’t ask to reshape the squad because I had decided to leave.

“At Barca there are only two options. Either you are or you’re not able to. And I was forced to choose a side. “

Guardiola also described his performance as Coach in Bayern’s heavy defeat to Real Madrid in last season’s Champions League in strongly negative terms.

The book is due to be released in Spain on September 4, with editions in German and English to come.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:55 am

He stayed classy during the friendly against the retirement league Smile
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:03 am

Sarcasm? I expected more of him there...I don't agree with the tackles made and obviously wish they hadn't happened, but I don't see how it's the coaches fault, and you ought to shake his hand regardless.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:58 am

Of course i was being sarcastic, calmate lol

I didn't get why he was yelling at that other coach and then refused to shake his hand. I mean it wasn't the other coaches fault the tackles were a bit harsh.

I still don't how he wrote in his book that he doesn't like Tiki Taka....yet he had our guys play and win with it for 4 years....

yea ok. I get what he was saying and what he meant, but he shouldn't act like he wasn't the one instructing the players to play that way and then later on turn around and talk it down. Dude's mad moody
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:27 pm

He didn't say he doesn't like the "tiki taka" way of playing. He said he doesn't like the term "tiki taka". Which I agree with and I think even Xavi said this years ago (or some other Barca player, I don't quite remember).

Other than that he's turning into Mourinho. He lost a game against Americans so he's diverting the attention by throwing a ridiculous fit. Nothing to see here.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:28 pm

Thought his hate of the term was due to misuse, not the actual "philosophy". As evidenced from his 15 passes transition quote- if I interpreted that correctly.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:38 pm

Are my eyes deceiving me or is Pep,the ultimate Cruyffist playing a 4-4-2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think I have seen it all.Never thought I would see the day when Pep plays a 4-4-2.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:18 pm

Saw their first game, not the second.

What was the line up?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:15 pm

when did you spot an 4-4-2? At the end? I wasn't paying attention enough then obviously.

Lineup was:

Neuer - Lahm, Boateng, Badstuber, Albab, Alonso, Rode, Shaquiri, Müller, Götze, Lewandowski

It was more a 4-2-3-1 with Lahm and Alaba as fullbacks imo, however one that while attacking, and pressing after ball loss, looked a bit like 2-3-3-2 or something like that lol

.............Neuer........
..Boateng.......Badstuber..
..Lahm........Alonso....Alaba
...........Rode..................
Shaquiri...............Götze...
........Müller....................
..............Lewandowski.....

hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:19 pm

TV billed it as a 3-4-3, let's just say we were fluid

Pep Guardiola : El Puto Amo! - Page 13 BwTHstAIAAAv9Qk
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:22 pm

Xabi Alonso the CB Laughing Laughing Laughing

Pep Proud
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:29 pm

that image is deceiving though, Alonso droppd between the CBs sometimes, who went wide, but he was really playing as a midfielder.
Basically we played with a 2 man defense Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:36 pm

They have already engraved Bayern's name on 2014-15 Bundesliga trophy so he can try playing with no CBs as far as this sad excuse of a league is concerned.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:02 pm

It most definitely wasnt a 4-2-3-1,atleast from what I could tell.
Sure Rode played a bit further ahead than Alonso but still you could clearly see the shape when Bayern were defending.
Shaqiri went right flank and Goetze went left flank.Four acrosss midfield and the 2 up top.Muller stayed up top with Lewa.Throughout,both in offense and defense,Muller was closer to Lewa than he was to Shaq and Goetze.
Not the way you would expect from a 4-2-3-1.From what I saw Muller,Goetze and Shaq were never in the same line.Sure formations never play out exactly but when defending you see the shape and Muller,Goetze and Shaq were not playing ahead of Rode and Alonso.
It was Shaq,Alonso,Rode and Goetze in a midfield four and then Muller and Lewa up top.The same when Bernat replaced Goetze on the left wing.
To me atleast it looked a 4-4-2 or a 4-4-1-1.Also they played a lot more direct than the normal Pep style,which also kind of surprised me.Maybe he is bowing to the pressure at Bayern to play more direct.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:57 pm

guess you're right, you could call it a 4-4-1-1.
Have to say I'm not versed in discerning formations anyway.
And then there are a lot of shifts, rotations and asymmetries too.

The second point is also true so far this season, we do play more direct, much less keeping the ball and circulating it patiently.
It is however very early, and the pool of players available was very erratic so far, lots of injuries, unfit internationals etc., so we'll see what it will solidify into, if it does.

I can tell you hundred percent it's not pressure from, or 'at' Bayern, I do however a little bit get the feeling Pep took the 'failures' of end of last season, and the criticism he got in the media, about the death of tiki taka bla bla bla, more to heart than everyone else lol.
I'm just delighted to see the stuff he'll come up with tbh, though the controlling football of last year, suffocating the opponent, is clearly better for my heart.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:00 pm

alexjanosik wrote:It most definitely wasnt a 4-2-3-1,atleast from what I could tell.
Sure Rode played a bit further ahead than Alonso but still you could clearly see the shape when Bayern were defending.
Shaqiri went right flank and Goetze went left flank.Four acrosss midfield and the 2 up top.Muller stayed up top with Lewa.Throughout,both in offense and defense,Muller was closer to Lewa than he was to Shaq and Goetze.
Not the way you would expect from a 4-2-3-1.From what I saw Muller,Goetze and Shaq were never in the same line.Sure formations never play out exactly but when defending you see the shape and Muller,Goetze and Shaq were not playing ahead of Rode and Alonso.
It was Shaq,Alonso,Rode and Goetze in a midfield four and then Muller and Lewa up top.The same when Bernat replaced Goetze on the left wing.
To me atleast it looked a 4-4-2 or a 4-4-1-1.Also they played a lot more direct than the normal Pep style,which also kind of surprised me.Maybe he is bowing to the pressure at Bayern to play more direct.

So here's some pics from the analysis at spielverlagerung.de, which fully supports your observations

without the ball
Pep Guardiola : El Puto Amo! - Page 13 Schalke-vs-Bayern-Grundformationen-Schalke-off
attacking
Pep Guardiola : El Puto Amo! - Page 13 Schalke-vs-Bayern-Grundformationen

article in German http://spielverlagerung.de/2014/08/31/fc-schalke-04-fc-bayern-munchen-11/

you have to keep in mind which players we have been missing, among them Schweinsteiger and Thiago, Ribery and Robben, as well as last years preferred right back (with Lahm in midfield) Rafinha.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:34 pm

Thanks for confirming.It just surprised me that Guardiola,the ultimate Cruyffist would play 4-4-2.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next