Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

+64
El Blanco Madridista
Perucho21
Mr Nick09
Claudio84
Hapless_Hans
guest_07
Nivash
futbol_bill
The Demon of Carthage
rwo power
sree999
M99
Kick
Thimmy
LeVersacci
Jack Daniels
shadexticos
terrance511
Lupi
Beautiful Football
futbol
titosantill
Nedved
jibers
Robespierre
Killer
Motogp69
Uncanny
sportsczy
chad4401
Cyborg
buddytaller
Adit
Pedram
halamadrid2
FalcaoPunch
izzy
Arquitecto
Doc
Valkyrja
Babun
Kuru
guest7
LeBéninois
FennecFox7
Le Samourai
VanDeezNuts
punkfusion1992
EarlyPrototype
Zealous
teamanarchy
Lord Hades
LeSwagg James
BarrileteCosmico
RealGunner
ijomer
Calebvision
the xcx
StevieRayVaughan
Mamad
Onyx
la bestia negra
Ganso
raulmadrid4vr
68 posters

Page 12 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time? - Page 12 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by sportsczy Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:34 am

And lets not forget Robinho...  this kid really disappointed.  I thought he was going to be great.  He became a pawn in the mess of a political struggle that happened at the club and it ruined him eventually.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time? - Page 12 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:57 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Here's the thing that most of you refuse or choose not to acknowledge: Barça were simply better.

This.

People compare messi to ronaldo. and it subconsciously messes with their perception.

I can't for the life of me understand why ronaldo is so polarizing.
To most people he's either really amazing, or just really shitty.

He's just a great player. There's no need to go apeshit and post hundreds of posts about the same thing. Not nearly even in the same class as messi, but he's pretty good.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:59 am

futbol_bill wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
futbol_bill wrote:I would look at coaches faults (pelli re defense, mourinho re his antics, carlo re his burning out players and rafa re poor tactics) as to why we didn't get those liga trophies much more than looking at one player.

It's a combo for sure...  but that's what great players are supposed to do:  Compensate for the team's shortcomings.  Take Zidane for example.  France's managers were utterly pathetic post WC 1998.  I mean none of those guys were heard of again after they got the boot from the NT (Lemerre, Santini and Domenech).  But the team was very talented...  so Zidane became the de facto coach.  Whenever he didn't play, France would lose.  Whenever he played and was healthy, we were hunting for titles.

I think there's a difference between great players and transcendent ones.  Zidane was a transcendent player.  CR is merely a great one.

i think we are saying the same thing. Ronaldo is overrated, but he isn't a scrub as has been suggested in this thread. He isn't a legend of the game, but he is a great one.

Thank you. This is what I have been saying for years now.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:13 am

sportsczy wrote:Unless you experienced Heinze as your fullback, Woodgate as your CB and Gago as your CM... you haven't experienced scrubiness at Madrid Laughing

Gravesen as DM
Faubert backup on the wing

:brickwall:

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:35 am

lol did faubert even get a game? i remember he slept off on the bench during one of our games, the cameras caught him and the club fined him. i wasn't even mad, who could blame him for sleeping when you had the likes of calderon's major signings in gago, heinze, cannavaro, saviola et al on the pitch
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:09 am

as an outsider, to me, cristiano ronaldo is overrated, but i'm not sure he is the most overrated player in all time

if someone said that he is better than other real legends such as redondo or raul gonzalez, that is what i consider overrated

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:12 am

We didn't win more La Liga titles even though a couple of them were in our reach isn't something to blame solely Ronaldo for. The managers were more at fault than anybody else for that.

Barça won two CL titles since 2010, three since 2009. They have been by far the best team in Europe. And I'm pretty sure the likes of Bayern, Juventus and City would've found it way more difficult to dominate their respective leagues, had they had a Barça or a Madrid in them.

You're saying Ronaldo hasn't won enough for a guy of his caliber? I say he had the courage to come compete with the best team of the last decade in the hardest league in the world. He could've gone anywhere else in his prime years and won domestic trophies by the dozen.

futbol_bill wrote:I would look at coaches faults (pelli re defense, mourinho re his antics, carlo re his burning out players and rafa re poor tactics) as to why we didn't get those liga trophies much more than looking at one player.

This. Wouldn't change a word Thumbs up

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:20 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:
futbol_bill wrote:I would look at Barca being the better team in all regards as to why we didn't get those liga trophies much more than looking at one player.

This. Wouldn't change a word  Thumbs up

True, this ^
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:26 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:We didn't win more La Liga titles even though a couple of them were in our reach isn't something to blame solely Ronaldo for. The managers were more at fault than anybody else for that.

Barça won two CL titles since 2010, three since 2009. They have been by far the best team in Europe. And I'm pretty sure the likes of Bayern, Juventus and City would've found it way more difficult to dominate their respective leagues, had they had a Barça or a Madrid in them.

You're saying Ronaldo hasn't won enough for a guy of his caliber? I say he had the courage to come compete with the best team of the last decade in the hardest league in the world. He could've gone anywhere else in his prime years and won domestic trophies by the dozen.

This. Wouldn't change a word Thumbs up

If anything Ronaldo is the reason we won what we won in the last years.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:31 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
The Demon of Carthage wrote:
futbol_bill wrote:I would look at Barca being the better team in all regards as to why we didn't get those liga trophies much more than looking at one player.

True, this ^

Are you allowed to change people's quotes?
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:07 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
The Demon of Carthage wrote:We didn't win more La Liga titles even though a couple of them were in our reach isn't something to blame solely Ronaldo for. The managers were more at fault than anybody else for that.

This has been debunked time and time again but you never respond when called out. When Madrid won the copa in 2014, Ronaldo scored at the end of routs, wasn't even in the final. After the groups stages in CL, CR once again scored at the end of routs, he scored 2 goals when Madrid had already battered Bayern, and in the final I forgot he was playing till the penalty.

Yes, he was the reason you won all that...

you couldn't make this stuff up. Let's see you try and change the goal post now.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:15 pm

jibers wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:

This has been debunked time and time again but you never respond when called out. When Madrid won the copa in 2014, Ronaldo scored at the end of routs, wasn't even in the final. After the groups stages in CL, CR once again scored at the end of routs, he scored 2 goals when Madrid had already battered Bayern, and in the final I forgot he was playing till the penalty.

you couldn't make this stuff up. Let's see you try and change the goal post now.

Debunked what?

Against shalke both legs... Motm

Against Dortmund first leg.... Motm

Against Dortmund second leg.... Didn't play and Di Maria worst performance of decade.

Against Bayern first leg...... Played well and made the key pass that led to goal.

Against Bayern second leg..... They were never able to stop him. Scored two goals and was top 3 player that match.

Against Atletico..... With Benzema he also was almost finished physically by end of season. No body on front three couldn't run.  So what if he didn't score? Final isn't the only game in CL.. This was the only game in CL Di Maria was motm but some how he is the best player lmao. Isco played the first leg of Bayern tie and nothing changed. Di Maria was worst player against Dortmund. Want even top 7 against shalke but being motm against Atletico some how made him best player lmfao

End of your bullshit.

Last edited by Adit on Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:18 pm

Adit wrote:
jibers wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:

Debunked what?

Against shalke both legs... Motm

Against Dortmund first leg.... Motm

Against Dortmund second leg.... Didn't play and Di Maria worst performance of decade.

Against Bayern first leg...... Played well and made the key pass that led to goal.

Against Bayern second leg..... They were never able to stop him. Scored two goals and was top 3 player that match.

Against Atletico..... With Benzema he also was almost finished physically by end of season. No body on front three couldn't run. So what if he didn't score? Final isn't the only game in CL.

End of your bullshit.

He was motm because of the goals he scored and they were on the end of stat pads, couldn't care less about motm awards.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudio84 Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:24 pm

jibers wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:

Ronaldo Scored two times against Bayern when Chelsea won the CL, he missed the penalty, yes, he played a great match against Bayern, not his fault that we couldn't keep our sheet clean, Ramos missed his pen too and so did Kaka

Claudio84
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:37 pm

No it wasn't. His performance was top class in all those games and he only flopped in the final.

When he played bad or didn't play we almost knocked out ( Atletico and Dortmund second leg)

I want him sold after this season but I'm not an ungrateful bleep or jelly hater.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:50 pm

Adit wrote:No it wasn't. His performance was top class in all those games and he only flopped in the final.

When he played bad or didn't play we almost knocked out ( Atletico and Dortmund second leg)

I want him sold after this season but I'm not an ungrateful bleep or jelly hater.

Laughing He said CR was the main reason, he clearly wasn;t the reaso you won the cl, Di Maria, Ramos where more important. Copa, the less said the better.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:56 pm

jibers wrote:
Adit wrote:No it wasn't. His performance was top class in all those games and he only flopped in the final.

Laughing He said CR was the main reason, he clearly wasn;t the reaso you won the cl, Di Maria, Ramos where more important. Copa, the less said the better.

Ramos yeah. He has a shout for best player of CL campaign.

Di Maria Laughing

Shalke both legs - not even top 5

Dortmund-the less said the better, almost got us knocked out with his head less chicken mode

Bayern first leg- Isco played not Di Maria and we were just as good.

Bayern second leg- Was largely anonymous and got subbed for Isco at 60 min.

Atletico - motm

Just hipsters with short memory nothing more.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:57 pm

Adit wrote:
jibers wrote:

Ramos yeah. He has a shout for best player of CL campaign.

Di Maria Laughing

Shalke both legs - not even top 5

Dortmund-the less said the better, almost got us knocked out with his head less chicken mode

Bayern first leg- Isco played not Di Maria and we were just as good.

Bayern second leg- Was largely anonymous and got subbed for Isco at 60 min.

Atletico - motm

Just hipsters with short memory nothing more.

He said the main reason Madrid won all the trophies, he wasn't in the cl and he wasn't in the copa nor the CWC Laughing

game set and match.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:06 pm

I was going to respond but Adit and Claudio responded very well.

So I'll just repeat what Adit said: I want him sold this summer, but I'm not an ungrateful fan or a hater.

If you disagree with this, fine. But history is history and, fortunately, not anybody with a pen can write it.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:10 pm

Nobody is the reason for winning cup because football is a team game but I'm sure he is one of the main reason we won the CL .

Also there are lot of hipster stories like Di Maria being the player of the tournament that is wrongly going on in this forum. rofl  I see you  also saying that he was more important than Ronaldo, that is wrong. I hope you don't use that false story again.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:12 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:I was going to respond but Adit and Claudio responded very well.

So I'll just repeat what Adit said: I want him sold this summer, but I'm not an ungrateful fan or a hater.

If you disagree with this, fine. But history is history and, fortunately, not anybody with a pen can write it.

False, the winnners decide history Laughing

TBH, CR is great at what he does but he is a double edged sword, said this at United and this is worse now that he is older. His game hasn't changed, the only thing is Benzema and Bale aren't feeding him every chance.

The only period where I thought he was untouchable was the first half of the 14/15 season. He was ridiculous.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:22 pm

Adit wrote:Nobody is the reason for winning cup because football is a team game but I'm sure he is one of the main reason we won the CL .

Also there are lot of hipster stories like Di Maria being the player of the tournament that is wrongly going on in this forum. rofl  I see you  also saying that he was more important than Ronaldo, that is wrong. I hope you don't use that false story again.

I honestly don't see why would anybody deny the fact that he was one of the main reasons we won the CL. And I have no doubt that most of those who say that Di Maria was the player of the tournament don't really believe that. They just wanted to put somebody before Ronaldo and, having only watched the final, decided to give that honor to Di Maria. Cause I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have picked him had they watched the Dortmund game.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:37 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:I was going to respond but Adit and Claudio responded very well.

how is it being a hater for highlighting cr does a grand total of bleep all? anybody says different is being a fanboy, then again im pretty sure a lot of posters on here loved the days of cr shooting 10-12 a game just to blame benzema if we lose, always wonder where the logic in that was, oh yeah that cr being decisive and not the fact he ain't clinical for shit.

end of the day he has done nothing, everybody excuse is that he scored a lot, not the fact he is a selfish pos, regressed a lot as a players, and almost always flopped in big games.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:35 pm

i am not sure how you can come here, say that CR has done nothing for us, and expect that people take you seriously.

What are the standards being used here? Was he supposed to win the CL for us 6 out of his 7-8 years in madrid? to score all the goals and hattricks in every final?

Cristiano is one of the reasons why our fate course corrected in recent history, we were in a disastrous position. He came in, completely changed the perception of our club worldwide, and helped to put us back on the forefront of football.

I think you can dislike players for the style they have yet still appreciate the overall impact they have. He has had a fantastic contribution for this team in the time that he has been in Madrid, made a lot of fans dream of winning again, and he was a contributor to our winning CL campaign.

To say that he has done nothin is a damn right stupid statement.

He has been elite for the whole time he has been with us, and for all the faults that he has, it's not his fault that this club signs players like james-kroos-modric to back him up. Im pretty sure there were smarter ways to build a midfield to protect him and to allow him the freedom he needs to perform forward.

ps: stop trying to sound like a football hipster who has figured things about football that others cant/havent.

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:31 pm

chad4401 wrote:
how is it being a hater for highlighting cr does a grand total of bleep all? anybody says different is being a fanboy, then again im pretty sure a lot of posters on here loved the days of cr shooting 10-12 a game just to blame benzema if we lose, always wonder where the logic in that was, oh yeah that cr being decisive and not the fact he ain't clinical for shit.

end of the day he has done nothing, everybody excuse is that he scored a lot, not the fact he is a selfish pos, regressed a lot as a players, and almost always flopped in big games.

It's insane how almost every time you find a way to cram Benzema into the conversation even when he has absolutely nothing to do with it.

I would've answered the rest of your post but I think Nick did a brilliant job doing just that.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:59 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:i am not sure how you can come here, say that CR has done nothing for us, and expect that people take you seriously.

What are the standards being used here? Was he supposed to win the CL for us 6 out of his 7-8 years in madrid? to score all the goals and hattricks in every final?

Cristiano is one of the reasons why our fate course corrected in recent history, we were in a disastrous position. He came in, completely changed the perception of our club worldwide, and helped to put us back on the forefront of football.

I think you can dislike players for the style they have yet still appreciate the overall impact they have. He has had a fantastic contribution for this team in the time that he has been in Madrid, made a lot of fans dream of winning again, and he was a contributor to our winning CL campaign.

To say that he has done nothin is a damn right stupid statement.

He has been elite for the whole time he has been with us, and for all the faults that he has, it's not his fault that this club signs players like james-kroos-modric to back him up. Im pretty sure there were smarter ways to build a midfield to protect him and to allow him the freedom he needs to perform forward.

ps: stop trying to sound like a football hipster who has figured about things about football that others cant/havent.

Finally someone who isn't blinded by the media blitz to ship Cristiano away.

Fans are so temperamental they forget the past too quickly. They seem to only remember small negatives rather than big positives.

Zidane, Raul and Casillas were booed and whistled in the Bernabeu. They were castigated and berated by the press during their last days at the club. Now they are Gods, Kings and Legends.

It's a shame.

Unfortunately, this is the attitude of most Real Madrid fans. Florentino Perez has breathed this appetite into the supporter. An insatiable need for new things.

A new name is greeted with fanfare. Someone who toiled and sweated for the club is sent away under a hush.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next