Bellabong
Albiceleste
FilipeFerreira
24 posters

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

League of Legends - Page 4 Empty Re: League of Legends

Post by Ali Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:00 pm

Juveman17 wrote:Just bought and played with Olaf top build, he is a great tank. Can take the 2 v 1 and even 3 v 1 at times. He is able to make the the difference when it matters.

How are you building him? I used to love playing Olaf ! Just got to gold recently, can maybe get plat by the end of the month but I'm having a blast trying out DOTA 2

Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:58 pm

Ali"The Superman"8775 wrote:
Juveman17 wrote:Just bought and played with Olaf top build, he is a great tank. Can take the 2 v 1 and even 3 v 1 at times. He is able to make the the difference when it matters.

How are you building him? I used to love playing Olaf ! Just got to gold recently, can maybe get plat by the end of the month but I'm having a blast trying out DOTA 2

This is the build I use

http://www.lolking.net/guides/225287
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:31 pm

League of Legends - Page 4 SlowImpressionableAdmiralbutterfly

Ongamenet The Champions [Korea]
Favourites to qualify for worlds: Samsung Galaxy White; SK Telecom T1 K; Samsuing Galaxy Blue
Dark Horses to qualify: KT Rolster Arrows; Najin White Shield

Current Status: Summer Edition; 1 out of 4 Quarterfinals played.

Schedule for remaining quarter finals (all matches are played at 0300PDT/0600EDT/1200CEST/1900KST):
http://www.twitch.tv/ongamenet
http://www.twitch.tv/ongamenet2 - Possible free HD stream for Friday games

Najin Black Sword vs. SK Telekom T1 S - Friday 18th of July
- winner plays KT Rolster Arrows in the Semi-finals.

Samsung Galaxy White vs. SK Telekom T1 K - Wednesday 23rd of July
Samsung Galaxy Blue vs. Jin Air Green Wings Stealths - Friday 25th of July

Info relevant to World Championship qualification:
- In order to earn enough points to qualify for the regional qualifiers for Korea's 3rd spot at Worlds KT Rolster Arrows must reach the Summer Final. IF CJ Entus Blaze earns 0 points through NLB (basically a kind of Europa League) then 3rd place will be good enough for Arrows to qualify for qualifiers as last seed.
- If SK T1 K defeats Samsung Galaxy White the two automatic qualifiers for Worlds will be Samsung Blue and SK T1 K.

How to watch OGN Vods (in HD) in English for free:
Copy the link to the broadcast you want to watch from http://www.twitch.tv/ongamenet/profile/pastBroadcasts
Then paste that link at  http://videotools.12pings.net/#!form/getvideo and follow the instructions.

Korean Vods:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWQeRMoEALvo30a_rocgapIjA-zUAGHIL

League of Legends - Page 4 LCSlogo
League Championship Series
Format:
8 Teams play each other 4 times in 11 week long Spring and Summer "splits".
Top 6 Teams automatically qualify for play-offs while the bottom two will drop to a relegation tournament to fight for survival. As it's relevant to the summer season the top 3 teams from the play-offs will qualify for worlds whilst the last - placed team from the play-offs (5th overall) will drop down to the relegation/promotion tournament to fight for survival.

League of Legends - Page 4 KQOlPfO
Favorites to qualify for Worlds: Counterlogic Gaming; LMQ Tian Ci iBUYPOWER; Team SoloMid
Dark Horses to qualify: Team Dignitas; Cloud9 HyperX

Current Status: 8 weeks of 11 played
Schedule: Matches start at 1200PDT/1500EST/2100CEST/0400KST on Saturdays and Sundays
http://www.twitch.tv/riotgames
https://www.youtube.com/user/LoLChampSeries

League of Legends - Page 4 5l1RDds
Favorites to qualify for Worlds: Alliance; Fnatic; SK Gaming
Dark Horses to qualifiy: too close to call.

Current Status Week 9 of 11 started
Schedule: Matches start at 0900PDT/1200EST/1800CEST/0100KST on Thursdays and Fridays.
http://www.twitch.tv/riotgames
https://www.youtube.com/user/LoLChampSeries

Last edited by Phritz on Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:13 pm

Wow thanks for the detailed info, I appreciate it!
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:03 pm

I like to watch lcs too sometimes , though lately most matches have not been so exciting (at least for me). Eventually you ll get bored watching almost the same picks and comps all the time. There are exceptions obviously , such as last night , Fnatic's Rekkles , their marksman , did a pentakill . Fkn pentakill in the lcs . I'd say Doublelift , Wildturtle and Rekkles are the current best marksmen in the world .

_

I read the posts Juveman . Well , as far as builds go. I am no one to give advice , you'd be better listening to what Phritz has to say , he really helped me personally as well . But , for the sake of discussion , i will say my opinion and what i learned from much better and experienced players . Do not follow builds to the core . Let me explain myself ; you should read a guide when you learn a champion from scratch , i recommend that yes. Learn from someone who has mastered the champs basics (at the very least that is). But following a certain build is most of the times wrong , i've come to learn (this goes even for marksmen sometimes) . Most champions have 2, max 3 core items , that you will build more than often. But most of the time you will have to make alterations - adjustments to be competitive , in your lane and later on.

When you build something , before you even begin building said item , you should ask yourself these two important questions ; 1. ( based on every single bit of information you can gather from the game atm and by your own experience to analyse that )
What will happen in the next 10 minutes ? ( and based on that : )

2. What i want/will have to be doing in the next 10 minutes?

1. Sometimes you may have to choose between risking your lane for roaming . Succesfull roaming could mean anything to turrets or dragon or ace or triple kill or all of them at once! If done correctly that is. If you decide to roam and take something that will help you roam more efficiently but you fail your roaming ... you will get back to your lane with a great disadvantage and it's also likely , you will have no turret once you get back. Decide carefully , because it can mean the outcome of a game , depending on how it went . I main mid lane and i have to call these decisions each and every game and i have lost games for my team all by myself and other times i have increased our chances of a win dramatically.. Remember this , you can never win a game solely by your own decisions-actions , but you can sure as hell lose one by yourself. I've seen hardfought comebacks fail in an instant because someone did something extremely stupid as to clear jungle wraiths when he should have come with us. Or having teleport with an empty base and a ward near by and going on foot before the enemy shows up . I've seen too many games being thrown away by just 1 silly decision and this includes me being the one to blame at times.  

2. Sometimes between getting tanky for your team's sake but at expense of kills . Mostly goes for junglers. Most junglers build tanky anyway , but occasionaly they happen to get fed and they do a grave mistake. They go full herp derp and build more offense than they usually need , because they think they will roflstomp anyway , seeing they already doing it. And in the next 10 or so minutes where the enemy team will get more gold and items and everything , they will get focused because they got fed and at best they will get 2-3 kills max and feed at least the same or double , because they will have no bonus defences , dramaticaly increasing the chances their team loses the game in the end.

3.Sometimes between building against your direct opponent or the fed mid laner/marksman . It is FAR more difficult to decide than it seems. If the enemy fed player is getting fed during the first minutes and it's not you who feeds. You should start building your first core item and then get the biggest counter for the fed one as 2nd. If its between 13-30 . Then you have to pretty much build 2 items to counter said player and also accomodate these items to be a good fit in your build. If you choose to ignore him , you can build stuff to help your team overcome the threat , such as if you were a jungler , build Aegis if the enemy APC is fed e.t.c . I wouldn't recommend that unless you know your team well . Or you can take a big risk : say mid laner is 5 kills by the first 10 minutes. You are top with olaf. You were building hydra , say you had tiamat and now you have money to complete hydra . Instead , take hexdrinker and 1st/2nd tier boots and coordinate a gank with your jungler at mid. Not only 3 of your team will get assist money if you get him , but if you take the kill , you will get much more money than you would get with getting hydra and trying to kill your top opponent in your lane . After you have the 500gold , you go back to your lane , farm some bit and then go back to complete hydra. You will eventually get to overcome your toplaner if you're good enough and get on par with the other fed player , thus helping your team to win against previously/currently bad odds.

4. Sometimes you may even have to build completely out of your way . Let me give a personal example . I main Zed and when i started learning all things shadow , it was one of these games that i just HAD to feed as Zed and couldn't do shit anymore . What did i do? I foresaw what the game would be in the next 10 minutes and i realised i would not do much neither in lane nor in teamfights. So , i built a splitpushing build on Zed . I sold Blade of the Ruined King to get Hydra , 2nd item boots of mobility and started light splitpushing and farming whatever i could find. Once i had the gold , 3rd item i got was STATIK SHIV ON ZED ,ohh yes and then i started heavy splitpushing in coordination with my team. Eventually got the 4th item , Youmous Ghostblade ( movement speed boost helped a ton when they were chasing me ) . Even if Zed is not one of the best at it , or simply there were others who could have done it better with their champ , i did it cause i was very much behind i would only keep feeding. So , i planned it well with my team and it worked in the end , thus making amends for my feeding. But splitpushing without coordination is guaranteed defeat for your team. Splitpushing is a great method to win games , but only if said team executes it thouroughly together as planned.. as weird as it sounds , you will not succesfully splitpush on your own , especially against good opponents , ever. You need almost the entire opponent's field warded and you need your team to bait them with distructions and you to not miss farm when you see a lane blocked. Teleport is also a great way to boost your splitpushing , even though only top laners will get it. So consider it , because not only can bring you immediately into a fight once your team needs you , but if you happen to feed or simply you didnt have a solid impact in the game , you can use it to splitpush once you see 4 or 5 of their team pushing one of your turrets . It will wreck them if they decide to take inner mid turret and you take 1-2 turrets and an inhib because of it .

There are so much more , but this is too long already. But remember , you can literally thrive if you only can be 1 or 2 steps ahead of your opponents . I also learned something these last days , never play lol if you're on tilt or you simply bored and want to pass the time. I learned that to my grief Laughing

I even let kills pass by , i was too bored to chase them down Laughing . You wouldn't believe the flame either Laughing
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:38 pm

Dante wrote:I'd say Doublelift , Wildturtle and Rekkles are the current best marksmen in the world

Imp, Uzi, Weixiao, Pray, Deft and Piglet are better Wink
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:42 pm

Phritz wrote:
Dante wrote:I'd say Doublelift , Wildturtle and Rekkles are the current best marksmen in the world

Imp, Uzi, Weixiao, Pray, Deft and Piglet are better Wink

I only recognise Weixiao and Piglet from these..and i think i've seen the name Imp on LCS before , but not much other than that. I guess they are Koreans? dont know much about Korean teams and players , except that they play the game better than everyone else Laughing

Faker Senpai , what a player Proud

anyway , even if these 3 are not the best , which might as well be very true , you surely agree that they are great players and on their day at least , they can be considered as such. I saw doublelift the other day and he was just wrecking stuff , absolutely great. Turtle is efficient even when it's not his day and can just do stuff out of nowhere sometimes..

Rekkles has great consistency and i think , is the most promising adc player i've seen. He doesn't have the experience other adcs have on this stage , but once he gets there , he will surely be one of the best, imo always.

Anyway , i'd like to also see these players you mentioned , maybe i ll catch up next time they play ,
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:04 pm

Nice advice Dante. Ill definitely be trying all of those tips Smile
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:44 pm

:bow:

Nautilus :bow:

BTW as a reminder; the OGN quarters between arguably the 2 best teams in the world are tomorrow at 12PM Central European Time on http://www.twitch.tv/ongamenet

follow the instructions in this http://www.goallegacy.net/t1300p72-league-of-legends#1255914 post if you want to watch HD english commentary VODS.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:43 am

Thats epic. Is the new map now out?
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:13 am

Trying to use Sivir now. Any tips? She's kinda tough to kill enemy champs i need to get used to her.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:24 pm

Juveman17 wrote:Trying to use Sivir now. Any tips? She's kinda tough to kill enemy champs i need to get used to her.

Sivir used to be part of the s4 holy trinity of adcs, Jinx Lucian and her but not anymore, she feels very weak atm but a strong sivir can be very scary. She's not a 1 v 1 champion if that's what you mean by killing enemy champions but she's really, really good for the team, she does a lot of AoE and she gives her team a free engage. Builds right now for her go like double dorans, infinity, berzerks, statik (shiv is always better on her than phantom), and the rest is situational
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:30 pm

Juveman17 wrote:Trying to use Sivir now. Any tips? She's kinda tough to kill enemy champs i need to get used to her.

biggest tip i can give you is don't play Sivir Laughing

On a more serious note tho(bare me on this Juveman , it may help you take some good decisions ). There's a tip , or more likely a method , that at least worked for me ; like really worked for me , probably even beyond the adc role !

Make Draven the first ADC you 'master' and also learn all things adc with . If you can get at that level where :

1. you can kite without missing axes
2. you can orbwalk without missing axes
3. you can trade in lane without missing axes
4. teamfight without missing (all of your)axes
5. clear waves fast without missing axes
6. defend turret/siege turret without missing axes
7. Use of global ultimate in a way that always brings you something back (kill in 1v1 , bigfarm , steal a dragon , snipe a kill, steal a buff or even Baron , get assists if you happen to be far from a teamfight )

8. last but not least , know when to willingly let an axe go . It will improve your positioning (and understanding of it..) and with a few words , is what separates the good draven from the great Draven . And that is a huge difference in quality ; a good draven is able to catch his axes and will go for it at all times. A great Draven knows that you can't hope to catch them all no matter your skill and more often than not , you have to sacrifice them for your own safety. A good draven is good with draven but cant play all other adcs at the same level.. a trully great draven plays ALL adcs as if it's nothing to him. With Draven , you but also your enemy , have the visual know of the situation , what your next step is supposed to be . That is a major disadvantage for you and if you learn to cope against that with whatever ways available , you'll be fine with any adc after that. That is something no other adc can offer you , as in adc role learning proccess .

I fundamendaly believe any ADC who respects himself HAS TO know how to play Draven at an acceptable level . Every other adc after Draven is hilariously easy to play. First time Lucian i did 18-5 , first time Cait 13-2 , Jinx was a piece of cake too every other time i played her. I know that's not what you wanted to read , but sometimes in earlier stages in this game , you don't know what questions you should ask either.

I'd say , only go for Sivir if you like her SO MUCH , that is a thing to you. If it isn't , there are ADCs that do her job , much , much better. Sivir works well within premade teams or generally well coordinated teams , because of her kit and general luckluster dps compared to the best adcs around .

Closing out to say that Draven IS NOT what we call OP these days. Far from that. He has insane DPS sure .. but why make your life more difficult? Take Lucian , Jinx , Tristana , Cogmaw , CAITLYN , Twitch ... adcs champs that make adc a hell of alot more easier for the player.

But Draven will allow you to achieve something that noone of these can offer so quickly and with such profound clarity . Huge improvement in general mechanical skill and reward/punishment for your own decisions and actions . And as a plus , every other ADC is easily accesible after going places with Draven. He's not getting played so much anymore because other adcs do what he does A LOT easier , but that doesn't mean he's useless.

So if you want to learn to play an ADC , or even main that *who knows what will happen* , get Draven . I had crazy fun with Draven and i still do when i get to play adc. The feeling of playing a character that is so demanding and getting good at , is exceptionally fun on the road , a journey that you will absolutely won't regret , unless you genuinely dont like Draven , then this post has been in veine Laughing .

I can guarantee you , absolutelly 100% GUARANTEE you that , if you can manage to achieve that with Draven , there will be NO adc you won't play easily as fok straight away. I fully understand that this is no sivir tip , but trust me , you can play every other adc very easily after you are a solid draven player.

Draven is the epitome of ADC difficulty , at least as far as LOL difficulty goes. And it's not just the axes , damnit if it only was that . To tell you just how important learning Draven for an ADC player is . Not 2 days ago , i was playing Draven in a normal game and it happened there was a Diamond V player playing Draven on the opposite team , duo with a gold support . For me who's Bronze 1 atm , that is quite the challenge to overcome and i was thinking before the game that i would surely feed hard Laughing .

With a few words , i won my lane rather easily and i also had a great game as Draven . Why? Because i have played much more Draven than him. Fun fact , both me and him happened to main Mid Lane , we're not even adc players. Yet you'd think as a Diamond player he would destroy me , but no ; Draven is different than every other adc around.

But really , most important of all is what you like best . You like Sivir best? Go for it , you will eventually learn all what you would with Draven anyway. But know that it will take you longer and also know that , your general skill has room for improvement if you have omitted Draven from your adc pool . It can be very frustrating at first , sure.. but it gets better and better and then some.

I once reached a point with Draven where i went from bot lane turret to inner bot lane turret without missing a single axe , taking both turrets and obviously most of the minions coming my way. No other adc will offer your such a chance to measure your mechanical skill , or mini games like that. And believe me when i say , mechanical skill on adc is of paramount importance. At first glance you think , "u wot m8 u just righ click m8" , but it takes to main the role to fully get just how good your mechanics have to be. From laning to end game.

Add Draven mechanics to that and you will see how important it is to learn Draven if you trully seek to advance as a player , at least at some point in the game. You will become better after playing Draven as an adc , even if you don't decide to stick with him by any means.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:39 pm

Ali\"The Superman"8775 wrote:

Sivir used to be part of the s4 holy trinity of adcs, Jinx Lucian and her but not anymore, she feels very weak atm but a strong sivir can be very scary. She's not a 1 v 1 champion if that's what you mean by killing enemy champions but she's really, really good for the team, she does a lot of AoE and she gives her team a free engage. Builds right now for her go like double dorans, infinity, berzerks, statik (shiv is always better on her than phantom), and the rest is situational

It was sometime around when i begun playing the game , i remember how much she was being played . These days , meh total opposite , it's actually been quite a while i've seen Sivir picked in a game . Also good points about the rest , agreed .

These days is all about Tristana & Lucian , Kog and Jinx . Occasionaly Draven / Vayne / Twitch /Ez / Ashe mains here and there , but not nearly seen as much as before.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:30 am

Wow thanks for the large post Dante. I'll definitely buy Draven and try him out. I love Sivir since she is amazing at pushing lanes. I've been getting better with landing her Q attacks at the right time. I never knew she used to be popular, since she was dirt cheap when I got her (400 points?). Anyways thanks for the post guys. Just curious, what are all of your levels in game? I'm currently a 19.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:27 pm

I need to buy both Draven and Braum but i only have 4000 points to spend Sad

#TheStruggleofalvl20
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:47 am

Had my best game as Sivir (possibly LoL) and we still lost. I died in a turret fight and then the two teammates who were alive died after that and we lost Sad

There was a time where i was last one alive and defended nexus with one turret left vs ash and morgana. Thats why i love sivir, she can push lanes and hold turrets like nobody can.

League of Legends - Page 4 RF3kF2C
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:51 am

I'm lvl 30 since February . I begun playing the game in December , although i had an account made somewhere between the end of season 2 or at the start of season 3. It's been so long i am not even sure now. It was when Shaco was an absolute nightmare in the game , i mean his trully OP days that lead to his countless nerfs. I remember myself asking my little bro , who basically brought me into the game , what's the absolutely most irritating champ to play against Laughing . And he describes Shaco to me ; i was like FFS , i am making an account just to play this Laughing .

For some reason i abandoned the game after only a few days , still not sure why.  

For you being lvl 19 yet.. you should know that , your IP gains after each match will begin to decrease after you reach a certain level(i think there's a decrease in IP after 24+ , not sure right now). I know for sure you will get far less at lvl 30 , so now that you have a greater income of IP , choose carefully and precisely what you want to do with it .

First of all , you will need runes . You absolutely need at the very least , 2 rune pages and the most basic of starts is , one AD standard rune page and one of AP .

Standard AD : AD reds. Armor yellows. Magic resistance blues. AD quints
Standard AP : M.Penetration/AP reds. Armor yellows. Magic res blues. AP quints.

But , you can't slot ALL tier 1 runes before lvl 30 i think. The slots are unlocked by each lvl gained. You can either wait and buy them all at once , or buy them lvl by lvl . Your lvl 19 , so you can buy Tier 1. Buy all the tier 1 the game allows you to slot in and add the rest when you get the next level. From that base , all sorts of runepage variations can occur and SHOULD occur . Meaning , you can adjust your runepages with different runes each time you play. Up to you.

Later on , maybe as soon as possible if you plan on playing support frequently , you pick your fav support and buy a 3rd rune page and fill it with runes that suit your favourite support . That takes a lot of time if the support is anything above 3150.

Now , i remember this struggle of choice. Do i get the runes first or do i get the champs i really want. I did something to balance the situation. I remember when i specifically bought Draven between 15-20 and then exactly after that , all my IP went into his runepage , even when i could not slot them at the time . Calculate the overall cost then proceed on other stuff if you cant slot everything. Then i got Brand , which i really liked at the time and got the AP standard rune page. That's what i did at least. Ultimately , it's down to you , but i am pretty sure many have been and continue to advice towards RUNES.

Like , get as much runes as you can get before 30. It takes some time to get lvl 30 and so you can buy 1-2-3 champs that you absolutely like. This way you will have your fav champs to fall back to , but most importantly , you will have runes in abundance by then . I don't know really , do what you like. I remember being frequently told i should get runes , but i only got 2 pages . All the rest i spent it on champions.

Just remember that your IP income will decrease after lvl 30. At 19lvl , you re still fine with getting lots of IP but not THAT far from that end . So , even if you choose to get champs first.. do at least get/save for 1 full runepage for your fav champ. At least to fall back on that when you need it.

If i knew what i know now , i would seriously get just my 1-2 fav champs and get all the runes i could buy with the rest of IP before getting lvl30. And in the mean time , play my favourites and improve on them but also practise with the free ones each week. This way , not only you get a great understanding of your mains , but also get to practise new stuff , check up on things , what you like or don't like , what you can't play or could play really well given time , how certain items work with different champs e.t.c And this way you will have an idea of what a champ is like for future purposes , either for buying them or facing them , it's usefull have a basic idea.

Ultimately it's down to you , there's no wrong you can do really. But think about it well. Afterall , you will be playing a lot down the road so you will buy lots of stuff as time goes by. Think of your IP as a way to improve your experience in the game before anything . If that is a new champ that you feel you will enjoy , then get it. If that is making a champ you already have even better in the game , take the runes or be prudent and take yet another rune page , something that you will have to do one day if you want to play ranked. I currently have 6 and i am just bronze 1. ( though i failed my provisionals , got 3-7 and got placed in bronze 1 .. i have played just 1 ranked game in Bronze 1 and i was the only bronze player in both teams , all the rest were silver 2-1 .. 1 game 1 win , muh skills Proud )

IMPORTANT : Only buy tier 1 runes , dont spend 1 ip to get anything below that.

VERY IMPORTANT : Get at least 1 rune page for each role down the road , trust me , it's well worth it . You won't always get what you want in this game , better to have these runepages just sitting there for a time of need than be sorry playing Leona with ADC runepage ( Proud )
( muh Korean Leona tho Proud )

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT : The game offers you a great gift , 3 refunds. But only 3 . Save these . Save these like gold. Don't waste refunds on IP purchases. Later on you may like a skin or two , probably more than that. Mayhaps you would get a skin you like and few days later your main's skin comes out and you dont have the RP atm , or just don't want to spend more on RP after already getting some . Say you didn't like skin ffs or what have you. Save the refunds for RP only. Do not waste them like i did , i refunded fiddlesticks to get Draven because i couldn't wait Proud . Really , i knew that was dumb even as i clicked it. But yeah lol
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:59 am

Juveman17 wrote:Had my best game as Sivir (possibly LoL) and we still lost. I died in a turret fight and then the two teammates who were alive died after that and we lost Sad

There was a time where i was last one alive and defended nexus with one turret left vs ash and morgana. Thats why i love sivir, she can push lanes and hold turrets like nobody can.

you did well , though you could always have done better. ALWAYS. I'd say you lost because of the team comp , wtf 2 adcs and a teemo(satan die) Laughing

well , in my provisionals i had a game with Draven like 19 kills , something.. and we still lost. Your kda is important , but not everything. A proper teams will always beat an impressive kda , most of the time at least.

I see you really enjoy Sivir , maybe you should stick with her .. you can always learn Draven later , or what have you. You will also experience this particular game again in the future , it's inevitable that you will Proud . Just try to recognise what you did well and what you didn't. And obviously , as an ADC , your farm should be exceptional , even though you have room for improvement on that.

I see the game was 51 minutes long , but i cant see your farm . What was your overall CS amount ? The PRO minimum is at least 100cs every 10 minutes , some even go beyond that. What was yours in this game?
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:02 am

Damn good ideas Dante. I havent touched my rune page since like lvl 10 so i need to do that. Ive always set up my masteries but i just didnt bother to do anything with runes. My goal is to have at least one champ for each position. Atm this is what my setup is.

Top: Olaf
Mid: Cass, Xerath
ADC: Sivir, Ashe
Supp: None
Jung: Eve

Champs who I bought but have no clue how to play and or bought them a long time ago:

Syndra, Cho Gath

Champs left who I want to buy: Draven, Braum

Current IP: 4153

I used to only play Cass as my main since she was the first champ i really felt good with (loved her r so much) but i wanted to expand my options and started playing Xerath. Before Cass, Ashe was the first champ i like alot. But i would always flip around champs which is prob how i bought Syndra and Cho gath.

Also, just hit lvl 20 and unlocked a new rune page i think. Still not sure which runes to invest in and or main as.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:05 am

Dante wrote:
Juveman17 wrote:Had my best game as Sivir (possibly LoL) and we still lost. I died in a turret fight and then the two teammates who were alive died after that and we lost Sad

you did well , though you could always have done better. ALWAYS. I'd say you lost because of the team comp , wtf 2 adcs and a teemo(satan die) Laughing

well , in my provisionals i had a game with Draven like 19 kills , something.. and we still lost. Your kda is important , but not everything. A proper teams will always beat an impressive kda , most of the time at least.

I see you really enjoy Sivir , maybe you should stick with her .. you can always learn Draven later , or what have you. You will also experience this particular game again in the future , it's inevitable that you will Proud . Just try to recognise what you did well and what you didn't. And obviously , as an ADC , your farm should be exceptional , even though you have room for improvement on that.

I see the game was 51 minutes long , but i cant see your farm . What was your overall CS amount ? The PRO minimum is at least 100cs every 10 minutes , some even go beyond that. What was yours in this game?

lol i called ADC first, guy joined in chat later and said adc. Proceeded to claim he called it first. Then my fellow teammates copy and pasted the chat room which showed i called it first. He then proceeded to mute me the entire game Laughing

Yea you're right, i need to always try and look at what i could have done better. Atm Sivir is really fun and at first i only bought here since she was dirt cheap but now im really starting to like here.

And sorry Dante I forgot my CS that game but ill keep in mind the stats for CS and see how i do next game. Thanks for the advice.

Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:43 am

Juveman17 wrote:Damn good ideas Dante. I havent touched my rune page since like lvl 10 so i need to do that. Ive always set up my masteries but i just didnt bother to do anything with runes. My goal is to have at least one champ for each position. Atm this is what my setup is.

Top: Olaf
Mid: Cass, Xerath
ADC: Sivir, Ashe
Supp: None
Jung: Eve

Champs who I bought but have no clue how to play and or bought them a long time ago:

Syndra, Cho Gath

Champs left who I want to buy: Draven, Braum

Current IP: 4153

I used to only play Cass as my main since she was the first champ i really felt good with (loved her r so much) but i wanted to expand my options and started playing Xerath. Before Cass, Ashe was the first champ i like alot. But i would always flip around champs which is prob how i bought Syndra and Cho gath.

Also, just hit lvl 20 and unlocked a new rune page i think. Still not sure which runes to invest in and or main as.

I also started with Cass in mid , still play a game or two when i feel like it Proud

Xerath is OP right now. Difficult to get the hang of , very rewarding once you are fully confident you can do stuff with him. The #Siege is REAL. Really , Xerath is a great choice right now , nice buy! I'd even say play more Xerath that Cassio these days , Cass has great dps and all , but once you get at a higher lvl as a player , you ll see it is quite hard to pull it off.. no escapes in this meta is suicide really.

Well ,as for runes. I won't expand yet again on runes , runes are extremely important and you should not neglect them now that your IP income is good. At tje very least get sivirs. If you're not sure which ones to get. That's what guides are for! Especially for things like that , something to start things off. Try Solomid for guides , u will find what's best there. http://www.solomid.net/

hint : Syndra is OP . For a new player , she's kinda hard i agree. Damnit she's hard for many people , new or not. But she's OP as of now in the right hands . Syndra was a great buy and i am quite sure you will get back on Syndra at some point. The "secret" is , of course , Quickcast. Not sure how i forgot to mention this earlier .. Trust me on this. QUICKCAST is the only way to play LOL as it's meant to be played. At first it will be frustrating. Especially now that you are in your learning ways , RElearning how to play with quickcast will seem very tricky. But trust me , not 3-4 games after , you will have the hang of it. And then you will see the true way. The Quickcast way Proud

Right now go in settings and adjust it to quickcast , don't even think about it.

As for your setup. I'd say 1 champ for each role is good for the time being. Learn them , discover what they can and cannot do well. But later on when you decide you want to play ranked , or just got bored of the same ; you need at least 2 in each role. Which ones you get first is up to you , i already can't decide what i want and i have at least 2 for each role . I have postponed that Thresh for goodness knows how many MONTHS now Laughing

As for your CS. Practise it. Research about it. CS is everything . Damnit. CS needs a post on it's own. It's very important that you find ways to improve your cs , there are info all over the internet for this . And if you are going to be an adc player , your CS should be exceptionally good. ALWAYS..

As for the dude who got Varus.. man i can't say how many times i've seen bs like this. These days? If it's a normal game and i see people getting 2 mids or 2 tops or 2 of the same. Dodge the game straight away. It's not worth it. It's just 5 minutes of wait. 2nd time it's 15 though.. but always dodge the first one. Like really , 5 minutes of wait are worth it instead of at least 20-30 of struggle and unfun. We all have to play these games from time to time tho , you cant always avoid these..

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:03 am

I agree, Xerath was a tough start but i stayed with him and he rewarded me. Dude his R is soooo OP. You can snipe players so well Smile

Cool ill check solomid and start of with runes for sivir.

Damn really is she? I havent played her in such a long time i forgot about her stabilizes and how to play her. But i need to try sooner rather than later.

Wait what is quickcast? Ill switch to it now lol

Dude i finished this game 1/0/5 with only 72 CS in 21 minutes Sad

Didnt know CS was that important, im definitely going to focus improving it. Thanks for letting me know.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:03 am

Just played a game, went 8/6/6 and got 279 CS in a 45 min game. I did better this game with CS so hopefully I continue improving on it. We ended up losing and the Ryze on my team raged hard, cursed a ton, and sound like this:

"OMG ADC YOU'RE SO **** BAD JUNG WTF WARD SUPP YOU NEED WARDS OMG U GUYS SUK FOCUS ON LEBLANC" Laughing
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:24 am

Jinx pushes harder and safer than Sivir; because of her kiting passive, ult and auto-attack reset/burst potential/spell shield she is actually the ADC with the shortest attack range (joined recently by Lucian) and in siege situations she's there to aid a dive with her ult to buff the team bruisers/tanks because she puts herself in a really risky position attacking the tower. Cait is one of the best for early pressure/tower damage because of her range.

Keep playing Sivir if you like her, any champion works, there are so many examples of high elo people, even in Korea who only play one champ everywhere.

prt scrn -> Ctrl+V in paint -> Save as PNG -> upload to imgur
Smile

This is what happens when I duo queue with a really bad friend in Silver (Silver is the average of EUW ranked, there's a million above silver 3 and there's a million below silver 3 in EUW) Only loss was me in my worst role and my friends feeding being too out of control Sad

League of Legends - Page 4 FeuVjt1

Quickcast is when you press the spell button (1234567/qwer/df) the spell immediately casts in the direction of your cursor. To get a feel for it try out Karthus and Cassiopeia Q's as they're smartcast only (what it used ot be called).

It's just whichever you prefere - One of the best players ever  (Toys; too bad we'll never see a Toys vs. Faker match-up as Toyz career was cut short by Carpal-Tunnel; the ACL of PC gaming Sad) doesn't use quickcast so it's not like you really, really have to use it. Personally I use it; but turn it off for certain skills.

CS is the 2nd most important thing after objectives (Buffs, Dragon, Towers etc) as it is a guaranteed reliable source of income.

Let me put it into this perspective: 1 kill is around 18 CS (3 waves; excluding the 50g cannon every 3 waves) so if the enemy gets a kill on you, but you're 19 CS ahead you guys are even; (but not exp depending if you lose a big wave to tower etc).

I hope that Ryze didn't say something along the lines of stop focus tank because I don't know how that cropped up in low play but that's exactly what you're supposed to do xD

I can't believe I didn't post these before...
League of Legends Stick Figure Spotlight Series:

I'm preparing a post on on the teams we would likely see at the World Championships as well as historical greats and and significant and popular individual players Smile Or would you guys like Vods of some fo the greatest games first?

Here's a short "intro" to some LoL history:

And of course the most important people in LoL:

Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:28 pm

Thanks for all that info Phritz. Ill definitely continue to keep track of my CS and try to improve it.

Just curious, what should the CS be for other positions in LoL? Especially Jungle?

And you should definitely do a post about teams and historical greats, I would appreciate it Smile

Ill check out the vids as well Smile
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down