Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

+64
El Blanco Madridista
Perucho21
Mr Nick09
Claudio84
Hapless_Hans
guest_07
Nivash
futbol_bill
The Demon of Carthage
rwo power
sree999
M99
Kick
Thimmy
LeVersacci
Jack Daniels
shadexticos
terrance511
Lupi
Beautiful Football
futbol
titosantill
Nedved
jibers
Robespierre
Killer
Motogp69
Uncanny
sportsczy
chad4401
Cyborg
buddytaller
Adit
Pedram
halamadrid2
FalcaoPunch
izzy
Arquitecto
Doc
Valkyrja
Babun
Kuru
guest7
LeBĂ©ninois
FennecFox7
Le Samourai
VanDeezNuts
punkfusion1992
EarlyPrototype
Zealous
teamanarchy
Lord Hades
LeSwagg James
BarrileteCosmico
RealGunner
ijomer
Calebvision
the xcx
StevieRayVaughan
Mamad
Onyx
la bestia negra
Ganso
raulmadrid4vr
68 posters

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time? - Page 2 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by ijomer Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:15 am

Swagg_Johnson wrote:I think this guy is on to something
:facepalm:

ijomer
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time? - Page 2 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by Lord Hades Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:09 am

when a atletico fan tells you how to treat your player and rightly so,it really tells something about most of us madrid fans here
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:35 am

Ronaldo sucks in big games and against Barca. i don't care if he scores 20 Hattrick each season. i want a big game performer.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:04 am

20 goals in the league before Xmas.
25 in all comps...

Most players will be happy with that for an end-of-season total.

If you don't like Ronaldo, that's your problem.
But don't let your biasm cloud the fact that he is an absolutely superb player.
5 hat-tricks this season.

GTFO
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:47 am

Mr.Hendrix wrote:You Madrid fans are so fickle and sometimes vastly undereducated. You really think if ronaldo leaves the likes of Benzema and Higuain will replace his value/goals/assists to the team? Ronaldo is put under a microscope by other teams, he is always tightly marked. I want to see how higuain and Benz will react to such tight marking.

53 goals last year? Some from penalties, some from free-kicks, some from tap-ins, but you think anyone in the team has the ability to score the different types of goals like him? Ronaldo can score screamers, tap-ins, free-kicks, impeccable penalties, headers....I dont even think Messi has this versatility (even though he is a superior player in what he does). There is a reason why you guys paid 94mil for him. Learn to appreciate.

You guys (Real madrid fans) really need to get your shit together. I will always support Real over Barca and I hope you beat Sevilla today. But just giving you a neutral perspective on this issue.

Most of our "fans" are not really "fans" per se . The same people screaming when we win are those who scream when we lose.

Kind of embarrassing how fickle and short sighted a lot of them are.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:02 pm

ijomer wrote:
Swagg_Johnson wrote:I think this guy is on to something

What? He's putting up stats that shows Cristiano is not as clinical as most people think.. Plus he sucks against Barca so I think him being over rated is a valid point.. Not the most over rated player ever though, that is ridiculous
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:07 pm

Mr.Hendrix wrote:You Madrid fans are so fickle and sometimes vastly undereducated. You really think if ronaldo leaves the likes of Benzema and Higuain will replace his value/goals/assists to the team? Ronaldo is put under a microscope by other teams, he is always tightly marked. I want to see how higuain and Benz will react to such tight marking.

53 goals last year? Some from penalties, some from free-kicks, some from tap-ins, but you think anyone in the team has the ability to score the different types of goals like him? Ronaldo can score screamers, tap-ins, free-kicks, impeccable penalties, headers....I dont even think Messi has this versatility (even though he is a superior player in what he does). There is a reason why you guys paid 94mil for him. Learn to appreciate.

You guys (Real madrid fans) really need to get your shit together. I will always support Real over Barca and I hope you beat Sevilla today. But just giving you a neutral perspective on this issue.

+1
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by raulmadrid4vr Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:01 pm

out of 18 la liga game, he has scored 14 goals (penalties not included) and those 14 goals came in 8 games. so he didnt score in 10 games out of 18 games this season.

these are the 8 games he scored in:

6-0 drubbing of zaragoza
6-2 drubbing of rayo vallecano
4-0 drubbing of malaga
7-1 drubbing of osasuna
3-2 vs valencia
3-0 drubbing of sporting gijon
6-2 drubbing of sevilla
5-1 drubbing of granada

such valuable goals and a great scorer. Shocked we would definitely be in relegation zone without his crucial game savers.
raulmadrid4vr
raulmadrid4vr
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:06 pm

Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time? - Page 2 3cd8a33a
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:48 pm

raulmadrid4vr wrote:out of 18 la liga game, he has scored 14 goals (penalties not included) and those 14 goals came in 8 games. so he didnt score in 10 games out of 18 games this season.

6-0 drubbing of zaragoza
4-0 drubbing of malaga
7-1 drubbing of osasuna
3-2 vs valencia
6-2 drubbing of sevilla
5-1 drubbing of granada

such valuable goals and a great scorer. Shocked we would definitely be in relegation zone without his crucial game savers.

i think this is a good point Thumbs up

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:25 am

I personally don't. Even if he doesn't score Ronaldo being on the pitch releases everyone else from man marking.

Also it's not a coincidence that when Ronaldo is scoring goals and playing well we tend to blow away opposition.

And cut the penalty crap, they all count and it's not like tap ins are harder to score.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:28 am

raulmadrid4vr wrote:out of 18 la liga game, he has scored 14 goals (penalties not included) and those 14 goals came in 8 games. so he didnt score in 10 games out of 18 games this season.

6-0 drubbing of zaragoza
4-0 drubbing of malaga
7-1 drubbing of osasuna
3-2 vs valencia
6-2 drubbing of sevilla
5-1 drubbing of granada

and how do you think does drubbings were produced..

for eg
villa is an el clasico flop

he scored 2 goals in a 5-0 drubbing of madrid, nothing special

get my drift?
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:02 am

Zealous wrote:I personally don't. Even if he doesn't score Ronaldo being on the pitch releases everyone else from man marking.

Also it's not a coincidence that when Ronaldo is scoring goals and playing well we tend to blow away opposition.

And cut the penalty crap, they all count and it's not like tap ins are harder to score.

ronaldo is supposedly the best player in the world, if you think its okay for the best player in the world to have an inflated status because he racks up goals against granada, zaragoza and osasuna meanwhile not preforming against barcelona (really the only game that matters) then i think you are misinformed. hes scoring over a goal a game but he scores in less than half of our matches though its great for stats, its not great for results.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by raulmadrid4vr Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:10 am

Zealous wrote:I personally don't. Even if he doesn't score Ronaldo being on the pitch releases everyone else from man marking.

diptiman wrote:

6-0 drubbing of zaragoza
4-0 drubbing of malaga
7-1 drubbing of osasuna
3-2 vs valencia
6-2 drubbing of sevilla
5-1 drubbing of granada

and how do you think does drubbings were produced..

for eg
villa is an el clasico flop

he scored 2 goals in a 5-0 drubbing of madrid, nothing special

get my drift?

do you actually think we would not win those drubbings if cristiano didnt play?

villa is playing out of position. he might have missed some chances but hes no ibra.
raulmadrid4vr
raulmadrid4vr
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:35 am

Zeal....sure.. but to really be effective he needs to use that attention to make the right plays.

Being on the right certainly wouldn't hurt.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:58 am

There's one thing that ronaldo does even when he doesn't play well; he takes man markers off of players like benz and higuain.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBĂ©ninois Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:07 am

We have the statistics of the stars of other teams? We have the statistics of the other strikers in La Liga? We can compare the goals of Cristiano Ronaldo with other players? There is talk of a football player who won the Golden Shoe #@!?... It is a process that I do not understand "
Mourinho Mad

Some of you guys rate him so high ( we all remmember those too much messi vs ronaldo thning ) People were like Cr is most complete and blabla or messi can't play in PL or ... well you know

Then today those guys realize that Messi is definitively going to be a legend, and is a pure genius, a gifted player so they start these thread about Cr being shit but the truth is he is one of the best of his generation. he is outstanding !!

IT is just a shock for you that he is not at messi level so after claiming he is top player , better than messi, people are claiming he is overated
yes he was Overated by YOU , you know who you are..
LeBĂ©ninois
LeBĂ©ninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by ijomer Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:47 am

*Edited due to Insults*

-25% Warning level.

Last edited by Jack Daniels on Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:26 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Hostile comments)
ijomer
ijomer
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by ijomer Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:50 am

deezydeez wrote:

ronaldo is supposedly the best player in the world, if you think its okay for the best player in the world to have an inflated status because he racks up goals against granada, zaragoza and osasuna meanwhile not preforming against barcelona (really the only game that matters) then i think you are misinformed. hes scoring over a goal a game but he scores in less than half of our matches though its great for stats, its not great for results.

how does he play in champions league broo
ijomer
ijomer
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:11 am

how does cr play in cl? not one of our top players thats for sure. hes supposed to be the best player on our team but hes getting outshined by benzema, ozil, alonso, etc.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:03 am

What ever bro. I guess you think Van Der Vaart would have done a better job. Rolling Eyes

Ronaldo is our best player and one of the best players in the world and will be remembered as one of the best of his generation by the time he retires. I'm happy Cristiano plays for us. He's awesome and we could certainly do a lot worse than him.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:11 am

I think all the jeering gives more pressure to Ronaldo which we all know how it affects his game

the fans have to stop tbh becouse we need him to be there, we can't have him playing like he did yesterday
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:39 pm

Zealous wrote:What ever bro. I guess you think Van Der Vaart would have done a better job. Rolling Eyes

Ronaldo is our best player and one of the best players in the world and will be remembered as one of the best of his generation by the time he retires. I'm happy Cristiano plays for us. He's awesome and we could certainly do a lot worse than him.
Don't listen to them zeal, they expect him to take the ball from his goal and dribble the whole team..
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:57 pm

Look, Ronaldo isn't above criticism and if he plays badly I won't say otherwise but there's a difference between that and what is happening here.

Ronaldo is basically being used as the scapegoat. If we start getting good results against Barca all this will disappear. That is what is annoying me here.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:00 pm

He needs to perform and score vs Barca.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:10 pm

yes, but he shouldn't get all the blame if we don't win. Unless you guys are prepared to give him all the credit if we win.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next