See you guys. I'm done.

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

See you guys.  I'm done. - Page 3 Empty Re: See you guys. I'm done.

Post by dostoevsky on Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:47 pm

Shocked How can people still not know JD is Kantutan.

Sports, please sleep on this and listen to the people who want you back and if you so feel, you know that you can easily return in the morning.

El Clasico is not an excuse to stir up needless trouble, we're not going to be sympathetic to people who are giving us more work because they're bored and restless.

Plenty of Madrid fans asked me to delete Jiopsi's thread concerning Alonso's yellow card and I did not only because it was baseless but because it was going to turn ugly. Dani was perfectly in his rights to make a decision based upon his feeling about where the thread may have been heading and its input to the forum.

We can't please everyone and we're not going to even try to, we do the best we can though.

dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Posts : 7557
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

See you guys.  I'm done. - Page 3 Empty Re: See you guys. I'm done.

Post by izzy on Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:48 pm

@ÖMARz wrote:

use jiopsi,huntsman and LM as examples.

im done.

Ok, I see what you mean. It's a very strong subject that I thought we would never had to bring up. I'm not going to lie, I felt the Mods were/are too easy with LM, Jiopsi, huntsman and JNC. But comparing them to Sports is wrong. Sports wasn't here to just be disrespectful, contribute nothing and actually provide exceptional input.

But, what can we say? Sports left out of his own free will. I wish he would rethink his decision but that's entirely up to him. All the facts are out there and I don't see how the Mods abused their power in this case.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 6130
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 20

Back to top Go down

See you guys.  I'm done. - Page 3 Empty Re: See you guys. I'm done.

Post by izzy on Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:48 pm

spanky489 wrote:one immature 40 year old less

Ain't a joke thread. Contribute or GTFO.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 6130
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 20

Back to top Go down

See you guys.  I'm done. - Page 3 Empty Re: See you guys. I'm done.

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo on Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:52 pm

Must I understand what's wrong with debating with one another at the level of the Barca and Madrid? Fine insults happen, good it's called warning or ban. Simple as that. These are rivals, ITS NORMAL.

On the top of this forum it says... 'Forum for Football Fanatics"

FANATICS

It's bound to happen, in the real world.. nobody acts humble like this. Even with friends, we always debate with one another we don't go to LaLa land and praise one another like children television shows.

I find it very dull to see this.

Granted this should be allowed, however without insults.

_________________
See you guys.  I'm done. - Page 3 Marcov4


http://scoutcalcio.blogspot.com/
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 4413
Join date : 2011-09-06

Back to top Go down

See you guys.  I'm done. - Page 3 Empty Re: See you guys. I'm done.

Post by izzy on Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:55 pm

@Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:Must I understand what's wrong with debating with one another at the level of the Barca and Madrid? Fine insults happen, good it's called warning or ban. Simple as that. These are rivals, ITS NORMAL.

On the top of this forum it says... 'Forum for Football Fanatics"

FANATICS

It's bound to happen, in the real world.. nobody acts humble like this. Even with friends, we always debate with one another we don't go to LaLa land and praise one another like children television shows.

I find it very dull to see this.



Granted this should be allowed, however without insults.

You don't need to be aggressive or throw insults all over the place to be a 'fanatic'. Having a passion, knowledge and love for the sport makes you a fanatic. If you can't have a bit of banter without throwing insults then don't opt to join in the banter.

It's as simple as that.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 6130
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 20

Back to top Go down

See you guys.  I'm done. - Page 3 Empty Re: See you guys. I'm done.

Post by Thimmy on Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:58 pm

izzy26 wrote:
@Omniscient wrote:That Franchise kid is immature and petty, I'm not sure how he fooled anyone into letting him become a moderator.

Using authoritative wording and having a pompously self-assured tone =/= fair & just, or indicate intelligence in any way.

What? That does not describe Dani at all. Ridiculous comment.

I just found out that Dani was The Franchise Rolling Eyes I don't know how long you've been posting on here, Omni, because I haven't been that active myself recently. But Dani has always been one of the most respected posters on this forum. His level-headedness, maturity and relative neutrality in arguments are some of the attributes that make him a great moderator, so it's hard to recognize him from the way you're describing him.

_________________
See you guys.  I'm done. - Page 3 1200px-Real_Madrid_CF.svg
Thimmy
Thimmy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 9392
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

See you guys.  I'm done. - Page 3 Empty Re: See you guys. I'm done.

Post by Jack Daniels on Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:01 am

@Omniscient wrote:I think that you're trying to judge posts objectively, without considering who wrote them when deciding on a punishment for trolling or w/e. This is exactly not the right way to moderate a forum.
Isn't the posters' responsibility for not considering the negative reaction that may project towards the other members? We simply delete/lock/warn for the sake of the forum not for the poster himself.

@Omniscient wrote:You might think it seems fair, but the context can't be understood at all without considering who wrote them. Do you think that a respected, level-headed poster like Sports is intentionally trying to rile people up? No. One post that could potentially be offensive from someone who's proven time and time again to not be an offensive person doesn't come close to warranting a 50% reduction.
What about the other posters that might take it as an offensive post and get riled up? Again it's not about the poster but the community itself.

BTW Sports got docked another 25% for ignoring the warning and doing it again. That made it 50%.

@Omniscient wrote:Another related issue is how blatantly Barcelona posters are protected, possibly because there's fewer of them, possibly because of the nature of the moderators. Guys like Jiopsi and Lionel Messi, what have they ever contributed? Jack shit, yet they're both still around to rile up everyone every time Barcelona drops points. Franchise and BarcaKizz are like Barcelona fans who are also moderators, as opposed to JD who's just a strict moderator all around that happens to favour Madrid. Think Snape & the Slytherins vs McGonagall & Gryffindors if you will.
We punish Barca supporters the same as Madrid ones. It's just because the Punished Madrid fans react aggressively when getting a warning (w/c turns the situation worse). For example, this one right here.

@ÖMARz wrote:You mods dont seriously expect to have serious debates/arguments between teams without it getting out of hand do you?

every person will protect and stand up to defend their team. Trolling will always exist on forums.

poor decisioning.
We've already had enough of these light trolling threads around no need for another. Especially come El Clasico week.

ragbirjosh wrote:Serious question........were you guys the Mods on the old forum.?

Whatever happened to kanutan? he was a pretty cool mod.
I'am Kantutan lol.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 3213
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

See you guys.  I'm done. - Page 3 Empty Re: See you guys. I'm done.

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo on Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:01 am

What did I just say? Let's allow this, but not only with Madrid and Barca however as a whole. WITHOUT INSULTS.

Granted you said aggressively, whats your point? Thats how I speak, and thats how many people speak on the forums. Not everyone loves to live in a fictional world where it's peaceful all around, it's not. This is reality.

Speaking aggressively infact is irrelavent as it's not even against the rules, how can it be a rule for that matter?

For crying out loud, the France topic I made just got locked because according to that mod it was bitter. Yeah so? ITS FRANCE VS ITALY FFS, ITS A RIVALRY. Did I insult(me being the Italian fan)? No. Sure I mentioned that his departure on the forum was patehtic, but thats not an isult, it's the truth.

And saldy, it's humorous to see that nobody can understand this. At the end of the day, were not all perfect. Trolling happens all the time, insults, derails, arguments etc... However the admins here need to realize that there's an extent to everything and not even reaching to that extent people have already been punished for it.

_________________
See you guys.  I'm done. - Page 3 Marcov4


http://scoutcalcio.blogspot.com/
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 4413
Join date : 2011-09-06

Back to top Go down

See you guys.  I'm done. - Page 3 Empty Re: See you guys. I'm done.

Post by Jack Daniels on Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:04 am

@sciacca
This is not the thread for your concerns.

We've been through this a thousand times. Let's settle this later ayt? Smile
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 3213
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

See you guys.  I'm done. - Page 3 Empty Re: See you guys. I'm done.

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo on Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:05 am

@Jack Daniels wrote:@sciacca
This is not the thread for your concerns.

We've been through this a thousand times. Let's settle this later ayt? Smile

Can we settle it without your sarcastic jokes lol?

_________________
See you guys.  I'm done. - Page 3 Marcov4


http://scoutcalcio.blogspot.com/
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 4413
Join date : 2011-09-06

Back to top Go down

See you guys.  I'm done. - Page 3 Empty Re: See you guys. I'm done.

Post by xabi on Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:06 am

Have to agree somehow with sports even though sports deserves a warning like evrybody else for trolling.

Some mods are just different from others and franchise just blamed me for him moving a thread. It was for me comparing a the player of the thread *is he top 10 player?* was the poll and I compared him to others who I though was infront of that player. pretty ridicolus. Also some mods let certain trolling pass by and just hook up on others because they have worse reputatation. Imo Huntsmans trolling for example ain't that bad compared to other who insult players and teams "no names here"

anyway don't get it confused Im not really pointing any fingers I find this forum great overall.


Last edited by xabi on Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 1147
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

See you guys.  I'm done. - Page 3 Empty Re: See you guys. I'm done.

Post by Jack Daniels on Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:07 am

@Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:
@Jack Daniels wrote:@sciacca
This is not the thread for your concerns.

We've been through this a thousand times. Let's settle this later ayt? Smile

Can we settle it without your sarcastic jokes lol?
Yeah sure... but let's do it next time shall we? lol
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 3213
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

See you guys.  I'm done. - Page 3 Empty Re: See you guys. I'm done.

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo on Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:09 am

Alright I'll be waiting, in the mean time I'll stick with my espresso while watching this how it unfolds, but it relates a lot :coffee:

_________________
See you guys.  I'm done. - Page 3 Marcov4


http://scoutcalcio.blogspot.com/
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 4413
Join date : 2011-09-06

Back to top Go down

See you guys.  I'm done. - Page 3 Empty Re: See you guys. I'm done.

Post by Turok_TTZ on Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:10 am

@The xcx wrote:
ragbirjosh wrote:Serious question........were you guys the Mods on the old forum.?

Whatever happened to kanutan? he was a pretty cool mod.
Isint Kantutan JD?
smoking

Edit: damn this be a late post.

anywho so in the end Sport remains butthurt? sad.
but atst... seems sport was right in a sense. this thread shud have remained locked. JD ye shudnt have let this thread continue.
:lucas:


Last edited by Turok_TTZ on Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:24 am; edited 2 times in total

_________________
See you guys.  I'm done. - Page 3 HgQx4yF

RIP beloved
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 2227
Join date : 2011-06-05

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

See you guys.  I'm done. - Page 3 Empty Re: See you guys. I'm done.

Post by Magic Spray on Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:21 am

From the short time I've been here it seems that a couple of Barca posters are allowed to troll relentlessly without any repercussions. Conversely, when threads are made that dare speak ill of Barcelona they are locked much more liberally or moved to the right back section even if they don't belong there, by mods who happen to be Barca fans.

_________________
See you guys.  I'm done. - Page 3 14imk5j
Magic Spray
Magic Spray
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 164
Join date : 2011-10-02

Back to top Go down

See you guys.  I'm done. - Page 3 Empty Re: See you guys. I'm done.

Post by Zealous on Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:24 am

Honestly he just posted a video. It was nothing. Granted I think he is over reacting a bit but seriously he just posted a Barca video we've all probably already saw.

_________________
See you guys.  I'm done. - Page 3 Bx_jALWIcAASRVx
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 16098
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

See you guys.  I'm done. - Page 3 Empty Re: See you guys. I'm done.

Post by Zealous on Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:31 am

@kiranr wrote:I was hoping a little bit that the thread would not be locked because i was enjoying the banter there. I am sure the other posters were enjoying too. I mean rich, talented and handsome Zealous was in there, so, assuredly, things would not have gone bad and everyone would have followed his cue. eco smile

But on the flip side, with so many Barca/Madrid bullshit over the past year, I am sure you mods have no alternative.

Sports was a little immature when he created the second thread. However, I have one suggestion for the mods. If a user requests for something, then please consider relaxing the rules a little bit if it nothing bad has happened yet.

Kiranr :bow:

_________________
See you guys.  I'm done. - Page 3 Bx_jALWIcAASRVx
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 16098
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

See you guys.  I'm done. - Page 3 Empty Re: See you guys. I'm done.

Post by Jack Daniels on Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:34 am

Oh booohooo Zealous... LOL

Anyway. I'll be waiting for Sports to come and we'll settle this.

I ain't having fun at all. Don't like losing members like this.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 3213
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

See you guys.  I'm done. - Page 3 Empty Re: See you guys. I'm done.

Post by The Franchise on Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:40 am

Sorry people, you lost a friend. But the entire forum cant have it both ways.

You cant complain there is too many Barca-Madrid nonesense and then go and cry when someone shuts it down before it gets going.

Its very easy to say, oh its just a video....but how do you think these massive pointless wars start?

People are complaining...but what are you complaining about? I am bias?

Other posts have been banned for Sports thread. If I enforced the rules how they should be, tons more of you would be down on warning level. But I dont, I am all for fun and games and I dont mind a bit of banter. I think you will find I am one of the least senstive Barca fans, I can take shots at our players as good as most of you.

If I lock a thread because I think its going to cause trouble, then I will do that. Some posters might of been having a nice laugh in there posting music vids and so on, but how long before a Barca fan got annoyed and started a war? How long before khaled, LM, Jiopsi, dnmac (dont mean to pick you guys out, your just examples here) took offence and we have yet another waste of time battle?

I am not willing to let it go 10 pages then have every non Barca/Madrid fan annoyed by the constant bullocks of Barca-Madrid.

Sport got a chance, I shut it down and said thats enough. How many times has RG or Red talked about taking warning levels down for starting this nonesense?

I explained clearly when taking it down, this Barca-Madrid nonesense has no place.

Now, what did Sport do....go and make another thread?

And yet some of yall still want to defend him? I could of banned him straight for that, but I know Sport and how he is. I know how he gets during Classico time. He isnt a bad guy, so I actually treated him differently than I might of treated someone else. He got his warning down to 1 strike left.

I said in that thread, keep the threads coming and I will enjoy banning you. I said that.

Instead of actually throwing him out, he got a little bit of lip and a clear message to stop.

Now, Sport is having a tantrum and wants to leave. He is a grown man, crying over going down to 25% when in fact it could of been alot worse?

What do you want me to say to that?

I see a few others who have a problem with me and my moderating. PM me if you want to discuss it, I have no problems with that. I think its better then trying to make a public scene.

Those who say Barca fans are protected, I dont even know how to respond to that.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 18855
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

See you guys.  I'm done. - Page 3 Empty Re: See you guys. I'm done.

Post by The Madrid One on Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:42 am

Cant wait till his new forum comes out!!! Very Happy

in the end sportsczy did the right thing by leaving a place he didnt like anymore for several reasons. he can contact who he wants and then if something is made out of it then good. Hope all the worthy ones go over there...

incase it ever happens sports, and u ever read this, ill join just out of pure :?: of what to do when i have free time at 10pm at night and dont know what to do.. etc..
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4671
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

See you guys.  I'm done. - Page 3 Empty Re: See you guys. I'm done.

Post by chad4401 on Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:56 am

sports cut the crap and come back its a forum ffs, i like reading your posts bro

_________________
See you guys.  I'm done. - Page 3 Fc_as_benzema_1296x729
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 4535
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

See you guys.  I'm done. - Page 3 Empty Re: See you guys. I'm done.

Post by Zealous on Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:05 am

Sport isn't responsible for the collective antics of khaled, LM, Jiopsi, dnmac, xcx, earlyprototype, TMO or Omarish. (There are a few more but I can't be arsed to remember them all). I am calling them out, after all they are the ones who ruin threads. More often than not they're the ones who ruin it for everyone and yet Sport gets the warning? During Clasico week for a video that was probably going to get posted at some point anyway?

I'm not calling out for bans or warnings, everyone is here to discuss things and so long as it doesn't degenerate to insults I don't really mind what is discussed. I also appreciate that that neutrals tire of such arguments which is more than fair.

Sport was at fault for posting another thread but he did it out of spite. I know him as much as you can possibly know a guy on a football forum (lol) and he doesn't like to be given a response he doesn't think is warranted. He's hard headed like that but it could have been avoided.

Dani, I wish you didn't throw the "I'll enjoy banning you" jab in there. I don't doubt your ability as a mod but you didn't cover yourself in glory with that post. Other than that I appreciate your stance.

Also a special message to xcx, earlyprototype, TMO, Omarish, Mamad as well as others who derail threads and take part in flame wars (The guys I mentioned aren't the only ones just the guys that I could name off the top of my head). Stop it your not helping anyone by being a forum warrior. It just makes the Mods unsure about what to do with certain posts/threads. In the long run we lose quality posters this way and it's basically your fault because:

A) You take some posters too seriously.

B) You just have to throw Madrid/Barca into a discussion.

That's the last I have to say on the matter, now please get it together before we turn into the Juve section.

_________________
See you guys.  I'm done. - Page 3 Bx_jALWIcAASRVx
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 16098
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

See you guys.  I'm done. - Page 3 Empty Re: See you guys. I'm done.

Post by Ganso on Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:20 am

This thread made me remember of the "this section is too perfect" thread LOL
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 15522
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

See you guys.  I'm done. - Page 3 Empty Re: See you guys. I'm done.

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:21 am

Will miss ya sports, i do hope you re consider but if not good luck in everything you do in life including your wedding......

Was looking to banter at Euro 2012 aswell Sad
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 67242
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

See you guys.  I'm done. - Page 3 Empty Re: See you guys. I'm done.

Post by The Franchise on Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:26 am

Those guys get warnings...why are you acting like they can get away with things while poor Sport gets punished for nothing?

He made a thread, looking to make trouble. That is without question. Then after being told to cut it out, did it again.

I am sorry, Sport is a hard headed guy? Thats my problem? I have to give him special treatment because of that fact?

That line, you might not like and thats your right. But it is what it is, if I felt bad about it I would honestly say im sorry. But im not.

He made a second thread, after being told to cut it out. The first reply on the thread was "you looking to get banned" from bhends I believe. We all knew the situation. My line was a warning, keep it up and your gone. Could I have been professional and nice about it? Yeah, but I chose not to be and I see no problem with that.

Do I really enjoy banning him? No of course not..I want this place to be alive and loads of people, especially one who knows as much about football as Sport. But when you act like he does, my hands are tied.

If I really enjoyed it, he would of been gone because I had grounds for it.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 18855
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

See you guys.  I'm done. - Page 3 Empty Re: See you guys. I'm done.

Post by Zealous on Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:47 am

Come on now, If JD said "I'll enjoy banning you" in Jiposi's "scandal in La Liga" thread (which he made multiple parts of btw) how would that look? In fact how were Jiopsi's threads any different? It was obvious where they were going weren't they? Yet I saw no warnings for bans (unless there is something I missed which is possible).

Sport is hard headed but I never said it was your problem, it's no one's problem but his own, however there's no need to be confrontational just lock the thread or move it to the Madrid section then give him a warning. Have a PM discussion or whatever it is you guys do, don't spill it over into the thread.

Like I said I appreciate your stance, it's cool you don't have to be defensive about it because I get it. A group of posters here make it difficult for you to gauge when to close threads or not, I'd be doing a worse job. But your comment, it didn't have to be there and if you didn't mean it you shouldn't have said it. I still have no idea why you posted it if you didn't mean it, what possible good could have come out of it? Scare everyone else so that they don't make similar threads? I don't know man I'm cool with your stance except that point.

You had grounds to give him a warning sure I agree. I'm not sure you had grounds to make it a confrontation though.

My two cents, I'm criticising the action, not you. I like you, you're cool. It's just that I think you could have handled this better.


_________________
See you guys.  I'm done. - Page 3 Bx_jALWIcAASRVx
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 16098
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

See you guys.  I'm done. - Page 3 Empty Re: See you guys. I'm done.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum