Mr Nick09
hrealmadrid
SuperMAG
Onyx
Pedram
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Valencia president explain why David Silva didn't sign with Real Madrid - Page 2 Empty Re: Valencia president explain why David Silva didn't sign with Real Madrid

Post by SuperMAG Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:32 pm

lol. whatever u say doc.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Valencia president explain why David Silva didn't sign with Real Madrid - Page 2 Empty Re: Valencia president explain why David Silva didn't sign with Real Madrid

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:34 pm

Silva is a playmaking winger, he can play wide or central with not much difficulty. He is different from classic wingers like Di Maria, and he was doing very well on the left side for valencia.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:59 pm

Meh, I dont like Di Maria and would prefer Silva, but Ozil was a better choice. So no bad feelings here.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:26 pm

El Pipita wrote:
The 25-year-old, who has since excelled at new club Manchester City, was tipped to be closing in on a move to the Santiago Bernabeu during the summer of 2010, but according to the Mestalla outfit's supremo, any potential deal was vetoed by the 48-year-old coach.

"I have to say that Silva did have the feeling that an agreement was to be reached, as Real Madrid had the will and willingness to sign him, but with the change of coach, everything stopped," Llorente told AS.

"It was then that Manchester City came in and closed the transaction.

"Let's say that although we had several discussions with Madrid for the transfer of Silva and saw that they wanted it, one day they called us and told us their priorities had changed, and then, of course, negotiations broke down and we studied other offers."

There have been some suggestions that Valencia deliberately made negotiations with Madrid difficult, but Llorente dismissed the rumours, expressing the belief that their forthcoming opponents undervalue native players.

"Here at Valencia, we feel that Real Madrid would rather pay more for a player from a foreign club than from Spain," he stated.

Full interview: http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2011/11/17/2761452/valencia-president-manuel-llorente-jose-mourinhos-arrival-at
1. Don't trust him blindly because we don't know the otehr side of the story eco smile
2. The red part, it's clear they asked for more money and we refused to do so eco smile If you ever negotiated contracts you should understand from this sentence that they wanted an extra bonus for him being Spanish eco smile Mou may have played a part in it as well... eco smile
futbol_bill wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Silva needs the ball at his feet a lot... with CR7, Ozil, Alonso and Benz (when he plays), that's too many. You need guys who are off the ball players.

And that explains why he wants to bring in Neymar to replace Di Maria?????????
Neymar and Di maria are both wingers. Silva is a wing AM. We don't need an AM. Replacing Di Maria with Neymar would be a like for like replacement, only Neymar is supposed to be better than Di Maria eco smile

Last edited by babun1024 on Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:27 pm

Don't forget that Di Maria is 2 years younger than Silva. He still has time to improve his skills.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:40 pm

I know you guys don't like to hear anything bad about Mou, but he did make some mistakes when he came here. He wanted the new players to be his not unlike Perez wanting to get rid of Calderon signings.

Selecting Di Maria over Silva was simply a mistake. Silva was and is a much better player. Agreeing to Pedro Leon deal and having Canales join club (he was set to remain for another year at Racing unless new coach wanted him on team) were wrong decisions. He had the ability to say no to both of these.

Anyways what's done is done and we haven't lost any trophies because of these mistakes.

@babun, the price for Silva and Di maria was the same 30M. I don't think there is a bias against Spanish players just that Mou does have a favorism towards Portugal (in di Maria case, he had played in Portugal). I don't think Mou knew a lot about Spanish players (other than those in CL or WC) prior to coming here.

Speaking about that, the other day, the coach of youth seleccion said about VDB that he not only knows every spanish available WC player, he gets regular updates on youth and it said he even knows about talent under 16. If he ever retires from NT, we should hire him back as a talent scout.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:44 pm

VDB is required to know everything about any Spanish talent because he is the NT coach eco smile I'd like him back as well if he doesn't hold grudges eco smile
Bill, you still didn't get the point about Di Maria. Silva is the better player overall but he is no winger like Di Maria. We need someone like Di Maria in our system eco smile
The choice was Ozil or Silva... Mou chose Ozil eco smile
Again, you're targeting the wrong player, it's Ozil or another AM in our system. Silva or Canales, if he were brought to succeed, they should've outperformed Ozil anyway eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:48 pm

futbol_bill wrote:I know you guys don't like to hear anything bad about Mou, but he did make some mistakes when he came here. He wanted the new players to be his not unlike Perez wanting to get rid of Calderon signings.

Selecting Di Maria over Silva was simply a mistake. Silva was and is a much better player. Agreeing to Pedro Leon deal and having Canales join club (he was set to remain for another year at Racing unless new coach wanted him on team) were wrong decisions. He had the ability to say no to both of these.

Anyways what's done is done and we haven't lost any trophies because of these mistakes.

@babun, the price for Silva and Di maria was the same 30M. I don't think there is a bias against Spanish players just that Mou does have a favorism towards Portugal (in di Maria case, he had played in Portugal). I don't think Mou knew a lot about Spanish players (other than those in CL or WC) prior to coming here.

Speaking about that, the other day, the coach of youth seleccion said about VDB that he not only knows every spanish available WC player, he gets regular updates on youth and it said he even knows about talent under 16. If he ever retires from NT, we should hire him back as a talent scout.
everyone makes mistakes, regarding the pedro leon and sergio canales cases, i can see how maybe he accepted so that he could have a good squad incase guys like di maria or ozil were out, there were canales and pedro leon.. now of course as the season went by we began seeing that these two werent going to get much if any time for various reasons.

any ways i dont understand why people are still talking about silva in here, ya some might not like di maria and others might be butthurt that we dont have silva, but so what? hes gone, we have capable enough players, for us not to be precisely in need of a player like silva at this point, it was up to mou in the end, and i can tell you that he sure isnt looking back.

@ bill i doubt he was ignorant regarding the talent of a player like silva, he wanted di maria and thats what he got, and if we look at di maria in many ways including statistically, hes been nothing more than a success. now of course he has many cons, but why are we still looking back at silva...?
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:50 pm

Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:56 pm

babun1024 wrote:VDB is required to know everything about any Spanish talent because he is the NT coach eco smile I'd like him back as well if he doesn't hold grudges eco smile
Bill, you still didn't get the point about Di Maria. Silva is the better player overall but he is no winger like Di Maria. We need someone like Di Maria in our system eco smile
Again, you're targeting the wrong player, it's Ozil or another AM in our system. Silva or Canales, if he were brought to succeed, they should've outperformed Ozil anyway eco smile

No you're wrong, Silva plays wing at Man City and with seleccion. He did play Cam occasionally at Valencia, but he also played on wing as well. Like most Spanish wingers, they tend to cut to middle a lot, but he is a winger. The choice for that wing with madrid was Silva, Di maria and Navas. El Nido said no re Navas, Mou said no re Silva. The Cam position was to be Kaka, Van Der Vaart and Canales until Ozil was found. Silva was never being consider re CAM.

Sure Di maria sticks to his wing a little more and probably has a little more speed, but there isn't any doubt as to who is the better player. Perhaps Mou felt he wouldn't stick to the wing (like Pedro Leon's mistake with Mou), but have you noticed what Di Maria does when he gets the ball. He puts his head down and dribbles always to the left (towards the centre). You tell me what the difference re wingers with this in mind.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:58 pm

@madrid one - I didn't start this thread. I'm only stating the obvious. As I said earlier, what's done is done and we haven't lost any trophies because of these few Mou mistakes.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:03 pm

futbol_bill wrote:
babun1024 wrote:VDB is required to know everything about any Spanish talent because he is the NT coach eco smile I'd like him back as well if he doesn't hold grudges eco smile

No you're wrong, Silva plays wing at Man City and with seleccion. He did play Cam occasionally at Valencia, but he also played on wing as well. Like most Spanish wingers, they tend to cut to middle a lot, but he is a winger. The choice for that wing with madrid was Silva, Di maria and Navas. El Nido said no re Navas, Mou said no re Silva. The Cam position was to be Kaka, Van Der Vaart and Canales until Ozil was found. Silva was never being consider re CAM.

Sure Di maria sticks to his wing a little more and probably has a little more speed, but there isn't any doubt as to who is the better player. Perhaps Mou felt he wouldn't stick to the wing (like Pedro Leon's mistake with Mou), but have you noticed what Di Maria does when he gets the ball. He puts his head down and dribbles always to the left (towards the centre). You tell me what the difference re wingers with this in mind.
Di Maria makes countless runs behind the defenders and tracks back a lot defensivly. He runs 10km each game. Silva is a possession based player who passes more than runs. He'll break apart and be injured in no time in Mou's system. Why does the right winger has to work that hard? It's because CR7 doesn't track back a lot, he is needed in attack all the time eco smile
Could you imagine CR7 working hard like Di Maria for Silva? I don't think so. CR7 is the better player to begin with so Silva should cover for him eco smile
The only available option for Silva in Mou's system is AM eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:03 pm

Silva was lucky to go to City. The attack there is built around him and he's allowed to show everything... wouldn't have happened at Madrid.

As i mentioned earlier, i think we have more than enough players that like to play with the ball at their feet. In fact, some of them have had to adjust and play more and more off the ball (Benz). We need a winger that excels at making off the ball runs and covers well defensively. Di Maria would be perfect if he developed a brain... as far as pitch attributes though, he's exactly what we want.

Neymar seems out of the picture based on reports... and based on how he would have to adapt his game, it may have been the right decision for him too.

Not easy to coexist with CR7 dominated attack. Benz took a year and a half to adjust. Ozil is going through an adjustment now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:15 pm

Reason why we didn't sign Silva wasn't Ozil. Di Maria was our first signing while Ozil was the last. Ozil has been brought due to his world cup performance and our lack of creativity. Kaka was injured and VDV wasn't good enough for AMF so we had to find a AMF.

The debate regarding Di Maria/Silva/Navas started before WC. Mou had to change our formation to 4-2-3-1 so from the first day he was searching for a winger and in that time none of us were looking for Ozil. in fact i doubt many of us known Ozil before his world cup performance.

Last edited by El Pipita on Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:16 pm

futbol_bill wrote:I know you guys don't like to hear anything bad about Mou, but he did make some mistakes when he came here. He wanted the new players to be his not unlike Perez wanting to get rid of Calderon signings.

You cant exactly say that it was a mistake. Sure having Ozil and Silva could have been fancy but looking at the way we play, Ronaldo-Ozil-Silva looks like a very lazy attacking 3. Both Ronaldo and Ozil are learning defense, and Di Maria is probably doing the work of 2 or 3 players when he runs after people. That's why Mourinho favored him ahead of other players, that ridiculous work rate + the individual skills to be a difference maker. He might be a bit dumb in the play, but that's a trade off. I dont think Silva can run like Di Maria for 90min, impossible.

So after facts, sure it looks like a miss, but looking at the bigger picture, it makes sense. Now we can only hope that Di Maria gets wiser with time, and play simpler. He definitely has the tools.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:18 pm

Just to clear that particular point, VDB said many, many times that he would never in any circumstances return to Madrid. I guess Perez just pissed him off that much.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by shaven Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:28 pm

mtfootball wrote:So it was because of Mourinho.

we all knew that even before! its all Mou!
shaven
shaven
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by shaven Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:32 pm

futbol_bill wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Silva needs the ball at his feet a lot... with CR7, Ozil, Alonso and Benz (when he plays), that's too many. You need guys who are off the ball players.

And that explains why he wants to bring in Neymar to replace Di Maria?????????

LOL !

why all of the sudden they bringing back silva to madrid story...

bad mou , should have signed him instead of maria....

same goes to d luiz
shaven
shaven
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:33 pm

El Pipita wrote:Reason why we didn't sign Silva wasn't Ozil. Di Maria was our first signing while Ozil was the last. Ozil has been brought due to his world cup performance and our lack of creativity. Kaka was injured and VDV wasn't good enough for AMF so we had to find a AMF.

The debate regarding Di Maria/Silva/Navas started before WC. Mou had to change our formation to 4-2-3-1 so from the first day he was searching for a winger and in that time none of us were looking for Ozil. in fact i doubt many of us known Ozil before his world cup performance.

Imo, it's not that Vdv wasnt good enough, but he didnt fit the counter attacking style Mourinho was about to build Madrid around. The same can be said about Silva actually, and why Mourinho holds on to Kaka so much.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:25 pm

It's obvious Mourinho likes fast players and it was his first priority to turn us into one of the fastest team in Europe. of course Silva would've slow down his counter attacking style but we should also take it into account that with having Silva we could've more possession. in Spain playing possession-based style is more effective imo
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:18 am

How much more possession do we want. Do you know how much possession we have had this season ?

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:39 am

Magricos wrote: How much more possession do we want. Do you know how much possession we have had this season ?

I'm not talking about this season. Mou in his second season started changing his counter attacking style to possession style. though we are still a counter attacking team but generally it's a mixture of both style.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2