adnyana179
McAgger
The Madrid One
estrella bernabeu
Babun
71 posters

Page 6 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next

Go down

El Clasico at Santiago Bernabeu - Page 6 Empty Re: El Clasico at Santiago Bernabeu

Post by Onyx Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:33 pm

It's more satisfying if we play their best team, so Pique should play.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

El Clasico at Santiago Bernabeu - Page 6 Empty Re: El Clasico at Santiago Bernabeu

Post by Babun Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:14 pm

mtfootball wrote:It's more satisfying if we play their best team, so Pique should play.

Look people, the proof that he doesn't support Farca eco smile
I share your opinion on the matter, no excuses = 3x trolling eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:51 am

Doc wrote:That is a realistic post to be honest. I could really see Barcelona taking the lead and us chasing that draw which we would probably get. I've never been fooled by any form Barcelona is in. Those a-holes always show up for big games. And yes, due to their record against Real Madrid recently, they'll be considered slight favourites.

Yeah it has always been the same, form really doesn't matter in Clasicos.
It's all about who has more fighting sprit and winning mentality.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:17 am

Adit wrote:A post to piss off overconfident guys Smile

Puyol wont start,mehscherano that is.

Might as well see fabrgas instead of villa i wont be surprised.

343? Not sure ,433 has been working against us why change it lol?

Barcelona are the favourites and they need to win it too.Dont let their "poor form" cloud your views when was form a depending factor in clasico matches ?
Last year we were in pretty good form but got destroyed.

Expecting Barca to win midfield battle easily and nick a goal first then madrid to chase it to draw..But of course im hoping for a win,its a 6 pointer match.

Im 100% sure we wont win this tie though,because this barca team is a champion team unlike some old teams who went and finished third when they face hard tasks or when in declining.

Contrary to popular believe we are actually a possession side.

Even though we have some great counter attacking players and goals countering this barca all the time is a lost cause.

Their tactics is simple,break your shape by moving full backs further forward and putting inside forwards to keep our wingbacks back.

Then there remains 2 barca CBs and 3 midfilders against 4 opposition players.5 vs 4 ,midfield battle is lost,add messi droping deep and CBs unable to track him,6 vs 4......dead.

Since we will not have the ball it is impossible to score and it is easy too see their calm and composed defenders will block our occasional counters by fantastic positioning and reading of the game.

either that or u know jack sht about football. its the former of course.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by ijomer Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:43 am

The Madrid One wrote:
Adit wrote:A post to piss off overconfident guys Smile

Puyol wont start,mehscherano that is.

Might as well see fabrgas instead of villa i wont be surprised.

343? Not sure ,433 has been working against us why change it lol?

Barcelona are the favourites and they need to win it too.Dont let their "poor form" cloud your views when was form a depending factor in clasico matches ?
Last year we were in pretty good form but got destroyed.

Expecting Barca to win midfield battle easily and nick a goal first then madrid to chase it to draw..But of course im hoping for a win,its a 6 pointer match.

Im 100% sure we wont win this tie though,because this barca team is a champion team unlike some old teams who went and finished third when they face hard tasks or when in declining.

Contrary to popular believe we are actually a possession side.

Even though we have some great counter attacking players and goals countering this barca all the time is a lost cause.

Their tactics is simple,break your shape by moving full backs further forward and putting inside forwards to keep our wingbacks back.

Then there remains 2 barca CBs and 3 midfilders against 4 opposition players.5 vs 4 ,midfield battle is lost,add messi droping deep and CBs unable to track him,6 vs 4......dead.

Since we will not have the ball it is impossible to score and it is easy too see their calm and composed defenders will block our occasional counters by fantastic positioning and reading of the game.

either that or u know jack sht about football. its the former of course.

better be a jynx post Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
ijomer
ijomer
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:51 pm

We need to pressure them high up the field like we did in the super cup.

Also we've improved our possession play since then and Sahin is also back.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:37 pm

I think a lot of you are overly concentrated on last year, both for this upcoming classico and today's Gijon game.

Things are a lot different than last year.
1) we have improve significantly. We have much more chemistry going, solid defense and best front line in world right now, including over Messi and Co. Plus our confidence level has never been higher. Yes it will be a tough classico game, but our chances are a way different than they were last year or even from the supercup games.

2) Barcelona is weaker this year. Whether it is due to injuries or off form or just too long at the top, it is obvious they have not been playing as well this year and their road record is incredibly poor. They certainly have it in them to raise their game, but to assume they can destroy us again this year is just wrong.

3) Gijon is no where near the level (not that it was high last year), they were when they played us last year. Folks are making a big deal about their stadium, but I grew up near this stadium and it never has been perceived as a solid home stadium. Last year was simply a result of Mou firing coach, player and fans up and as a result they played way over their heads. This year Mou has smartly kept quiet and they sold off 3 of their better players so although they may be capable of keeping score down by playing over their heads again, to suggest an 18th place team can win against us is just wrong.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by anirudhkitt Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:33 am

I wonder who will play at right back if arbeloa is not fit enough to play the game. I hope ramos is not shifted to the RB position.
anirudhkitt
anirudhkitt
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:08 am

anirudhkitt wrote:I wonder who will play at right back if arbeloa is not fit enough to play the game. I hope ramos is not shifted to the RB position.

i think the days of ramos at RB are over

if arbeloa is hurt, lass, coentrao, albiol, and varane can fill in.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by anirudhkitt Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:21 am

deezydeez wrote:
anirudhkitt wrote:I wonder who will play at right back if arbeloa is not fit enough to play the game. I hope ramos is not shifted to the RB position.

i think the days of ramos at RB are over

if arbeloa is hurt, lass, coentrao, albiol, and varane can fill in.

Yeah that is exactly what i meant.....none of the options offer me any sort of confidence. Hope Arbeloa is fit for the Barcelona match. Speaking of which i wonder who amongst Benzema and Higuain will Mourinho play. I think Benzema will get the nod ahead of him, but Higuain always brings his game against Barcelona.
anirudhkitt
anirudhkitt
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:28 am

one week before the clasico he is still not fit?

i doubt Arbeloa will start. There is absolutely no reason not to go with an inform and performing player.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ijomer Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:24 am

albiol is NOT an option please!

Arbeloa is the best bet, he is best defensive full back we have!!! and is great when positioning himself!

if he's not fit! then Lass Smile I won't wanna see a new experiment being done in el clasico on right back position by putting someone like coentrao who onl played one game to play there....

But then again, remember against athletic bilbao last yr we played pepe for first time in DM position? and just a week later he shined in that position against barcelona

you never know what moe can do!!!
ijomer
ijomer
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:48 am

Arbeloa is always consistent and one small injury doesn't change him.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by estrella bernabeu Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:23 pm

I think Barcelona will play with the yesterday (Rayo game also) starter 11.
Sanchez on over Pedro and Pique at CB.
estrella bernabeu
estrella bernabeu
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by H.A. Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:38 pm

Well I won't mind lass playing RB, he's been pretty good there defensively, he'll also be good for pressuring and aiding the midfield if needed. He could handle Sanchez imo or Villa if he starts. We just need to handle the offside traps properly and close down the spaces Very Happy
H.A.
H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by estrella bernabeu Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:04 pm

H.A. wrote:Well I won't mind lass playing RB, he's been pretty good there defensively, he'll also be good for pressuring and aiding the midfield if needed. He could handle Sanchez imo or Villa if he starts. We just need to handle the offside traps properly and close down the spaces Very Happy

El Clasico at Santiago Bernabeu - Page 6 23qzb0iEl Clasico at Santiago Bernabeu - Page 6 59zklw
estrella bernabeu
estrella bernabeu
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:07 pm

Maybe Mourinho tried Coentrao there yesterday to see if a left footed player would work at RB?

Barca's left wingers usually cut inside so having someone left footed at RB would kinda make sense.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:18 pm

I don't see lass as RB for the game on saturday against barca.
I keep thinking maybe coentrao but who knows.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:19 pm

Maybe, although if he was looking to set Coentrao up for that position, i think he would have deployed him there before. Coentrao never played there before, so it's still very new to him, and the added pressure of the clasico isnt going to help. It's very different from Pepe's situation because Pepe had a LOT of experience playing as a DM.

At this point, Lass is still the best bet to start the game, and he has everything going for him. He is fit, he is performing and mou likes him very much and trusts him greatly. He is also pretty good at tackling the midgets, so in 1v1, too bad for whoever is playing on the right for barca.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:22 pm

Coentrao at RB would neutralize Villa.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:27 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:Coentrao at RB would neutralize Villa.

Villa pretty much neutralizes himself at this point lol... i expect either Lass or Coentrao to own. He's nowhere near the player he used to be. Save that great shot in the supercup, he didn't do anything there either. i don't expect him to pull off a shot like that again.

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:31 pm

sportsczy wrote:

Villa pretty much neutralizes himself at this point lol... i expect either Lass or Coentrao to own. He's nowhere near the player he used to be. Save that great shot in the supercup, he didn't do anything there either. i don't expect him to pull off a shot like that again.

True, but he is a big game player and given his class we can't ignore him. Coentrao/Lass would handle him though.

They are all the least of our worries Messi is the only problem. hmm
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:39 pm

Our biggest problem is that our midfield isnt agile enough to stop messi (who will be act as a CM) providing throw balls left and right to Villa and sanches.

Lass is headless as a mid and cant pass for shet so he isnt an option.Watch super cup again,it was messi pulling throw balls that deceived us Mad and 5-0 of course..

Khedira and Xabi both gets easily bypassed by midgets

Last edited by Adit on Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:42 pm

sportsczy wrote:

I think that in essence you're right....but we still have to pay attention to him.He may deceive us.

No Arbeloa? how bad is his injury?

If Pedro play's I want someone sticking to him because he will position himself in places where he can score.Not sure how well Marcelo will do that......one of the glaring weaknesses he still has is man marking off one twos which Barca use alot.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:50 pm

Lass is too headless and can barely control the ball. Against Barca we need intelligent players.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:23 pm

Lass doesn't think fast and keep the ball too much, his number of turnovers are insane. against Barcelona he's not allowed to do such things. one simple mistake and we're screwed.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next