VanDeezNuts
the xcx
BarcaLearning
Ganso
Onyx
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How many more times? Pepe sucks! - Page 2 Empty Re: How many more times? Pepe sucks!

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:57 pm

watch it again....

Ronaldo was further up the pitch where Iniesta was standing.....

Altintop didnt mark anyone he was just where ramos and them lot where in case they needed that extra bit of help as if they were sunday league defenders.... maybe he didnt expect Abidal to attack but that was super poor from him

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

How many more times? Pepe sucks! - Page 2 Empty Re: How many more times? Pepe sucks!

Post by Onyx Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:06 pm

It's the wingers job to track the fullback. Altintop's job is to track Iniesta since Iniesta is the LW and Altintop is the RB.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:19 pm

Pepe is a better midfielder than center back. That's all I've got to say about it. The same way Ramos is a better center back than right back.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:20 pm

Daniel Agger is the best suited CB against Barca. He's fast, tall, athletic, a great defender and he's got great ball control, composure, passing and most importantly he's got heart. Partner him up with Thiago Silva or Hummels and i think it's the perfect defensive ingredient to stopping the Barca attackers.

Disclaimer: notice i didnt say anything about Barca's midfield. Barca will still dominate games like they always do, but we'd have a better chance of not conceding, giving possession away or hoofing so much.

And the most important thing I HOPE AGGER RETIRES IN POOL and never joins another team.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:28 pm

Abidal's goal was Ronaldo's fault in my opinion.
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by DiRocco Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:23 pm

Pepe is a terrible midfielder. He has little to no ball control, no vision, can't play a pass, has a hot head...The only thing he has going for him is his stamina and strength. He provides littlerally nothing to the midfield except constant running. I suppose you could argue the fact this contributes something to the team, however I am in the belief we need creative deep laying play makers in the role. Not a short tempered defender with very little vision or ball playing ability. GIVE NURI SAHIN A SHOT!!! He's brilliant, and guess what? He can defend too.
DiRocco
DiRocco
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:29 pm

pepe CAN play DM, and he can play that position very well imo..

but the problem is he did not play as a DM last night, he was all over the place playing like a b2b midfielder, this cannot happen because he does not have the skill set to distribute the ball in the attacking third. which i saw him screw up numerous times.

defensively if he only swept the space between the center backs and xabi--lass he would have been great. -but he did not do this last night.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:28 pm

A few writers on Marca are questioning Pepe's future at the club.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DiRocco Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:09 pm

deezydeez wrote:pepe CAN play DM, and he can play that position very well imo..

but the problem is he did not play as a DM last night, he was all over the place playing like a b2b midfielder, this cannot happen because he does not have the skill set to distribute the ball in the attacking third. which i saw him screw up numerous times.

defensively if he only swept the space between the center backs and xabi--lass he would have been great. -but he did not do this last night.

I can see your point about Pepe if he remains as purely a CDM or a sweeper. He ventured wayyyyyyyyy beyond that last game, and that cannot happen. EVER. He is completely useless when trying to play a through ball or make a run...or even hold the ball for more then a few seconds. He should have purely broken up play and then played the ball to Xabi Alonso.
DiRocco
DiRocco
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:47 pm

i thought he should have played as a 3rd center back
someone who sits infront of the back 4 and just defends
and lets move on guys, there have been games won by him
the last time we won a classico at the Nou Camp, Pepe was our main CB and he was boss...
lets just forgive this incident and move on
we did it for Ramos, so lets offer Pepe the same courtesy
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2