Zealous
S32TABLANCA
Baraa
shaven
futbol_bill
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

We sure like to criticise our own. Empty We sure like to criticise our own.

Post by futbol_bill Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:52 pm

I keep looking thru the various threads and have come to the conclusion that we sure like to put down our players (usually at the expense of someone else on team).

If you look at our line-up, we have probably the most outstanding set of forwards anywhere. CR7 is either # 1 or #2 player in world. Both Higgy and Benz are top 5 (at minimum) strikers in world, Ozil is one of the best CAMs. Di Maria is a wonderful young prospect that is teaming extremely well with the others. Kaka is showing some of his previous golden form and Callejon is turning out to be a valuable sub.

Our portero is the best in the world and young Adan is a more than adequate back-up. Our defense overall is second to none at this point. Ramos and Pepe compare to any CB duos. Varane is a very good youth talent. Carvalho and Albiol may be getting a little slow but they both have lots of experience and are just fine as subs. We do have some concerns about Albiol but his play this year, both with club and NT has been much better than last. Yes he did have a few bad moments yesterday, but for the 5th in line CB, he's Ok. Marcelo and Coentrao are best of class re LB and Arbeloa is a strong defender. Plus we have several players that can sub in at RB and provide adequate coverage.

Mid field is still our questionable area. Alonso is top notch. Khedira is solid, but unappreciated because of the quiet way he goes about getting job done. Sahin is a likely talent that we are still waiting to see him blossom, but I suspect once he does, most of our concerns will be resolved. Lass, Altintop, Granero and even Coentrao are not world class, but they aren't terrible either and quite suitable as back-ups. Sure they were a little rusty yesterday and for sure some of them should go next summer, but after playing the copa games, I think they will be just fine in form for back-up roles.

So all in all, we just happen to have an incredible team that is either 1 or 2 in europe (I would say world but Ganso will object) and we have far more depth than anyone including Barcelona.

Bottom line is we have reversed situation with Barcelona. We may not win all 3 trophies this year, but we will for sure win some of them and be in contention for all 3. And if you look at the age of the team, things will only get better in next couple of years.

It's funny when I saw our summer additions and compared to Barcelona, I felt we lost out again, but I underestimated the chemistry that was being developed. I had thought we needed another couple of years to surpass them, but I think we have done it. Maybe not yet surpassed them but we are at least equal to them at this point.

So in conclusion, I think we should be doing more praise and also recognizing what Mou is doing with line-up - building team chemistry, depth and using full squad.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

We sure like to criticise our own. Empty Re: We sure like to criticise our own.

Post by shaven Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:11 pm

title thread - like button here !

we are all better than the manager and president!!! Very Happy
shaven
shaven
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Baraa Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:52 pm

futbol_bill wrote:I keep looking thru the various threads and have come to the conclusion that we sure like to put down our players (usually at the expense of someone else on team).

If you look at our line-up, we have probably the most outstanding set of forwards anywhere. CR7 is either # 1 or #2 player in world. Both Higgy and Benz are top 5 (at minimum) strikers in world, Ozil is one of the best CAMs. Di Maria is a wonderful young prospect that is teaming extremely well with the others. Kaka is showing some of his previous golden form and Callejon is turning out to be a valuable sub.

Our portero is the best in the world and young Adan is a more than adequate back-up. Our defense overall is second to none at this point. Ramos and Pepe compare to any CB duos. Varane is a very good youth talent. Carvalho and Albiol may be getting a little slow but they both have lots of experience and are just fine as subs. We do have some concerns about Albiol but his play this year, both with club and NT has been much better than last. Yes he did have a few bad moments yesterday, but for the 5th in line CB, he's Ok. Marcelo and Coentrao are best of class re LB and Arbeloa is a strong defender. Plus we have several players that can sub in at RB and provide adequate coverage.

Mid field is still our questionable area. Alonso is top notch. Khedira is solid, but unappreciated because of the quiet way he goes about getting job done. Sahin is a likely talent that we are still waiting to see him blossom, but I suspect once he does, most of our concerns will be resolved. Lass, Altintop, Granero and even Coentrao are not world class, but they aren't terrible either and quite suitable as back-ups. Sure they were a little rusty yesterday and for sure some of them should go next summer, but after playing the copa games, I think they will be just fine in form for back-up roles.

So all in all, we just happen to have an incredible team that is either 1 or 2 in europe (I would say world but Ganso will object) and we have far more depth than anyone including Barcelona.

Bottom line is we have reversed situation with Barcelona. We may not win all 3 trophies this year, but we will for sure win some of them and be in contention for all 3. And if you look at the age of the team, things will only get better in next couple of years.

It's funny when I saw our summer additions and compared to Barcelona, I felt we lost out again, but I underestimated the chemistry that was being developed. I had thought we needed another couple of years to surpass them, but I think we have done it. Maybe not yet surpassed them but we are at least equal to them at this point.

So in conclusion, I think we should be doing more praise and also recognizing what Mou is doing with line-up - building team chemistry, depth and using full squad.

:bow:
Baraa
Baraa
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:45 pm

Yes, we have a group of truly amazing players and Mou is building something great. Very Happy
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:56 pm

Bill :bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by estrella bernabeu Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:01 pm

BIll what's your prediction for Pathético game eco smile
estrella bernabeu
estrella bernabeu
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:13 pm

estrella bernabeu wrote:BIll what's your prediction for Pathético game eco smile

Now are you guys going to try to make money on my predictions!!!!!!!!!

I predict a win but I don't pretend to be able forecast scores. I have been lucky a couple of times in this regard, but come on now I'm not a Paul.

If you insist I would say 3-1, but it's just a guess.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:17 am

again this is brought up.

what is the point of an internet forum about football if there is no criticism or critique.

there is no debate if everyone agrees that everyone is awesome at everything.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:18 am

You are now realizing this. :coffee:

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:33 am

I think criticizing takes too much of a negative connotation here
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:47 am

I'm already rich but if I had a euro for every time someone posted the word "sh*t" in a Di Maria discussion I'd be even richer Laughing
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:11 am

I'm still gonna criticize Di Maria's one footed ways...deal with it Old Man Bill
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:20 am

Good ole Bill! :bow:
Kev
Kev
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:46 am

hate the Di Maria hate on this section, there are countless teams that would kill themselves for a player like him
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ijomer Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:37 am

Amen
ijomer
ijomer
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:16 am

@senor bill, you have to differ between pointless and constructive critisism eco smile
Compared to other sections, ours is more inclined to the later one so I don't see a problem eco smile
The world doesn't work like you imagine, have something in perfect shape and stop evolving after.. eco smile The team possesses MUCH more potential eco smile

Last edited by babun1024 on Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:21 am

Great post in its sentiment Bill. However, as Babun stated, we're looking to project the full potential of our players. We're not unhappy with the players we have... far from it. But we look at what our players could become and what the team could become. Everyone is so young and just starting to scratch the surface of their full potential. That's what is so exciting to me!

There is always a sentiment (it's human nature) that other players are better than ours. It's "the grass is greener on the other side" syndrome. Di Maria is the biggest target of this and Khedira right behind him.

In the end, i would be completely satisfied if we did nothing but replace the players that want to leave. No need to do anything else frankly, unless a great opportunity presents itself. From a marketing standpoint though, Flo will always look to make a splash signing...

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:07 pm

babun1024 wrote:@senor bill, you have to differ between pointless and constructive critisism eco smile
Compared to other sections, ours is more inclined to the later one so I don't see a problem eco smile
The world doesn't work like you imagine, have something in perfect shape and stop evolving after.. eco smile The team possesses MUCH more potential eco smile
Babun your to green for me Very Happy
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:07 pm

ZsG7 wrote:
babun1024 wrote:@senor bill, you have to differ between pointless and constructive critisism eco smile
You look greener to me (24>21) eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:36 pm

babun1024 wrote:
ZsG7 wrote:
affraid
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:36 pm

ZsG7 wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
ZsG7 wrote:
affraid
eco smile or Very Happy ?
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by stunt Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:51 pm

dont get complacent in thinking Real is getting ahead of Barca, otherwise Barca fans will beat you all in the upcoming flamewars

stunt
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:10 pm

I think you have the wrong thread Stunt Man.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:19 pm

That's some good advice though. We can use every advantage we get in upcoming flamewars.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by anirudhkitt Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:27 pm

I agree with everything futbol bill said.

However there is another side to our forum (imo). We have a tendency to over hype our players and the team in the GS too much i feel. Until we see what happens in the classico, we cant really gauge how far our team has come along mentally against Barcelona. I loved our Supercopa games as much as you guys did but for me it was just an extension of the pre - season and not a true indication of our form.

As luck would have it, to do well this season we have to come up against barcelona and i have always felt it is a question of mentality rather than talent. So i will only say that we are better if we are able to play the supercopa game in the classico.
anirudhkitt
anirudhkitt
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum